PDA

View Full Version : Ordango tutorial: Wanted?

Moonlit_Rose
01-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Alright, I have noticed that there are a lot of people aksing how to make an odango and "Is my hair long enough?" Or something like that. ^^;Okay maybe not a lot, but there are enough that make me want to ask this question.

I'm considering making a odango tutorial. Yes, I know that there is an amazing one already on the net, and I love the person who made it dearly. ^^ Three cheers for her! But, using the traditional method makes some people back away from making odangos, because it makes their hair dreadfuly shorter. Some have figured out a way to get the odango look without making those knots (well.. perhaps making one knot with some, but not a complete one like that.) and shorting your hair about 6 inches ._. Eh, thank merlin for that: I look horrible with short tails on my ordangos. XD; So, would anyone be interesting in having a odango turotial that gives you the look, without shortening the hair; in other words "The Other Method" or "The Other Odango." (dun dun dun..) I know it's been explained a few times, but perhaps having some pictures may help..? It may be a little healpful to have a steady reference to this, instead of constantly seaching for the post someone made or having to ask. ^^; I'm just curious as to what the response would be to making "The Other Method/Odangp" tutorial would be.

So. Questions? Comments? Ideas? Flaming pitchforks and torches to come after me? XD; Lemme know you're thoughts...

btw, for those who may be wondering (which I really really doubt, but I'll put here anyways) Odangos are what Usagi wears from Sailor Moon. That's normally what people are asking to do "How do I get my hair like Sailor Moon's?" so she'll be my reference.

Thanks for reading my post. And reply back! XP

+Gogo+
01-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Don't you mean "Odango"? If you feel like it's a good idea, go ahead. Even though there are a million and one ways to do them. XD

small_lady
01-26-2005, 09:55 PM
i think its a good idea because the web site that had it is gone forever T_T

Biscuit
01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
that. would. be. awsome. ^___________^ that would totally :heart: that! where would you post it, so i can know where to look if you do it (which you really should!) :bigtu:

Fénicia
01-27-2005, 02:33 PM
When I want to put my hair Up like that, I start with making 2 ponytails. The I add 1 extention each side and wrap my own hair around both elasticks. Then I pin the end of my hair at the back down with 2 click-clack-hairpins. ;)

pssailormoon
02-08-2005, 01:26 AM
I'd be interested! I had my own method of doing them, but I've been trying to find another way! so yeah! Make the tuturial! :bigtu:

inu-chan00
02-16-2005, 07:48 PM
yes...this tutorial Is needed XD I need to help my freind with her Ruby moon wig...and they look as big for sailor moon.....
Maybe Katie bair has one on the forums?

Bunny Chiba
02-16-2005, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing this. I'm still trying to figure the way *I* have to do them. I know everyone has their own way but to have different ways of doing them first might help me out.

komichi
02-17-2005, 12:20 AM
I've always used this method: http://www.iwaynet.net/~sos/odango/odango.html

It worked extremely well for me when I had long enough hair, but I'd be interested in seeing other methods.

Edit: I suggest you edit your post so it's spelt "Odango," so it's easier to find via search. ;)

megumibish
02-17-2005, 06:46 PM
I do mines differently than that link since I can't take the tension that method pulls on my scalp(will get a headache from it). The way I do them preserves length of hair as well. You can see my odango's in my gallery...

Bunny Chiba
02-17-2005, 07:43 PM
I do mines differently than that link since I can't take the tension that method pulls on my scalp(will get a headache from it). The way I do them preserves length of hair as well. You can see my odango's in my gallery...

I didn't see your Odangos, where in your gallery are they???

megumibish
02-18-2005, 02:56 AM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=151716 hehe too bad no bangs...

Eleryth
02-18-2005, 04:09 AM
It would probably be easy enough to make odangos like Meilin makes her buns before covering them in Cardcaptor Sakura (see attached image).

I think you just make a ponytail, separate into two, then use one to make the odango on top of your elastic, leaving the other trailing down.

KeppyChan
02-18-2005, 04:43 AM
i actually make mine with foam balls to get it looking right. you would be suprised on how easy it is to make with them. but it's the best tactic to use when you need them in a different color, your hair isn't thick enough or if your hair isn't long enough to wap them up.

i get a foam ball, stab it with a yarn needle with hair, and them wrap it around and tie it back with a rubber band. then you just pin in the finished product.

Sporkstress
02-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Sounds interesting, it's nice to see a different way of doing things, though I do like the way the one komichi posted works o.o I may try that XD

Maybe also something for shorter hair? Not realy short, but my hair is about 3 inches bellow my shoulders and realy thick and would look funny with the extra hair sticking out. So maybe an easy way to get them up all the way without extra hair (either my hair is just too thick or I'm doing something wrong, because I've tried it multiple times >.>)

Shiree-chan
02-21-2005, 12:18 AM
YES please put that tutorial up *_* if you do, I'll give ya an endless supply of sweets!
*ahem* I'd love to see the other way you can do the odango, I've always been putting mine in knots, but yeah, it makes my hair a tad shorter. >.<
( for example: check my gallery )

Chi_happy
02-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I've always used this method: http://www.iwaynet.net/~sos/odango/odango.html

It worked extremely well for me when I had long enough hair, but I'd be interested in seeing other methods.

Edit: I suggest you edit your post so it's spelt "Odango," so it's easier to find via search. ;)

i dont know if its me..but i dont understand steps 4,5,6...and i just got long hair, its right at chest level, so i dont really know how to do hair things, i cant seem to make my pig tails high enough... :dunce: can someone help me?