PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to D*C this year?

Neko_Kaolla
01-24-2005, 04:41 PM
This might be my first year doing this con (my boyfriend wants to take me).

Who else will be going this year? And if you know what you are wearing you can list it, too. I will wear Verona, and maybe Poison Ivy (if I get the chance to make it). The rest I will play by ear.

AniMajor
01-24-2005, 04:52 PM
I'll be going. But, in my mind, it's way to early to be planning for it. Although, I'd like to do a Nox costume from Stargate.

AshleyV
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
I will be there for sure! As to costumes I have a lot in planning. I know for sure that I'm going to be making Christine (my boyfriend will be Phantom), Black Cat, Princess Leia, SeraMyu Jupiter, and Utena.

kelldar
01-24-2005, 05:13 PM
I'll definitely be there, I remembered to register for this year at the con last year for once :D
So far I'm planning Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Mephistopheles from Faust, Polychrome from Oz, Starfire from Teen Titans and maaaybe Padme's black corset dress from Ep II.
who knows if i'll actually do those, of course... :B

reannaremick
01-24-2005, 07:33 PM
I will most definitely be there since it's my 10th consecutive Dragon Con. My list of costumes is wayyyyyyyyyy too long/shaky right now to post. My definites are my original design EGL Alice in Wonderland, Alice from Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse, and one biiiiiiiiiiiig surprise costume that's going to take the better part of 6 months to finish. My head hurts just thinking about it. >.< Anywho, more to come as I finalize the list.

Fyremistress
01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
lll be there with friends and fiance...

ill be there as Poison Ivy, Typhoid Mary, Dawn, Lulu, sugar & spice, dark phoenix and maybe jean grey

the rest will be two face, cyclops,gambit, squall,bullseye, another dawn maybe, emma frost/white queen,rogue,r'aj agouls daughter Thalia, Yuna (undecided which one), Freefall, sugar and spice,tank girl, harley quin,mystique,shiva,reprising her role last year as the blue elf fairy, scarecrow, sephiroth and a random xmen character undecided.

thats all for the five of us :)
yeah 3 for me and my friend laura, 2 for my fiance, and 1 for our friends Emily and Lauras boy David

Hikaruchan
01-25-2005, 12:40 AM
I'll be there. Only things fairly sure will have is a new Dawn for contest, and Crysania if DragonLance group comes together.

Romann
01-25-2005, 02:38 AM
I'll be there!! I'm trying to get my Classic X-Men Storm together for that con. It seems like a lot of fun!

Tia
01-25-2005, 03:10 AM
I'll be there but I have no idea what I'll be wearing. Maybe McGee's Alice if I have it done in time. Otherwise, I might not have anything new for it.

D-Chan
01-25-2005, 07:25 AM
I will definately be there. Already send my con ticket cash out for it. Obviously going as ESMars and I've already brought the matieral to do my Student Rei Hino outfit skirt too. ^_^

Zeruda
01-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I'ma going to be there too with a bunch of freinds from college <3
Only costumes for sure are Samwise, Rock Lee and Kira (From the dark crystal).

Dany
01-25-2005, 11:49 AM
This is on my list! :)

As for costumes? Well, this is going to depend on a couple of things. I know I plan to do the Dawn competition this year. The Masquerade will depend on what's ready and how some other things work out in the next couple of months.

I think everything I've worked on in the last year or so will be going: Mina, Jem, Lotor, D...I think the only one I won't bring is Lucius. The reason for this is 1) he's a VERY difficult costume to travel with, and if D's coming, I can't afford the space, and 2) I'm going to half-retire him (translation: he won't be coming to conventions unless there is a specific reason for it) due to the possibility of having a new Lucius costume once Goblet of Fire comes out.

Will also be spending time at the SO's booth, as it's on his planned list as well *whee!*

deadXXreckoning
01-25-2005, 05:31 PM
This will be my first DragonCon, and either my first or second con ever (might be going to MomoCon in March in Atlanta, but no one seems to know anything about it)! I've decided that I need to either go big or not go at all. I'm going to be a pain in the ass though, and not tell you who it is, because I'm just a jerk like that (and because I don't know if I can pull it off yet). Okay, okay, here's a hint or two: big, bad, blue...ish, "Shall we dance?"

BTW, it's not Papa Smurf.

Dany
01-25-2005, 06:26 PM
This will be my first DragonCon, and either my first or second con ever (might be going to MomoCon in March in Atlanta, but no one seems to know anything about it)! I've decided that I need to either go big or not go at all. I'm going to be a pain in the ass though, and not tell you who it is, because I'm just a jerk like that (and because I don't know if I can pull it off yet). Okay, okay, here's a hint or two: big, bad, blue...ish, "Shall we dance?"

BTW, it's not Papa Smurf.

Darn. If it wasn't for the quote, I'd be like *LotorVoice* "Dad?"

<--is very silly

Dr.Noe
01-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Hmm. . .grrr. . I really really wanna go to DC this year. My only issue is getting a hotel as I checked and noticed they all seem to be fully booked already. We shall see.

reannaremick
01-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Hmm. . .grrr. . I really really wanna go to DC this year. My only issue is getting a hotel as I checked and noticed they all seem to be fully booked already. We shall see.

There should still be rooms in the nearby hotels. While walking is a pain sometimes, and I don't suggest it late at night if you're alone, it's probably the only way.

kelldar
01-26-2005, 09:24 AM
The host hotels aren't full - I called the Marriott just a few hours ago and got a room no problem.

D-Chan
01-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Yeah, someone's just not looking in the right places. I booked mine last year a month before the convention. I opted to do a short ten minute drive to get to the convention every morning and to leave every night but it beat paying like... 2 hundred dollars a night or something as opposed to like... 60? :sulk: Yeah. Anyway look a little harder.

Fyremistress
01-26-2005, 08:48 PM

dont look online. the codes are not valid yet for use. Give the Marriot or Hyatt a call. There are PLENTY of rooms still available.

i almost got tricked by that too.. Usually the rooms are not all booked up until at least march or april.

They got A LOT of floors (take a trip up the marriot elevator when youre there this year and youll see how tall it is- just dont eat before you do it).. and ya figure last year they still had some left to rent out to Evacuees from the hurricane, so they werent booked up even up the event last year.

If you do want to opt for another room, I HIGHLY recomment the Fairfield Marriot( its like two blocks from the hotel down the hill). We stayed there the first year we attended and were welcomed very warmly. Even after getting lost in the ghetto of Atlanta , ending up at the wrong peachtree area, canceling our original reservation(thinking it had been booked in the wrong place), being extremely tired after driving 10 hours, finally getting our reservation reconfirmed, finding the hotel, and then they allowed us to check into our room at 3am in the morning :)
instead of charging us for another night.

Each night was about 80$ a night. huge rooms, great staff, and 10 a day parking :)

good luck!

Dr.Noe
01-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Excellant. Thanks for all the tips. The online thing was the problem. Now, if I can just get a room it's a pretty good chance I'll go! Yay!

Tia
01-27-2005, 09:44 AM
That sounded weird to me, too. I'm glad they aren't booked up yet.

Dany
01-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Same here. I was about to give my SO a very panicked "OMGDRAGONCONISBOOKEDWTFBBQ" email.

Yay for direct calling!

Rave
01-28-2005, 04:20 PM
count me in! it's an annual trip for me and hubby :D

keri1966
01-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I'll be there. I'll be bringing my historical costumes. I got into hat making last year so my costumes will have period style hats now as well.

kitsunered
01-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Of course I'll be there. I haven't missed a D*C since 1998. Dragon is one of the two conventions I make sure I attend every year, and is the big one for me. This year I'll be doing an original Dawn for the contest, a fire fairy/demoness original creation, and Katrina's striped gown from Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hollow". Might throw in a few more hall costumes here and there, but it depends on how much time and money I have. I had almost no costumes last year because a bunch of people requested commissions a couple of weeks before the con and I needed the money. Won't be doing that again. I'm requiring anyone who wants a costume made for D*C have the request in to me no later than the end of July this year.

Not sure where I'm staying yet. I usually prefer the Mariott (because I don't like the Hyatt), but once more it comes down to money. I prefer staying in one of the host hotels simply because of the Dawn contest (I don't like walking down the street wearing really skimpy stuff), but last year I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Andrew Young and didn't have a problem. My only complaint was that it was a bit of a walk, and they didn't have enough parking.

-K

Hikaruchan
01-30-2005, 05:08 PM
I like staying at the Marriott too, but last year didn't have anyone to share with so roomed with my sister at cheaper hotel block & half away. I was doing a please don't rain chant the whole weekend. Lucked out and weather was mostly good - I would have been really mad if it had been pouring buckets as a lot of my costumes and rain would not have mixed well.

Daitenshi
01-31-2005, 12:06 AM
I'll be a sad kitty if I can't make it this year. I really love that con~

sithcamaro
02-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't miss a Dragoncon, if it was the end of the world! :)

Eurobeat King
02-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Kitsunered: I loved your Dawn costume(s) in the contest last year, and I hope I took some nice pictures of you either during or after the contest that you were able to see in my gallery. :)

Daitenshi: I hope you can make it again this year! Oooo.. your photoshoot pics with Admin are up on the main page!! They look awesome!!

I look forward to returning again this year to D-con, and even though I'm happy with the output of pictures I took, I could do better now that I survived my first year.. hehe So probably I won't cosplay this year, as I need my agility to utilize the new strategies I have planned for the con.. :cool: If everything goes right, you just might see a LOT more pictures than I took last year, and that already was a lot for my first year.. :thumbsup: See you all in September!!

TechieCL
02-07-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm definatly going. This will be my 3rd consecutive Dragon-Con and I think 6th total.
Costume-wise, my only confirmed ones so far are: Browncoat Soldier, Carlos (RE:3/RE:Apocalypse).

Hotels, I'm partial to the Marriott. I hate long walks back to the room for food restocking or dropping off purchases (and of course costume changes).

Hellion
02-08-2005, 04:33 PM
This will be my first Dragon*con. I'm looking forward to the Filmmaking and Star Wars tracks. Their guest list is huge and it's only February.

reannaremick
02-08-2005, 06:43 PM
This will be my first Dragon*con. I'm looking forward to the Filmmaking and Star Wars tracks. Their guest list is huge and it's only February.

You think that's huge? .......yeah, this is definitely your first dragon con. Hehe. Trust me.....it gets way WAY bigger. ^_^ Just hang tight.

Dementia
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Count me and El Robio in as per usual

(Dany, i would love to know where you got those contacts as my boyfriend will be needing those for MoonKnight)

Dany
03-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Dementia: The lenses are custom-made full sclerals that I got from 9MMsfx. Pretty much just sent them pictures of Lotor and said "here's what I'm going for!"

I love 'em to death, as they not only are great for Lotor, but for about anything that needs yellow cat/reptile eye lenses :)

There's a pic in my Lotor gallery, in fact, of the lenses out of my eye and in the container. They're test-tube Sauron babies!

Lafiel
03-11-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm going this year :) I went last year and had so much fun. This year hope to have a few more comic costumes :)

Not to sure which anime ones would go over well :)

AngeDeMusique
03-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm going this year with Namine-Chan... it'll be my first con and I'm so excited!! I'm going as songstress Yuna, and she's going as Lenne... We'll also be hunting down any Jack Sparrow's, Edward Scissorhands's, and Tidus's for pictures! ^_^...

fightstar
03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
D*Con is my new years resolution. I wanted to go last year, but because life sometimes gets in the way I couldn't. I hope there is still room at the hotels for resurevations.

Neo Dave
03-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey Dr. Noe! Howz it going? Wanted to let you know I just booked rooms at the Marriott (5 minutes ago). They say that there is plenty of space left. If you check online it may say booked because of the con rooms being blocked off. You're best to call in, which is what I did and say you're going for the con. The Marriott is where all the daytime events will be held so that is the best place to stay. It seems there are two parts to that hotel because they asked if I wanted the PARTY side or the NON-Party side. (Becuase some people actually want to get some sleep) :rolleyes:

It's $150 a night (4 night minimum) But I'd rather book at the Marriott becuase I have a lot of weapons to carry and it might be a little hard to explain running down the street. :jjacks:

I'm so stoked. This will be my first time at DragonCon. I want to take my Ghostbusters, Stargate and Colonial Marine costumes up there, but I don't know how to drag all that stuff up there... :lost:

Dave

Ichigo_Kurosaki
03-16-2005, 07:17 PM
I might be going just like to know how to get there from tennessee PM me directions thanks in advance

Dr.Noe
03-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey Dr. Noe! Howz it going? Wanted to let you know I just booked rooms at the Marriott (5 minutes ago). They say that there is plenty of space left. If you check online it may say booked because of the con rooms being blocked off. You're best to call in, which is what I did and say you're going for the con. The Marriott is where all the daytime events will be held so that is the best place to stay. It seems there are two parts to that hotel because they asked if I wanted the PARTY side or the NON-Party side. (Becuase some people actually want to get some sleep) :rolleyes:

It's $150 a night (4 night minimum) But I'd rather book at the Marriott becuase I have a lot of weapons to carry and it might be a little hard to explain running down the street. :jjacks:

I'm so stoked. This will be my first time at DragonCon. I want to take my Ghostbusters, Stargate and Colonial Marine costumes up there, but I don't know how to drag all that stuff up there... :lost:

Dave

Excellent! I'm so definately there, now. A plan is forming. Oh, and if you're do your GB, I gots an idear to run by ya. And, yeah, I understand the weapon thing, especially with what I'll be unveiling at DC. Maybe we could arrange travel time as well, my brother.

and sleep. . . I do not know this word you speak of.

Dr.Noe
03-19-2005, 08:58 AM

Dave

Excellent! I'm so definately there, now. A plan is forming. Oh, and if you're doing your GB, I gots an idear to run by ya. And, yeah, I understand the weapon thing, especially with what I'll be unveiling at DC. Maybe we could arrange travel time as well, my brother.

and sleep. . . I do not know this word you speak of.

D'oh!. Sorry, I soooooooo didn't mean to double post

Neo Dave
03-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Wassup Doc? Are you planning on getting there Thursday? If so, I need to adjust my vacation time and book a room for that day as well. Right now I'm booked for Friday - Monday. Double beds, on the PARTY floor! Let me know.

fightstar
03-22-2005, 09:29 PM

Dave

I booked my resurvations today at the Marriott for D*Con and I am excited b/c this is my first time going. I think it's interesting, and a bit funny, about the deal with you and the weapons. However, since I am rollin' with the "CobraCares 21st Infantry" and we will have weapons as well it is a good idea that I booked a resurevation at the Marriott.

Now here is the big question I have and forgive me ignorance on this subject for it is my first time coming to Dragon Con or any con for that matter. When is everyone showing up, on thursday Sept 1st or friday Sept 2nd?

Neo Dave
03-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Aren't the CC 21st associated with the 501st?

Well anyways, the other reason is that I'm lazy. :rolleyes:

I have more then one costume so staying in the same hotel makes it easier to change and relax. Plus all the parties go on there and it also makes it easier to pass out. :bigtu:

As I was saying about the weapons policy. I've recently had a run in with the police at the last con I went to :untrust: I had to put my pulse rifle and sidearm away. What did they want me to use "Harsh language"? :thumbsup: Okay, so I had to add that one. They never did tell me to put my resin knife away... Ok, ok, back to the subject. I talked with one of the guys out here with the 501st and they said that there are new laws about carrying replica weapons outside of a con. So running from one hotel to another with guns slung would be sorta out of the question. I would have to carry my gear in duffles. :sulk: Where would I dump those when I get to the con? Maybe I'm just being paranoid and or it's tougher out here on the west coast. Whatever the case may be, I'm going to make it as easy for me as possible.

Since this is a big con it would be smarter to get in on Thursday. Give ya a chance to relax and if possible register early. I shudder to think of the lines Friday for registration. Hope this helps and see you at DC Fightstar!

sarabug
03-23-2005, 02:33 PM
i'll be there! never miss one...no matter what! i've been formulating my official costume list for this year, and it's a doozy as usual! I'll once again be entering the dawn contest of course, along with joie and demmie....i swear ladies, there should be a category for us "classic" contestants! hehehe....the rest of my list is:

ginny weasley seeker uniform
booster gold
oracle
poison ivy
jungle queen julie(from the maxx)
nocker(changeling)
dark phoenix

all but the last two are new costumes...i think i've lost my mind! along with joie though, i learned all about the whole last minute commission mistakes! i'm a total sucker and refuse to let my friends go with bad costumes, so i always end up taking on their projects which kills my time....and then they're my friends, so i can't bring myself to charge them.....so at last dragoncon i made everyone who would want my help tell me then....the only people i'm working on asked me that weekend, everyone else is too late.....i even turned down my roomate.....but i know my limits, and i refuse to be ripping my hair out the night before finishing other people's costumes (i'll still be up and ripping, but at least it will be for my own work!) hehehehe.....i can't believe how early i'm starting this year....i have to spread it out so i can afford it all i guess!

Neo Dave
03-23-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't know if it's been done before, but we should all try and get together at some point and time to hang out. I know Al and Lionel would love to get pics and they are always up for eating. :bigtu: I should probably post this as a seperate thread... Hmm......

fightstar
03-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Aren't the CC 21st associated with the 501st?

Well anyways, the other reason is that I'm lazy. :rolleyes:

I have more then one costume so staying in the same hotel makes it easier to change and relax. Plus all the parties go on there and it also makes it easier to pass out. :bigtu:

As I was saying about the weapons policy. I've recently had a run in with the police at the last con I went to :untrust: I had to put my pulse rifle and sidearm away. What did they want me to use "Harsh language"? :thumbsup: Okay, so I had to add that one. They never did tell me to put my resin knife away... Ok, ok, back to the subject. I talked with one of the guys out here with the 501st and they said that there are new laws about carrying replica weapons outside of a con. So running from one hotel to another with guns slung would be sorta out of the question. I would have to carry my gear in duffles. :sulk: Where would I dump those when I get to the con? Maybe I'm just being paranoid and or it's tougher out here on the west coast. Whatever the case may be, I'm going to make it as easy for me as possible.

Since this is a big con it would be smarter to get in on Thursday. Give ya a chance to relax and if possible register early. I shudder to think of the lines Friday for registration. Hope this helps and see you at DC Fightstar!

Yes, sir! Indeed, sir! :square: You have been most helpful. I look forward to running into you and your friends there at D*Con as well. I just hope it's not tripping over you as you are pass out.

Also it is true that a good majority, not sure how many, of the CC 21st Infantry is of the 501st. These guys and gals have been most helpful to a new comers, like me. Thursday is the day I will be getting to the Marriott and I guess it would be a good idea to order my membership pass online ahead of time as well.

halafax
03-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Ill be there. This is my fifth Con. Ill be going as Atrimes Entrerie, with Drizzt in tow. I will also be doing Grave. It will hard to miss me with either. FOrewarning there is a flock of drow at D*C that are not very nice. But Ill be around, if you want to say hello. Soon as I get my pics up, Ill post them.

fightstar
03-24-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't know if it's been done before, but we should all try and get together at some point and time to hang out. I know Al and Lionel would love to get pics and they are always up for eating. :bigtu: I should probably post this as a seperate thread... Hmm......

HHhhmmmmmm.....where is a good place to eat I wonder. Well you have been to D*Con before so I am sure you have a few ideas. I'll have to get with my friends who are going, the CC 21st, and your crew of folks and meet up. As of this point right now I don't want to make any permenant plans, but drop me a line on this site or IM me. I am on the east coast, i'm a Florida boy, so ajust your time appropriately.

reannaremick
03-24-2005, 10:04 PM
HHhhmmmmmm.....where is a good place to eat I wonder. Well you have been to D*Con before so I am sure you have a few ideas. I'll have to get with my friends who are going, the CC 21st, and your crew of folks and meet up. As of this point right now I don't want to make any permenant plans, but drop me a line on this site or IM me. I am on the east coast, i'm a Florida boy, so ajust your time appropriately.

As far as while IN the con, there's an entire mini shopping mall food court between the two hotels in the skywalk area. And AFTER HOURS there's a tiny tiny cafe where you can buy some pretty tasty premade sandwiches and things like you might find at a convenience store in the Hyatt past the bar towards the restrooms. Most people never even notice it but it's open 24/7 I think (or just really REALLY late) so it's the best place for con-goers looking for a quick bite who don't want to leave the hotels.

For outside the con, I suggest Benihana Japanese Steakhouse. With cons that generally means big groups of friends so it's worth the steakhouse experience and seeing how many of the big tables you can fill up. Plus it's just fantastic food, I love it, and very close to the hotels, within walking distance easily.

Dr.Noe
03-25-2005, 05:26 PM
I booked my resurvations today at the Marriott for D*Con and I am excited b/c this is my first time going. I think it's interesting, and a bit funny, about the deal with you and the weapons. However, since I am rollin' with the "CobraCares 21st Infantry" and we will have weapons as well it is a good idea that I booked a resurevation at the Marriott.

Now here is the big question I have and forgive me ignorance on this subject for it is my first time coming to Dragon Con or any con for that matter. When is everyone showing up, on thursday Sept 1st or friday Sept 2nd?

Hey, Fightstar! Cool you bein' all associated with the 21st. I actually joined the Cobra Cares forum and was looking to get a uniform together to join the CG group. Although, nobody there seems to post very often. Any help?

fightstar
03-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey, Fightstar! Cool you bein' all associated with the 21st. I actually joined the Cobra Cares forum and was looking to get a uniform together to join the CG group. Although, nobody there seems to post very often. Any help?

Well let me see here. This is true that we don't post very often on the site as we probly should. I myself am still going through my right of passage in that I am constructing my first uniform ever. A lot of the details are there on the site as to type of helmet we use, sewing pattern, and other uniform details in reguards to the Cobra "uniform blues". As for other things we have a download section with a PDF of the "step by step" instruction of consructing a uniform coat.

I am still getting the materials together for the Cobra "uniform blues" uniform coat. I don't know who does the patchs now. We use to have a guy do the patchs for use, but, as you know, sometimes life gets in the way.

All I can say is we are working on getting things a little more organized day by day. As with things like cosplay to being a storm trooper this is all done in peoples spare time. For those who have a little spare time it's hard and for those who have little money to spare it is even harder. If you have specific questions on anything drop me a line over at cobracares.com (http://www.cobracares.com) and I will see what I can do.

fightstar
03-25-2005, 10:51 PM
As far as while IN the con, there's an entire mini shopping mall food court between the two hotels in the skywalk area. And AFTER HOURS there's a tiny tiny cafe where you can buy some pretty tasty premade sandwiches and things like you might find at a convenience store in the Hyatt past the bar towards the restrooms. Most people never even notice it but it's open 24/7 I think (or just really REALLY late) so it's the best place for con-goers looking for a quick bite who don't want to leave the hotels.

For outside the con, I suggest Benihana Japanese Steakhouse. With cons that generally means big groups of friends so it's worth the steakhouse experience and seeing how many of the big tables you can fill up. Plus it's just fantastic food, I love it, and very close to the hotels, within walking distance easily.

Hhmmmmmm.....The Japanese Steak house sounds wonderful. Of course the all night sandwich shop sounds great as well. You have been a wonderful and big help. I look forward to reading more of your post and seeing you out there at D*Con.

Dr.Noe
03-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Well let me see here. This is true that we don't post very often on the site as we probly should. I myself am still going through my right of passage in that I am constructing my first uniform ever. A lot of the details are there on the site as to type of helmet we use, sewing pattern, and other uniform details in reguards to the Cobra "uniform blues". As for other things we have a download section with a PDF of the "step by step" instruction of consructing a uniform coat.

I am still getting the materials together for the Cobra "uniform blues" uniform coat. I don't know who does the patchs now. We use to have a guy do the patchs for use, but, as you know, sometimes life gets in the way.

All I can say is we are working on getting things a little more organized day by day. As with things like cosplay to being a storm trooper this is all done in peoples spare time. For those who have a little spare time it's hard and for those who have little money to spare it is even harder. If you have specific questions on anything drop me a line over at cobracares.com (http://www.cobracares.com) and I will see what I can do.

Cool. Well, my only question is, do you know or can you put me in touch with anybody doing the CG. I've looked at everything on CobraCares and will be doing a facesless trooper(albeit a tad fancier). So, since there's probably going to be a billion & 1/2 Cobras at DC (are all the 21st East si-eed?), and who knows how many CGs, I'd kinda like to match as closely as possible.
Thanks.

reannaremick
03-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Hhmmmmmm.....The Japanese Steak house sounds wonderful. Of course the all night sandwich shop sounds great as well. You have been a wonderful and big help. I look forward to reading more of your post and seeing you out there at D*Con.

Glad to be of assistance, if there's one thing I'm a pro at it's attending Dragon Con and believe me I'll be there, unless I'm dead. This is my 10th anniversary, I've been going since I was 11 ^_^ and this year I'm going to have a pretty big roster of costumes, that makes my head spin just thinking about it. Resident Evil Apocalypse Group with me as Alice, Sin City duo with me as Nancy Callahan, Phantom of the Opera Group with me as the Phantom, possibly a woad costume from King Arthur (if I can find that much blue body paint) and a few other minor costumes peppered in here and there like Lady Punisher, Kaylee from Firefly, an original design Alice in Wonderland, Black Cat, Elektra, and maybe maybe if I have time I'll be entering the Dawn lookalike contest for the first time. So you'll probably see me about....9 times and never realize I'm the same person given all my costume changes. Hehe.

Fyremistress
03-26-2005, 10:05 PM
oh yeah benihanas rocks for those nice sit down full meals that you must splurge on at least once...

as seen here... it was funny watching the servers as we all walked in.

gotham villaians give two guns up!

http://www.beautysmirror.com/dcon04/evilbenihana.jpg

fightstar
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
oh yeah benihanas rocks for those nice sit down full meals that you must splurge on at least once...

as seen here... it was funny watching the servers as we all walked in.

gotham villaians give two guns up!

http://www.beautysmirror.com/dcon04/evilbenihana.jpg

Well I guess I'll see you, Sharon, and your friends, Robert and who every else, there at D*Con. Thanks for the Advice on where to get some "Eats and Treats". If anyone else as comments on good places near by to eat, please add to the conversation.

Fyremistress
04-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Well I guess I'll see you, Sharon, and your friends, Robert and who every else, there at D*Con. Thanks for the Advice on where to get some "Eats and Treats". If anyone else as comments on good places near by to eat, please add to the conversation.

ah! omg didnt realize who this was!
scarey scarey small world that this is- cosplay...
you should come cheer for me in the dawn contest :P

Hi! And see you at Dragon con.. if you need any costume/weapon help. Ive got some pros that do stuff up in Tally who are really super.

Eurobeat King
04-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Last year I didn't cosplay but rather concentrated on taking pictures, and I'll do the same this year, but I might cosplay a couple of costumes:

-Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
-Kevin "Sin City" movie
-Danny "Unleashed" (AKA "Danny the Dog") if Lionel can make the collar Jet Li uses in the film in-time for the con.. :bigtu:

PsychoShinji
04-25-2005, 06:09 PM
This will be my first D*con and I cannot wait! ^_^ I'm glad to see that so many cosplay.com-ers are coming. I wanna take this opportunity to use a lot of my "western" fandom cosplays.
I will probably have these costumes:
-Shinji Ikari (Al! ^__^)
-Kevin (bwaha, Al again)
-Frodo (ROTK version)
and HOPEFULLY some more new ones; I am working on a frilly gothic-lolita shinji dress, which I will more likely have at Otakon than D*con. I am going to try (and hopefully not fail) to make the following for D*con: (this is some crazy wishful thinking on my part)
-Robin (teen titans)
-Spider-man
-Raver Frodo, maybe even a Raver-Kevin @_@

fightstar
04-26-2005, 07:57 PM
This will be my first D*con and I cannot wait! ^_^ I'm glad to see that so many cosplay.com-ers are coming. I wanna take this opportunity to use a lot of my "western" fandom cosplays.
I will probably have these costumes:
-Shinji Ikari (Al! ^__^)
-Kevin (bwaha, Al again)
-Frodo (ROTK version)
and HOPEFULLY some more new ones; I am working on a frilly gothic-lolita shinji dress, which I will more likely have at Otakon than D*con. I am going to try (and hopefully not fail) to make the following for D*con: (this is some crazy wishful thinking on my part)
-Robin (teen titans)
-Spider-man
-Raver Frodo, maybe even a Raver-Kevin @_@

Well, after reviewing the photos in your profile I can tell that you will make wonderful Robin. I was thinking more of a Raven personally, but whatever floats your boat.

Maybe I could use your, as well as everyone else's, help on this thread here (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=58487) . I need some help on who to cosplay. I have plans for other costumes, but need help from others. The pictures of me are of myself in a Japanese school uniform. I don't look like any of the anime characters that I know of who where school uniforms so that one maybe a little hard. So what are your thoughts.

Majin_Jedi
04-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Hello to everyone....

I'm not quite sure how this stuff works.... This is my first time to this website...and i'm not to familiar with forums but... I just know im going to the dragoncon thingy in atlanta and I wanna go as the great Saiyaman... I figured maybe I can come here to ask questions as to where you are all going to go and have your costumes made or make em....

I know alot about downtown atlanta (where the event is going to be held). I go to college so very close to the location.... I know alot of places to eat there and stuff to do in case you get disorientated. This event is almost in the heart of atlanta...

Well I suppose I can answer questions you guys have on the site if you can help me with my costume stuff and helping me adapt to this stuff... I tried to go online and have ppl make my costume but they didnt know what saiyaman is....

Umm.... okay im going to stop for now becuase....i still dunno if im doing this posting thingy right.... Well ehh.... hope to hear from all of you ppl...or just a few .... maybe even 1 eh?

Dr.Noe
04-30-2005, 09:34 AM
lll be there with friends and fiance...

ill be there as Poison Ivy, Typhoid Mary, Dawn, Lulu, sugar & spice, dark phoenix and maybe jean grey

the rest will be two face, cyclops,gambit, squall,bullseye, another dawn maybe, emma frost/white queen,rogue,r'aj agouls daughter Thalia, Yuna (undecided which one), Freefall, sugar and spice,tank girl, harley quin,mystique,shiva,reprising her role last year as the blue elf fairy, scarecrow, sephiroth and a random xmen character undecided.

thats all for the five of us :)
yeah 3 for me and my friend laura, 2 for my fiance, and 1 for our friends Emily and Lauras boy David

Greetings, Fyremistress. I noticed from your group list you seem to be absent a Joker. If'n ya don't have one by DC (& want one) I'd be happy to bust out my clown prince. Just lemme know.

a-tastic
05-02-2005, 12:10 AM
last year was my first and i learned lots, the first being that preregistration is a good, good thing. i need to get around to that, and hotel reservations...because i'm a total nerd, i already started working hard on my costumes, and i'm wondering-- is anybody else going to be donned in Venture Brothers, Sleepy Hollow, wonka-esque or Napoleon dynamite garb? if so, let me know and we can have many a photo op!
whew! back to the sewing machine...

Darth Takeo
05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Team Takeo has switched gears and decided to do Dragon*Con this year! It's our first time and we're looking forward to it!

:bigtu:

Yukizilla
05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I should be going. Depends on if mum wants to give me an early b-day pres. I'm only going on Saturday though. And I dunno what cosplay I'll be wearing.

fightstar
05-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Team Takeo has switched gears and decided to do Dragon*Con this year! It's our first time and we're looking forward to it!

Awsome! Glad to have you all with us. This is my first Convention of any kind so it should be fun. I am glad to see so many people interested in going. So what does your group of folks hope to cosplay as during D*Con?

:square:

Darth Takeo
05-04-2005, 06:30 AM
Awsome! Glad to have you all with us. This is my first Convention of any kind so it should be fun. I am glad to see so many people interested in going. So what does your group of folks hope to cosplay as during D*Con?

:square:
We have a few different ambitions at this point. Some are from Star Wars, others from Batman... We've got other ideas but they are still on the drawing board.

What about you? (Sorry if you mentioned already but I haven't gone back through this thread...)

fightstar
05-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Well, I have many costumes/uniforms planned. There is the Cobra Trooper outfit I am now contructing (see cobracares.com for details), crazy 88 Johnny Mo, Japanese school boy/Cromartie High, and last, but not least, is a Ninja cosplay.

Not to bad of an ambition for me first Con ever. On a few of these costumes I still need a few items which means I still have money to spend :( but that's how it goes. I'll keep you and everyone else updated as I go.

reannaremick
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Well due to the fact I might be PAing this year, my costume list has been cut down dramatically. Now it's looking like Kaylee, Zoe, Inara, and Helen from Firefly during the daytime, and Nancy Callahan from Sin City, The Phantom from Phantom of the Opera, Alice from Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse and night. I'm still trying to decide on the 4th nighttime one, but it'll probably be my original design Alice in Wonderland costume. I usually do 3 or more a day, but I'm gonna have to cut it back this year probably. :(

SolarVortex
05-05-2005, 11:21 AM
This year will make the first year that I will be finally attending DragonCon (as I have been attempting to for about a five year stretch- last year I ALMOST got to go, but the hurrican that blazed through Orlando ruined those chances.)

I will have a little Excel Saga group going- I as Excel Excel.
The Mimiru chick in my photo secontion as Hyatt.
And some guy I grabbed up at a different con who was dressed as Tetsu from PeaceMaker to be our Lord Ilpalazo. ^.^

I am very much excited about Dragon Con.

fightstar
05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
This year will make the first year that I will be finally attending DragonCon (as I have been attempting to for about a five year stretch- last year I ALMOST got to go, but the hurrican that blazed through Orlando ruined those chances.)

I will have a little Excel Saga group going- I as Excel Excel.
The Mimiru chick in my photo secontion as Hyatt.
And some guy I grabbed up at a different con who was dressed as Tetsu from PeaceMaker to be our Lord Ilpalazo. ^.^

I am very much excited about Dragon Con.

Awsome, glad to hear that you will FINALLY get to go. This will be my first con to. I'm from Florida myself, Tallahassee, and yes I do know the word Hurrican. Although we where not hit by the Hurrican last year we felt the pain of our fellow Floridians who did. Anywho, keep on keeping on so we all can go and meet up at D*Con this year!

Koumori
05-14-2005, 11:55 AM
I'll be there. I have no idea what I'll be wearing, but at the very least, I will probably have Ted ("Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure"), Setsuka from Soul Calibur 3, and likely Ardis from "Knights of the Old Republic 2."

Nevernaut
05-15-2005, 01:17 AM
I'll be there, it my Bat-suit, with my girlfriend as Catwoman. And possibly a Poison Ivy, Joker, Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing and Riddler. Maybe. If they can get their costumes together.

I may bring the Angel Puppet back out, since Joss Whedon is going to be there. Maybe I can get him to sign the puppet's jacket...

I'm going to see if I can't finish my NEW X-MEN-style leather jacket in time to wear as well. If I can get that bad boy together, I may be Wolverine as well.

Appearently, I reserved the gang's hotel rooms in the Marriot Marquis just days before they were all booked up. Pays to plan ahead, I guess.

Skullez
05-17-2005, 01:44 PM
i dono i might go but im not sure. depends on my money and how much time i have. i most likely will but i need to find something to cosplay =T.T= !

The_Balrog
05-18-2005, 11:17 AM
I'll be there for my third year right before Dec Graduation. What a gift! I'll be the Balrog again (third year for her), You Know Who, and a Dawn entry. A busy year...but still no Lord of the Rings people. We'll see. I found a spare room someone had that didn't need it, So SCORE! Oh and the Marriott is booked with a waiting list.

Ruby-Chan
05-19-2005, 12:56 AM
well i've got some friends that i can room with this year so if my finance go alright i should be going. no clue what i am going to cosplay yet.

Kimiko
05-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I'll be there, and so far I've only agreed to join the Dawn look-alike craziness (ok, it was more like me going "I'm doing this, Period!). :) Any other costumes are still up in the air. I'm really excited too, this'll be my first year at D*C!

Trowa Strife
05-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I'll be there with a Final Fantasy VII/ Advent Children Cosplay Group ( If anyone will help me get one together, so far there is me as AC cloud and Mocha as AC Tifa.)

Fyremistress
06-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Greetings, Fyremistress. I noticed from your group list you seem to be absent a Joker. If'n ya don't have one by DC (& want one) I'd be happy to bust out my clown prince. Just lemme know.

well we have a joker, Pyynk from Atlanta. But we had some awesome pictures last year of the two harley quinns and him, so the more the character.. the more the fun!!
were staying in the hyatt, probably floor 2, so at least we may see you there!!!
*or just look for the dawn with the huge feather crown on :P that will be me :)*

RobTheStampede
06-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I will be there ^_^ I will be cosplaying red x from teen titans, terry bogard from fatal fury , Alucard from hellsing and i think there might be one more in there wooo dragoncon is sooo awesome last year was my first year and i had a blast

Eurobeat King
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Yayyy! Even though there's like 70+ days til Dragoncon, I figured I might as well get my airline tickets out of the way, and I did.. Sooo it looks I'll be going for my 2nd Dragoncon in a row! :D I'll be there Friday morning after 7:30am, and will probably take the underground LightRail system to the hotel, so I should be there around 8:30am. I know it usually starts off slowly for the con, but I'll be ready for cosplayers, especially when it'll pick up later..

See you all in September!! :thumbsup:

Yummi Sushi
06-21-2005, 04:24 AM
I will be doing some Buffy stuff. Dark Willow for sure. Either Buffy or Fred, depending on my hair color at the time. I may be doing Fuu from Samarai Champloo, as well. It will be my first costume to sew....we'll just have to see how that turns out--wish me luck! ^_^;;

dagmarus
06-21-2005, 07:50 PM
I'll be there. I've got 5 costumes planned.

Aragorn (many different forms)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (EpIII)
SWAT (with the girlfriend doing one to accompany me, odds are we'll got the "HEY! YOU'RE MR AND MRS. SMITH")
Christian from the end of Moulin Rouge (when he's all beardy and drunk and crying over his typewriter)
and finally, a suprise one. My friends know about it, but I'll be curious to see how many people get it.

Darth Takeo
06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Yayyy! Even though there's like 70+ days til Dragoncon, I figured I might as well get my airline tickets out of the way, and I did.. Sooo it looks I'll be going for my 2nd Dragoncon in a row! :D I'll be there Friday morning after 7:30am, and will probably take the underground LightRail system to the hotel, so I should be there around 8:30am. I know it usually starts off slowly for the con, but I'll be ready for cosplayers, especially when it'll pick up later..

See you all in September!! :thumbsup:
See ya there brotha!

fightstar
06-24-2005, 12:00 PM
only 69 days left till D*CON!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you all. Keep working hard and save those sick days.

katrinastrife
06-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Neko_Kaolla, you're going to DragonCon?! Crazy...

I'm going to try my damndest to finish Lau and/or Kuja. Leaning towards Lau. X_X

fightstar
07-04-2005, 02:50 PM
59 days until D*Con. Just in case you where wondering or haven't been to dragoncon.org lately. Other than that, I got nothin'.....

stargate_84
07-04-2005, 03:24 PM
W00t!! Can't wait till DCon. I'll be there all week this year!!!

AshleyV
07-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Holy crap! I gotta get my butt in gear and get ready. I still have no idea what all I'm bringing.

Fyremistress
07-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh that happy time of the year is SOOO close!

everyone else getting all excited?

finishing or starting costumes?

come on.. less than 2 months left! Lets get this forum active again :)

HuongStar
07-05-2005, 12:17 PM
It looks like my boyfriend and I will be at Dragon*con this year! I'm excited because I know what to expect now...

EDIT: Just bought our tickets so no backing out now! :bigtu:

fightstar
07-08-2005, 10:37 PM

w00t!!!.....that's all I have for now. More later. Now, I have to prepare for a hurricane.

:eeek:

Yummi Sushi
07-08-2005, 11:54 PM
w00t!!!.....that's all I have for now. More later. Now, I have to prepare for a hurricane.

:eeek:
Me too, Fightstar, me too! Although I'm sure Florida is going to get it rougher than us, I live pretty close to the Gulf Coast, and am having to watch the updates to see what it's going to do. Good luck to you and stay safe!

fightstar
07-09-2005, 12:08 AM
First off, thank you and I will keep safe. Second, I am from and live in Florida. Tallahassee to be exact and yeah if it blows a litte to the east the eye of the hurrican it could head right for us. Anyway, I will stay glued to the reports and stay safe. ;)

JiggyJigen
07-10-2005, 03:52 AM
im going, and bringing a friend who's never been to any sort of con, nor has she really cosplayed, but shes a ham, and seems into it all, especially being nerdy and in public at once. so far im having issues picking which costumes are coming with me, some of it depends on my friend, choices right now are looking like: Kevin (sin city, hoping to get my friend to do gayle), Johnathan Crane (batman), draco malfoy (my most infamous, of harry potter), mad eye moody (harry potter), mike teavee (catcf, my friend would be augustus), and a few other random ones. looks like draco is a definitie, cuz i get a lot of fan draw on that (i swear i get comments when im out of costume too O_o). look fer draco with the golden snitch in his mouth, thats me. lol.

a-tastic
07-13-2005, 11:23 AM

heck yes, let's get the thread kickin' again!! :jjacks:

i just finished my dawn costume, my yuuko costume, and my katrina van tassel. :bigtu:
now it's time to move on to those pesky commissions for my friends.
i'm totally jazzed for september, although my friends and i had to get a room at the days inn rather than the mariott. they never had any openings there...

AshleyV
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
I have so much work to do! I swear I'll get it all done in time. I have one of my friends helping me out with the pinning and cutting of fabric/patterns (espically since most of the outfits are for him). I have to get more fabric sometime this weekend.

reannaremick
07-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Here's my updated costume list, I might be adding one more too, but it's one I'm getting as a gift from someone else so I might not get it in time. Anyway, here's the current roster (yes I'm crazy and no I never sleep):

Kaylee from Firefly (90%)
Zoe from Firefly (50%)
Inara from Serenity {the Firefly movie}(25%)
The Phantom as Red Death from The Phantom of the Opera (30%)
Alice from Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse (90%)
Nancy Callahan from Sin City (50%)
Alice original design from Alice in Wonderland (complete)
Human Chessboard original design (75%)
Main Character (nameless because it's an RPG) from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (50%) {yes I know he's naked from the waist up - I'm working on a solution}

AmazonMandy
07-13-2005, 07:47 PM
As far as i know, i should have my Plavalaguna (from the Fifth Element) done well before then, and i will have a Leeloo cause i do NOT want to wear the Diva more than one day...its an undertaking.

I may also do Jokergirl for a day, dunno though. ^_^ can't wait!

Fyremistress
07-13-2005, 11:04 PM
*pant pant*

costumes.. almost done..

Valkyrie Dawn (waiting on armor from chaplinleather.com)
Rogue from Xmen (just waiting on the stuff to come in)
Poison Ivy- waiting on tights
Typhoid Mary- just need to do the shoulder armor
Spice from Batman- done

might throw in one more, but dunno yet.

not much time!!

a-tastic- which dawn are you doing??

a-tastic
07-14-2005, 06:07 PM
*pant pant*

costumes.. almost done..

Typhoid Mary- just need to do the shoulder armor

a-tastic- which dawn are you doing??

typhoid mary rules! :bigtu:

i'm doing the dawn from the cover of three tiers limited 3, with the shiny flesh coloured dress and corset. making the sleeves with full coverage gloves and inserting all the metal hoops was all kinds of fun and a total learning experience! i'm just gonna be jazzed to be in the contest. i've never done it before! :jjacks:

fightstar
07-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Work, yes, work everyone! Work your passion loose on the cloth and armor to show everyone your l33t cosplaying ski1lz. I have my Japanese School boy/Cromartie uniform done. Just need to decide to wear an afro wing and grow out my beard and mustash or not. I also have another uniform I am building which will get me in on marching in the parade. More on that later.

40+ days until Dragon Con. Buy vitamins and all the cloth you need to make it to and through Dragon Con everyone. LAter ;) !!!!

tabbybunhead
07-17-2005, 08:17 AM
i'm doing the dawn from the cover of three tiers limited 3, with the shiny flesh coloured dress and corset. making the sleeves with full coverage gloves and inserting all the metal hoops was all kinds of fun and a total learning experience! i'm just gonna be jazzed to be in the contest. i've never done it before! :jjacks:[/QUOTE]

Hope to see ya in the contest.

My costume will be a lot simpler than yours,but it should be a fun contest.

If you see a unusually broad shouldered dawn dressed similar to her costume in the picture 9 to 5,that will be me.

scandia
07-17-2005, 08:58 AM
I am debating on going. But just for the Young Adult Literature track. I am a librarian and thus quite interested in the subject. It would be more of a professional convention that I would attend and less of a hobby gathering. I will try to make a costume out of one of the books I like.

The problem is, I am already attending AWA later that month. So I do not know if I will be able to take two trips to Atlanta in such a small time span.

CreativeGuy
07-18-2005, 10:33 AM
I should be there. I might have posted that aleady ha ha. Really looking forward to it.

fightstar
07-23-2005, 11:09 PM
40 more days until Dragon Con!!!!!!!!! Yes, I am counting down the days until my first con. Can you blame me?

TheWickedOne
08-01-2005, 07:43 PM
i'll be at the con, with a pretty big selection of x-men, if you see cyclops, let me know, cuz that'll be me... :drink:

QueenAleta
08-01-2005, 11:25 PM
I'll be there as Lum this year. Possibly one or two other costumes as well.