PDA

View Full Version : Dawn look a like contest 2005

Fyremistress
01-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Im sure there are tons of repeat dawn contestants on here, but curious about first timers to the contest too. Each year Ive been in it the number grows and grows and grows! Its so much fun to get to be a goddess for a night and walk that fabulous catwalk with so many beautiful girls.

So whose all gonna be there?

reannaremick
01-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm still not 100% sure though I'm definitely going to TRY my damnedest to be in the contest this year. I've always wanted to and never had time. So we shall see. I am planning on it this year though.

Dany
01-27-2005, 12:47 PM
I've promised people for about five years that I would enter, and this will be the first time I actually make good on the promise.

Reminds me, I have to look at the contest process stuff so I'm not scrambling at the last stinky minute.

Fyremistress
01-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I've promised people for about five years that I would enter, and this will be the first time I actually make good on the promise.

Reminds me, I have to look at the contest process stuff so I'm not scrambling at the last stinky minute.

Heres a fantastic tips page from dementia

http://www.virtualdementia.com/dawn/tips.html

and the contest is usallly at 8 on saturday and we have to be there at 6:30 so we can do the pictures thing and all

Dany
01-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Heres a fantastic tips page from dementia

http://www.virtualdementia.com/dawn/tips.html

and the contest is usallly at 8 on saturday and we have to be there at 6:30 so we can do the pictures thing and all

Mmm. Tips are good. :) And these were some nifty ones to boot. Timewise, it's reminenscent of Masquerade stuff...

...I REALLY have to think about the shoes (or lack thereof) I am going to be considering for my idea..

kitsunered
01-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Mmm. Tips are good. :) And these were some nifty ones to boot. Timewise, it's reminenscent of Masquerade stuff...

...I REALLY have to think about the shoes (or lack thereof) I am going to be considering for my idea..

Oops! The link Demmie has on her tips page that's supposed to go to my page is for the old location. Here's the new one. (http://www.geocities.com/dawnlookalikes)

At any rate, we always welcome new blood to the contest. It's a lot of fun, which is why we do it year after year. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation of Dawn!

-K

Dany
02-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Oops! The link Demmie has on her tips page that's supposed to go to my page is for the old location. Here's the new one. (http://www.geocities.com/dawnlookalikes)

At any rate, we always welcome new blood to the contest. It's a lot of fun, which is why we do it year after year. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation of Dawn!

-K

Thank you dear :) *chuckle* I think of new blood and I think of when I was Dawned-up for the blood drive at SDCC. Hehe.

We'll see how it all goes. The idea is in my head now....next stop is the execution.

AshleyV
02-07-2005, 09:19 PM
This will be the first time I will enter the Dawn Contest. I have my outfit planned out, in fact I am making it for one of my projects in Advance clothing. I would love to meet everyone who will be in the contest.

eyedea803
02-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Sooooooo yeah :bigtu: , where is this dawn look a like held???(what con?) because by the looks of it so far there will be alot of GREAT LOOKIN LADIES!!! :love: :rolleyes: there and ya know Id like to be there when it all goes down :love: ..................does Dawn have a love slave???? I think I could whip up that costume hehehehehe j/k

Great costumes ladies keep up the good work :chatah:

Eurobeat King
02-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Dragoncon is the only con (that I know of) that has the annual Dawn-contest, and I enjoyed it last year, since it was my first-time watching this kind of event at (my first) D-con. :) The costumes looked great, and there were a lot of original (and interesting) costumes, and I managed to get some pictures of the ladies onstage, and then most of them when they did the cat-walk posing in front of all these photographers afterwards, and then I got a few pictures of some after that outside the auditorium or upstairs in the hotel lobby.

That said, when I return to Dragoncon 2005, I probably won't WATCH the Dawn contest, but wait until it's over and then take pictures when they parade across the catwalk, and then try to get pictures afterwards. Reason being is that there are a lot of cosplayers who hang out in the lobby upstairs while the contest is going on, and I missed that. There are even DAWN cosplayers who couldn't/chose not to enter the contest who wear their costumes in the lobby, and I managed to get some of those while waiting for the results of the contest. So I'll probably be wandering in & out of the contest looking for cosplayers, but also try to get pics of the Dawn cosplayers. :)

Dany
02-08-2005, 01:29 PM
So I'll probably be wandering in & out of the contest looking for cosplayers, but also try to get pics of the Dawn cosplayers. :)

Ever the photo master you are, EB...

We'll have to arrange a party for when you hit 100,000 posted images!

Eurobeat King
02-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Dany: Awww.. thanks! But that might be within a couple of months, since I'm already at 70,000+ pictures and I've got a LOT of cons before D-con 2005 comes.. And you know I want to break my record of 5100 pictures from AX2004! ;)

I can't wait to see all the Dawn cosplayers at D-con, and hopefully a lot of members here will be entering, and look for me before/afterwards so I may take your pictures!! :D

Dany
02-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Dany: Awww.. thanks! But that might be within a couple of months, since I'm already at 70,000+ pictures and I've got a LOT of cons before D-con 2005 comes.. And you know I want to break my record of 5100 pictures from AX2004! ;)

So it might be a bit delayed. But it's definitely a thought :)

I can't wait to see all the Dawn cosplayers at D-con, and hopefully a lot of members here will be entering, and look for me before/afterwards so I may take your pictures!! :D

You know I usually stumble across you eventually. Without giving too much away on what I'm doing, I'll be pretty bright-colored, so I shouldn't be hard to miss :)

tabbybunhead
02-27-2005, 10:12 PM
I will be there in costume.it is still over 200 days away but I am as nervous as a long tell cat in a room fulla rocking chairs.

Hope to see some of ya'll.And any one doing dawn as the rave goddess,bless you.That is my favorite dawn.

podo_saisana
02-28-2005, 02:38 AM
2004 was my first year as a contestant, and it was a last min decision to enter since I hadn't finished the costume I had intended to enter. However this year (I hope) it should be finished in time to enter. Either way I'll be there one way or another, contestant or not, to appriciate my fellow goddesses, because as others have said here... it's nice to be a goddess for a day, very VERY nice. I'm definatly looking forward to it.

Kimiko
03-11-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm also hoping to enter (my first year!) in the contest. It seems very fun.

Dementia
03-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Me! Me! Me!

I didn't know we were starting this this early, but I'm in, as per usual. You guys couldn't keep me away if you tried.

Joie, I don't have the link handy but perhaps you could link some of the newbies over the forum? They also have a lot of great tips there (My page is so in need of a major update/overhaul).

But EB, I met you briefly last year and I hope to see you again this year.

And I hope to get reacquainted with some of you from last year (some said I was antisocial, was just very hard to MOVE in my costume, which won't be an issue this year), and i'll get to say hi to the newbies as well :)

But anyways, enough babbling. Point being, I'M IN!!!

Hikaruchan
03-11-2005, 07:35 AM
I will be entering too. I probably will be using part of the backup outfit from last year I didn't finish, but since someone did the same outfit last year I am thinking of adding embellishments to it or going totally original design for the rest of it. And I definitely will be wearing comfortable shoes this time, unlike last year.

Aleathia Burns
03-17-2005, 02:22 PM
This will be my first year entering and I hope to make as many friends and have a wonderful con expericnce after wards.

The_Balrog
03-19-2005, 09:24 PM
This will be my first DAWN entry this year..for the past two years that I've been attending D*C I have watched in aww at the craftmanship that all entries display. I look forward to attending and maybe get some responses to my design...humm...D*C is 160 something days away.

Well I look forward to meeting everyone and possible making some friends..I figured might enter since this maybe the last con I attend for awhile.

Cheers, The_Balrog:japan:

sarabug
03-23-2005, 03:18 PM
yep yep...you guys trying to slip this one in under the radar! you know i'll be there this year! i'm still waffling all over the place with my design....i'm going back to the original thing this year....sort of....can't wait to see you all there!