PDA

View Full Version : Ever made a Chobits costume?

evil_dramaqueen
01-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Has anyone ever made a costume from Chobits? Two friends and I are planning to go as Chii, Dark Chii and Sumomo for Anime North. Has anyone ever created these costumes before? I will end up doing most of the work for all three probably (the other two just cant sew XD) and either like...drafting the patterns myself or modifying patterns (my grandmother is going to kill me. O_O) I was hoping to see some other cosplays, just to see whats been done before.

And to any artists out there on the SLIM chance that you have done this...have you ever re-drawn these two costumes? (In the attachment) I would LOVE to see anyone's interpritation of them. Its harder because they are sideways and I dont know to well what the front would look like...I have an idea but any other suggestions would be MUCH appreciated ^_^

Frock Tart
01-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Well I found this this (http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ssoh/cosplay/chobits%20-%20chii.jpg) pic on Google just typing in "chobits cosplay' and looking under "Images". In fact, it was th frist image on the page. I think that's the costumes you are looking for.

MemoriesofYuna
01-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Those two are amazing. they truely are. i look up to them beyond words. im doing sumomo soon as a practice costume and... your in luck. im an artist! i was origonally planing on doing these two between me and a friend a while back but it got chanceled. il draw up what i can for you. doing this dark chii is somewhat odd. lillyxandrea and hakura did a great interpitation of it with the back of her skirt. there somewhat difficuly for first timers though. il do what i can. -Aseret Yuna

evil_dramaqueen
01-22-2005, 09:10 PM
that would be amazing if you would do that. O_O My artistic ability comes and goes ^_~ its usually gone ^_^.

Yeah I know, I tend to do something all the way. This is going to be my first fullly made costume (by me anyways.) Come to think of it...maybe this wasnt such a good idea XD haha. I still want to do it, if I can find the money for the material, at least I only have to pay for one. And hopefully I can get some commisions soon and earn a bit.

MemoriesofYuna
01-22-2005, 10:04 PM
^^ i work fast! i drew up the chii design. my scaner isnt exactly likeing me at the moment so i took picturees. il scan it later. ok my notes are hard to read so il type them up. but if you go to lillyxandrea and hakura's site www.fireflypath.com i believe they have some production notes on it. like they made theires out of tafeta (hard to work with because it loves to fray BUT is pretty stiff and has a nice look to it) and theirs are simply beautiful.

my notes are that they made theirs as a top and skirt but to me it looks more like a dress. i drew it more dressish in my interpitation. the ribbon on her back is also the ribon on her choker it threads up and is tied. the bottom looks like some sheer laceish thing. cans tasy for sure what it is. it's box pleated with alot of frills and studs. she has wings painted onto her back and dark chii has bat wings. it looks very poofey in the shot but that provably wont happen in real life im not sure if tafeta poofs when pleated. i find that it takes alot of ironing to make something not poof. and it looks like she used a pettie coaat due to the poof but in the shot you can clearly see way to high up her thigh and that there is no peticoat (or enderpants for that matter) involved. it doesnt look insanely hard just a bit difficult for beginsers and please to GOD DO NOT MAKE IT OUT OF SATIN! i have seen about 6 of the same costume made out of satin and it looks horrible every time. ive only seen it done nicely once. hope this helps! il sketch up dark chii later! -Aseret Yuna

Hilary
01-22-2005, 10:44 PM
I did Freya's (dark Chii's) very first costume we see her in the series for a commission. I put on the costume and pranced around in it for some photos, which you can see in my gallery. I reinterpreted the skirt design quite a bit, because a big padded heart thing would look silly in real life. I also didn't do those freaking elaborate boots and thigh highs. But the bodice is very accurate, so if you'd like, take a peek! If you need, I'd be happy to post some sketches too. I'll try to get them soon. I've done three Chi costumes total, but the most recent Freya one is the only one I really think that is worth noting.
Also, check out my friend Ali's gallery, as she's done the flamenco red and blue dresses. They're purty.

Pink Bunnie
01-22-2005, 11:58 PM
Search for the resin statues of that design online. Chii's dress goes straight across the top like any other top while Freya's is slit all the way down the front to the waist.

Lee Kushrenada
01-23-2005, 01:13 AM
well no but right now I'm making some chii ear's XD

Tess
01-23-2005, 03:10 AM
I've done a Freya, but not of the style that you've chosen. My friend and I constructed a Sumomo costume for her, heavily borrowing from some of the gypsy/harem patterns available. Pictures are in my gallery, or you can check Mistress Aine's gallery.

@-->--- Tess

Mistress_Aine
01-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah, as Tess said, I wore a sumomo costume that me and her made to otakon. You can take a look. We used alot of manga references and a handful of anime references. Take a look.
Sumomo Gallery (http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=12061&userid=25113)

Kate-chan
01-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Working on Christmas Chii right now.....*sigh* my parents still don't think I can sew so I might not finish it anytime soon. :waaah:

Chii.ai
04-09-2005, 08:47 AM
see my avatar....I want to hire someone....the one who made these dresses to make them again....for me...custom fit....please *beggs on hands and knees*

Clueless Case
04-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Um...First off...you're avatar needs to be taken down. You cant use other cosplay images as it. If you read the tthread, you would of know that they made it themselves. And begging is a bit degrading.

OtakuLuLu
04-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Im currently making a chi. I make all chi's and freya's costumes >.<. Rite now im working on chi's bakery outfit! And ive made a kotoko for my friend. If you want to see whose done that cosplay, theres these 2 girls named lillyxandra, and hakura whove done a really good job with it! their members on this page i believe.

o, and i dont want to be a nag or anything, but why do you call them dark chi and white chi? their names are chi and freya. Theres nothing really dark about freya, only that she wears dark cloths.

OtakuLuLu
04-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Chi.ai: yes take down your avatar. ( lillyxandra and hakura ) They were made by them. Please dont assume that a good costume wasnt made by that person, its just rude. ahhh > getting off topic< SORRY ADMIN!

YukiPhnx
04-10-2005, 07:13 PM
it's elga and freya i believe. cuz chi isn't her real name.

Kikei
04-10-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm actually doing that light Chii costume for Anime Boston this year. It took me probably 50+ hours, and a crapload of satin.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't get you the pattern numbers or anything... but I know I used two patterns from Simplicity. For the top of the costume, I used the bodice part of a wedding dress, modifying the bottom half of the sleeves and the back so it laces up. For the bottom, I used a pattern for a cheerleading skirt, and I just used large squares of satin for the two long panels in the back.

Nezumi's Cosplay Shoppe has a nice version that I used as a reference for areas in the photo that I couldn't make out.

http://www.geocities.com/cosplaymouse/catalog/chobits_chii_light.html

(NOTE: I made mine for a LOT less than $650... the entire costume, including the wig and accessories, probably cost between $250-300)

Clueless Case
04-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Well Nezumi also charges for labor so that's probably where the extra money comes from. And maybe she used more expensive materials. Ne who, I got my offical chi ears and beads from rinkya. They're soo beautiful....T.T I paid 60 for the lot. THe auction was at like 40 and 20 for shipping.

(SiN)
04-11-2005, 02:44 AM
too bad there arent many male chobits out there. i've got a zima/ jima cosplay in my gallery if anyone wants to see. the fun part is making those things for the ears. i've helped a couple female chobit cosplayers make theirs.

OtakuLuLu
04-11-2005, 06:45 PM
it's elga and freya i believe. cuz chi isn't her real name.

Correction: Its *Elda and Freya. Elda's name changed once she got restarted and had a new owner (heideki) and he named her "chi". So yes, her name is chi, its her real name. "Elda" was her former name. ( which no one calls her by now)
XD sorry for nagging, im a chobits freak and want everyone to understand!

HidekiDouble
04-24-2005, 06:18 AM
Wow that costume is really sweet! I wish I could wear it, but I can't (because I'm a guy!). But I was wondering, how do you make the ears? They look pretty good. Making a wig with longer hair might be nice. How long did it take to make it, cause to me it looks like you took a long time :). And if you were to put a price on it how much would it be? I mean how did you create those two costumes, and what was occasion was it originally made for? Sorry to ask so many questions, I just love it!

ichigomewmew14
04-24-2005, 08:49 AM
I eventually plan on making an Elda costume

Jinyo
04-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Wow that costume is really sweet! I wish I could wear it, but I can't (because I'm a guy!). That's no reason not to wear it if you really want to... There is a "Crossplay" forum here for a reason, you know!

Rikal
09-08-2005, 02:11 AM
My girl and I cosplayed as Zima and Freya. Check it out in my gallery.

Princess_Moon
09-08-2005, 03:37 AM
I cosplay as chii, theres some pics in my gallary, hope to get more soon.^^

AnimeAngel
09-08-2005, 06:09 AM
I cosplayed as Christmas Chii and a pink Chii version. Be prepared for a TON of work. My Pink Chii costume took over 30 hours. Most of it was dedicated to ruffles x.X And a word of advice... I wanted to be accurate and bought a 5 foot wig... go with a shorter much nice quality ^^;;;