PDA

View Full Version : ALA Full?!

Rogue Marvel
01-20-2005, 04:03 PM
the offical site says that they are going to have to cut off at door sales, but what about people who are staying at the hotel and didn't prereg?

I'm staying with a group who has rooms thursday-sunday but I might not be able to make it till friday sometime in the afternoon. I would hate to have paid for a room and not be able to get a badge. Are people staying at the hotel assured a badge (if they pay for it of course)?

Shoudn't be an isssue for me since I'm likely to be ariving early but I want to make sure.

thenonthinker
01-20-2005, 05:03 PM
noooooooooooooooooo i hope this isn't fully true...i don't want it to be at least...my best friend didn't get the chance to pre-register. and i would be very very depressed with out her.

Anele
01-20-2005, 06:19 PM
How many people will be allowed to register at-door? Two of my roommates were not able to pre-reg in time. o_o

Sana-chan
01-20-2005, 06:37 PM
A lot of people weren't able to pre-reg due to various circumstances and it seems ridiculous to have to limit how many people can register. If everyone is congregated in a small area as to create a fire hazard, tell them to move. Just my two cents ^^.

thenonthinker
01-20-2005, 06:49 PM
That freakin sucks, even if they didn't anticipate that many people to pre-register. But yeah, for people staying at the hotel and didn't pre-register that would just suck big time if they didn't get in. Those people should at least be guaranteed to get in.

EDIT! This is Link-kun. i forgot to log onto my name and off her's. sorry.

shadow_girl294
01-20-2005, 06:56 PM
dang! im not going there cuz i havent heard of that con. but that has gotta suck! if that happend to AD2K5 then i dont know...i havent had a chance to pre-reg and its anime detours 2nd con...(they didnt expect so many people...1500 for their first...this years is over 3000...the people in MN like anime too!!!) i hope i get in :waaaah:

thenonthinker
01-20-2005, 06:56 PM
If everyone is congregated in a small area as to create a fire hazard, tell them to move. Just my two cents ^^.

i agree. just treat us like the cows we...are? but it's not like everyone will be one place at once. so it shouldn't be that bad should it?

Hazel Chaz
01-20-2005, 07:14 PM
the offical site says that they are going to have to cut off at door sales, but what about people who are staying at the hotel and didn't prereg?

I'm staying with a group who has rooms thursday-sunday but I might not be able to make it till friday sometime in the afternoon. I would hate to have paid for a room and not be able to get a badge. Are people staying at the hotel assured a badge (if they pay for it of course)?

Shoudn't be an isssue for me since I'm likely to be ariving early but I want to make sure.

Something you might consider is having one of your friends purchase your membership for you first thing Friday morning; then when you arrive, he or she can give you your badge and goodie bag.

If you guys can get me a list of the people who are staying on-site, we can match it up to our pre-reg list and determine who has yet to join that we should reasonably expect. We'll do our best. (The fact that you have a room to go to means that you're not restricted to hanging out in the halls; that works in your favor.)

Hazel Chaz
01-20-2005, 07:18 PM
A lot of people weren't able to pre-reg due to various circumstances and it seems ridiculous to have to limit how many people can register. If everyone is congregated in a small area as to create a fire hazard, tell them to move. Just my two cents ^^.

We're going to do our best to manage the crowds to hold off when we have to say "we're full"; our current estimate is around the 400 mark, but we may be able to go larger depending on how people circulate and congregate. But if we reach the point where the foyer is wall-to-wall people, and the program rooms and con suite and so forth are all full, and there's nowhere to go, we're not going to have much choice.

We don't want to have an unsafe event; we don't want the fire marshal to stop by, take a look around, and shut the whole convention down. That would be worse than having to turn people away...

Hazel Chaz
01-20-2005, 07:23 PM
i agree. just treat us like the cows we...are? but it's not like everyone will be one place at once. so it shouldn't be that bad should it?

We can seat 300 people in the ballroom, for example for the Masquerade. Some people are going to be standing around the doors watching; we'll also open the curtains so you can watch from outside. There's room for people to sit in the video rooms, they can probably absorb about a hundred; there's room outside in the garden, not sure how many people can hang out there but I know there's room (between gathering places #1 and #2) for a 30'x50' tent, so I expect quite a few people can mill around outside.

We're constrained by the fact that we didn't think we'd be this big -- and we told the hotel to go ahead and book another group in on the same weekend. (That's partly how we got our great room rates, by the way.) So the hotel's lobby, the main pool area, and various other places that would be natural overflow areas aren't necessarily going to be available for our spillover.

There could come a point where it's too crowded to have a good time. For example, if you want to pose for pictures, it's nice to have a little room around where you're standing so people can get a clear shot. And I want people to enjoy themselves.

Rogue Marvel
01-20-2005, 07:49 PM
so how many people prereged and how many people can you fit?

just so we get a general numbers idea

Suguishi
01-20-2005, 09:42 PM
ppl WILL find a way to smeak in.. they're just screwing themselves... let them. *not impressed*

Clueless Case
01-20-2005, 09:48 PM
I couldnt pre-reg since I have finals that week so i didnt know if I could go. Plus, if you place a limit on the registration, the con will lose popularity.

KorosuAkurei
01-20-2005, 10:27 PM
I couldnt pre-reg since I have finals that week so i didnt know if I could go. Plus, if you place a limit on the registration, the con will lose popularity.

yeah, i agree. people will definately look down on the con if there's a limit on registration ._.;;;;;;;
plus, those people who couldn't pre-reg but got a hotel room already....they won't be able to enjoy the con they've been looking forward to...i also have some friends who didnt get a chance to pre-reg...and they were planning to register at the door. it wouldnt be a fun con without them.

oh and also, people will probably try borrowing their friends' badges to get in o.o;;; so...the con will probably be losing money or something...so i think it'd be best to not have a limit on registration...... ._.;;;

but what if only a portion of the people who pre-registered actually showed up? We wouldnt know until the con if they're coming for sure...so that would open some spots up...

i have no clue if i made sense though

Hazel Chaz
01-21-2005, 03:44 AM
yeah, i agree. people will definately look down on the con if there's a limit on registration ._.;;;;;;;

What will they say about the convention if the fire department shuts us down Saturday afternoon and sends everyone home, cancels the Masquerade and the Sunday events, and levies a fine on the hotel & the convention organizers?

Katamari
01-21-2005, 04:06 AM
What will they say about the convention if the fire department shuts us down Saturday afternoon and sends everyone home, cancels the Masquerade and the Sunday events, and levies a fine on the hotel & the convention organizers?

I whole-heartedly agree. It is more logical to play it safe and have the popularity of the con grow over the years than to have a surge of attendees at once, thereby increasing risks as well as the chances of the con ever occuring again. Just because there is a limit on registration doesn't automatically negate your chances of getting one so I don't see the need to complain. Besides, pre-registration took a whole 5 minutes or so to get through paypal and send your information online. I'm sure writing a check and a letter wouldn't take much time either.

Cicatrice
01-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Pagh. I'll go--registered or not. >_<#

lemoned
01-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I'd hate to say this.. But seeing as SoCal doesn't get as many cosplay events.. You should have anticipated that more than 400 people WOULD show up. This is a CONVENTION, not a gathering. People will be traveling to get here. And even though it's a SoCal event, that doesn't mean that just SoCal cosplayers and anime fans will come. I've never heard of a con having less than 400.

And I find it a bit unfair that you're already starting to blame the people that want to come to have a good time by guilt-tripping them and telling them that if they show up, the fire marshall will shut it down and fine you (which is probably true, but that's your problem). They're not the ones that told the hotel to book another event for cheaper rates.

I didn't pre-register because I wasn't even sure that I could go until less than a week ago. But now it'll just be a waste of gas to come down on Sat just to be turned away.

And on an unrelated note, please stop double posting. It's rude and against the forum rules. Theres an 'edit' button if you find something that you want to add. Theres no need to post 3 or more times in a row.

Mink
01-21-2005, 03:21 PM
No offense guys, but beggers can't be choosers. Granted, they should have expected a big turn out, but for a first year con, how could they have? Lets not knock it before we experiance it ok? It sounds like the people in charge are doing a great job, and I will be hauling ass down there on thursday nite just to make sure I get in :)

They can't help the legalities of it, so lets not get after them. If nothing else, litle tokyo has a GREAT mall/shopping center and is only about 25 minutes south of the con :)

Marychan
01-21-2005, 04:05 PM
I'd hate to say this.. But seeing as SoCal doesn't get as many cosplay events.. You should have anticipated that more than 400 people WOULD show up. This is a CONVENTION, not a gathering. People will be traveling to get here. And even though it's a SoCal event, that doesn't mean that just SoCal cosplayers and anime fans will come. I've never heard of a con having less than 400.

And I find it a bit unfair that you're already starting to blame the people that want to come to have a good time by guilt-tripping them and telling them that if they show up, the fire marshall will shut it down and fine you (which is probably true, but that's your problem). They're not the ones that told the hotel to book another event for cheaper rates.

Perfectly stated, I wholeheartly agree. I was unable to pre-register because I am only going for one day, Saturday.

I NEED to know whether or not the staff will turn people at the door, because transportation is an issue. Also if I had spent the night before so excited for the con that I wouldn't be able to sleep and waking up the next day at six am to spend two-three hours preparing to cosplay, it would be really really disappointing to be turned away.

So is there a way you can take down the names of the people who were unable to pre-register because they're only going for a day or staying in a hotel etc. and be able to provide us with a definite YES or NO to whether there will be a space at the con for us.

Clueless Case
01-21-2005, 04:46 PM
I just think it's unfair since you limited pre-reg to only full weekend badges rather than including people going to one day.

Jaina Solo
01-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Alright. I'm going to try and speak my mind in the most professional tone I can muster, because I am above throwing slanders and blames at people who don't deserve it.

First off, pre-registration was available for, what, 2 months? There's been a thread for ALA available in the "Others" thread long before that. I understand that certain circumstances make pre-registration difficult for some people, but for others, "I just found out about it" or "I didn't know if I was free that weekend" is no excuse. I, for one, planned my schedule around Anime LA two months in advance so that I could go to this con, and because I made this weekend available for myself, I did not hesistate to pre-register. It's not Hazel Chaz's fault that the number of people attending was far more than expected; for a con's first year, this is incredible and unpredictable.

And I highly doubt that putting a cap on the number of attendees will make this con less popular. I have a feeling that the people who do attend will enjoy it because, like Hazel Chaz said, it won't be crammed wall-to-wall with people. And no one here has the right to argue safety--safety is safety, no matter how you look at it. You can't argue with the fire department, and I would definitely be an unhappy camper if the con were to be shut down because there were far too many people here.

If you are unhappy with the cap-situation, then don't support the con. It's as easy as that. I'm sure next year, when Chaz has a better idea of the situation, the maximum number of attendees allotted will increase, and there won't be any regstration problems. At least he warned people plenty ahead of time about these issues. It would've been much worse had he not said anything, and then have hundreds of people at the door turned away without any warning. This gives people a fair chance to get registered early, or for those who won't be there Friday, have a friend pick up their registration.

I can understand the irritation that some people feel at the thought of possibly getting turned away at the door; I would obviously be mad myself too. But I can also understand the con's issues too, and what's done is done. If you're really desperate, I'm sure there's a phone number you can call and ask what the registration is looking like. Seriously, though, folks--Hazel Chaz has been nothing but helpful this whole time; he's answered just about everyone's questions, been available via IM, and he's given out his phone number for those who really need to get a hold of him.

And lemonded--if Hazel Chaz's double posts really piss you off, find a moderator.

ZiggyB
01-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm just coming into say that lemoned is right about the double, and in this case triple, posting. It is against the rules of this site.

So Hazel Chaz so please stop posting one right after another. You can easily combine your posts or use the "Edit" button to update your posts.

Oh and Jaina Solo, it's "Lemoned."

Jaina Solo
01-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Oh and Jaina Solo, it's "Lemoned."
LoL. I ought to learn how to spell.

ChibiHiku
01-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Oooo... plans just keep on getting even MORE complicated.

Like lemoned, I was unsure until just this week whether I could go to AnimeLA.

And now this comes off as quite a surprise.

My two cents are basically what everyone else has said.

I hope everything can get sorted out because apparently a lot of ppl had planned on going to this event.

Eveil
01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
hahaha XD
wow, jaina, that's a little much there.

how do you plan your LIFE around a con? a small one too. X_x I can understand more if it's a big con like say...AX, Fanime or Otakon. As much as I volunteer at cons, I make it work WITH my schedule. My life + my hobby don't compete over each other for dominance.

Yeah, definate bad planning. But whatever, we'll see what happeneds next weekend.
but it WOULD be helpful if we got some numbers?

Beat Takeshi
01-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't imagine those who didn't pre-register, and can't get a badge, will be denied to walk around the con Hotel if they already have a Room in the Hotel. As long as we try to get a badge, and are denied, will you hold it against us if we mingle in non-con badge required areas of the Hotel, Chaz?

Anele
01-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Can we have those numbers, perhaps, of those registration spots remaining? As I have said before, two of my roommates could not pre-register, and I just want to make sure that they have at least a chance in getting a badge.

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Perfectly stated, I wholeheartly agree. I was unable to pre-register because I am only going for one day, Saturday.

If you're a student, the pre-registration price for the whole weekend was the same as what a one-day Saturday will cost.

So is there a way you can take down the names of the people who were unable to pre-register because they're only going for a day or staying in a hotel etc. and be able to proved us with a definite YES or NO to whether there will be a space at the con for us.

I believe I already offered that in a previous post: that if I can get a list of people staying at the hotel, I'll try to do right by them; and I believe I already mentioned that you could hand the money off to a friend to buy your one-day membership first thing Saturday morning. I also believe that some people are getting cranky at me for posting more than one message a day, or otherwise repeating repeating myself myself.

Eveil
01-22-2005, 12:38 AM
If you're a student, the pre-registration price for the whole weekend was the same as what a one-day Saturday will cost.

so the whole student discount is only for pre-reg people? .-.

I believe I already offered that in a previous post: that if I can get a list of people staying at the hotel, I'll try to do right by them;

I, as well as 2 others are in a hotel room.

or otherwise repeating repeating myself myself.

I don't get the joke. :/

you're not allowed to release numbers?

unlock
01-22-2005, 12:42 AM
A confirmed entrance should not depend on having a pre-reg badge. The fact that they did not anticipate the number of people IS bad planning. You don't throw a party with an open invitation, than a within two weeks before it's scheduled, suddenly decide to close and minimize the number of attendee's.

For one thing, I've never been to or heard of a con where they turn people away at the door. Some of us have fluctuating work schedules so we can't build everything around one con. It's not an excuse. The TRUTH is some people work of fridays. And suddenly because of that we're almost gauranteed that we'll lose a chance to have fun this weekend.

Atleast people will learn from this stupid turn of events and not make the same mistake next year. I hope.

Marychan
01-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I believe I already offered that in a previous post: that if I can get a list of people staying at the hotel, I'll try to do right by them; and I believe I already mentioned that you could hand the money off to a friend to buy your one-day membership first thing Saturday morning.

So if I go REALLY early Sat. morning I may able to get a membership?

Sign...I do believe that right now the only possible remedy for this situation is for you to provide us with the numbers of people the con can hold, and the number of people who have register with a consistent daily update.

Since it is understandable that this is the first year for AnimeLA mistakes are prone to happen, whatís done is done and blaming people by pointing fingers wonít solve anything, the mistake made this year can only make the con more functional and smooth the next.

Therefore if you provide us with the numbers, we, the people who are interested in going to the con but have not pre-register can decide for ourselves if we want to take the chance of going and be turn away at the door.

Anele
01-22-2005, 01:00 AM
*nods at xDarkMistressx* Please provide us with some figure for remaining memberships. (addition) I emailed you concerning the badges for my roommates as well. Least I could do... and hope for the best... =/

Beat Takeshi
01-22-2005, 01:17 AM
I don't imagine those who didn't pre-register, and can't get a badge, will be denied to walk around the con Hotel if they already have a Room in the Hotel. As long as we try to get a badge, and are denied, will you hold it against us if we mingle in non-con badge required areas of the Hotel, Chaz?

I'm sorry to be a bother, but I was hoping to have this answered. I checked for a possible answer in the posts, but I could not find anything. If you could answer this directly for me Chaz, I'd appreciate it very much. Thank you for your time.

Personal Note: I appreciate the effort you've put into this con, and I think it's great you're talking to the Cosplay community directly. Thank you Chaz.

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm sorry to be a bother, but I was hoping to have this answered. I checked for a possible answer in the posts, but I could not find anything. If you could answer this directly for me Chaz, I'd appreciate it very much. Thank you for your time.

Answer #1: If you're staying at the hotel, you have free run of all of the non-convention areas of the hotel. In other words the lobby, the restaurant, the main pool deck, the parking lot... (Why would I worry about what someone's doing over in the other part of the hotel? Do I really come across as that much of a hyphenated control freak?)

The convention only controls the garden area (gathering places #1, #2, #3), the ballroom rooms, the foyer outside the ballroom, and the various bedrooms we're renting for a variety of purposes. We're having the furniture removed from a number of rooms so we can put in dealers, Con Suite, Costume Repair Station, office, video rooms, and so forth -- by the time we're done, I expect that we'll practically own the entire floor. So basically, the Plaza Tower, not counting the upper floors, is convention space. Obviously people staying on the upper floors can traverse through to get to the elevator, but hanging out in the convention space is reserved to convention members and the people waiting in line to register.

Answer #2: Give me the names of the people staying in your room. I'll set them aside; if you're renting a room at the convention rate, you are contributing to the success of the convention (because the hotel notices these things, and lots of rooms credited against our quota helps), so you've already got points ahead.

Answer #3: Should I offer to take money now, at the at-door rate, to lock in the memberships of the people who are worrying so loudly? If I did that, any guess as to how many takers I'd get?

Answer #4: Give your buddy your money, and have them pay for your membership when they pick up theirs. (You don't have to be there, just your name and your money.)

Pick the answer you like...

Personal Note: I appreciate the effort you've put into this con, and I think it's great you're talking to the Cosplay community directly. Thank you Chaz.

You're welcome; it's nice to be appreciated. As you've no doubt noticed, I'm still feeling my way around here; my sincere thanks to everyone who privately messaged me about my lapse of etiquette vis-a-vis the multiple posts when I was trying to answer a bunch of questions at once, it sure beats the hell out of being publicly called a careless clueless idiot. (I also received a PM from a site admin explaining why the non-costuming threads I'd started mysteriously vanished overnight... I'm new here, and I'm still learning the ropes.)

The fact that they did not anticipate the number of people IS bad planning. You don't throw a party with an open invitation, than a within two weeks before it's scheduled, suddenly decide to close and minimize the number of attendee's.

Okay, you tell me: how many people are going to attend? Here's the information you have available. (1) First-run conventions in California -- the first years of Ani-Magic and Yaoi-Con -- get less than 400 people. Yes, I know Anime Overdose and Anime Boston got zillions of people in their first year; but California is mostly a saturated market. We've got AX, and Comic-Con, and Fanime, and even PMX now. Plus JTAF, even. (2) You've been promoting it for over a year, the convention's 40 days away, and less than 20 people have pre-registered. (3) Your hotel bill will be at least $6000 if nobody shows up. (4) You finally reach 100 pre-reg three weeks before the convention.

Go ahead, tell me your insight: what sort of crowds should I have planned for, half a year ago when I signed the hotel contract and put down a thousand dollars for a deposit?

And don't say there's no upper limit. Even Disneyland has a point at which they'll say "we're full, go away." Happens a couple of times a year.

Eveil
01-22-2005, 03:03 AM
And don't say there's no upper limit. Even Disneyland has a point at which they'll say "we're full, go away." Happens a couple of times a year.

That is a completely different ball park XD;; I don't think Disneyland would be the best compairison.

Mink
01-22-2005, 03:37 AM
I hate to be the devils advocate, but am I the only cosplayer that sees this as reasonable? Obviously its going to suck if I get turned away at the door...but I have anime overdose in two months. Fanime two months after that. AX and comic con one month after that. PMX a month or two after that. Yaoi con and Ani-Magic a month or two after that. And Japan expo in december. Wow. Its rough to be an anime fan and cosplayer in when you live in California.

Come on guys, cut this guy some slack. Yes its going to be frustraiting to get all the way to the con and get turned away. I really hope it doesnt come to that. Who knows? We might all be pleasently suprised. Either way, all this nay-saying isnt doing anyone any good. Obviously, Hazel is doing the best job he can with what he is given. He can't change the past. How was he to know it would be this popular its first year? And to over estimate could have ment that they lost so much money on the con, that they could never have it again. Now he, and the others who run this con, realize that its bigger than they expected and will plan accordingly for next year.

Disneyland is a good comparison because people never go there and expect it to be full. They go there to have fun. Sometimes its full. Sometimes entire families plan trips years in advance and cross the country just to go and its full. Does that suck? Well, YEAH. But life goes on and Lord knows there is just about a million things to do in southern california, even in costume.

And Im sorry, but what good are numbers going to do anyone? If they can take 40 people at the door, are you going to try for it? What about 100? or just 5? Its silly. His message seems to me to say get there as early as you can period. Obviously people work (I do :P) but life goes on.

ChibiHiku
01-22-2005, 03:48 AM
This question was asked in a previous comment, but I don't see a visible answer. So sorry if this comes off as repetitive, but I have heard from my friends who are going about a student discount? What is the situation with the student discount? Is there none? I haven't been doing much research on this convention, since I have been uncertain of whether or not I could attend it till just this past week. But I have checked the site before posting this.

jetspectacular
01-22-2005, 04:54 AM
I'm with Hiku on this, how does the student discount work? I pre-regged a few weeks back just by paying $25 and recieved my confirmation in the mail, but I haven't sent in/scanned/faxed whatever a copy of my student ID. However, my roomate preregged as well and was asked by email to scan a copy of hers?? Am I out of a loop or something? Will IDs just be checked at the door??

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm with Hiku on this, how does the student discount work? I pre-regged a few weeks back just by paying $25 and recieved my confirmation in the mail, but I haven't sent in/scanned/faxed whatever a copy of my student ID. However, my roomate preregged as well and was asked by email to scan a copy of hers?? Am I out of a loop or something? Will IDs just be checked at the door??

We'd like you to send us your ID now, please; I don't know why you were put in the system without it. Generally our treasurer waits until she has both the payment and the proof before entering your data into the database. Scan it in, or take a picture of it, and e-mail it to reg (at) anime-la.org.

This question was asked in a previous comment, but I don't see a visible answer. So sorry if this comes off as repetitive, but I have heard from my friends who are going about a student discount? What is the situation with the student discount? Is there none? I haven't been doing much research on this convention, since I have been uncertain of whether or not I could attend it till just this past week. But I have checked the site before posting this.

There is no student discount at the door. We expect students who are juggling term papers, next semester or quarter's classes, requirements for graduation, and so forth to be better at planning than those of us who are out on the street, and we wanted to reward that kind of planning-ahead with the student PRE-REGISTRATION discount.

We already have six categories of at-the-door membership (Full weekend, Friday, Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night, Sunday) and we're not going to complicate matters further with validating student status too and another set of numbers. The student discount plan is over.

Thanks for pointing out that I didn't explain this precisely on the website. I've fixed it.

Chaz

Beat Takeshi
01-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Answer #1: If you're staying at the hotel, you have free run of all of the non-convention areas of the hotel. In other words the lobby, the restaurant, the main pool deck, the parking lot... (Why would I worry about what someone's doing over in the other part of the hotel? Do I really come across as that much of a hyphenated control freak?)

Not at all good sir. The reason I asked is because Ani-Magic had similar issues. You see, some people only go to AM to hang with friends, and the pool area of the AVI wasn't a badge-restricted area. So some didn't buy badges.

This upset the staff, and many con-goers as well. I wanted to make sure you were okay with it. Had I known this would happen, I'd have pre-registered. As it stands, I'll give my best effort to get a badge. If I am turned down, I will accept fate and just hang with all my con friends I see so little of.

I think nothing ill of you dear Chaz. In fact, with a recent convention letting an incomiptent Chairmen take the helm which is running the con into the ground, you are a welcomed change.

You have and are continuing to show your quality.

Wow, it sounds like I'm kissing your ass. Yuck. Anyways, the point is...some of us appreciate your work.

Hazel Chaz
01-23-2005, 03:49 AM
I received a PM which I've decided to share with you guys: "Ok, the thing is me and my friends already have a room. Paid for. So I'll have to go. I'll find something else to do I guess."

If you've got a room, we'll make sure you can pay for your membership and join us. People with rooms have priority. You can always retreat to your room if the crowds get too much. (And if you're with Jarod's IE group, he's sending us a list.) And as I mentioned in another message somewhere, I just found out that we have a hundred more seats in our live program rooms than I thought we did. We're still talking about what our cap's going to be (and it's going to happen after we see how the crowd flow works out), but it's looking more like it'll be closer to 500 than to 400.

Another thing from a different poster that I wanted to follow up on:

The reason I asked is because Ani-Magic had similar issues. You see, some people only go to AM to hang with friends, and the pool area of the AVI wasn't a badge-restricted area. So some didn't buy badges. This upset the staff, and many con-goers as well.

Well, one point of view goes like this: the reason your friends are at the hotel is because the convention is happening there -- it's not just a coincidence; you and your friends don't normally find yourselves at that hotel on a random weekend. So ghosting the convention just means you're trying to take advantage of what someone else has worked to set up; and, taken to its logical extreme, eventually everyone will be hanging out and nobody will be paying to keep the convention going. Now, you've got a LEGAL right to hang out at the pool if you're renting a room from the hotel; but ETHICALLY speaking you're on much shakier ground. And the situation gets murkier still, if you consider that Ani-Magic brought it upon themselves by having their main program track be in an unrestricted common area of the hotel. I mean the pool deck is a fun place to hang out, but it's not going to be possible to restrict it to convention members only...

The situation at the AVI with Ani-Magic doesn't correspond very well to what we have at the Airtel Plaza Hotel with Anime Los Angeles, however, because our main program track isn't in a common unrestricted area of the hotel... And if we were to, for example, have a program item out in the parking lot, we would have no reason to object if people ghosted that program item. (We have that at Loscon sometimes: we have a flintknapping demonstration, for example, in front of the hotel. You don't need a badge to walk up and watch it.)

Beat Takeshi
01-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Chaz, I know exactly what you mean. However, the reason I brought it up was to make it clear to you that if I cannot get a badge, I will still mingle with friends in non con badge required areas of the Hotel. I do not want to be considered one of these types of Ani-Magic badge doggers, which I'm sure I will be at first glance by your staff. I just wanted to make that clear. I want your blessing that if I am forced to that extreme, I can still walk the hotel without worrying about staff hasseling me.

Rogue Marvel
01-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Well I was really worried at AM last year about geting hassiled because some of my friends arived friday night after regestration had closed but I explaned and they said we would not be hassled and we weren't.

And AVI this year will be completly AM so there will be no excuess to be badge less.

I'm really not worried about this anymore I think everyone will be fine to hang out. it looks less like it will over flow so really no worres

stuff normaly works out for the best

Anele
01-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Chaz, did you receive my email with my roommates' names? Just wanted to make sure (if you remember, I tried to email you something earlier this year that you said didn't go through).

Marychan
01-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Answer #3: Should I offer to take money now, at the at-door rate, to lock in the memberships of the people who are worrying so loudly? If I did that, any guess as to how many takers I'd get?

I would very much appreciate this option so I wouldnít have to worry so much. How would this work though, would you take down my name and any additional information and I will pay at the door or pay online? because I'm pretty sure money order won't arrive on time.

Answer #4: Give your buddy your money, and have them pay for your membership when they pick up theirs. (You don't have to be there, just your name and your money.)

Pick the answer you like...

The thing is my two friends and sister are also going on Saturday, so I know noone who can pick my membership earlier. Is there anyone willing to help me out?

I hate to be the devils advocate, but am I the only cosplayer that sees this as reasonable?..but I have anime overdose in two months. Fanime two months after that. AX and comic con one month after that. PMX a month or two after that. Yaoi con and Ani-Magic a month or two after that. And Japan expo in december.

Must we compromise, reason, and give a detail explanation why we would like to attend AnimeLA. True California has other cons, but maybe AnimeLA just happen to fit with our schedule and the nearest con to our location. So yes, for some of us who canít just pick up and go to a con, it is a big deal to plan and KNOW exactly what the status of the con are. Geech is it so offending to some people, to just want to know what exactly is going on.

And Im sorry, but what good are numbers going to do anyone? If they can take 40 people at the door, are you going to try for it? What about 100? or just 5? Its silly. His message seems to me to say get there as early as you can period. Obviously people work (I do :P) but life goes on.

Actually it makes a world of a difference, if we can get an estimate of how many more people AnimeLA can take it will help us decide if its worth it to try. Maybe thereís 200+ space left, optimistically, then hell yes I will take my chances and go down there to try. However if there was only five spaces left, then Iíll stay home and plan for expo. :D

Eveil
01-23-2005, 09:11 PM
There is no student discount at the door. We expect students who are juggling term papers, next semester or quarter's classes, requirements for graduation, and so forth to be better at planning than those of us who are out on the street, and we wanted to reward that kind of planning-ahead with the student PRE-REGISTRATION discount.

Not to sound offending or anything...but that whole paragraph makes the rest of us sound like complete idiots x_x;;

Yea, I have schoool, but I also have a job..making costumes, sleeping, and preparing to move. I just recently 100% for sure decided I could go since it's a rare weekend I have free and I want to have fun in my hobby and with friends that I don't see that often.

ChibiHiku
01-24-2005, 02:47 AM
I second.

Your reasoning sounds rather out of place. Not every student is organized and on top of their schedule. If anything, we have a lot on our platter that distract us from getting things such as pre-registering for a con versus those so-called others on the street.

Hazel Chaz
01-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually it makes a world of a difference, if we can get an estimate of how many more people AnimeLA can take it will help us decide if its worth it to try. Maybe thereís 200+ space left, optimistically, then hell yes I will take my chances and go down there to try. However if there was only five spaces left, then Iíll stay home and plan for expo. :D

There is room for about 200 more people (in addition to those who have pre-registered).

And, following up to another message, regardless of why we decided to make a discount available to students who PRE-REGISTER, there is no discount available at the door.

Chaz

Anele
01-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Two hundred... that's not that bad. But I still just want to make sure that you received my email, Mr. Chaz.

Eveil
01-24-2005, 06:13 PM
And, following up to another message, regardless of why we decided to make a discount available to students who PRE-REGISTER, there is no discount available at the door.

I don't care about the discount anymore, I just don't like how you worded that paragraph. And why you need to CAPITALIZE "pre-register", like there's something behind it...?

Hazel Chaz
01-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I don't care about the discount anymore, I just don't like how you worded that paragraph. And why you need to CAPITALIZE "pre-register", like there's something behind it...?

To emphasize that the student discount was for PRE-REGISTERING and not for AT-THE-DOOR memberships.

Eveil
01-24-2005, 07:41 PM
To emphasize that the student discount was for PRE-REGISTERING and not for AT-THE-DOOR memberships.

Yes, I already know that. I read the site, I read all your replies on the topic.
But on the topic: It sounds like you're insluting the rest of us.

Rogue Marvel
01-24-2005, 08:29 PM
oh be nice...Hazel has been trying his best to keep us happy

I don't think it sounds like he is insulting anybody

I think he's been doing a good job and I look forward to this weekend ^_^

starlet_flower
01-24-2005, 08:50 PM
oh be nice...Hazel has been trying his best to keep us happy

I don't think it sounds like he is insulting anybody

I think he's been doing a good job and I look forward to this weekend ^_^

totally agree with you there. he's been giving it his all. least we can do is appreciate it. i, too, am excited for the weekend to come.

Sana-chan
01-24-2005, 08:58 PM
It just seems that those that didn't pre-register are being punished for having a life and not putting conventions first, and honestly... people shouldn't put conventions over their work or school. But what do I know. 200 seems okay... I'm sure we'll be able to get our badges and everyone will have a good time ^_^.

Marychan
01-24-2005, 09:04 PM
Yippe, thank you Hazel Chaz for the info. I will indeed take my chances and will arrive eight a.m. sharp to register, even though the registration doesn't open till ten a.m. right?

ChibiHiku
01-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sana-Chan

It just seems that those that didn't pre-register are being punished for having a life and not putting conventions first, and honestly... people shouldn't put conventions over their work or school. But what do I know. 200 seems okay... I'm sure we'll be able to get our badges and everyone will have a good time ^_^.

Ditto to that.

Hazel Chaz
01-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Yippe, thank you Hazel Chaz for the info. I will indeed take my chances and will arrive eight a.m. sharp to register, even though the registration doesn't open till ten a.m. right?

8:00 Friday morning? Great, you can help us set up!

Chaz

Anele
01-24-2005, 10:32 PM
It's not like pre-registration only happened for a week, you guys, c'mon. o_O It was even extended at one point. Yes, there were some people who were unable to register, but that's how it is with a lot of conventions (let's not get into comparisons here): you pre-register, you save a few bucks. That's how it works. Unfortunately, not everyone can get in on it. I understand that. That's just the way the ball bounces. No offense to anyone. Let's all just try to have fun this weekend, okay? ^_^

Rogue Marvel
01-24-2005, 10:50 PM
another reason you prereg is so you can get into the con so you don't have to worry about this kind of stuff.

I mean 200 is still alot of room...no worries

Sometimes you don't know whats going to happin, but everything almost always works out

Hazel Chaz
01-24-2005, 11:05 PM
It's not like pre-registration only happened for a week, you guys, c'mon. o_O It was even extended at one point.

That's right, I'd forgotten about that. We'd originally planned on cutting it off on the first of the year.

We'll probably split the difference and cut off pre-reg 3 weeks out next time...

NEXT YEAR: as soon as we announce the rate for next year, you can go ahead and pre-register. (There will be no cheaper rate than the first rate we announce.) If your plans change, your membership is transferable -- you can sell it to someone else. You're going to like some of next year's guests of honor...

It just seems that those that didn't pre-register are being punished for having a life and not putting conventions first, and honestly... people shouldn't put conventions over their work or school.

You want to talk about having a life? Let's have a quiet conversation, you and me, during the convention. I'll tell you what's been going on in my life for the past year besides Anime Los Angeles. It'll curl your hair...

The convention "office" will be located at a table out in the garden during the day, right where you can find me anytime you like. You can buy a t-shirt or a silly ribbon from me, or you can come and try and chew me out for how I planned this convention and what you'd like to do if you were going to run a convention your way. (Or come to the gripe session after closing ceremonies and do it there.)

Jaina Solo
01-25-2005, 12:17 AM
Alright. Not trying to play moderator here, but seriously, let's take a breather here for a second. Hazel Chaz--I'm one of your biggest supporters here, and you've been really positive even with all the criticism. I can imagine having to run a con and a life will cause a few grey hairs, and approaching the date, you're probably going bald too. But even you are starting to get a little snippy now, and it's only going to make the angry people even angrier. I say just answer the serious questions, and let the people who are still angry fume to themselves. It's not worth getting everyone (including the peeps who think you've done a great job) in a dizzy.

As for the people who are still upset over the cap, I understand, but 200 more spaces means there's still a pretty good chance for getting registered. I mean, I'm not too sure if Hazel Chaz has announced the cap on the site, but if not, that means only the people on Cosplay.com know about it. Which means they're more likely to get there early and get registered before the rest of the public has a chance. So the odds are in everyone at Cosplay.com's favor of getting registered first.

Chaz, keep up the great work, and try not to let your brain get fried before Friday, LoL. As for those who think some of us don't have a life outside of anime conventions: I show horses, and I had to skip the Whittier Lions All Arabian Horse Show to go to this. That's why I had to plan my schedule around Anime LA two months in advance. I honestly can't wait to have a great time, and I look forward to meeting some of you!

Eveil
01-25-2005, 12:22 AM
You want to talk about having a life? Let's have a quiet conversation, you and me, during the convention. I'll tell you what's been going on in my life for the past year besides Anime Los Angeles. It'll curl your hair...

X_x;;

As for those who think some of us don't have a life outside of anime conventions: I show horses, and I had to skip the Whittier Lions All Arabian Horse Show to go to this. That's why I had to plan my schedule around Anime LA two months in advance.

Is that like a 9-5 gig?

Sana-chan
01-25-2005, 12:27 AM

The convention "office" will be located at a table out in the garden during the day, right where you can find me anytime you like. You can buy a t-shirt or a silly ribbon from me, or you can come and try and chew me out for how I planned this convention and what you'd like to do if you were going to run a convention your way. (Or come to the gripe session after closing ceremonies and do it there.)

Um... ok? I wasn't attacking you or trying to be snarky. Nor do I have any intentions on "chewing you out". No need to reply all nasty. I was just stating my opinion. Yes, there was plenty of time for people to pre-reg if they had known about it or were able to. I was just saying that it generally seems like people that fall under those categories are being punished. That's all. And if I'm reading it wrong then I apologize.

Jaina Solo
01-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Is that like a 9-5 gig?
Pretty much. I've been having to get ready for the biggest Arabian Show in the country in Scottsdale, AZ, and I've been to the ranch 5 days a week non-stop since November. Showing horses is a lot of work, and very time consuming. If anything, I don't have a life outside of horses. I've already made sure I'm not attending any horse shows the weekend of AX. Two years ago I had to skip ComiCon so I could go to Nationals. It seems that horse shows and anime conventions like to fall on the same dates... *sigh*

Christophe
01-25-2005, 12:43 AM
One thing I am a little annoyed by is that the registration cap wasn't made an issue until pre-reg was closed. Had I known there would be a possibility of a cut off and being turned away at the door, I probably would have pre-regged. I had to make a decision of spending $30 which I would have had to borrow, or $40 later. That little bit of warning would have made a world of a difference.

Granted, pre-reg numbers weren't known till it closed, but other cons, even in their first year such as Yaoi-Con made it clear months in advance that there was an overall attendance cap of 800 and I preregged for that con in light of that. For Yaoi Con we were given a solid number and warning in advance, but no such warning was given for Anime LA until pre-reg was closed.

I live 500 miles away and will most likely be taking a LONG ride on a Grayhound bus there. Its a big risk, and I really hope things turn out and the trip will not be unduly stressful because of issues such as this. ; . ; ::stressed out::

Okitasan
01-25-2005, 12:47 AM
One thing I am a little annoyed by is that the registration cap wasn't made an issue until pre-reg was closed. Had I known there would be a possibility of a cut off and being turned away at the door, I probably would have pre-regged. I had to make a decision of spending $30 which I would have had to borrow, or $40 later. That little bit of warning would have made a world of a difference.

Definetely agree.

I hope everything will work out ok with everybody.

Sana-chan
01-25-2005, 12:49 AM

Granted, pre-reg numbers weren't known till it closed, but other cons, even in their first year such as Yaoi-Con made it clear months in advance that there was an overall attendance cap of 800 and I preregged for that con in light of that. For Yaoi Con we were given a solid number and warning in advance, but no such warning was given for Anime LA until pre-reg was closed.

I live 500 miles away and will most likely be taking a LONG ride on a Grayhound bus there. Its a big risk, and I really hope things turn out and the trip will not be unduly stressful because of issues such as this. ; . ; ::stressed out::

Amen. I think that's the main problem here. But I'm still optimistic that we'll be able to register and still enjoy the con ^_^.

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Pretty much. I've been having to get ready for the biggest Arabian Show in the country in Scottsdale, AZ, and I've been to the ranch 5 days a week non-stop since November. Showing horses is a lot of work, and very time consuming. If anything, I don't have a life outside of horses. I've already made sure I'm not attending any horse shows the weekend of AX. Two years ago I had to skip ComiCon so I could go to Nationals. It seems that horse shows and anime conventions like to fall on the same dates... *sigh*

Well, I tried to make Anime Los Angeles fall on a non-holiday weekend, just to avoid conflicts with other events... But let me tell you a little story I found interesting. I've purchased some silly ribbons (I have some lovely ribbons that say "anime otaku", for example) and I've just received our order of ribbons for the convention, from a little ribbon and awards company in Tucson, Arizona. This little company usually does award ribbons for horse shows and dogs shows; there's a good chance that you've seen their work, if you travel the horse show circuit.

Last summer, my order of frivolous ribbons was delayed, because they were working on a big order of horse ribbons. Great big old-fashioned style rosettes made from the 6"-wide ribbon. Beautiful things, but they had to make 300 of these... for about the most prestigious customer I could imagine a little ribbon company might ever get. Want a hint? The event wasn't here in the states, and doesn't happen every year or in the same place every time.

Want another hint? Think Athens... Yes, the tiny little outfit in Tucson had the contract for the award ribbons for all the equestrian events at this year's Olympics. Whew! I told them I didn't mind if my ribbons came a little late...

You and me both. Let me explain... Typically, most of the conventions in California that I've been involved with follow the pattern of total membership = 2x pre-reg total. Sometimes a first-run anime convention's total will be triple instead of double. And I knew that the space we had (as we had it apportioned) would be fine for up to a 400 member convention. I was expecting 200 to 400 total; if we got 200, I'd take the loss and there'd never be a second year and I'd put off buying a new car a few more years. (The beat-up truck I drive has 210,000 miles on it, but is still going along strong. May the gods grant it continue to do so.)

Okay, so this means that if we can get a hundred pre-registered members, we'll probably have 200 or 300 people total on site. If we get 150 pre-reg, we're probably looking at 300 to 450 total. Got a feel for how the numbers work?

I go to Ani-Magic. I host a con suite of sorts -- a day-time open party. Nobody joins.

I go to Yaoi-Con. I host a day party again, although I didn't handle it as well as I should have. Nobody joins.

Thanksgiving comes and goes. It's two weeks before Christmas, and we have 12 pre-registered members, and my treasurer is making snarky remarks.

Christmas comes and goes. We still haven't hit the 100 mark. We agree to extend the pre-reg deadline to mid-January. I'm biting my nails, because I'm looking at the $2500 I've already put into the project evaporating into the hotel bill that's going to materialize on 26 January. (That's right, we have to pay the hotel BEFORE the convention opens.)

Then boom. A week into January, our pre-reg finally hits 100. Good. Looks like we'll have 100 and change -- Hazel-rah (not me) is estimating we'll get 120 pre-reg. That would mean between 240 and 360 on site.

A week later, pre-reg is almost closed, and we've passed the 200 mark. Now we're starting to be a little concerned about my vision of a "200 to 400 person convention" going the way of the dodo. We're talking Thursday before pre-reg closed, folks -- last-minute stuff.

Pre-reg closes, officially, on Saturday. Sunday I go down to the po box, and Tuesday I go again (to look for things that were mailed on time). By the time the dust settles, we have over 250 pre-registered members, closing on on 275.

Holy crap. What are we going to do? The realization that doubling our pre-reg could break our hotel slowly sinks in. We can't fit 550 people into the space we have, let alone triple our pre-reg. We look at how we can rearrange things. We boot the dealers out of the ballroom, and move them into hotel rooms on our main corridor. That increases our seating capacity for the live programs and the main events by 50%; that helps a lot. (And it turns out that I thought it raised our seating to 300; it actually raises our seating to 400.) But in addition to shuffling things around, we realize that we have to announce the membership cap -- that for fire safety, to deal with the fact that our estimated attendance doubled in a week's time we have to tell people that we might be turning people away when the place fills up.

Now, this has happened to conventions before. Anime Boston had to cut off memberships after they passed the 3,000 mark in their first year. The difference is that here, we know it's going to happen -- we don't have to be taken by surprise the way A.B. was.

We're still surprised that the whole thing went down as quickly as it did. If we'd known at Thanksgiving that we were looking at a 500+ crowd, we could have obtained more space from the hotel. But we were trying to get out of the single-digits and into the high teens back then, so the hotel booked another group in. So... you and me both. I could have used some warning, too.

I was just saying that it generally seems like people that fall under those categories are being punished.

I apologize for my tone. I was intemperate, and snippy, and shouldn't have gone on like that.

It's not that people who can't pre-register are being punished -- it's just that those who can pre-register are being rewarded. And we thought a student discount would be a nifty gimmick; and I wanted to know how many of our members were in school and which schools, and this was a good way to find out.

Jaina Solo
01-25-2005, 01:42 AM
LoL, Hazel Chaz... If someone could've predicted that, well... Do they see a National Championship in my future?! XD Anywho, congrats on the number of attendees you managed to accumulate, Chaz. And great job shuffling everything around to accomodate the surprising number of people. Looks like it's going to be a fun weekend!

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2005, 02:15 AM
LoL, Hazel Chaz... If someone could've predicted that, well... Do they see a National Championship in my future?! XD Anywho, congrats on the number of attendees you managed to accumulate, Chaz. And great job shuffling everything around to accomodate the surprising number of people. Looks like it's going to be a fun weekend!

Yeah, it's going to be a blast. I'm looking forward to it -- there are so many people who are excited and expecting to have a good time that the energy level is going to be fantastic... that's why I decided to move my "office" outside where I could watch everyone cavort in the sunshine.

And I'm feeling really mellow about it, so I'm going to make a cosplay.com-only offer to you guys. If you're super paranoid about not being able to join at the door, for a mere $2 handling fee I'll run your at-con membership for you ahead of time. You have to do these three things: (1) Use paypal.com to send me either $22, $27 or $42, at the e-mail address cookiesforlj@bostonbaden.com -- and do it by Wednesday night, which is when I'll be checking my e-mail last before the convention. (2) Send me e-mail telling me your real name, the name on your badge that you answer to (if it's not your real name), and your address, and whether you want Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Full. I'll run off your badge when we set up Registration, and park it in my room. (3) Pick a ribbon. I'll send you e-mail with a list of choices. You'll get one of my silly ribbons (such as "anime otaku" or "FAN BOY") for your badge. The $2 handling fee will be donated to the "cookiesforlj" postage fund, which is a project where various volunteers bake cookies to ship to the people that run www.livejournal.com as a free service. (Maybe someone should start a cookies-for-cosplay.com project?)

Karisu-sama
01-25-2005, 02:39 AM
I just think it's unfair since you limited pre-reg to only full weekend badges rather than including people going to one day.
It is pretty standard policy for conventions to sell day memberships only ON THAT DAY. After all, you'll BE there on that day, right? In fact, I've been going to cons for 26 years, but have yet to go to a convention where it was done otherwise, unless I was somehow completely oblivious. (Your mileage may vary.)

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2005, 02:46 AM
It is pretty standard policy for conventions to sell day memberships only ON THAT DAY. After all, you'll BE there on that day, right? In fact, I've been going to cons for 26 years, but have yet to go to a convention where it was done otherwise, unless I was somehow completely oblivious. (Your mileage may vary.)

We also priced things so that a one-day for Friday or Saturday wasn't any cheaper than the cheapest full pre-reg membership available (the student rate). I mention this because there's an excellent chance we'll do that again next year -- so if you KNOW you're attending for one day in 2006, you're better off pre-registering for a FULL membership a year ahead of time.

I can say with confidence that the first rate we announce for Anime Los Angeles 2 (which we'll start selling this weekend, on Saturday or Sunday) will be the lowest rate available; there will not be any discount available off of that rate, and the Friday & Saturday one-days will not be cheaper. (And I'll send a press release into the cosplay.com announcement people -- anyone know that e-mail address of the top of their heads?)

Jaina Solo
01-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Pick a ribbon. I'll send you e-mail with a list of choices. You'll get one of my silly ribbons (such as "anime otaku" or "FAN BOY") for your badge.
Do the rest of us get a silly ribbon too!? :D

Marychan
01-25-2005, 02:45 PM
8:00 Friday morning? Great, you can help us set up!

Chaz

I would love to help but I have school on Friday, I meant Saturaday morning. I hope there will still be space left by then. Good luck on Friday Hazel Chaz.

Too bad I don't have a credit card so I can't do paypal, but that is my problem. Crossess my finger and hope I can make it on Sat. ^_^

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Do the rest of us get a silly ribbon too!? :D

They'll be available. My "office" -- the table out between place #1 and place #2 -- will be where you can buy the convention t-shirt ($20, $25 for 2XL-4XL) and I'll have a bewildering variety of silly ribbons (a dollar each, $5 for six).

Gainax Boy
01-25-2005, 04:52 PM
YAY!! Silly Ribons *Dances with Jaina*

Karisu-sama
01-25-2005, 05:47 PM
I want my "pretty boy" and "gender outlaw" ribbons!! :p

PikminLink
01-25-2005, 07:14 PM

XD thats great! i want a pretty boy ribbon ^^

im gonna come by and check the stuff out, i want a ribbon.

Jaina Solo
01-26-2005, 12:34 AM
*Dances with Gainax Boy*

Pretty boy sounds good! XD Why are all the women here dressing like men!? Sorry, guys--from the looks of it, we're going to have quite a few chest-bound ladies... *Thumbs up for chest-binding*

Neo_Serenity
01-26-2005, 01:10 AM
*comes to dance with Jaina and Gainax* I want to get a ribbon too! Can't wait to see what there is to pick from. ^^

Hazel Chaz
01-26-2005, 02:01 AM

I just got another hundred of the fancy "Pretty Boy" ribbons in. The ultimate gender-bender would be "Gender Outlaw," "Pretty Boy", "Beefcake", and "Cheesecake..." I've seen someone with three of those once before...

Kokuu
01-26-2005, 02:06 AM
Add me to the "pretty boy" bound-chest ladies club... XD