PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Riji
01-19-2005, 11:34 AM
It was snowing here pretty hard for about 2-3 hours. I was surprised it stopped being how cold it is. (Nearly froze to death walking to my car from school.) It was nice big fluffy snow that was blowing all around with the constant wind.

Anyone else see any snow? :jjacks:

Star_Angel
01-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah it's snowing here in Greensboro NC (I drove all the way to class and had to turn around and come home because the roads were getting bad, grrrrr) lol, but hey at least my buddys in Charlottesville get to enjoy in the snow-ishness! lol. *hugs* I miss my Riji, lol.

Bethii-chan
01-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah it was snowing pretty bad while I was in school too. O_O; My teacher kept running to the window to see the snow on the street (my college is the top 4 floors of an office building) while teaching.

There was also a 10 car pile up right next to my school! I'm so glad I take the Metro to school! ^_^

bigwil
01-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Well it just started a little ways b4 this post was made.... :chatah: ..pix..apleasing the gods.& fresh powder...

Riji
01-19-2005, 03:58 PM
I love the pictures bigwil, especially the first one. Well posed. :bigtu:

It's pretty much gone here, amazing since it was snowing pretty hard this morning. Still fricken cold though.

Hurry up and come to Cville again Star_Angel! Gah, this semester needs to be over already so we can hang out. :thumbsup:

Star_Angel
01-19-2005, 05:11 PM
I love the pictures bigwil, especially the first one. Well posed. :bigtu:

It's pretty much gone here, amazing since it was snowing pretty hard this morning. Still fricken cold though.

Hurry up and come to Cville again Star_Angel! Gah, this semester needs to be over already so we can hang out. :thumbsup:
Bigwil the pics were great! lol.
Yeah the snow is pretty much gone here to, it seems it snowed hard enough for me to not have to go to class (since the roads were all slippery and yucky!) and then *poof* it was gone, lol!
I know I need to hurry up and come home! the next time I'll be there is when I come home for Katsucon! maybe I'll get to come home for spring break! that would be great! :)

LaPetiteSalope
01-19-2005, 06:43 PM
We had snow here in Arlington from about 10 and went on to about 4. *I didn't look outside in two hours* What really sucked was they didn't cancel school and they expected us to walk through the snow to the "New Building" at Yorktown High which was a block away from the old. I had three classes in the new building. -_-;; There was a gasoline leak of some sort at about 12 and everyone had to wait outside for ten minutes. I felt most sorry for people who had PE that period because I saw they hopping up and down outside in their PE uniform (shorts and tee-shirt) O_o.

--Other than freezing my butt off and people getting hypothermia, it was pretty fun going outside as an excuse to throw snowballs at your friends. ^_^

bag0k
01-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Aww man... it just stopped snowing at my house. We got about 3 inches and boy, is it ever cold! It's all powdery and not good for snowballs, but I went sledding and froze my butt off anyway. (even though I was out for like, 30 minutes...)
I'm angry at the weather channel! It said it would be snowing constantly until tomorrow morning or something, and the bulk of it was this morning! Hmph. I'll go check it again, but right now, my mommy's watching a movie.
I'ma go get my camera now to take a picture of my neighborhood!

Kohakuma
02-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Wee~, Spotsylvania and Stafford havn't been to school in 4 days. And we might not have school tomorrow since we're getting snow tonight. It's been a good week. XD
( Kagome, is that you Shiene? o.O )

Star_Angel
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Wee~, Spotsylvania and Stafford havn't been to school in 4 days. And we might not have school tomorrow since we're getting snow tonight. It's been a good week. XD
Theres no snow here, grrr I want snow! I need to go home so I can see some snow! (I'm in NC right now and all were having is cloudy-ness and rain!).

Higashi-sama17
02-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I want snow too! Except I actually want a blizzard. A big one . . .

Sad, that last Thursday we saw snow, but then it melted with the rain . . . Bleh. And at home (an hour away from Richmond; I'm in Richmond right now, and my mom's at home) she got a day off from work! That sucks . . .

I was praying for a day off, and it back fired. Darn it!

bag0k
02-27-2005, 02:48 PM
It snowed here last thursday. It began early in the morning and accumulated to about 3 inches or so throughout the day. We got 2 snow days! Yay!

LaPetiteSalope
02-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Haha no this isn't Shiene, but I know who she is! She's in my english class *but she always -ehem- skips class* Are you her friend who I waited in line with at the PLC concert at Katsucon? Just I guess.

--Suppost to snow about 10 inches by tommorrow! YAY!

bag0k
02-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Gr... they cancelled school again today for no freakin' reason! There's no snow yet, and right now, it's only snowing very lightly. I can't beleive I'm about to say this, but I miss school!

Riji
02-28-2005, 12:37 PM
We're also supposed to get 10 inches...and it looks like it. They canceled school early this morning and the roads haven't been plowed yet. Not to mention that it's still coming down quite heavily.

And I was going to go shopping today. ^^;;

Yuki kun
02-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Whee. It snowed here like...majorly. We got about a foot of snow. You can ever see under the Blazer at my house...let alone underneath my poor little 3000GT. o_o;; They called school off at like one or two this morning. I was so happy...but I still went to sleep. I wanted to go shopping today...but...I don't see that happening. I wanted to get my shirt and my wrist bands for my costume...Wai!!!

Piccies will be posted as soon as I can find teh batteries. Snow!!!

Star_Angel
02-28-2005, 01:07 PM
We're also supposed to get 10 inches...and it looks like it. They canceled school early this morning and the roads haven't been plowed yet. Not to mention that it's still coming down quite heavily.

And I was going to go shopping today. ^^;;
Grrrrrm, it better be gone by thur.s when my grandma comes down for my concert! lol. Man I want to be home where theres snow!!! It's just rainging here, lots and lots of rain, ick!

Gogglegirl
02-28-2005, 02:09 PM
It snowed...again. I was up at five ready to go to school and then I found out it was cancelled again. I haven't been to school for 5 days! (well two of those were Sat and Sun so naturally i didn't have school) And the snow that I have right now! Its perfect for a photoshoot! I've got my Hermione Granger (harry Potter) outfit that would look great in the snow! but alas...i have no one to take the pictures....

bag0k
02-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah... same here. No school for 5 days! My brain is loosing knowledge as we speak!
It's been continually dusting for a while. The snow just started sticking to the roads, so they're all slushy. The snow has accumulated on non-road surfaces to about... 2"? I hear the storm's arriving here a bit later than they thought. Bah. I hate snow. It's all cold and slushy. It looks cool when it's falling, or covering a landscape, but I hate the black and grainy mounds on the sides of the roads, or the soggy ground, or the people on my way to classes pelting snowballs every which way.

Kohakuma
02-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Haha no this isn't Shiene, but I know who she is! She's in my english class *but she always -ehem- skips class* Are you her friend who I waited in line with at the PLC concert at Katsucon? Just I guess.

--Suppost to snow about 10 inches by tommorrow! YAY!

Ah, no. I didn't go to Katsucon this year. xD I was just a friend from MSN anime chats YEARS ago. And we met once at Anime USA, but meh. She stopped answering my IM's so I was just curious 'cause you kinda looked like her. XD lol sorry.

Kohakuma
02-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Yeah... same here. No school for 5 days! My brain is loosing knowledge as we speak!
It's been continually dusting for a while. The snow just started sticking to the roads, so they're all slushy. The snow has accumulated on non-road surfaces to about... 2"? I hear the storm's arriving here a bit later than they thought. Bah. I hate snow. It's all cold and slushy. It looks cool when it's falling, or covering a landscape, but I hate the black and grainy mounds on the sides of the roads, or the soggy ground, or the people on my way to classes pelting snowballs every which way.

Haha, spotsylvania has no school tomorrow, either. XD Schoolsout.com rocks. <3 So that's 6 days now. >_> I forgot what my school looks like. <3

bag0k
03-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Hmph. Today was a 2-hr delay. Luckily, the homework I didn't finish and the project I forgot about until this morning's due dates were extended. My teachers were in good moods this morning! Yay!
I think there's another storm headed our way. I was watching the weather channel yesterday, and they were talking about some system around the Great Lakes. We'll see!

Star_Angel
03-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Yay! yes I got to see snow finally! after hearing all of you talk about all the snow you got we got a record breaking inch (maybe 2, lol) or so here in Nc (where I go to school at) but it was pretty while it was coming down! but after the nuts snow fliries we had for about four or five hours it started raining now its all gone! but it uber cold now! just thought I would share that because I was so excited about getting snow since the only time I ever really get to see snow if when im home in Charlottesville!

Kohakuma
03-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Yay! yes I got to see snow finally! after hearing all of you talk about all the snow you got we got a record breaking inch (maybe 2, lol) or so here in Nc (where I go to school at) but it was pretty while it was coming down! but after the nuts snow fliries we had for about four or five hours it started raining now its all gone! but it uber cold now! just thought I would share that because I was so excited about getting snow since the only time I ever really get to see snow if when im home in Charlottesville!

Alright! You finally got some. XD Unfortunately I think VA's all out of snow.. From this point on we'll prolly just get rain and dust flurries from now on. :: Tear. ::

bag0k
03-19-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm quite sick of snow... There was one day a while ago where I went to school without a jacket 'cuz it was just a little chilly, but during 1st period, it started to snow horizontally. The wind and snow kept up all through the day, and I'm a walker... >_< Worst. Day. Ever.

I think it's starting to warm up! Or, at least I hope it's warming up. These past few days have only needed light jackets, so maybe spring's finally springing! (GOSH it took long enough!)