PDA

View Full Version : other hotels near the con

moo
12-31-2002, 05:20 AM
I've been reading on the AN message board people's opinions about the host hotel, the Regal Constellation and now I'm downright leery about it. There's another hotel near it, a Marriott of some sort. For those of y'all who are familiar with that area, how far apart are the hotels and is it a comfortable walking distance?

Is the area there conducive to walking around in full costume in general without too much hassle from the local denizens?

Are there any other reputable hotels or motels near the Regal Constellation? Thankyew in advance!

Scoti
12-31-2002, 07:57 AM
Since that Regal Constellation is by the airport there's tons of hotels in that area. Most are within 1-3 blocks from the convention but the Marriott is right across the street from it (AN 2001 was hosted there). Either way I found the service the same in both hotels but I just stay at RC for the Convenience

Sakura
01-01-2003, 12:19 AM
I thought the Regal Constellation was great, my room was really roomy and clean too. Plus it's pretty darn cheap ^.^

moo
01-01-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Sakura
I thought the Regal Constellation was great, my room was really roomy and clean too. Plus it's pretty darn cheap ^.^

From what I read about the hotel on the AN board at:
http://pub43.ezboard.com/fteahouseofthemaplemoonfrm59
things were hit or miss UNLESS you paid up for a remodeled room, which gave you better odds of landing a good room. Smelly rooms, random bouts of hot or not water, bedclothes of a questionable state of cleanliness? I think I'd rather take my chances and money to a known quantity, and that is the Marriott.

I would rather stay at the designated con hotel for convenience and help make AN's booking numbers go up, but all those testimonials on the board there didn't paint a pretty picture of the place. :|

Sakura
01-01-2003, 01:39 AM
Wow I thought the rooms were good, I didn't have any of the problems that those people had. I've had bad hotels before but the Regal Constellation isn't by far the worst, it was great.

Scoti
01-01-2003, 09:07 AM
I think it depended on which wing of the hotel you were in, I think (if I remember correctly) the RC was under some renovations at the time but I didn't find any problems with our room aside from the noisy people across the hall lol

heki-chan
01-01-2003, 10:57 PM
hmm.....the Regal was wonderful. i dunno why those ppl were complaining....o well... but yeah...dunt let those posts discourage u from staying at the Regal. Bcuz it IS great IMHO^_^

and yeah one side was under renovation at the time. so that COULDVE resulted in the whole coldwater bit some ppl complained about. But its already finished by now, so everything will be alrite for AN^_^

As for the hardbeds thing...hmm....i thought it was rather comfy...some ppl are just more sensitive....maybe? i dunno.
But u know what? if u happen to land in a room with "hard beds" u can just go n bitch to the front desk and make a scene and they'll for sure switch your room.^_^;;;

As for the Marriott...i thought THIS one was rather cramped. And we got a double room too! *shrugs* i like the Regal SOOOOOOOOO MCUH MORE^_^

and the smell thing....i didnt smell anything...odd/gross...? ^_^ i have no idea^_^;;;

but think about it this way.....its a con....u prolly wont sleep much anyways rite? the room is just to..party...eat...shower..change and to dump stuff in^_^ And Regal's rooms are cheaper AND bigger to boot :) we successfully stuffed....close to 20 ppl in at one point in Saturday Nite...while in 2001 the Marriott room's capacity was breached at about....13ish.. :T so yeah.....roomy^_^

~heki

MikigamiTokiya
01-01-2003, 11:18 PM
we payed for some kinda deluxe room so we had a couch etc. which came in handy cause i got stuck on it ^^;;

Sion
01-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
its a con....u prolly wont sleep much anyways rite? the room is just to..party...eat...shower..change and to dump stuff in

Exactly. I was barely ever in my hotel room and when I was, I never smelt anything bad, it seemed pretty damn clean to me, and the beds were fine, but I can sleep on anything so that explains that hehe.

My advice though if you're still worried, make sure to reserve a hotel room before the con a few months early. That will probably raise your chances of a better room.

Eriku-san

Sakura
01-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by MikigamiTokiya
we payed for some kinda deluxe room so we had a couch etc. which came in handy cause i got stuck on it ^^;;

Haha... I had one of those huge rooms all to myself. I used to couch to drape my costume over. I love having my own room because then I can prance around and sing without my family thinking that I'm insane. This year I'm sharing with Jenn and Kristi but as usual I will fight them for the bed- and win =D Looks like those two will share the couch! Bwa!

Well, anyways, back the the thread... because Anime North has all night anime who's gonna sleep?! I don't think hotel rooms matter too much ^-^ I read the AN message board though, and not everyone had problems. Maybe they had those teeny rooms in the tower?