PDA

View Full Version : Black cosplayerS!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84

!*Jessi-Chan*!
12-30-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm beginning how many of us there really is! Sound off if you're black!!!! WHOO!!!!! ME!!!!!!

Black Cosplayers Thread
10000 Posts
November 14, 2007
Page 667
7:04 PM

Update - February 25, 2008 - Monday

Wow. This thread has sure grown since the beginning of 2003 (i'm so lame, i started this thread on New Years Eve instead of somewhere partying my butt off. Well, that's what i get for being 14.)I've learned a lot about myself and cosplay through this thread and I thank it. This thread has opened the eyes of many people - both African American + other minorities and majorities -. I'm very happy i was 'brave' and 'bold' enough to start this. And, its continuing to grow! 5 years in and this thread has gained lots of new people and new friends. So i raise my glass to the Black Cosplayers thread.

Now, dont be afraid to come in and introduce yourself. I know the amount of posts and pages may be a bit overwhelming, but we're cool people :)

UPDATE: October 19, 2008 - Sunday

Lurkers and everyone alike, no segregation going on here. EVERYONE is welcome to post. We encourage IT! We're here to help, talk about cosplay, plan meetings at cons, etc. Its your basic, seeking cosplayers thread.
LURKERS YOU'RE WELCOME TOO.

Update: December 27, 2008 - Saturday

New "feature" i'm trying out. Weekly Questions!
Week 1. How did you get into cosplay?
Week 2. What is your favorite/least favorite convention and why?
Week 3. What is your main pet peeve for cosplay and/or conventions? Life?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
12-30-2002, 10:38 PM
*beginning to wonder...typo...

Ranma Saotome
12-31-2002, 01:36 AM
I actually pondered to make this thread. But I'm a cosplaya. :D

Adella
12-31-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by !*Jessi-Chan*!
*beginning to wonder...typo...

There is an edit button dear. ^^

Ukayoru no Chou
12-31-2002, 03:50 AM
*laughs at Aeris comment- * All hail the power of edit. - Anyways

I am, but im reallly light skinned ^_^;;;;

Adella
12-31-2002, 04:58 AM
Studmaster is black. ::looks around for him:: I have requested he hang with me and Kitty as Barrett.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
12-31-2002, 05:16 PM
oops......saw no edit button......my bad

Studmaster
12-31-2002, 05:45 PM
It's alright Jess. Just remember to use it next time. ^_^

And yup I am Black, I would've said something earlier, but Aerith beat me to it.

PretearWink
12-31-2002, 05:57 PM
He's not here at cosplay.com, but a friend of mine (Greg) is black and he played a fantastic Kiros at the ffball at awa8 ^_^

KaineMaxwell
12-31-2002, 05:59 PM
Who knew...

Ranma Saotome
12-31-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Aeris
Studmaster is black. ::looks around for him:: I have requested he hang with me and Kitty as Barrett.

I thought I was gonna be Barrett... :(

KaineMaxwell
12-31-2002, 07:20 PM
Hope you got a good potty mouth for it...

Ranma Saotome
12-31-2002, 08:13 PM
Like hell I $%^&*#@ do, ^%$^&*@#$@!%!!!!!! :D

Mako-san
12-31-2002, 08:19 PM
mmm I was thinking there would be more....
however I'm African -American!! more specific Biracial, African-American and Cacuasian-American.

Radical Urd
12-31-2002, 08:21 PM
WAHHH Me! I'm jamacian and Italian, and other stuff. Plan on doing every Dark-skinned anime chara alive in cosplay! Its my dream!!

Coffin
12-31-2002, 08:36 PM
im black and native american(really native american 1/2) and i dont wanna cosplay cause most of the black & native americans r stereotypical, or dumb,or they are the villan, or of course(my fav) killed off like wusses; and though insane, i have some respect for myself; example,

galuda from powerstone; barret from ff7(is he supposed to be gary coleman fused with mr. T?) so let me know if u find any one respectable...bi lao.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
12-31-2002, 09:34 PM
i'm just plain black. Atleast i am with the realllll near family. We have some REAL lt. skinned people and some real dark ones in our family. So, we have a wide range. My lil cuzes are half-albinos[there's three of the lil monsters....i mean angels] I'm medium skinned...or i could say i'm lt, but not too lt. As with having other races blended in.....i don't know....we may..somewhere. I think we may have caucasion down the line. far down though...As for cosplaying all the dark skinned peeps....nah...i'm more of the the 'THAT IS SUCHA CUTE COSTUME!!!! MUST MAKE! AND IT'S SHORT! YAY FOR SHORTNESS!!!' kind of cosplayer. I will make all the cute costumes...my MAIN cosplaying goal is to make all the CCS costumes! All are cute....my 1st costume will be a Sakura costume *beams*

twentystitches
12-31-2002, 09:43 PM
^^;; I'm also black, not really very specific in what kind of black. Just plain old African-American

When ever I have the time I plan on doing some dark skinned characters. Probably Caldina(MKR) first, since she rocks! Haha. But most of my favorite characters(and jrockers!) are light skinned, since there isn't a whole, whole, lot of dark skinned anime characters. So I'll just be the black version of them ^_~. Bwhahahaha!

Rey-Rey
12-31-2002, 09:49 PM
Look at my darkness. >=D

Woof. >=D 2Kay3. >=D

Radical Urd
01-01-2003, 12:09 AM
I didn't mean that every chara I do is Dark-skinned, just like1 out of 3 yea thats it. think theres quite a bit, Anthy, Edward, Urd, Elena, Fawn, Kei, Merle, Mihoshi, Aisha Clan Clan, Salor Lead Crow, Pirotess, Nanvel, Areshes Nei, Tracy, Kiddy Phenil, Mii, Pink, Sara, Pony, Shayla-Shayla, Caska, Feb....Now these are my ideas YOU CAN"T HAVE THEM COPYRIGHT BABY!!!!!!!!

SoulCrash
01-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Does being tan, and living in chicago count as being black?

Shinobu
01-01-2003, 12:33 AM
..Im not black but my best friend, who may be cosplaying this year is. ^^ DJ Ranma makes a better Ranma then most of the men Ive seen around, and call me an airhead but I forget about people's races. (if I like or respect em that is)
My older family members are racist on my moms side, but my dad is nice to everyone so I really never got taught to dislike anyone... Steriotypes are very bad, and anyone can cosplay anyone they want to, even if they don't look it. It may not come out looking 100%, but it's your costume that should matter, and your attitude. No one should be made fun of for their physical appearence, since no one looks exaclty like any anime character.... love and peace is my thing~~

Ranma Saotome
01-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Urd if you do Arshes Nei, I'll worship you for life! :D

Aww Shinobu... *huggles* Thank you! :)

SoulCrash, it's good enough for me! ;)

Coffin
01-05-2003, 03:55 AM
oi... my filipino(philipino?) friends says that their technically black...is this true?

i believe them for two reasons: 1) we live in the freakin' suburbs

and 2) these grown men and women are well over 40! so, even though i really do believe them i would love to have some clarity from an "outside" source.

Romann
01-07-2003, 01:28 AM
I'm a black cosplayer...hoo-ha. Yes we are rare...like pink rabbits... dont ask me where that came from...

Lol @ fatihsdemon Yes we'll be the alternate type of character for cosplay

3-D
01-07-2003, 05:09 AM
DYYYYY NOOOO MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE COSPLAY! :D

Ranma Saotome
01-07-2003, 10:16 AM
Yo Coffin, isn't that one of the Harlem Globetrotters in your av? :D

Anime_kidd2k2
01-07-2003, 05:02 PM
no its a dude from sealab2021 on adult swim on cartoon network on sunday :P i saw it a couple times....funny...alot....^_^ and yes, although i dont hav any of the mangas or dvds or anythin, dj ranma s does make an EXTREMELY good ranma.....^_^

Mako-san
01-07-2003, 07:00 PM
I agree!! DJ Ranma makes a great Ranma!!!!

I don't know Coffin.. If they want to be classified as Black then they can!

Ranma Saotome
01-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Thanks Anime_kidd2k2, Mako-san! :D *blushes* I try! *hugs and kisses Mako-san* See you at Katsucon soon! :)

Mako-san
01-09-2003, 05:38 PM
YAY Ranma!! I can't wait!

Ranma Saotome
01-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Make that 2 of us babe! :)

Cyber Wolf
01-11-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Shinobu
DJ Ranma makes a better Ranma then most of the men Ive seen around, and call me an airhead but I forget about people's races. (if I like or respect em that is)

I wouldn't call you an airhead, I'd call you wise. ^^ As for cosplaying dark-skinned characters, I'd have to like them. But for Nadia I thought I could pull it off pretty well so I did. Nver doin' that again XP

Ranma Saotome
01-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Cyber Wolf
But for Nadia I thought I could pull it off pretty well so I did. Nver doin' that again XP

You did? When?

Cyber Wolf
01-11-2003, 04:26 PM
AXNY 2002. You stared right at me too with a thoughtful look on your face. You may not remember that, but *wiggles eyebrows* I do. I have a pic in my gallery btw.

Ranma Saotome
01-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Oro.... I don't think I remember that. Lemme go check the gallery. ^^;

Cyber Wolf
01-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Heh heh, come to think of it, you freaked me out... ~_~*crawls away* lol

Ranma Saotome
01-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Okay I checked it... And my memory is literally shot to shit, cuz I don't remember you at all. Gomen. :(

Cyber Wolf
01-11-2003, 04:35 PM
No worries, I don't expect you too with all the people making you stand in that one spot in the hall for quite a bit, snapping pictures of you with what I think were other cosplay.com members ^^

Ranma Saotome
01-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Heh heh, come to think of it, you freaked me out... ~_~*crawls away* lol

And how the heck did I do that? ^^;;;;;;;

Cyber Wolf
01-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Well, you had your glasses on and the glare made it look like you were glaring at me. I was quite scared ^^;;;;

Ranma Saotome
01-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Well, you had your glasses on and the glare made it look like you were glaring at me. I was quite scared ^^;;;;

Gomen! ^_^;;

Cyber Wolf
01-11-2003, 06:18 PM
That's okay. Actually I sorta wanted to apologize to someone I think is on this board. It was the female Ranma with you and I sorta took her picture as she passed by without asking and she looked pretty mad ^^;;;;;; So, we're even *scratches head* *sweatdrop*

Ranma Saotome
01-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Oh yeah! Oshidori! ^__^ She's not on this board, but I'll see to it that she gets this. :)

Ranma Saotome
01-12-2003, 04:10 AM
Scratch that. After I sent her this thread she joined! ^^;

Oshidori
01-13-2003, 04:04 AM
That's okay. Actually I sorta wanted to apologize to someone I think is on this board. It was the female Ranma with you and I sorta took her picture as she passed by without asking and she looked pretty mad ^^;;;;;; So, we're even *scratches head* *sweatdrop*

lol! gomen! it's a reflex! that was my first time cosplaying at a con, so i needed to adjust to the random picture taking. I tend to look pretty...erm...'interesting' in my day to day life, so people around the city tend to take pictures of me, and i don't trust tourists or photographers that take my pics without my permission first (it usually starts me screaming). So if i flashed you a dirty look i assure you it was out of habit and not because i was actually mad!! I'm much better now that i've established a 'con' mode :D

Cyber Wolf
01-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Ah... that reminds me, I have con pics to scan...:o

Cyber Wolf
01-14-2003, 10:01 PM
Scanned in and in my gallery! Go check it out... 8)

Oshidori
01-15-2003, 01:16 AM
HAHAHA! the back of me!! w00000t!

I swear, it's almost as if i didn't go to this con, the way it seems. EVERYONE i was with were in pics, and i've only seen one (well, now two) of me. And i can tell the group i was with had pics taken of them right before i got there or after I went somewhere else. Arg me :p

Cyber Wolf
01-15-2003, 08:25 AM
There's another one in there too, of you walking. That's when you shot the look and I ran ^^;;;

Ah, sweet memories :D

Ranma Saotome
01-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Oshidori
HAHAHA! the back of me!! w00000t!

I swear, it's almost as if i didn't go to this con, the way it seems. EVERYONE i was with were in pics, and i've only seen one (well, now two) of me. And i can tell the group i was with had pics taken of them right before i got there or after I went somewhere else. Arg me :p

Well damn Oshi, Girl-Type, you're already flying up the ranks. :D

residue
01-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Iím black, well half black anyways. Itís does become bit of a hassle when choosing a person to cosplay, I am often limited by a characterís skin color. i look Spanish\Arab in the summer and like a white guy with a tan in the winter. This year Iím gonna cosplay as barret from ff7, Sean from street fighter 3 and Pedro from excel saga. Here's what i look like http://chokeonyourself.homestead.com/files/dueman.jpg

Ranma Saotome
01-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by residue
Iím black, well half black anyways. Itís does become bit of a hassle when choosing a person to cosplay, I am often limited by a characterís skin color. i look Spanish\Arab in the summer and like a white guy with a tan in the winter. This year Iím gonna cosplay as barret from ff7, Sean from street fighter 3 and Pedro from excel saga. Here's what i look like http://chokeonyourself.homestead.com/files/dueman.jpg

Residue, don't let skin color limit your cosplaying. Never. Wow, looks like there's gonna be three Barret Wallaces on the East Coast con circuit now! :D

Studmaster
01-17-2003, 12:44 PM
For me, I don't see skin color as a limitation into what one should Cosplay. I know not everyone agrees, but none of us are perfect, flawless versions of the charcters we choose to dress as. So knowing that, I say that you shouldn't limit yourself because you're black or any other color. And besides there are other, more legit reasons not to cosplay a charcter.

Mako-san
01-18-2003, 01:49 PM
I totally agree Studmaster! You should cosplay for the love of it. To reach your potential and to most importantly have fun!! Never let a think like your skin color hold you back from cosplaying your favorite characters.

I understand you Residue! Most people name every other race, then I have to explain why I exsist.... Can't we just say We are Americans?!

Ranma Saotome
01-18-2003, 01:57 PM
When I was in boot camp, we weren't black, white, asian, or anything like that. We were green. You were either dark green or light green. It worked. ^^

Tetsugyu
01-20-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Residue, don't let skin color limit your cosplaying. Never. Wow, looks like there's gonna be three Barret Wallaces on the East Coast con circuit now! :D

Residue: Ranma is right. BTW you'd make a killer Berret! You have to think about one thing. Anime characters, though appear Anglo, are ment to be Japanese. Save many, but still. Point is that we as whatever skin, race, sex, creed ect don't say "Hey, I'm not like that so I won't cosplay that character." Crossplayers don't let it stop them. Though I wish it would for some of the dudes! (j/k) Do what you like. Don't let your skin color stop you. For instance...

My best friend, Nathan, is black and is a member of my cosplay group (link below). Unfortunatley he's moved out of state and can't be with us. He's has the perfect body shape for the character he plays; Taisou from Giant Robo. What's ironic is that I have the perfect body shape for Tetsugyu (see Icon), yet my complection is more fair than my hispanic blood will alow. Nate and I always say that if we could exchange skin colors, we'd be the perfect cosplayers for our characters, in the same way Aeris-chan (Adella) is the perfect Aeris and Dale is the perfect Rupan-sansei. There's my 2 cents.

John Booty
01-20-2003, 11:19 AM
As somebody who's obviously not black, I just wanna say that I think it's cool when I see a black cosplayer cosplaying somebody that's not black. I say, go for it.

Ranma Saotome
01-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by John Booty
As somebody who's obviously not black, I just wanna say that I think it's cool when I see a black cosplayer cosplaying somebody that's not black. I say, go for it.

Thank you! :) JB, it's words like that makes cosplaying more fun for me. :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-20-2003, 01:13 PM
yes! This thread is picking up! Skin color shouldn't matter! I cosplay what i want to and if someone has anything to say about..well.....that's them *keeps other comment to herself* I was searching some threads and people find it the upmost importantance to LOOK like your character. There's no way i can look like any character. MAYBE my hair, but that's about it. *and i have nappy hair o:o)*

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-20-2003, 01:13 PM
YAY! John Booty!!!!! We thank you!

Ranma Saotome
01-20-2003, 01:20 PM
*puts a hat on* Do not mention nappy hair! :D Hey, you'd better come to Animazement! :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
01-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm gonna be there with bells on! Ok....not literally, but.......ANYWAY! Hope to see ya there! Ya know, get a few pics and stuff! I'll be the one looking overly excited!

Ranma Saotome
01-20-2003, 01:28 PM
Hehehehe!!! :D

Kurai
06-27-2003, 02:28 AM
Eep, guess I'm a little late ne?

I'm also a dark-skinned cosplayer! Well, I'm Jamacian/Scottish/Japanese and some other stuff I'm sure. ^^

But yes, It shouldn't matter what your skin color is just cosplay! I like to cosplay dark skinned anime/manga/game characters because I try to go for characters I look like, and portraying the character very well. But hell, I've cosplay lighter skinned characters as well! Not to mention my love for BLUE skinned characters.. ^^ heh

Karisu-sama
06-27-2003, 02:44 AM
A thread's come back to life! GOOOO black / dark skinned cosplayers!! Cosplay anyone you want to!! :) I'll take pics! :) I have a little niece who is half African-American and half Chinese-American - I'm hoping that someday I can persuade her parents to let me corrupt her with cosplay.... :D

TsukiNoBara
06-27-2003, 04:32 AM
I know this topic has gone a little off, but I'm gonna go to back to the original post. I'm black too, so add another notch to your count. I like to try and look like the character I cosplay, but I don't want to be limited to just dark skinned characters. So if I want to cosplay someone, I'm going for it, black, white, yellow, blue, green, whatever, it doesn't matter.

PS.
Karisu> how old is your niece? She sounds cute. I hope you can get her to cosplay one day.

Karisu-sama
06-27-2003, 05:41 AM
My niece is now 4, and absolutely adorable. ^________^

Yes! I'd love to have her join us for cosplay! I'll have to explain what it is in great depth to her parents though; they are not Anime fans....

~~~~~~

Karisu-Dilandau wants to meet up with Noir Lumine-Allen Shezar sometime! Muahaha!! :D

Blackusagi
06-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Raises hand I'm black and dressed up as usagi in the high school uniform not upp in my gallery b/c i didn't make it :o

Giant Alucard
06-27-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm half Black and half white..... so I guess that would make me grey!!! LOL!!! I cosplay who I like and don't really pay any attention to the skin color!!! Props to anyone out there who does the same!! W00t.

Yumeko
06-27-2003, 09:21 PM
believe it or not, I'm black, but I am an albino and I really enjoy the fine art that is cosplayin....it gives me a chance to hide my unpressed hair under wigs LOL

BitterBeing
06-27-2003, 11:54 PM
I'm half black, and half white. Here, i get both sides of the racism. x_o oh well.

Romann
06-27-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
My niece is now 4, and absolutely adorable. ^________^

Yes! I'd love to have her join us for cosplay! I'll have to explain what it is in great depth to her parents though; they are not Anime fans....

~~~~~~

Karisu-Dilandau wants to meet up with Noir Lumine-Allen Shezar sometime! Muahaha!! :D

I hope her parents say yes ^^ Cosplay can become a hobby that is better than what some other kids get themselves into >.<

I'm definitely gonna be at AX in 04! I'm not retiring that costume anytime soon ,so we'll get losta pics! And hopefully I won't get slapped*hides thinking about how Dilandau slaps the dragonslayers around* lol

Now that I think about it, I haven't really done any dark-skinned characters. I usually like the character, than the outfit * sometimes the other way around* ^^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-28-2003, 12:07 AM
*Does the 'Her thread is BACK dance* WHOO! Never expected this one to ressurect! LOOK, i used to type in black! *gasp* ANYWAY, i'm still cosplaying whoever! lol! And even got my little sis and little cousin into it! *laughs eviliy* Yes, they're black. lol Amaya (some may have noticed her with me at AZ 03 if they went......) will be Manta (Shaman King) and Merle(Escaflowne)! My sis will be Rikku (FFX-2) and Anna(Shaman King)! I'M being Yoh(Shaman King, i',m actually CROSSplaying!) and Misty(Pokemon)! YAY 4 ME! Now...must see how orange wig will look on me......

To Karisu-sama: Your daughter actually inspired me to grab my little cousin and dress her as Merle! She's SO adorable! Both of your daughters are! lol

Karisu-sama
06-28-2003, 12:31 AM
Ooooooh, Jessi-chan, I'd love to see piccies of your little cousin as Merle! - And also pics of you and your little sis cosplaying too, of course! ^______^

BitterBeing - move to the SF bay Area - you'll get less crap from losers. ^^ "Mixed" people are all over the place here.

Noir Lumine - I don't think Dilandau hits Allen. He either fights him or says "Oniisamaaaa!"

Radical Urd
06-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Hex Yeah! Black powa! No no I'm not in the black panthers! But anywho this thread is old, so old i thought it was new, then i saw it dates back to January. O_O Anywho! Yeah for the mixed children of the world! Dyou know that mixed children are most asthetically pleasing? (means we are more pretty^_^) So go date someone outside your race! Break down those racial barriers! Wow I have no idea what i'm talking about its like really late at night.
But its good to see some black people here. Um I have no idea where Kamui is but he's black also hmmm......

Karisu-sama
06-28-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Radical Urd
So go date someone outside your race! Break down those racial barriers!
I did! I did! ^^

LadyXenie
06-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Umm hi! I'm a black cosplayer..Well this year at Otakon will be my first year cosplaying. But how exciting anyway! ^_^;;

Kurai
06-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
A thread's come back to life! GOOOO black / dark skinned cosplayers!! Cosplay anyone you want to!! :) I'll take pics! :) I have a little niece who is half African-American and half Chinese-American - I'm hoping that someday I can persuade her parents to let me corrupt her with cosplay.... :D

hehe, Get them when their young ne Karisu-sama? ^_^

BTW I love both you and your daughters cosplay! So cool *_*

Kaijugal
06-29-2003, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't call you an airhead, I'd call you wise. ^^ As for cosplaying dark-skinned characters, I'd have to like them. But for Nadia I thought I could pull it off pretty well so I did. Nver doin' that again XP

You make a totally adorable Nadia! Why not do it again?

~Kai
P.S. I'm green.

Ranma Saotome
06-29-2003, 11:07 PM
I look forward to seeing some of y'all at Otakon. A friend of mine once said that I'm a black cosplay pioneer. I'm not. I'm just doing what I love. :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-29-2003, 11:56 PM
*sighs* I WISH i could go to Otakon!!!!! BUT, school starts the same day it does and i wouldn't be able to go anyway! Oh well, i'll think of you all when i'm sitting in my school desk! lol

Radical Urd
06-30-2003, 12:25 AM
whoa!!! School starts that early???? Boy howdy it sucks to be you! J/K But no seriously that does blow. I'm really sorry..... Lollipop? *hands you a big swirly one*

Kawaii Yuna
06-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Heya everyone! I'm a black cosplayer too! Yippee! My mom is from Trinidad and my dad is from Florida. lol! This year will be my first time cosplaying. I just hope that the cosplay media treats me kind. ^_^

Ranma Saotome
06-30-2003, 01:00 AM
They will Kawaii. :) They will. :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-30-2003, 01:07 AM
*takes Lollipop* Thank you, i feel better! Oh,. congrats on joining our world, Kawaii! lol. I haven't made a costume yet, lol, but i've wanted to for years! I'm SO lazy!

AM Chair
06-30-2003, 01:13 AM
This is an interesting thread. I have always hoped more sisters and brothers would get into cosplay, and I do see quite a few in my con travels. Down in Texas at A-kon and AnimeFEST, there's this wonderful girl I know who does a terriffic Anthy. Another gent I met in seattle got out the green face paint and antenna and whamo..Piccolo! He had the muscles for it....

And another cute winsom girl I met had the figure to do Nadia. Strange that no one has dug up Claudia from Macross. A pioneer in strong black anime characters if there ever where any. And there ARE a lot of them, you just have to look. And just because you are black it doesn't mean you can't do the other characters... I mean, A brother cosplaying as Kenshin would be wicked dope. And sisters doing Mai Shiranui or Kasumi...cold shower time! And some of the absolute totally kawaii children are of asian /pacific island and black heritage, and when they cosplay in their teens and twenties, look out.

The only thing keeping more of our ilk out of cosplay/anime is the current infatuation with gangsta rap and other influences. It makes it hard for some of the kids to deal with their peers when they "break faith" and do their own thing.

Revell

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-30-2003, 01:19 AM
RIGHT ON BROTHER, AM CHAIR! Well spoken!

Ranma Saotome
06-30-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by AM Chair
This is an interesting thread. I have always hoped more sisters and brothers would get into cosplay, and I do see quite a few in my con travels. Down in Texas at A-kon and AnimeFEST, there's this wonderful girl I know who does a terriffic Anthy. Another gent I met in seattle got out the green face paint and antenna and whamo..Piccolo! He had the muscles for it....

And another cute winsom girl I met had the figure to do Nadia. Strange that no one has dug up Claudia from Macross. A pioneer in strong black anime characters if there ever where any. And there ARE a lot of them, you just have to look. And just because you are black it doesn't mean you can't do the other characters... I mean, A brother cosplaying as Kenshin would be wicked dope. And sisters doing Mai Shiranui or Kasumi...cold shower time! And some of the absolute totally kawaii children are of asian /pacific island and black heritage, and when they cosplay in their teens and twenties, look out.

The only thing keeping more of our ilk out of cosplay/anime is the current infatuation with gangsta rap and other influences. It makes it hard for some of the kids to deal with their peers when they "break faith" and do their own thing.

Revell

Preach on man... BTW, have you seen my Ranma? :p

Romann
06-30-2003, 01:31 AM
I did a Kasumi costume...sure it's a bit broke down and ghetto, but I still wuvs it *^___^*

Great way to put it, AM Chair! *throws candy*

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-30-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm doing Misty! I'm gonna like so be first black girl to do that. *i think!lol*

Ranma Saotome
06-30-2003, 01:37 AM
Nope. Some girl that already. ^^;

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-30-2003, 01:38 AM
DAMNIT! oh well, i still must do Misty! lol!

Mako-san
06-30-2003, 09:37 PM
right on AM, I agree, at my job sometimes I feel like some of my coworkers think i'm less black cause I don't listen to rap music. Its not that I hate it, its just that I don't find it appealing, I do listen to some rap, sometimes. But I don't care what they think, I tend to do my own thing!!
And it doesn't make me less black cause I know where I came from and my history.

Ranma Saotome
06-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Mako-san! True that! Whoo!!!!

I so agree on that and wish others would realize it to. ^_^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-30-2003, 11:40 PM
I listen to rap NOW, but i used to not listen to it and everyone thought me as the 'white girl'. I HATED that! But no one here think i started liking rap because of that. lol! Nope, i like Rap and J-pop/Rock! And....any kind of music actually.

AM Chair
07-01-2003, 01:24 AM
Ranma: Yes, I think you made AX once, either that or I saw you at Otakon 01.

Jessi-chan "Kermit": Thankies! Get that costume made, SC is waiting to be represented by a cute girl like yourself!

Noir: *Cheerfully accepts strawberry cream* I LOVE THOSE BUNNY EARS!!!

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-01-2003, 01:27 AM

Jessi-chan "Kermit": Thankies! Get that costume made, SC is waiting to be represented by a cute girl like yourself!

Someone called me kermit! YAY! Cute? YAY! lol! The costume is in the making! too bad it's not a girl costume! lol. I'm making Yoh from Shaman King! BUT, i will be making some girl costumes soon! Misty and....KASUMI! LOL, j/k

Kaijugal
07-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Cool !*Jessi-Chan*!, you're from SC?! I love it there! I visit at least every October. I know it's so frustraiting that there are no conventions there. My friend's son is really into costuming and they go all the way to DragonCon in Atlanta for thier masquerade fix.

Nice to "meet" another costumer from SC! Take care.
~Kai :)

Lovelyangel_81
07-01-2003, 11:30 AM
I can't believe I didn't post in this thread already.^^;

I am black.*waves* ^^

It's great that we do think outside the box. Not afraid to explore different cultures and things outside the 'norm'. Not limitinhg ourselves to what it's expected of us.

Ranma Saotome
07-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Ranma: Yes, I think you made AX once, either that or I saw you at Otakon 01.

Noir: *Cheerfully accepts strawberry cream* I LOVE THOSE BUNNY EARS!!!

Uhm... I wasn't at either con. ^^;;;;

Zetchi
07-02-2003, 02:01 AM
im black and i started cosplaying this year
i wanted to a long time ago when i was obessed with Sailor Moon
-_-'' memories

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by xCastleOutsider
im black and i started cosplaying this year
i wanted to a long time ago when i was obessed with Sailor Moon
-_-'' memories

Ahh yes. I remember when my friend taped Sailor Moon when it came on USA (i think....) and i never could watch it because it was early in the morning.....the only VCR in the house was in my parents bedroom and i stayed up so late watching it and they were sleep. Ahh....memories! BUT, that was the second anime i watched! The first was Speed Racer ^_^X! (And now we have two VCR's.....a DVD player.....and my Portable DVD player! Wow....times have changed! lol)

I like to say i started this year as well! lol. I guess i have one costume that is just very very ghetto....

Zetchi
07-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Ahh yes. I remember when my friend taped Sailor Moon when it came on USA (i think....) and i never could watch it because it was early in the morning.....the only VCR in the house was in my parents bedroom and i stayed up so late watching it and they were sleep. Ahh....memories! BUT, that was the second anime i watched! The first was Speed Racer ^_^X! (And now we have two VCR's.....a DVD player.....and my Portable DVD player! Wow....times have changed! lol)

I like to say i started this year as well! lol. I guess i have one costume that is just very very ghetto....

I used to be up that time getting ready for school. 6 in the morning. Yup I was up.. ^_^ lol. but that was when i was in grammar school... 2nd grade maybe... it was so long ago... Sailor Moon was the first anime I watched ever

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-02-2003, 11:37 PM
I never got up that early! lol...i always slept...that's why i never saw it till my friend taped it.

Zetchi
07-03-2003, 12:20 AM
lol... i was a little obsessed

Lady Orunitia
07-03-2003, 12:37 AM
'Ello fellow black people's:) And of course, hello all Caucasian, Asian, Spanish, Latino, Native American, bi and multiracial people also posting. *phew*, that's everyone, right??????

I'd love to go to Otakon, but lacking much of the "cheddar", as of late........

Eclipse180
07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
I just noticed I haven't posted here yet:D

I'm black^o^V Well Afro American, Native American and Caucasian but mostly black.

I have a lot of different nationalities in my family. I'm proud of "worldly" background^o^V

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-03-2003, 02:28 AM
i do not have any other nationalities in my family, but black. (that i know of...i know in my 'close knit' family there is none.)

Zetchi
07-03-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm African American and Native American
but I have some friends that call me Azn cause of all the stuff I do
Don't ask

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Don't worry, i won't. No one gives me grief about my liking anime and being black! I'm very thankful for that....i hear lots of people are given grief. (Goes to that Anime, African American, and You thread). I guess i'm one of the lucky ones!

Misa-chan
07-05-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm *takes a deep breath* African-American, Caucasian, Latino (Venezualan to be specific), Chinese, Indian (as in east India), and Carib; mainly because a large amount of these people live in Trinidad & Tobago, which is where my mom is from. But I guess I look 100% black, since my dad claims to be from Africa...

Originally posted by Radical Urd
I didn't mean that every chara I do is Dark-skinned, just like1 out of 3 yea thats it. think theres quite a bit, Anthy, Edward, Urd, Elena, Fawn, Kei, Merle, Mihoshi, Aisha Clan Clan, Salor Lead Crow, Pirotess, Nanvel, Areshes Nei, Tracy, Kiddy Phenil, Mii, Pink, Sara, Pony, Shayla-Shayla, Caska, Feb....Now these are my ideas YOU CAN"T HAVE THEM COPYRIGHT BABY!!!!!!!!

Wow, I've wanted to cosplay as Mihoshi, Lead Crow, and Aisha Clan Clan too......and I have the same name as Aisha Clan Clan!! Except it's not pronounced the same. ^^

LadyXenie
07-05-2003, 09:23 PM
Well I'm only african american and native american...^_^;;

JyuuSan
07-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Saw this post and thought I should throw my hat into the ring so....*throws hat* Anyways, I used to think that black cosplayers were few and far between, but going to various cons and posting on cosplay.com have proven otherwise! :) It feels good to know that some of us are getting the guts to cosplay despite all that "looking like the character" crap! I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you at Acen this year *winks to Yumeko and BitterBeing ;)* and hope to have the pleasure of meeting more of you at Otakon this year!!! :D

akumachan
07-08-2003, 03:07 PM
*raises hand*

um I guess I qualify as well :D

Ranma Saotome
07-08-2003, 11:06 PM
I was waiting for you to show achan. :)

aachan
07-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Wow, I'm in this kinda late, lol.... But yes, I'm african-american and I love cosplaying!!!

And I've seen a lot of black cosplayers around since I started cosplaying 5 years ago. But I gotta admit, last year, after my best friend and I finished our cosplay at Otakon, a black girl walked up to us and said the we gave her the courage to start cosplaying.

I guess that was cool....

Ranma Saotome
07-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey... You're alive. ^_^ I've been worried about ya.

It's cool seeing all of us out there gettin our cosplay on. :D I remember at one con I was cosplaying Ranma and this girl came up to me and hugged me. I had asked her why. She was dressed as Naru telling me that her bf who is black wouldn't cosplay because there are no black cosplayers. I said to her to point him out so I can show him a few of us here! :D

Romann
07-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Wow...I never knew there were those who were afraid to cosplay because they've never seen a black cosplayer before ^^ When I first started, I just went gung-ho making every costume that I liked ^^

twentystitches
07-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Noir Lumine
Wow...I never knew there were those who were afraid to cosplay because they've never seen a black cosplayer before ^^ When I first started, I just went gung-ho making every costume that I liked ^^

So was I. ^_^ Though I did have my doubts about how well the costume would be recieved, but that dealt more with the actual costume more than my looks. ^^;;

Though I was wondering, have any of you guys ever considered going pale for a costume? I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm planning on going very pale for a costume I'll enter in a masq this year. Mostly because I want to be as accurate as possible. ^^;; It's a bit too much of a hassle to do just for wandering around the hallways.

^^; This thread has given me a bit more confidence with being a black cosplayer. ^_^V Which is great. It's always nice to not be the only one or un-supported.

Mako-san
07-09-2003, 06:41 PM
hmm i have Faithsdemon. Esp. for Jrock or Gothic lolita costumes, but thats out of the door now, I went to disneyworld and got a serious tan down there.

JyuuSan
07-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by FaithsDemon
Though I was wondering, have any of you guys ever considered going pale for a costume? I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm planning on going very pale for a costume I'll enter in a masq this year. Mostly because I want to be as accurate as possible. ^^;; It's a bit too much of a hassle to do just for wandering around the hallways.

For me, it depends on who I'm cosplaying. If I was cosplaying as someone who was dead (or undead ;) ) or a character who wears light makeup I probably would. Cosplay in general, however, I personally wouldn't because to me, it seems to feed into that stigma that you can't cosplay a character accurately because of your skin color. It works both ways though. I've had people say to me they wouldn't do a character unless they could get a tan or something. I just think skin tone isn't that big of a deal.

twentystitches
07-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Mako-san- ^_^ Yea. Those J-rockers are seriously pale. X_x; Sometimes it's just the lighting, but they're still pale! *laughs* Most of the costumes that'd I'd go pale for would be j-rock. ^^; Especially the white face ones.

JyunnSan- I guess it's just how you look at things then. ^_^ It's good that it doesn't bother you. I consider changing skintone in the same catergory as wearing a full body suit and matching it with face makeup. Like if you were doing a Shiva or oddly colored cosplay.

You can still cosplay someone accurately without changing skin tone of course. I think it's just taking things to another level if you go through the trouble of doing the extra things.

Ranma Saotome
07-10-2003, 01:02 AM
I feel the love. :)

Romann
07-10-2003, 11:06 PM
I would try to go pale...but it just might make me look ashy >.>; *Doesn't want people offering her lotion all day *

Cyber Wolf
07-10-2003, 11:20 PM
Diddo to what Jyuusan said. If I tried to make myself really light for a cosplay, like a j-rock or lolita one, the skintone would be swallowing the importance of doing the costume accurately, etc. When I do j-rock cosplay, I use fondationthen lighten my face a BIT using regular old powder. That way, the darker makeup will standout. I just think it would seem a litle weird and silly to change your skintone unless your character had an abnormal color, like green or something :/

But! I'll see what the future holds for me. At most I'd say make my face totally white for a j-rock cosplay, like the guy in my avie. But maybe ^^

Romann
07-10-2003, 11:34 PM
>>like the guy in my avie. But maybe ^^

Guy??? Oh my >.>

Yeah, I understand the fact of not having to change your skin colour for a costume. I mean, there are many fair complexioned girs who cosplay as Anthy. You don't see them getting one hell of a tan or breaking out the dark foundation lol

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Me and my friend were totally on this subject the other day! We were discussing weather she should try and make her self pale for her Boogiepop costume. I said...'Uh, not really. You'll only look ashy'.

Cyber Wolf
07-11-2003, 09:08 AM
>>like the guy in my avie. But maybe ^^

Guy??? Oh my >.>

XDXDXD Yep, he's a guy and so adorable! ^^ *huggles Emiru*

That would loo strange, trying to make yourself lighter and just looking ashy x.X. Btw, did you see those pics of the guy who went as Ansem (I think that's who it is anyway) to AX? >_>

twentystitches
07-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Ashy? Oh my...X_x; Maybe this idea is a bit weird. I was planning to use a paint and then a loose powder to make it look more normal. Just applying a really light colored powder would look strange.

I saw the Ansem guy. Was like O_o; Whoa! Actually I think that prompted me bringing up the subject, which I've been wondering about for awhile. ^^;; His costume was good...

chai_fiend
07-11-2003, 10:36 AM
um, i'm a little black girl too. n is it gonna stop me from cosplaying chi at otakon, of course not. but the bleach blond wig does not work for me.

it does kinda dampen any future mana cosplay tho. someone mentioned how looking pale turns into looking ashy and ash is bad.

Cyber Wolf
07-11-2003, 10:58 AM
You can still be Mana without having to be as pale as he is ya know :P lol Just lighten your complexion a BIT to make his makeup stand out more. Anyway, the costume in itself is the most important part, don't forget!

You can still wear the wig. In fact I think you should since her hair is a big part of her character. Besides, the contrast would look nice ^^

chai_fiend
07-11-2003, 02:25 PM
yeah i'll b cosplaying mana in the future, mos def.
but that wig....see i tried one on, and it was just bad. very bad. there really wasn't much of a contrast and oh my...just bad.

JyuuSan
07-11-2003, 05:39 PM
XDXDXD Yep, he's a guy and so adorable! ^^ *huggles Emiru*

Yeah.... it's scary how much some of these J-Rockers look so much like women. I've had to be a lot more careful around here if you know what I mean! :thumbsup: But anyways, that's a good example of when you might need to change your skin tone.

Originally posted by chai_fiend
um, i'm a little black girl too. n is it gonna stop me from cosplaying chi at otakon, of course not. but the bleach blond wig does not work for me.

You bring up a good point about blond wigs. I'll be honest, very few of us can pull off using one. I think using a platinum blonde or even perhaps a silver or white wig usually does the trick, but that's me.

Ranma Saotome
07-11-2003, 07:53 PM
You know... I'd love to see a black chii @ Otakon. ^_^

chai_fiend
07-11-2003, 10:17 PM
well if you're going this yr. i'll be there w/ a black wig thank u very much and in the dress that she wears to work. i'm wearing it on saturday

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Yea, blonde wigs just don't work for us! My sis is Anna from Shaman King and SHE has blonde hair....well..let's just say my sis will have her regular colored hair! (which is black of course!) I think your Chii wig can be black! As long as you have the ears and the little hair things she wears! That would be kinda cool to see

AM Chair
07-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Minasan,
This tread is phenomenal! After reading this far, I've made a decision: I'm going to ask the board for a Black Cosplayers panel at Ani-Magic. The issues you bring up about coplayers of color are legit, and poses challenges that few would realise. And after all we are the "Cosplayer's Con". If people of color are reluctant to cosplay and get in the fun of it, we should encourage those who want to and show their friends that they too can enjoy this hobby like anyone else.

Now, who would like to join the front table of this panel? Ranma, get your plane ticket ready. I'd like to moderate, but I'm afraid my chair duties will have me running around like hella crazy. I'll be there none the less. Stay tuned for more news. Man, I feel like I'm breaking new ground here over something that should be normal....
Revell

Ranma Saotome
07-12-2003, 01:51 PM
When is Ani-Magic, I'll see about that plane ticket! :D

JyuuSan
07-12-2003, 03:50 PM
You know... I'd love to see a black chii @ Otakon. ^_^

I would have to second that as well! :)

Minasan,
This tread is phenomenal! After reading this far, I've made a decision: I'm going to ask the board for a Black Cosplayers panel at Ani-Magic. The issues you bring up about coplayers of color are legit, and poses challenges that few would realise. And after all we are the "Cosplayer's Con". If people of color are reluctant to cosplay and get in the fun of it, we should encourage those who want to and show their friends that they too can enjoy this hobby like anyone else.

If I had the money to fly out to California, I would soooooo go! *sigh*

Cyber Wolf
07-13-2003, 05:28 PM
Yea, blonde wigs just don't work for us! My sis is Anna from Shaman King and SHE has blonde hair....well..let's just say my sis will have her regular colored hair! (which is black of course!) I think your Chii wig can be black! As long as you have the ears and the little hair things she wears! That would be kinda cool to see

"Us"???? O_O Just how general is this "us", because I'm curious?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-13-2003, 08:48 PM
I was referring to whoever said they couldn't wear blonde wigs....

EDIT: No harm was meant of it! *looks nervous.* lol

Cyber Wolf
07-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Ah, okay. ^^

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-13-2003, 08:51 PM
^_^X!

JyuuSan
07-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Okay I know some of you are going to Otakon this year, so I want to know:
#1: who's going
#2: who are you going as

As for me, I'll be going as Billy Lee Black from Xenogears, Ryuji Yamazaki from King of Fighters, and Testament from Guilty Gear!

Black cosplayers, represent!! :skidude2:

LadyXenie
07-30-2003, 07:23 PM
Hiya!
I'm going!!
I'm going as
Friday-Random Schoolgirl
Saturday-EGL Lolita Kitty
Sunday-Random goth catgirl...

Radical Urd
07-30-2003, 07:27 PM
well I'll be
Seras Victoria-Hellsing
Shermie-king of fighters
Eriya- A girl in Gaea
Miwako- Paradise Kiss
We should do a photoshoot at otakon........
Oh and I look good in blonde wig, you'll see my Seras and Eriya and i don't think i look that bad. Does your sister have dark skin cause Chocolate girls don't look good in white blonde wigs and bright red lipstick. Bright red lipstick just does not look good, they teach you that in cosmology too. But it could also be the wig, DON"T cut your own wig, DON"T get a joke, halloween, wig for a serious, well done costume. Oh and tennis shoes don't go with everything. Just thought i should address that...... sorry......

JyuuSan
07-30-2003, 07:35 PM
To LadyXenie: Would that be the same schoolgirl costume in your bio pic? :)

To Radical Urd: I know you're going! ;) You're in the KOF group with me!! :D That photoshoot idea is a pretty good one!

LadyXenie
07-30-2003, 08:13 PM
JyuuSan: Yep! Same one!

JyuuSan
07-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Ahh........excellent.....*rubs hands together* :skidude2:

LadyXenie
07-30-2003, 08:38 PM
I'm excited!! I can't wait to meet everyone..Find me so I can take pictures of all of you!! ^_^;; I'll try to remember what people are wearing...but warning..my memory is kinda shot sometimes..

Ranma Saotome
07-30-2003, 09:05 PM
HEre's my list. ^_^

Ranma Saotome
Barret Wallace
XBV Barret Wallace
Kyosuke Kagami
Spike Spiegel
Pimp Daddy Artemis

Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

Radical Urd
07-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Xenie your tinie.... *is jealous at her petit-ness* But anywho! You and me girl are going to reak some havok on all the cute, single boys XDDDDD! Two black girls, in cute costumes, looking good.... whoa buddy watch out!! XDDDD

LadyXenie
07-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Urd- I know!! ^_^ You and me...Otakon will never be the same!! *laughs* No one is safe

RuthlessJS
07-30-2003, 10:36 PM
I wish I was going to Otakon this year... :(

Ranma Saotome
07-31-2003, 01:18 AM
Radical Urd, Lady Xenie? *glomp* XD

chai_fiend
07-31-2003, 09:56 AM
fri: "inspired by" bunnie from Wish (i need an excuse to wear my bunnie ears)
sat: chi
sun: my egl dress

Cyn
07-31-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm mixed. Part black/white/puerto rican/chinese. And I'll be cosplaying as Sephiroth =P Weird, huh?

JyuuSan
07-31-2003, 05:35 PM
HEre's my list. ^_^

Ranma Saotome
Barret Wallace
XBV Barret Wallace
Kyosuke Kagami
Spike Spiegel
Pimp Daddy Artemis

Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

Hey my friend TheLoneWolf is going to be in the FFXBV game! Now I got a reason to crash the party!! After the Xenogears/saga photoshoot that is! :)

Originally posted by RuthlessJS
I wish I was going to Otakon this year... :(

I felt the same way about A-Kon this year. I wanted to go, but none of my driving friends wanted to go! :(

Originally posted by chai_fiend
fri: "inspired by" bunnie from Wish (i need an excuse to wear my bunnie ears)
sat: chi
sun: my egl dress

You have a pic of yourself so we can spot ya? :)

Originally posted by LadyXenie
Urd- I know!! ^_^ You and me...Otakon will never be the same!! *laughs* No one is safe

I don't know whether I should be excited or frightened..... :schitzo:

JyuuSan
07-31-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Cyn
I'm mixed. Part black/white/puerto rican/chinese. And I'll be cosplaying as Sephiroth =P Weird, huh?

Nah, that's isn't weird! You should see me as Testament! :thumbsup:

Ranma Saotome
07-31-2003, 05:54 PM
JyuuSan, that's if and only if I get there before 6PM. ^^;;;

LadyXenie
07-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by JyuuSan

I don't know whether I should be excited or frightened..... :schitzo: [/B]

Ummm you should be...friii...excited of course! ^_^ I mean..honestly how much trouble can two chicas really get people to? :devil:

cactusmomma
07-31-2003, 07:20 PM
someone has to do duck king!!

Chapel
07-31-2003, 08:00 PM
*waves* Hey, I'm black as well! So far, I've cosplayed as Wolfwood for Katsucon 2002 and Otakon 2002. (not to mention a brief stint as as FF7's Rude during Otakon, but it was basically the same costume but with different accessories) Being the only cross wielding black guy amongst a horde of other Wolfwoods gets me a decent amount of attention, oddly enough. At this year's Otakon, in addition to sporting a completely revamped Wolfwood costume, I'll be accompanied by two friends as "The Wolfwood Trio". Oh, the mischeif we will cause... :D

JyuuSan
07-31-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by RenegadePocky
someone has to do duck king!!

I actually would like to since it's very rare to see one and he seems like a character I would have fun cosplaying as! Need to play some more Fatal Fury though.....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Chapel
*waves* Hey, I'm black as well! So far, I've cosplayed as Wolfwood for Katsucon 2002 and Otakon 2002. (not to mention a brief stint as as FF7's Rude during Otakon, but it was basically the same costume but with different accessories) Being the only cross wielding black guy amongst a horde of other Wolfwoods gets me a decent amount of attention, oddly enough. At this year's Otakon, in addition to sporting a completely revamped Wolfwood costume, I'll be accompanied by two friends as "The Wolfwood Trio". Oh, the mischeif we will cause... :D

Cool, you're going to Otakon! Got a pic of yourself so the rest of us can be on the lookout? :D

Chapel
07-31-2003, 08:57 PM

Cool, you're going to Otakon! Got a pic of yourself so the rest of us can be on the lookout? :D

http://www.fansview.com/2002/katsucon/0215e095.jpg

Me from Katsucon 2002.

Peachy Momo
07-31-2003, 10:19 PM
Very cool pic Chapel! ^__^

I always love to see pics of black people in cosplay. :)

I'm black-american myself. My mom is from Trinidad and my dad is from Florida. lol! I'll be at Otakon but volunteering. =)

Ranma Saotome
07-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Damn Chapel, I ain't see you there bro. i'll be lookin out!

Romann
07-31-2003, 11:40 PM
Chapel- You'd better thank God I didn't see you. I'm not one to glomp...but I'd make an exception ^___^

Ranma Saotome
08-01-2003, 01:03 AM
And what about me Noir? ^_~

chai_fiend
08-01-2003, 09:19 AM
You have a pic of yourself so we can spot ya?

no i don't but when i went to otakon last yr, i didn't see to many black girls w/ dreads so um i guess i'll be easy to find. i'm also doing the purple ribbon and avatar thing so yeah.

Romann
08-01-2003, 08:05 PM
And what about me Noir? ^_~

You need no warning from me. You already know to watch your back lol * Gets into pre-glomp stance*

Ranma Saotome
08-02-2003, 01:12 AM
Wooo!!!! :)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Chapel.....u are one fine brother! lol!

I wanna glomp Ranma too!!!!!

Ranma Saotome
08-02-2003, 02:07 AM
^_________^

JyuuSan
08-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Nice pic! :) Okay that does it...I need to make a list now!

List of cosplayer's costumes for Otakon:

chai_fiend:
Friday- "inspired by" bunnie from Wish
Saturday- Chii- Chobits
Sunday- EGL Dress

Chapel:
Wolfwood- Trigun

Cyn: Sephiroth- Final Fantasy 7

Lady Xenie: Friday- Random Schoolgirl
Saturday- EGL Lolita Kitty
Sunday-Random Goth Catgirl

JyuuSan: Billy Lee Black- Xenogears
Ryuji Yamazaki- King of Fighters
Testament- Guilty Gear

Radical Urd: Seras Victoria- Hellsing
Shermie- King of Fighters
Eriya- A Girl in Gaea
Miwako- Paradise Kiss

Ranma Saotome: Ranma Saotome
Barret Wallace
XBV Barret Wallace
Kyosuke Kagami
Spike Spiegel
Pimp Daddy Artemis

Hopefully this helps everybody! I'll edit the list if there are any additions or changes. :)

LadyXenie
08-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Good idea on the list..*makes note* See everyone there..5 days until badge pickup! ^_^

twentystitches
08-02-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll have to catch a picture of you guys at Otakon!(X_x I think I need to bring more cameras....) Thanks for making that list JyuuSan.

JyuuSan
08-02-2003, 02:55 PM
I'll have to catch a picture of you guys at Otakon!(X_x I think I need to bring more cameras....) Thanks for making that list JyuuSan.

No prob! Are going to be cosplaying as well? :D

twentystitches
08-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Yep!

*Shinya-Dir en Grey
*Oneesan(Announcer Girl)- Battle Royale
*Gackt-Mizerable PV
*Yoshiki-Arcana(webcomic)

x_x I have two other costumes, but there's a snowball's chance in hell I'll be able to wear them.

chai_fiend
08-02-2003, 08:03 PM
ooo a shinya. i've never seen anyone cosplay shinya before. i'm looking forward to seeing you. and whats this pimp daddy artemis supposed to be? hahaha!

Romann
08-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Dont' forget me ^^

~Hitomi-Escaflowne Movie (Fri)
~Allen Schezar- Escaflowne TV (sat)
I dunno know about Sunday yet >.>

Studmaster
08-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Well, little old me will also be there at Otakon as well. Right now, I'm Cosplaying Gilder from Skies of Arcadia and Gaignun from Xenosaga. I will be sure to give shoutouts to all my brother and sister Cosplayers at Otakon.

Leon
08-03-2003, 01:06 AM
Present and accounted for!!

Ranma Saotome
08-03-2003, 02:00 AM
Next thing you know we'll have a friggin photoshoot. XD

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-03-2003, 04:29 PM
WAH!!!!! All the Otakon talk makes me sad.....i WANNA GO!!!!! *looks at damn school calender* stoopid 1st day of school......on the 8th of August...like i was going to Baltimore if it wasn't on that day....LOL

LadyXenie
08-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Jessi-chan!! I'm sorry you won't be making it...Will you be making a cameo next year?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Hmm...next year......let's all HOPE i can make a cameo next year....:)

Chapel
08-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Next thing you know we'll have a friggin photoshoot. XD

Why not? :D I think that'd be kinda cool!

Ranma Saotome
08-04-2003, 12:11 AM
Well damn! XD

Teteiyusu
08-04-2003, 12:20 AM
I'm black, korean and chinese... People don't know I'm have black because I'm light skined and look more asian. My hair is the only thing that shows that I'm half black.

I'll be cosplaying at Yaoi Con !

LadyXenie
08-04-2003, 12:29 AM
Jessi-chan- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

A photo shoot...Not a bad idea..if people can find time to make it to it..ya know? :sunny:

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-04-2003, 12:35 AM
ooooooo. a photoshoot would be nice.....even IF i'm not going! lol

Kas
08-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Hmm.. I dunno if I posted here.. *waves* I'm half black and half white. I look forward to seeing everyone at Otakon in costume. Hopefully I will take lots of pics. ^.^

Cosplay lineup for me:

Haru- Fruits Basket
Rikku - FFX-2
Kakashi- Naruto
Gothic aristocrat

See ya at Otakon!

Ranma Saotome
08-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Teteiyusu: You must have nappy hair like the rest of us. XD Just kidding. :)

Kas!!! *glomp*

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-04-2003, 12:46 AM
*singing* Hair nappy, but i'm happy. pocket full of dough......The only one that CAN sing that and be turthful is Lil Bow Wow....*looks at her micro braided hair* Atleast it's not nappy right now.....

Kas
08-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Kas!!! *glomp*

Ranma!!!!! *returns glomp*

Ranma Saotome
08-04-2003, 12:55 AM
Now I really can't wait for Otakon! XD

*kidnaps Kas and runs off* Don't tell your sister! XD

twentystitches
08-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Chai_fiend- Really? You've never seen a Shinya cosplay? I bet you'll see lots at the con. XD I'm looking forward to your Chi costume!

Noir Lumine- O_O Wow. I really want to get a picture of your Allen cosplay! */fangirl* Hehe XD

I'm up for a photoshoot.....though I think any time on saturday would be hard unless everyone decided on doing it a bit before the cosplay.com shoot, or after. Hmmm...

chai_fiend
08-04-2003, 01:23 PM
i'm hoping that i can look forward to a succesful chi cosplay myself...i need to make sum calls... TT___TT

JyuuSan
08-04-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Leon
Present and accounted for!!

Great!! Who are you going as? :)

WAH!!!!! All the Otakon talk makes me sad.....i WANNA GO!!!!! *looks at damn school calender* stoopid 1st day of school......on the 8th of August...like i was going to Baltimore if it wasn't on that day....LOL
Sorry about that! :( Are you planning on going to any other cons?

chai_fiend:
Friday: "inspired by" bunnie from Wish
Saturday: Chii- Chobits
Sunday: EGL Dress

Chapel:
Wolfwood- Trigun

FaithsDemon:
Shinya- Dir en Grey
Oneesan (Announcer Girl)- Battle Royale
Gackt- Mizerable PV
Yoshiki- Arcana(webcomic)

Testament- Guilty Gear

Kas:
Haru- Fruits Basket
Rikku - FFX-2
Kakashi- Naruto
Gothic Aristocrat

Lady Xenie: Friday: Random Schoolgirl
Saturday: EGL Lolita Kitty
Sunday: Random Goth Catgirl

Noir Lumine:
Friday: Hitomi- Escaflowne Movie
Saturday: Allen Schezar- Escaflowne TV
Sunday: ???

Eriya- A Girl in Gaea
Miwako- Paradise Kiss

Barret Wallace
XBV Barret Wallace
Kyosuke Kagami
Spike Spiegel
Pimp Daddy Artemis
Studmaster:
Gilder- Skies of Arcadia
Gaignun- Xenosaga

The photoshoot ain't a bad idea! Show all the closet black cosplayers out there that we're not few and far between! :skidude2: Anyone want to suggest a day and time?

LadyXenie
08-05-2003, 12:18 AM
I'm game for anytime!! I really don't have too much planned..:thumbsup:

JyuuSan
08-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Hmm..... not too much time left, huh? Okay I'll throw out a suggestion: if we were to do a photoshoot, I think the best times to do it would be either Saturday night (around 11'ish) or late Sunday morning (also around 11'ish). Does anybody have a problem with this?

LadyXenie
08-05-2003, 01:18 PM
I like Saturday! But I'm free on Sunday! I'm gonna be quiet now..I'll just go with the flow..

twentystitches
08-05-2003, 01:37 PM
I like Saturday too, but isn't that during the masq? X_x; So I guess Sunday sounds the best. ^_^;

Ranma Saotome
08-05-2003, 01:39 PM
12 PM? ^_^

Studmaster
08-05-2003, 02:40 PM
I'd say Saturday like around 12 - 12:30. Keep in mind, the Cosplay.com photoshoot is at 1 PM. It'd be the perfect time to do it, because everyone will be around waiting for the big one.

JyuuSan
08-05-2003, 02:55 PM
I knew I should have put those p's and a's in! :thumbsup: I meant around 11pm on Saturday Night since the masquerade is scheduled to about that time (yeah...I know, it'll probably go over! :rolleyes: ) It could always be after it ends, but I didn't know if that was too late for some people. For Sunday, I meant around 11am. That way, it wasn't too early or too late! I suggested two times because I thought some of you may be leaving on Sunday and I figured many of you would be at the con on Saturday night. Sorry for the confusion! :japan:

Originally posted by Studmaster
I'd say Saturday like around 12 - 12:30. Keep in mind, the Cosplay.com photoshoot is at 1 PM. It'd be the perfect time to do it, because everyone will be around waiting for the big one.

That's a good time too! Any takers?

twentystitches
08-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Sounds good! Same place as the cosplay.com shoot ne?

Ranma Saotome
08-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Okay, I'm down. ^_^

Radical Urd
08-06-2003, 02:16 AM
Hey guys! I've been busy with otakon for these past few weeks and i've kinda be neglecting you guys gomenesai!! Anywho! so its 12:30- 12 am right? On Saturday? I just want to clear that up. I hope to see you guys at otakon! Three days until weekend!

chai_fiend
08-06-2003, 08:55 AM
aslong as you guys wait for me, that sounds good. :) same place as the cosplay.com shoot, but where is that?

JyuuSan
08-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Okay it's official, the photoshoot will be on Saturday @ 12:30 PM just before the cosplay.com photoshoot. (thanks to Ranma Saotome for giving the heads up! :bigtu: ) As for the location, it's where the fountain is located on the 1st level of the convention center. I have also been told it's the same location that held the dealer's rooms back in Otakon 2001. about 90% percent of the cosplay groups will be meeting there, so it should be no problem locating it. With the closeness to Otakon, they are a few cosplayers that probably won't know about this. So if everyone could, if you find a fellow black cosplayer, tell them about the photoshoot, because I'm sure they will be excited about it! :D

Kas
08-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Cool I will be there.

Ranma Saotome
08-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Make sure you kidnap and drag Mako-san with you. ^_^

Romann
08-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Ooooh! This is going to be fun!

Chapel
08-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Gotta make sure I let Dark Kamui and D-Mon Onizuka know about the time and location. ^__^ This is gonna rock.

JyuuSan
08-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Okay everyone, here's the updated list for most likely the last time since I'll be preparing to leave for Thursday. If someone wants to add an update to the list on Thursday, that's fine with me. The photoshoot is scheduled for Saturday at 12:30pm in the lower level fountains. There's a schedule of all the cosplay.com photo shoots in both pdf and word format (a big thanks goes up to Daala! :bigtu: ) and is available through these links:

PDF:
http://www.kitoutpost.com/otakon/photoshoot_guide.pdf

WORD:
http://www.kitoutpost.com/otakon/photoshoot_guide.doc

Hope to see all of you in a couple days!!! :wave:

chai_fiend:
Friday: "inspired by" bunnie from Wish
Saturday: Chii- Chobits
Sunday: EGL Dress

Chapel:
Wolfwood- Trigun

FaithsDemon:
Shinya- Dir en Grey
Oneesan (Announcer Girl)- Battle Royale
Gackt- Mizerable PV
Yoshiki- Arcana(webcomic)

Game00:
Billy Kane- Fatal Fury/King of Fighters
Yashiro Nanakase- King of Fighters
Venom- Guilty Gear

Testament- Guilty Gear

Kas:
Haru- Fruits Basket
Rikku - FFX-2
Kakashi- Naruto
Gothic Aristocrat

Lady Xenie: Friday: Random Schoolgirl
Saturday: EGL Lolita Kitty
Sunday: Random Goth Catgirl

Noir Lumine:
Friday: Hitomi- Escaflowne Movie
Saturday: Allen Schezar- Escaflowne TV
Sunday: ???

Eriya- A Girl in Gaea
Miwako- Paradise Kiss

Barret Wallace
XBV Barret Wallace
Kyosuke Kagami
Spike Spiegel
Pimp Daddy Artemis
Studmaster:
Gilder- Skies of Arcadia
Gaignun- Xenosaga

chai_fiend
08-06-2003, 07:22 PM
this is gonna suck if i don't get my chi ears...*sobs* what's chi w/out the ears i ask you? thats what marks a persocon dammit the friggin ear things. oh the stress

areia
08-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, I'm not sure how you define black, I'm not terribly dark, but I am dark enough that many people would classify me as non-white. :)

I think the coolest thing I ever saw was a picture of a black Rei Ayanami. I've noticed that there are many non-white anime fans, so I think I'm going to make a fun project out of making dark-skinned anime art. That would totally rock.

-areia-

TsukiNoBara
08-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by areia
Well, I'm not sure how you define black, I'm not terribly dark, but I am dark enough that many people would classify me as non-white. :)

I think the coolest thing I ever saw was a picture of a black Rei Ayanami. I've noticed that there are many non-white anime fans, so I think I'm going to make a fun project out of making dark-skinned anime art. That would totally rock.

-areia-

^ What a great idea! Ihope you post some of your pictures in your gallery because I love to see your art.

Chapel
08-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Okay...so the photo shoot didn't quite happen the way we'd hoped...but I did get to meet Jyuusan, Studmaster, Chai_Feind, and Noir Lumine, which was pretty cool. I also think I saw Ranma walking around at one point, but he dissapeared before I got the chance to talk with him, unfortunately. I do seem to remember a few pictures being taken at one point...has anyone else seen them posted online yet?

Ranma Saotome
08-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Psst...

http://www.rebelcosplay.com/gallery/otakonx

LadyXenie
08-11-2003, 06:51 PM
Yeah..I was running a little late that day..:( sorry.. But I did get to meet Radical Urd. *soo jealous cuz she's soo pretty* FaithsDemon. *awesome person* NoirLumine *Uber nice and awesome costume* JyuuSan * A lot taller than I thought* Ranma*uber nice with and funny skit* I know I met others but I'm don't remember the names. I umm..was kinda upset I couldn't mingle longer my friends kinda ushered me everywhere..^_^ But it was nice meeting everyone I hope to see you all at other cons. :japan: Oh yeah! I also saw Chapel in passing but was being rushed to get dinner so didn't get a chance to talk..I saw Cyn but I got giggly and stupid..took a picture..I didn't bother saying anything because I would have been incoherent. :bashful:

chai_fiend
08-12-2003, 08:58 AM
it was nice meeting you all. i have to get my pix developed already so i can prove to my family and some friends that black folk like anime too...

Romann
08-12-2003, 12:18 PM
It was AWSOME meeting all of you! I'm hoping that will will have more black cosplayers with us! We could be starting a trend!

Amethyst Lady
08-12-2003, 06:04 PM
I'll add to the tally. I'm black. :)

Gotta represent!

A friend and myself did a little original-type thing this year at Otakon. We both wore black, white, and red (although she insisted on burgundy, her evil self).

Next year, it'll probably be a whole group of friends and myself cosplaying together. We're all black (with one exception), so it should be something to see. ^^

Ranma Saotome
08-12-2003, 08:42 PM
How bout Black Cosplayers dinner @ K10? :D

Kas
08-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Ya! I had a good time meeting everyone at the photoshoot. Everyone's costume was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the 3 fine Wolfwoods. :) It is always good to see you Ranma *huggles* I got a pic of the photoshoot up. I wish I had more.

http://insigniavenus.homestead.com/files/Ota30.jpg

http://insigniavenus.homestead.com/files/Ota52.jpg

My next con is Nekocon 6. So I hope we can do this again and maybe get together or something. You guys rock!!!

RuthlessJS
08-12-2003, 09:46 PM
It was AWSOME meeting all of you! I'm hoping that will will have more black cosplayers with us! We could be starting a trend!

I hope to go to Otakon next year. So you can add one more black cosplayer to your crew. ^_^

twentystitches
08-12-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm so glad we had the photoshoot. It was great meeting everyone and talking. ^_^ Haha. The Wolfwoods were great! I only wish I had a video of the baptism of the Otaku. Man that was priceless...

^_~ Definitely should make this standard for cons.

JyuuSan
08-13-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by LadyXenie
JyuuSan * A lot taller than I thought*

Heh-heh, I'm tall! :D Just wanted to know, how tall did you think I was?

Originally posted by Amethyst Lady
A friend and myself did a little original-type thing this year at Otakon. We both wore black, white, and red (although she insisted on burgundy, her evil self).

Next year, it'll probably be a whole group of friends and myself cosplaying together. We're all black (with one exception), so it should be something to see. ^^

Do you have pictures of you and your group? I think I may have seen you during the con.

How bout Black Cosplayers dinner @ K10? :D

*ears perk up* Did someone say dinner? :burger:

Originally posted by Kas
My next con is Nekocon 6. So I hope we can do this again and maybe get together or something. You guys rock!!!

My friend and I hope to be there, although we may have to fly though! Gotta start saving up money yet again!

Originally posted by RuthlessJS
I hope to go to Otakon next year. So you can add one more black cosplayer to your crew. ^_^

Whoohoo!! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get to A-kon next year!

I'm so glad we had the photoshoot. It was great meeting everyone and talking. ^_^ Haha. The Wolfwoods were great! I only wish I had a video of the baptism of the Otaku. Man that was priceless...

And who could forget that rousing chorus of "Amen"! :crylaugh:

Anyways, I had fun talking with everybody although it was briefer than I had hoped! I'm definitely going to Otakon next year so I hope to meet up with you again. Although, I'm sure I'll probably see some of you before then! ;)

Chapel
08-13-2003, 07:27 PM

My fellow Wolfwoods and I already decided to make the Otaku sermon and baptisms a tradition every year. :D And there actually is a tape out there of my Sunday sermon (the better one, in my opinion) that my friend Becky made, I just need to contact her so I can get a copy. If I can eventually get it online, I'll send you guys a link so you can download it.

"Lemme hear ya say amen!"

"AMEN!"

"Lemme hear ya say hallelujiah!"

"HALLELUJIAH!"

"Lemme hear ya say love and peace!"

"LOVE AND PEACE!!"

Ranma Saotome
08-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Knowing that I missed that, I may come back to Otakon as Reverend Duo Maxwell. XD

LadyXenie
08-13-2003, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JyuuSan
[B]Heh-heh, I'm tall! :D Just wanted to know, how tall did you think I was?

Ya know I'm not sure how tall I thought you were going to be..But it's not that hard to be tall compared to me..:rolleyes:

Dark_Kamui
08-14-2003, 01:11 AM
*Walks in,placing his black cloth covered cross on the ground and takes his shades off*Yes my fellow Wolf Wizzle. I am already in the process on working on my sermon for next year. The fellow Priest Hentai will not be silent next year!!!

Love and Hentai!!!

D-mon Onizuka
08-14-2003, 01:25 AM
Well.......

*points up at Kamui* What he said.

I think it's gonna be clear that each of us in gonna have our own little sermon for next year. Same Wolf-wizzle time, same Wolf-wizzle place!

By the 1st floor fountain so we may baptize fallen Otaku with the pure.....er, green..water. ^^

I think we should have a contest. If you can say
Nizzle Dizzle Wolf-wizzle Squizzle for Shizzle 3 times without slipping up, you get a mystery prize!

Cyn
08-14-2003, 01:55 AM
Oooooo! Can I preach about how I'll bring everybody to the Promised Land in my KH Sephiroth Cosplay? :bouncer:

Ranma Saotome
08-14-2003, 02:14 AM
Okay... Open up the book of Anime and turn to the New School Testament. We will begin on the Chapter of Gundam Wing; Chapter 3, verse 7...

Amethyst Lady
08-14-2003, 02:57 AM
Do you have pictures of you and your group? I think I may have seen you during the con.

I have a pic of just plain me, yes. :D

As for our group at the con, my friend's camera was stolen. And since my dad broke my camera, that was the only one any of us had. :(

twentystitches
08-14-2003, 10:12 AM
Jyuusan- Did you see how people *stared* during that! *laughs* We just bringing the love and peace to the con man! Just bringing the love n' peace!

Chapel- That'd be great if you got a video up! But it's even better that you guys are going to do that again.

Dark_Kamui- *glomps* XD!

Misa-chan
08-14-2003, 01:15 PM
I missed you all at Otakon! My friend wanted to get a TMR CD before we stood in line extra-early to get into the concert, but I left to go to cosplay.com and nearly missed it. >_< I'll be there next year and probably Katsucon too. :)

LadyXenie
08-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Misa-chan- I was hoping I'd bump into you. I'll be at Katsu hopefully I'll see ya there ^_^

Misa-chan
08-14-2003, 07:32 PM
OMG, I saw a picture of your costume! I didn't get mine done in time, but we would've been EGL twins ^^ If I don't put it on hold anymore, then I'll be sure to bring it to Katsucon if I can go! :) (which is highly likely)

LadyXenie
08-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Okay :) I hope to see it then. I'm doing another catgirl at Katsu..but it's pretty basic.. It's Yuki in her kimono. I've always wanted a kimono..now's my chance..I wanted to go Full out geisha but I'm still debating on that.

chai_fiend
08-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Okay :) I hope to see it then. I'm doing another catgirl at Katsu..but it's pretty basic.. It's Yuki in her kimono. I've always wanted a kimono..now's my chance..I wanted to go Full out geisha but I'm still debating on that.

whoa! what's there to debate?! that would be amazing if you did a geisha costume. i think you'd look very pretty. go for it! and if you find getas--tell me where you got them.

LadyXenie
08-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Chai_Fiend: Your so nice :)The issues I'm having with the geisha costume..is painted my face and neck. My mom has done it..but my mom is high yellow..I'm a few shades darker than her. She says I can still do it..maybe I'll just lighten and wear really dark makeup. Second issue is the hair..I prefer to have the hair long and down at most tied with a ribbon. Should I stick with the hair down or find a geisha style wig.??

chai_fiend
08-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Chai_Fiend: Your so nice :)The issues I'm having with the geisha costume..is painted my face and neck. My mom has done it..but my mom is high yellow..I'm a few shades darker than her. She says I can still do it..maybe I'll just lighten and wear really dark makeup. Second issue is the hair..I prefer to have the hair long and down at most tied with a ribbon. Should I stick with the hair down or find a geisha style wig.??

yeah the painted face...well you could always do a pre-trial run. do it and see of you're comfortable w/ the way it looks. and if you're not, go to plan B. i think if you you wore the hair down it'd be interesting because you're not sticking w/ the traditional pulled up hair style..if that makes any sense...

LadyXenie
08-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Chai_Fiend
:) That makes perfect sense..I think I'll stick with the hair down and see what happens..or how I like it..Face painting..I guess first time for everything..:)

Ciarathallya
04-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Have ya'll thought about making a black cosplayer or a other ethinicity cosplayer webring? Just a thought.