PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night?

Jaina Solo
01-25-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm curious to know what people's plans are for Thursday/night. I'm aware that the convention doesn't start until Friday, but are we allowed to scout out the hotel Thursday and familiarize ourselves with the place? I've seen the gathering spots, but I've no idea where they are in relation to the hotel, and I'm sure I'll be on such an otaku high Friday that I won't be able to focus enough to find my way around the hotel, LoL...

YamiMegumi
01-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Im coming that day. Around 2

Kokuu
01-25-2005, 07:58 PM
I think I might be coming, since so far it looks like I can skip my Friday classes- I'll know for sure tomorrow. I really don't want to have to drive through LA traffic on a Friday afternoon and I'm scheduled to stay in the hotel on Thursday night, so why not?

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm curious to know what people's plans are for Thursday/night. I'm aware that the convention doesn't start until Friday, but are we allowed to scout out the hotel Thursday and familiarize ourselves with the place? I've seen the gathering spots, but I've no idea where they are in relation to the hotel, and I'm sure I'll be on such an otaku high Friday that I won't be able to focus enough to find my way around the hotel, LoL...

Well, you could go down to the hotel right now... it's not going to change that much once we move in... All the action is happening at the Plaza Tower end of the property (the north end), so you could stop by tomorrow morning or afternoon, park on Valjean, go through the gate and take a look at the gathering places.

But to answer your question (what are people's plans), my plans are to go to the hotel at 3pm and help unload the con suite van. (Kris has a bad back, so we need all the help we can get moving the soda and chips and so forth in from the car.) We also will be moving furniture around to get the dealers' rooms ready; they've been told they can move in at 6pm.

After everything's set up that we can set up on Thursday, and once we've picked up our Artist Guest of Honor & Special Guest at the airport, I'll be taking the guests of honor out to dinner (burgers and milkshakes, probably). Volunteers who are interested in tagging along can meet us there (and pay their own way, of course) -- we'll have directions at the con suite.

Rogue Marvel
01-25-2005, 08:06 PM
I know a bunch of people from IE are going to be hanging out and playing games and watching movies in our rooms.

I'll now be around, but I'll be a bit of a gimp since I messed up my arm. Lucky the splint comes off so I can still do photos, but yeah

party thursday!