PDA

View Full Version : Quebec Conventions?

Yukem
01-20-2005, 06:35 AM
I see many conventions in Ontario, some in British Colombia and other city like this. I'm in Quebec, and Ontario is too far for me. There is no convention in Quebec?

Michi
01-20-2005, 06:50 AM
In 2003 there was an anime convention in Montreal, but there doesn't seem to have been anything since then. It was run by HobbyStar (hobbystar.com).

You can find some information about it by searching Google for "montreal anime con"... But that's about all I can help you with. Maybe HobbyStar will hold another one in the future. ^^;

Eleryth
01-20-2005, 07:05 AM
I believe Con*Cept is in Montreal... my friends headed out recently... it's not anime, but more of an "anything goes" convention, I think. Still fairly small. I think it's in November, but I can't be sure.

Getting to Toronto shouldn't be too hard with the train and busses and everything. There's lots of conventions there. ^^

Kia
01-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Althought it doesn't look like it's been updated since before the con, here's the Con*Cept webpage, if you're interested. ^_^ I'm fairly certain our caravan will be making the trip to it again next year.
http://www.conceptsff.ca/conv.html

Kaijugal
01-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Con*cept is a very friendly con. I was one of the memebers of the group that travelled out there from Ontario this year. ^_^ They are ramping up thier Masquerade now that there has been a renewed interest shown.

I agree with Kia, I'm sure many of us would be interested in attending again. I hope to see you there. :)
Cheers!

~Kai :)

Yukem
01-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Aaw, thank you all ^^ I saw the Con*Cept's website, and maybe I'll go in November ^^ Maybe in bloody Alice, or in a Final Fantasy caracter, if its accepted in Con*Cept... I hope I'll go this year ^^ I'll search on Google too.

Aaridys
05-05-2006, 09:21 PM
There's also Otakucon that takes place at Concordia University on the 10th and 11th of june 2006 in Montreal. They have a website, although I don't recall the website... sorry!

Kimmy
05-07-2006, 08:58 AM
The website for Otakuthon is http://otakuthon.com if you're interested. ^.^

fox.boy
05-07-2006, 06:57 PM
www.otakuthon.com <--- Otakuthon. Con in montreal June 10 to 11