PDA

View Full Version : Canadian shows cosplay

FalconW
01-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Anyone ever cosplayed characters from Canadian shows like The Red Green Show, Blackfly, Royal Canadian Air Farce?

I plan to cosplay Red Green next year.

shaggy ian
02-16-2005, 10:54 AM
i could wear my duct tape cargos to Ai-Kon
or i could just wear my NATO cargos

dani
02-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Some may be pretty funny, but I find Canadian shows to be somewhat dull costumewise, unless you count Cover Girl http://radio-canada.ca/television/covergirl/.

Ninja Sensei
02-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Anyone ever cosplayed characters from Canadian shows like The Red Green Show, Blackfly, Royal Canadian Air Farce?

At a couple of cons some time ago (a few years?) I remember seeing someone in a masquerade as the nephew (Wilbur?) ... complete with some electronic keyboard thingie.

And I've seen someone do a Star Trek version of Red Green as "the Ultimate Starfleet Engineer".

But I think that's the only two I can recall. The Wilbur one was really funny.

Yuna-X2
02-16-2005, 01:46 PM
If I could find 3 others, I'd do the Quintuplet thing from Air Farce/22 Minutes (I forget which one) in a second. I love those guys, and they're really noticable.

JustinCredible
02-16-2005, 02:00 PM
good possible costume ideas:

Anything from Reboot
Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys

Ninja Sensei
02-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Anything from Reboot

I've seen Bob and Dot, and a really good Mouse. And I seem to remember hearing that somebody was going to try an adult Andrea.

No Mike the TV though. ;)

Kia
02-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Boo ... what's ReBoot without Mike the TV ...

Ninja Sensei
02-16-2005, 04:04 PM
What about some characters from some of those shows in partnership with Cine-France (or whatever it's called)?

Like Knighthood?

Sarcasm-hime
02-16-2005, 10:27 PM
NIGHT HOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Um, yeah. I would seriously swoon if I saw a good Arsène Lupin (the first) cosplayer.

Just for cheesiness value I'd be tempted to wear something velvet and slinky and say I'm cosplaying Janette from Forever Knight. XD

Amy the Yu
02-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh lord I love Reboot. I watched it religiously. =D

I've always wanted to cosplay either Andrea or Daemon (from the movie), but never really have the chance since...I kinda don't look like either and don't have the body for it (although I wish I did).

Someone needs to cosplay Mike the TV. He's hilarious if not somewhat obnoxious.

I'd love to see a good Hexidecimal cosplay. That would be an insane costume, but absolutely gorgeous one. ^___^

Sarcasm-hime
02-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Hexadecimal has been on my to-do list for AGES. Daemon is also on my list. Dunno when I'll get to them...but Ruth and Julie (the Best of Show Alichino duo at AN last year) are doing Hex and Dot for AN AFAIK, so that should be kickass. ^_^

Oselle
02-17-2005, 07:15 AM
NIGHTHOOD!! *dies* Arsene Lupin (the first) was my first cartoon crush! XD

...and yes, we're still planning to go ahead with ReBoot costumes. I do believe Louise is making Andraia as well. ^_^

Ninja Sensei
02-17-2005, 08:25 AM
I'd love to see a good Hexidecimal cosplay. That would be an insane costume, but absolutely gorgeous one. ^___^

April did one at TT 11 ... and it did indeed rawk the house. :)

It's about time we saw some of these again. :D

Kaijugal
02-17-2005, 08:27 AM

There was this guy named Mark who did a killer Harold from Red Green. He even had the suspenders with the Red Green Show logo on them. But the best part, besides being a dead ringer for the guy was that he had the voice down perfectly. I've quickly browsed for pictures this morning looking for one of him, but that was many years ago now and I don't seem to be finding one. -_-"

I did find THIS (http://teemorris.com/appearances/signings/graphics/masquerade/tt_men_in_tights.jpg) picture tho, that I'm wondering if Ninja Sensei and Oselle have ever seen?

The BOB and DOT cosplay is HERE (http://carrhunger.0catch.com/heroes/ReBoot.html)

Cheers!

Seed-chan
02-18-2005, 04:48 PM
I've seen Bob and Dot, and a really good Mouse. And I seem to remember hearing that somebody was going to try an adult Andrea.

No Mike the TV though. ;)
OMG, Mike the TV would be frikkin awesome. *ponders* Or one of the digit guys... XD

Once long ago I wanted to do something from Andromeda.
...just because of all the leather ^^;

YukiPhnx
02-18-2005, 08:17 PM
wow, all this talk about reboot is making me reminisce. i had NO idea it was a canadian show! i jus knew it rocked and i watched it everynight.

archangeli
02-19-2005, 12:18 AM
NIGHT HOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Um, yeah. I would seriously swoon if I saw a good Arsène Lupin (the first) cosplayer.

Mmm.... Arsène Lupin...

I'd love to do something from CyberSix. It's all about the big hat, big cape and big panther ;)

YukiPhnx
02-20-2005, 05:28 PM
wow, i've ALWAYS wanted to see a cybersix cosplay. she's so kool! i think angeli-san would SO pull it off! ^_^

Amy the Yu
02-21-2005, 12:03 AM
OMG, Mike the TV would be frikkin awesome. *ponders* Or one of the digit guys... XD

Those random people that go dressed in a cardboard box to cons with random signs that read "I'm a gundam" and such, should pull out a bit of paint and do some binomes or something. They're basically 3 boxes...that would be funny. O.O

YukiPhnx
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
wow..now -I- wanna cosplay mike the tv! maybe i will.........

Oselle
02-21-2005, 08:22 PM
wow..now -I- wanna cosplay mike the tv! maybe i will.........

Eeheheheee! I may hold you to that. :bigtu:

Kia
02-22-2005, 12:12 AM
It just came to me. The ultimate ReBoot costume would be Nullzilla! And I'm looking at a certain monster costumer for that one. (not that you need another thing that you can't afford to do) ;)

Jo_Canadian
02-22-2005, 10:44 AM
i have actually been trying to do the grown up version of enzo (matrix as he prefers to be called) though i dunno if i could wear that much green paint