PDA

View Full Version : Now the Countdown really begins.

Studmaster
07-08-2002, 01:14 AM
Its 10:00 in California. The big "industry" Con has ended. And now we're 18 days away from the big "Fan" Con and the biggest con on the East Coast.

Otakon.

For the next 18 days, lets make this thread the big countdown thread. Were we post anything from Costume Pictures. To Money we're going to spend. Or even a meeting time for all the Members of Cosplay. com.

Lets get to it. :)

Rosiel
07-08-2002, 12:13 PM
I just got back home from Expo and this thread is already making me stress about Otakon... O_O

If I wasn't so jetlagged, I'd be running around like a headless chicken. O_O

Studmaster
07-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Sorry Rosiel. I understand very well how it is to be jetlagged, but the anticpation is making me hyper with excitement too. I just made this thread to help curb that excitment and have a place to talk about it and release some of that pressure we may all have at this con.

So how was Anime Expo for you guys? I hope you had fun.

kelldar
07-08-2002, 01:39 PM
oh my god, only 18 days?! o_o;;;;;

pookie-kun
07-08-2002, 02:42 PM
*runs to reserve his airline tickets @.@*

Rosiel
07-08-2002, 03:05 PM
> I just made this thread to help curb that excitment and have a place to talk about it and release some of that pressure we may all have at this con.

LOL Stressing together (or anticipating for some) is so much more fun! I remember the sewing procrastination thread for AX, it was fun to whine to other cosplayers in the same situation...

So... er... make us feel excited so we can work on our cosplay with enthusiasm! LOL

Lady
07-08-2002, 09:21 PM
*eyes swirl* I have to finish my costume and parts of my friend's costume by the 18th so I'll have time to mail them out to her house before I fly out there and we all drive down to Otakon....and my sewing machine is sucking so I have to hand sew my Emeralda boots! I need more time! Time, I say!

-Lady, freaking out and wishing she hadn't procrastinated

Studmaster
07-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Lady
*eyes swirl* I have to finish my costume and parts of my friend's costume by the 18th so I'll have time to mail them out to her house before I fly out there and we all drive down to Otakon....and my sewing machine is sucking so I have to hand sew my Emeralda boots! I need more time! Time, I say!

-Lady, freaking out and wishing she hadn't procrastinated

Ah man, it seems like we all get hit with the procrasination bug, and it makes us rush at the last minute.

Don't worry Lady, it should be okay, as long as you work towards it. Just don't take on too much too fast.

Hope to see you there.

So how is everyone's Hotel arrangements going?

Izam3
07-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Izam3 here

Ladies and Gentlemen this is the main event. *clears throat* LETS GET READY TO COOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSPPPPPLLLLLLLAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!! !!. Man I've always wanted to say that. Wow I'm so ready to go back to Otakon this summer and hopefully meet all of you there. My camera is ready to take pictures of cosplayers and guests of the con. Gosh I'm ready to do some cosplay and waiting to see your costumes. Well until then talk to you all soon and see you there.

Take care,

Izam3

ElfEater
07-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Wow Otakon is too close. I havent even started on my costumes. -_- I have 4 comissions to finish, then I'll have to worry about mine! Graaagh!

Rosiel
07-09-2002, 10:20 AM
> I have to finish my costume and parts of my friend's costume by the 18th so I'll have time to mail them out to her house before I fly out there and we all drive down to Otakon....

Or you could do what I did... jet-lagged, dragging myself home from a red-eye flight and over-Expo-ed... I said to hell with cosplay. LOL Cut out one of my planned Otakon outfits, replaced one with an easier version, and might drop yet another...

People will complain, but my sanity comes first. ^___^

I hope you make it in time, but if not, don't stress, there is always a way to compromise without the outfit looking horrible.

Jibrille
07-09-2002, 04:18 PM
seeing "18 days" (though its 17 now) in writing just knocked a couple years off my life... and i havnt even procrastinated. O.o
but i shall fight on!!! ... and get beatrix and my..uh..other costume ...and my friends costume...FINISHED IN GOOD TIME!!!!! HAR HAR!

and yes... SANITY ALWAYS comes first. ^^ though i almost think my bank account should... O.o;;

rayechu
07-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Ack. I knew it was close but I didn't realize that close! and my sewing machine is being a pos. The bottom of the stitches keeps coming out extra thready and the bobbin is getting tangeled.

Studmaster
07-09-2002, 05:35 PM
With all this costume talk. I wonder if the costume I comission back in April is done yet.

I plan to be going as Sesshoumaru from Inu Yasha on Saturday if anyone wants to know.

Jibrille
07-09-2002, 09:44 PM
rayechu... that is one of two problems. lack of tension or it might be jumping off of the tension track. mine has been jumping out of the track a lot lately... track jumping seems the most likely issue- sounds exactly like what mine does... and ya have to pull all that clogged thread out of where it comes up from the bobbin... such a pain... -.-;;;

oh i'm so nervous about these costumes! but in the excited way. ^^;

Lady Somairot
07-09-2002, 11:59 PM
*growl* I'M PISSED OFF!

>_<

*hold scissors next to costume* try sucking blood out of THIS, carmila!!!! *ROAR* @_@ i hate you, stinky costume!!!

>_< i'm about ready to cut my carmila to itty bitty bits. *pout* stupid arm poufs have become the bane (sp?) of my existence. i'm ready to just throw a piece of red fabric over my head and say "LOOOK you guys!! I'm Carmila!!!" and do a little dance.

and shake my butt. a lot. but not in a sexy way, just cos it's fun. *pout* and i can't even Dance Dance to let out my frustration because my allergies have set a record HIGH for PISSING ME OFF all day (I SWEAR i must have sneezed 30-something times today!!!).

soooo, if you see a tattered Carmila at Otakon, yep. that'd be me, and that'd be because of today. o_O *roar*

*runs away with scissors* <<< don't try this at home >>>

Melchior
07-10-2002, 12:59 AM
Hey Ms. Somariat!

I knew i recognized your picture. I met you last year at Otakon. I was the 'other' plugsuit Shinji there. How's it going?

Studmaster
07-10-2002, 02:46 AM
Lady Somariot: Relax...It'll be okay. Relax. Breathe. It'll all be okay, and it would be a shame if you tore up that costume too, since if I think it is who I think it is. I would love to see you in it.

16 More Days. Good thing I have Summer School to pass the time.

arisuchan
07-10-2002, 06:39 PM
hey Melchior, Hopefully you remember me, I was the Shinji in plug suit that was with Somairot last year. I'm glad you're at the board. I take it you're going to Otakon this year??? Are you bring Shinji again?? We could have a plug suit reunion *^^*

Melchior
07-10-2002, 10:19 PM
Hahha! Wow all of you are here! This is pretty cool. Sorry but we wont be bringing those costumes this year, because I dont feel like dyeing my hair again and my girlfriend wouldn't be Rei again for a long long time. This year we're doing characters from Inuyasha, and that's enough for one con ^^; We'll look for you though!

I do have some pictures of you guys at http://www.lc3nga.net/otakon2k1 if you want them!

Jibrille
07-10-2002, 10:42 PM
wow, this is like a reunion message board... lol
glad to see my small world theory in action once again. heh heh

i cant wait to wear ritsuko once more! ^^ hopefully arisuchan will be my shinji again. ^^

rayechu
07-11-2002, 12:28 AM
yes. I am going to take the whole darn thing apart and try putting it back together. And hope it works ok.

Lady Somairot
07-11-2002, 01:21 AM
*meef*! I doo remember yooou! My hair was long back in the day... ^_^ hooray for reunions! I'm wearing Asuka at least on Sunday, so if you see me or I see you, don't be a stranger. ^_~

Ja!

Lady Somairot
07-11-2002, 01:24 AM
oh. and just to let you know....

i haven't ripped up my carmila costume... *deep sigh of relief*

those stupid sleeve poufs *grumble grumble* are almost finished and no longer making me hate small rabbits and the sounds of children laughing and playing in the sunshine.

o_O

^_^

arisuchan
07-11-2002, 01:30 AM
Yes we definately all have to get together at some point during the con. It would be much fun *^^* I'm feeling a lot better about this con as I near completion of my Chi costume and that Carmilla's arm poofs are actually working. Things are shapeing up *^^*

Oh forgot to add this before, I did have one pic of us in our plug suits
http://www.rosebride.com/kac/ota_shinjix2.jpg

Melchior
07-11-2002, 01:40 AM
Ya i was checking out your site and happened to see that one. I just hated the fact that the tacking on the chest armor kept breaking on mine. I made sure it wouldnt for Ohayocon though. We didnt even GET to the con until like 430 last year on Saturday because we were all finishing our costumes in the hotel room =P

But ya, watch for me on Saturday. I'll be leaving around 130 Sunday with our group, so I prolly wont see you as Asuka =/ :

http://www.lc3nga.net/inuyasha/teaser.jpg

Treacherous_B
07-11-2002, 02:09 AM
Wow...my first con is so close I can feel it. Feel it in MY HEAD!

I've been stressing out MAX as of late. Two weeks away and my costume still isn't finished. Grr...accursed lack of experience.

But, despite the stress that comes with the inevitable countdown, I am looking forward to Otakon, although I will feel a bit out of place. Hopefully being around people just like my friends will help soften the blow.

I think I'll just hide the whole time, eh heh...

Melchior
07-11-2002, 02:25 AM
Don't stress B. Cons are not a workplace. If your costume isnt done, finish what you can and bring it with you, you can always do the final touches in your hotel room, or as a last resort, between that con and your next con.

No one is going to care if your costume doesnt have the exact details to it or is missing a few parts, what matters is that you're enjoying what you're doing. If you're stressing over it maybe you should consider taking a break or relaxing a bit and then coming back to your work and preparations.

Good luck anyhoo though!

forte-mari
07-11-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Melchior
Don't stress B. Cons are not a workplace. If your costume isnt done, finish what you can and bring it with you, you can always do the final touches in your hotel room, or as a last resort, between that con and your next con.

No one is going to care if your costume doesnt have the exact details to it or is missing a few parts, what matters is that you're enjoying what you're doing. If you're stressing over it maybe you should consider taking a break or relaxing a bit and then coming back to your work and preparations.

Good luck anyhoo though! ]

This will be what I look at if I get stuck on Billy.

Rosiel
07-11-2002, 09:21 AM
I finally started working on a panic-costume for Otakon (since I REFUSE to wear my AX costumes again, they were way too uncomfortable in the LA heat and Baltimore is worse)! Now if I can get it done in time I'll be extremely happy. Maybe I should set deadlines for myself... ?

> No one is going to care if your costume doesnt have the exact details to it or is missing a few parts, what matters is that you're enjoying what you're doing.

Well that's not exactly true. Some people /will/ care, but what is important is whether /you/ care.

My problem is that /I/ care. I'm anal-retentive about details, and need to count the number of eyelets on the side of the my character's pants tonight. I wouldn't want to eyeball it and get the count wrong. ^___^

So the idea is to decide what level of detail you can live with, and too bad for what other people may think.

Studmaster
07-11-2002, 11:30 AM
Lady S: That's good to hear. ^_^

So this is what I have to look forward to when I start project Katsucon (going to make my first costume) this fall. Oh boy, I can't wait.

I would definetely down for a Cosplay.com gathering at Otakon. What does everyone say to 4:00 PM on Friday?

Lady Somairot
07-11-2002, 11:59 AM
..what time does opening ceremonies begin....? (just wouldn't want a conflict)

and personally, I'd rather do a big meeting on Saturday, but that's just me... usually by then everyone has arrived and stuff...
*shrugs*

Studmaster
07-11-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Lady Somairot
..what time does opening ceremonies begin....? (just wouldn't want a conflict)

and personally, I'd rather do a big meeting on Saturday, but that's just me... usually by then everyone has arrived and stuff...
*shrugs*

Hmmm...Doesn't say on the site...Damn.

Alright then, we'll do this the Democratic way, because I really don't care when we meet. So lets pick a time that's best for the most people.

arisuchan
07-11-2002, 04:46 PM
personally I would go with Saturday too. That way everyone is there and has the big costumes on.... that is just my humble opinion.

though my true humble opinion is that I should be sewing right now not at the computer*^^*

almost con time!

Melchior
07-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Saturday is also good for me, as far as I know. I just have to 'convince' the people with me to come with me ;) Do there happen to be any lone Sesshou-marus or Shippou-chans reading? If so we're gonna 'borrow' you. :D

Rosiel
07-11-2002, 06:34 PM
Well Saturday you have to make sure it won't conflict with people regg'ing for the cosplay... and going through craftmanship etc.

Other than that it's a fine idea.

Lady Somairot
07-11-2002, 07:54 PM
*twiddles fingers like Mr. Burns* well... things are stinky then! >_< cos people have costume contest things to do on Friday as well as Saturday... maybe early afternoon Saturday??

*runs away to go work on her DAMNED sleeves!* ^_~

Studmaster
07-11-2002, 11:13 PM
Well, I guess I'll be left out of all the Cosplay goodness. I offically have no costume due to no one's fault, but miscommunication. :hafha:

Oh well, I'm still coming and I want to mee you all, even though I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb. (I will have a costume for Katsucon in 2003, I promise)

Well, seeing that Cosplay Regristation and all that takes up a lot of the day.....The best thing I can suggest is meeting up in the morning before everything starts (10 AM - 1 PM)

Lady Somairot
07-12-2002, 12:51 AM
you should still be in a happy dappy picture! costume or not, you're still in the happy dappy cosplay family!!! *hugs*

now get over here. ^_^

rayechu
07-12-2002, 03:50 AM
goes whenever melchior goes. hehe I hope someone wants a "sit" picture.

Studmaster
07-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Lady Somairot
you should still be in a happy dappy picture! costume or not, you're still in the happy dappy cosplay family!!! *hugs*

now get over here. ^_^

Awwww...Thank you *hugs* If you want me too. I'll still take pictures with you all, I'll be glad to.

*Goes over there*

rayechu
07-13-2002, 12:59 AM
thinks we should take pics the last 20 mins of Sat.. then everyone is in costume but not missing anything.. right?

Lady Somairot
07-13-2002, 01:18 AM
O.O

^_^ sounds goodly to me! *nods* how terribly logical! ^_~

Melchior
07-13-2002, 01:20 AM
Somariat you should wear Asuka on Saturday too. It's a cool costume. :D Plus I'm sure it's done this year instead of still pinned like it was last year, so I wanna get more pics
;)

arisuchan
07-13-2002, 01:46 AM
I think late Saturday night sounds perfect *^^* good suggestion! Anytime after the competition would be goodly, since I'm actually in it this time.... not nervous about that at all. reeeaaaalllly I'm not *nervous smile*

rayechu
07-13-2002, 02:44 AM
lol... so what time did I suggest anyways? is it like 10 or like 2?

Rosiel
07-13-2002, 09:05 AM
> thinks we should take pics the last 20 mins of Sat..

Speaking for those of us in HIGHLY uncomfortable costumes which would most likely not fit in the room to watch the cosplay anyway...

I don't think this is a good idea.

I, for one, as either Miguel or Rosiel, can't last that long. ; ____ ;

Jibrille
07-13-2002, 09:17 PM
i care not if jibrille turns out to be slightly (or horribly) uncomfortable or not... i wll be in that thing till i pass out late saturday night. ^^;
after all the work and almost $200 i'm gonna freakin live in it! lol!!

Saturday seems to definitly be the best day though.
its kinda a shame costume judging takes so much time.. and makes meeting so complicated O.o but i am sure it will be figured out... i know however it ends up me, arisuchan, and Lady Somairot are probably available. glued at the hip for saturday cosplay misadventures. lol

^^

Studmaster
07-14-2002, 01:08 AM
Good news. I may have a costume after all for Saturday.

So its only 12 more days now. How has everyone's weekends been?

rayechu
07-14-2002, 05:31 AM
good. I haven't gotten any sewing done though...

Rosiel
07-14-2002, 10:11 AM
> i care not if jibrille turns out to be slightly (or horribly) uncomfortable or not...

It seems you have never worn a TRULY uncomfortable costume before. ^___^ When you need someone to help you back to your room to make sure you don't drop on the way... then you'll know how unrealistic a late-night shoot can be.

Studmaster
07-14-2002, 11:05 PM
Okay....This will be a bit harder....Need new strategy to get a time everyone will agree on.

Don't worry, we still have time to figure out how everything will work out, so we can meet each other. If all else fails we can get together on Sunday.

rayechu
07-15-2002, 03:00 AM
Sat as soon as the contest is over maybe?

Rosiel
07-15-2002, 10:29 AM
How about two different times?
One on Friday one on Saturday?

That way everyone can make it. ^___^

I mean I would LOVE to be there but realistically I will be out of costume slumped somewhere begging a friend to massage my shoulders by that point. (Oh the glory of wings!)

Jibrille
07-15-2002, 04:37 PM
>It seems you have never worn a TRULY uncomfortable costume before.

oh i've done it...and it sucks... (lack of breathing and ability to go potty and freakin hot) but for this it is worth the self mutilation, pain, and suffering... ^^

Lady Somairot
07-15-2002, 06:27 PM
>How about two different times?
>One on Friday one on Saturday?

>That way everyone can make it. ^___^

sounds like the least painful idea. ^_~ so, saturday after the cosplay... and friday at a more comfortable time?? evening? what think you all....

^_^ ja!

arisuchan
07-15-2002, 10:07 PM
i like the idea of two meetings. it would be much fun*^^* I guess friday late afternoon or evening would be better. When does opening ceremonies end???

Studmaster
07-15-2002, 10:55 PM
If most people think that it's the best idea (and to tell you the truth, it almost certainly is from my standpoint) then lets go for it. For all of the reasons stated.

So we have our preliminary times.

Friday: After the opening ceremonies.
Saturday: After the Cosplay Masqurade.

And we're coming close to the 10 day mark.

rayechu
07-16-2002, 03:17 AM
sounds good as I plan to live in my costume.

Rosiel
07-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Jibrille:

> but for this it is worth the self mutilation, pain, and suffering...

You are more dedicated then I am. When I start having doubts that I can walk on my own... I take off my costume.

Studmaster:

I'm all for your suggestion! Although I will have to figure out when opening ceremonies are... since I never attend. ^__^;;

Studmaster
07-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
Studmaster:

I'm all for your suggestion! Although I will have to figure out when opening ceremonies are... since I never attend. ^__^;;

I guess I can E-Mail them today, and find out. I'll post the time as soon as possible.

HuongStar
07-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Whatever everyone decides.... *shrugs*

Also, if anyone here is a member of ACP, we need to figure out a good day/time for the ACP group picture. :D

rayechu
07-18-2002, 07:25 PM
7 days and some odd hours now.

Studmaster
07-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Well, it seems Otakon is going to ignore my inquiry....Great, just great. :juggler:

7 Days and 13 Hours now officially. And I'm going to be doing a costume on Saturday as well.

Jibrille
07-18-2002, 09:34 PM
probably cause THEY dont even know what time opening ceremonies is yet. LOL

Treacherous_B
07-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Curses. My costume plans fell through, so I get to con-it-up as myself. Oh well, there's always next time.

But still...BAH! Oh well, I still hope to see you all there.

It's so close!

Studmaster
07-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Jibrille
probably cause THEY dont even know what time opening ceremonies is yet. LOL

Why am I laughing and crying at this at the same time....Because its true!

Studmaster
07-20-2002, 05:23 PM
I finally got my E-Mail replied to. And The opening Ceremonies will be at 1 P.M and should be finished an hour later.

So can we come to a consenous on 2:30 on Friday (Place TBD) since it rounds out?

Jibrille
07-20-2002, 06:16 PM
*is supprised they knew what time they were having opening ceremonies* lol
sounds like a good plan though.
what is a good landmark to meet at at the center that has enough space for us though and open enough for us to be spotted and found by all. hmmm, whatever spot is chosen you can look for a beatrix waving around a giant 'Save the Queen'? *waves sword* LOL!! ^^

Studmaster
07-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Okay, now a Spot....Umm could a Con Vet help me out with this one?I'm an Otakon Rookie here.

For the Interested There are 5 Days 13 Hours and 35 minutes left.

rayechu
07-21-2002, 04:45 AM
crap.
Mel and I won't even be there till 2ish. or so I hear.
if we leave at 4-4:30 plus 9 hiur drive...
we SHOULD be there by 1:30
but then dropping stuff in hotels and getting through the line
I am thinking 5ish would be better..

Oshi
07-21-2002, 11:14 AM
9 hour drive? Sweet jebus. I have a mere 1.5 hour drive... well, not factoring in the possibility of hellacious traffic on I-95...
So I figure, I'll leave around 7:30 and arrive by 9 ^_^
I'm only going for one day, so I'm gonna get the full, like, 15 hours in!

arisuchan
07-21-2002, 11:36 AM
I am so glad I live so close to Baltimore. 45 minutes away actually *^^* except for the other day with construction and a missed turn.... but that another story *sweatdrop*

meeting later on Friday would probably be a good thing cause then I will actually have a my Yuna boots. *laugh* The boots I use are owned by one of my good friends who i lived with at school and her family lives right outside of the inner harbor. I'm going to drive over and pick her up for work and steal her boots. *evil laugh*

so ummm yeah that's my story.... later is better. 5ish sounds good.

Studmaster
07-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Okay. Now we're in Business for real.

The full Otakon Schedule Besides Anime (http://www.otakon.com/schedule.html)

Alright, now I think the Ota Kafe is a really good place to meet on Friday since it should be where crossroads will meet.

Now we have 2 final times for Friday. 2:30 or 5:30 (Since the Costume Judging for Friday ends at time). I'm guess 5:30 is the ideal time.

Now for Saturday. Ota Kafe after Cosplay?

Mara
07-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Meeting on two days sounds great. That way we can see everyone in both our Friday and Saturday costumes. 5:30 on Friday and Ota Kafe on Saturday sound good to me. :)

As for the subject of distance... I wish I lived closer. I'm trekking from the Chicago suburbs. I'll be lucky if the drive takes 12 hours. But it's worth it, I think. Last year was my first time at Otakon, and I had so much fun.

-Mara

rayechu
07-22-2002, 12:47 PM
5:30 sounds good cause I wanna see all the different costumes

DancingVampire
07-22-2002, 01:49 PM
::DAMN THOSE CURLERS!!!:: :miffed:
4 till Otakon

Studmaster
07-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Okay, since we're coming close to go time. Here are the final(?) meeting times for the Cosplay.com group.

Friday: 5:30 at the Ota Kafe.

Saturday: After the Masqurade at the Ota Kafe.

If there is a Bulletin Board at the Convention, I'll post the times on there.

Neon Genocide
07-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Yeah being close is good, I also live about 45 min from baltimore. Its just a big count down now, with only 2 days left.

arisuchan
07-24-2002, 11:01 AM
I know I'm all hyped!! Tomorrow all of my closest friends will be decending apon my house and we're all spending the night at Lady Somairot's. (much chaos and ddr will occur I am sure *^^*) Then friday its just a 45 min drive down to the con! We're getting there bright and early to get the full day effect.

just a few little things left to do and all will be well. Can't wait to see you all there *^^*

Studmaster
07-24-2002, 05:19 PM
Oh man. Its so god damn close now I can taste it. We're only 1 Day 15 Hours and 41 Minutes (39 Hours and 41 minutes left) till the doors open.

Tomorrow is travel day for me as I head to the Port Authority at 9:30, pick up my tickets and go to Baltimore and crash at a friends house. This is going to be so cool.

Sami
07-24-2002, 05:34 PM
I leave in about two hours to go to my friend Kellie's house, and then.. Otakon!! I'm so excited! ^_^ I didn't think I was going to be able to go to Otakon again because we lived so far away last year, but now that my boyfriend got a job in Maryland.. WOOHOO! :D :D :D

*skitters off to do last-minute packing* I hope everyone has tons of fun, and I can't wait to see pictures! ^_^ *is taking her digicam too* <3

Rosiel
07-24-2002, 06:19 PM
> Oh man. Its so god damn close now I can taste it. We're only 1 Day 15 Hours and 41 Minutes

AAAAAAAAACK And my costume is still in pieces!
*dies*

ling_xiaoyu2002
07-24-2002, 06:24 PM
Just curious Rosiel,
What is Otakcon???? I 've never heard of it...they only ones I've heard of are Anime Expo and the same con except in NY....please tell me what this con is??? *Looks at Rosiel Confused* ??????

ling_xiaoyu2002

Marisa
07-24-2002, 07:57 PM
It's a convention in Baltimore, Maryland. ^_^

kelldar
07-24-2002, 08:41 PM
I'm packed and ready to go!! My plane leaves early tomorrow morning o_o travel safe everyone!

Jibrille
07-24-2002, 09:08 PM
*looks at stuff all over the house*
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!
pieces of fabric and costume strewn everywhere!!!
aaah!! its 9:00!!!
i work tomorrow!!!! i cant even pull an all-nighter!!! i have to be up by 5:30am!!!! ;_;
i have to pack EVERYTHING!!!
OH FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS!!! O.o
*runs off in complete panic*

Rosiel
07-24-2002, 10:19 PM
> i work tomorrow!!!! i cant even pull an all-nighter!!! i have to
> be up by 5:30am!!!! ;_;
> i have to pack EVERYTHING!!!
> OH FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS!!! O.o
> *runs off in complete panic*

She said it better than I could.
My mental state: see above.

arisuchan
07-24-2002, 10:52 PM
Tonight is the all nighter for Lady Somairot and I. I am hoping that tomorrow night we get sleep so for once in my con experience i am not up all night before the con! Still things are going well, there's not much left to do. It will all get done before the con and that's all that matters!

Studmaster
07-24-2002, 10:59 PM
I guess my Con Countdown backfired....again. :(

Well good luck to all of you ladies and here's to hoping you'll all complete your costumes in time, and you should all look amazing with the hard work you put into your costumes.

I gotta get up early myself, so everyone travel safe and may whatever higher force you beleieve in be with you on your way. If you don't have one, then let fate be on your side.

Jibrille
07-24-2002, 11:04 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF THE REST OF THE GODS!!!
I just LOST my garment bag! (cant transport jibrille without it!!)
AND THEN WHILE LOOKING FOR IT I BROKE A FREAKIN MIRROR! broke...a .... MIRROR!!!!!
*weeping* ;_;

rayechu
07-25-2002, 05:55 AM
awwwwwww.
crap. must go work on costume... stupid panic of not finishing...

DancingVampire
07-25-2002, 06:35 AM
Heres a little trick I learned from dance: Take a 2 large garbage bags slide one over the top of the close slitting the to so the hook of the hanger shows through. Then do the same to the other one! u can add more if to isn't strong enough.
I leaving for otakon in 3 hours so I to must hunt down a garmet bag
Chaio~
Dancing Vampire

rayechu
07-25-2002, 08:07 AM
I just finised the costume yay!... well till BF comes over and makess ure everything fits and I can cut the length on the armor. but I am DONE
I just need to pack now. and dye my hair

Neon Genocide
07-25-2002, 08:29 AM
*walks in and beats head against wall*

Man right at this time of year I have people drop out of the group that goes with me, not always the same people but ususaly someone drops out. I just had 3 guys drop out last night. I hate the stress right before the con of getting money from everybody and gettin' em down to the con...

*continues to beat head against wall*

at least in 1 day I will be enjoying my self at otakon....

Jibrille
07-25-2002, 09:17 AM
alright...i managed to dig out the other garment bag *pauses and glares evily at attic*
a wig to straighten the ends of and a little accessory to make and i can color myself finished...costume wise.
then i must pack, which will be oh so much easier with the garment bad.....aaaaahhhhhh
i have till 8 to finish with everything...

and yes, i called in dead to work this morning... and by doing so i lost roughly $75....... am i regretting it? yes kinda, but i get to keep my sanity.
damn sanity is expensive...

*runs off to finish up*

Studmaster
07-25-2002, 09:28 AM
Good Luck Jibrillie, I know your costume should turn out amazing.

To everyone else on the board who is coming. I can't wait to see you all, and meet you all. I hope everyone has fun this weekend.

As for me, I have a Bus to catch. Seeya. ;) :D :cool: :skidude: :cheers:

Rosiel
07-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Garment bag? You should try my patented packing technique. LOL Panic, panic, stuff everything in a suitcase half-hazardly, realize it's /moving/, pull out Katan*, go get a lint brush, add to stuff, sit on suitcase, close.

Yes, my cat has a nasty habit of trying to hide in my suitcase... I think he wants me to bring him along. ^___^;;;;;

(Or as my friends like to refer to him: Cat-an)

Jibrille
07-25-2002, 01:40 PM
i ended up going with the Trashbag Technique (patent pending) ^_^
the garment bag got waaaay to huge and heavy. O.o

must get enough courage to straighten the wig ends and all will be well.

packing is in its final stages. then i finally get to get my shower! WOO! *feels icky from all the running around and packing*

*holds up sign*
__ -OTAKON OR BUST- __

Oshi
07-25-2002, 06:25 PM
...And here I am, all calm, steadily finishing my simple costume, not leaving til 7AM on Saturday... Eyup... Glad I live relatively close...
...Oh shit. I need to go to the bank tomorrow! I'm down to $88 in my wallet! This will not do! I need at least $200... gonna splurge on DVDs ;D

Hm... Suddenly I wish I wasn't working tomorrow (day shift) so I could finish up a few things...

arisuchan
07-25-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm just calmly waiting for everyone to show up now. *sigh* its depressing that all of my friends didn't leave until late. But Lady Somairot and I paraded around in our costumes tonight for her family and it was too much fun! I can't wait until tomorrow to do it for real!

See you all tomorrow!

Rosiel
07-26-2002, 01:01 AM
All I want to say is:

IT IS ONE AM THE OF THE CON AND I AM DONE! DONE! DOOOOOOOOOOONE!

Oshi
07-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Okay... 4.5 hours before I go to bed... must get some hair things, finish up costume, go to bank... *$%#...
Wake up at 6AM... get final things together.. leave home by 7AM... arrive at Otakon by 9AM...

Okay, BREAK! *dashes out to car*

Can't wait to meet you all tomorrow!