PDA

View Full Version : Temari (Naruto) cosplay help?

half-breeds
01-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Well I have decided to make a Temari costume for myself for Ohayocon '06. I've looked for her picture and other cosplayers but its really scarce to find. If anyone could help one the color of the fabric because in almost every picture its a different color. And where could I buy the mesh? I think making the giant fan will be easy if I make it out of Balsa wood. Please anyone willing to help me out?
http://www.sayuri.us/temari/sc/jpeg/temari097.jpg

Eleryth
01-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Which version of Temari are you doing? The pinky outfit or the blueish-purple one with the armor plate in front?

half-breeds
01-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Which version of Temari are you doing? The pinky outfit or the blueish-purple one with the armor plate in front? I'm going to do the Pinky outfit I think. The armour may take longer for me to do and Me and my friends agreed on pink, could you stil help me with that one?

Saaski_Moql
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
The picture of the outfit you attached (Temari's first outfit) is white. She appears later with another outfit consisting of a short, blue-purple kimono, silver breastplate-bodice-thing, and a pink sash.

Mesh, or fishnet, isn't usually sold as yards of fabric are. Mostly you have to order it special or just cut apart some fishnet stockings (<--easiest way). For her fan, furniture stores sell wall fans, ebay might be selling a few, and the paper isn't hard to paint.

Good luck with your costume!

half-breeds
01-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Well I think that now I have decided on the Blue-ish kimono thing for my costume. The white/pink one seems to be in two many colors depending on your source of the picture. mow if anyone can help me on the blue kimono Temari costume please do so?

Saaski_Moql
01-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Temari's second outfit is, as I said before, a short kimono of a light purpleblue color. All you really need to do is find some nie material and shorten a regular kimono pattern. She also wears a silver breastplate thing that almost works and looks like a corset. She wears a long pink sash around her waist over the breastplate, used not only as a decoration but as a fan "sheath" so to speak. The colors of her fan do not change. She also still wears her leg fishnet.

(and about her first outfit, it is white, no question. In the anime it is white as well as in color artbooks, so if the only reason you aren't going to do it is because of the color, but let that stop you ^^)

Eleryth
01-20-2005, 03:29 AM
Here's a scan from Uzumaki, the Naruto artbook. Hope it helps you somewhat! Temari 2 is the one. I think she's using the same sash as from her first outfit, it seems to be the same color. (Sorry, that is the size of the image from the book, I didn't crop her skinny or anything)

I always thought that first outfit was a very, very pale mauve... In my books (Official Animation books), it's not white-white, it's definitely an off-white color. I attached a scan, but it unfortunately doesn't show the exact color that I see in the image. Comparing it to the white around their sand symbols down near their names, and the whites of her eyes, the coloring of her outfit isn't the same, which makes me believe it's not white. (scan Temari3) Which books are you looking in?

If you're looking for patterns to alter, you could try Anne Liese's site (http://fibers.destinyslobster.com/Japanese/Clothes/japmake.htm) or use the patterns by Butterick (costume section) and Simplicity (simplicity's is under women's robes/jackets). The fold at her waist is because the kimono-like outfit is longer than what it looks. It's lifted up, wrapped, tied in place, then the extra falls over the fold. Its usually then arranged in the front to get the right crossing (left over right) and tied with another small sash or two before the obi.

http://www.asahi-jc.com/ If you go to this page, then click FAQ for Kimonos (under women's kimono), lower on the page it takes you to will have a link for how to wear a kimono. It will help you get an idea about that fold piece, and how long you'll have to make it to wear it "right".

For the armor, layering linoleum or styrene (plastic) over a mat like a sleeping mat or some other type of foam might help get the right look. It wouldn't be too rigid, but be able to make the right thickness with a smoother armored look to it. Fabric just wouldn't give the same look, I think.

half-breeds
01-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Thank you so much for the help with this costume Eleryth! I've debating between my friend for which one to do do thank you for both pictures and info on both costumes. Its been a major help to me thank you again!