PDA

View Full Version : Who's planning to go to OhayoCon?

Bonk
12-31-2002, 11:30 AM
I am ^^. It's gonna be my first Con, and I can't wait. -Heh-. I plan to crossplay when I go, since ever other time I've ever dressed as an anime character it's been a crossplay(Okay, so only twice before, Ash Ketchum and Mokuba Kaiba, neh, pathetic costumes, I know). OhayoCon looks like it's gonna be awsome. I've told my friend who's a major Duo Maxwell fan(She has hair that's brown like Duo's, as long as Duo's, and like, exactly like Duo's, and she now wears her hair like that almost every day, 'cept once when she had her hair like Relena -Snorts- I laughed at her for the rest of the day, though she insisted her hair wasn't like Relena's), that I'd get Scott McNeil's autograph for her(and me), heh, and I hope I can. >> I doubt I'll be able to though -Sigh-. Oh, and anyone know what OhayoCon's like/been to it before? I'm curious, heh. Oh, by the way, if your going, who/what are you going as? I'm -planning- to go as Jounouchi Katsuya/Joey Wheeler (Battle City outfit) from Yu-Gi-Oh on one day, and Kouichi Kimura(Digimon Frontier) on the other. Heh. I'm gonna feel so pathetic, since I'm betting I'm gonna be the only Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayer there. Oh well, only time will tell...And it's just a little less than two weeks till OhayoCon. Crud, I just reminded myself, man, I better start on my costumes XP.

KnuxieChan
12-31-2002, 11:42 AM
Oh cool! You'll love cosplaying at a con! This is my 3rd one ^^ *huggles*I should see you up there then ^__^ I'm gonna be Shippo and Dark Schneider.

Mizuho
12-31-2002, 12:57 PM
This is going to my first time at Ohaycon, too! I'm SO EXCITED!! ^o^

Ginny
12-31-2002, 01:16 PM
I'll be there. Last year was a crapfest. I'm hoping this year will be better ^__^

Ameria
01-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by DMG
I'm gonna feel so pathetic, since I'm betting I'm gonna be the only Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayer there.

Aw, I know how you feel. I was Ruki Makino/Rika Nonaka last year, the only Digimon Tamers cosplayer, and there were only 3 Digimon cosplayers total that I saw. This year I'm crossplaying too. ^_^ Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece and probably Wizard from Angelic Layer. I'll make sure to find ya and get pics! =D

Melchior
01-01-2003, 02:22 AM
Ameria-chan, please stop me in the hall and say hi. I missed you last year and at Otakon. I'll be carrying around a giant bone-colored Tessaiga and dressed as Inuyasha!

Schu
01-01-2003, 03:10 AM
I'll be there... yeah... cosplaying as either Hyatt or Excel or Youzen or Asuka. Whichever I get done better...

Bonk
01-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Ameria-Chan, Monkey D. Luffy rocks! ^^. I love One Piece, such a cool manga. I didn't want to see the end of the first issue in English Shonen Jump, 'cause I wanted more of it, heh.

Oooh, and Melchior, Inuyasha rocks too ^^, but Shippo's better. XP. Heh, your gonna make a Tetsusaiga to go along with your costume too? That's gonna look awsome I bet...most pictures of Inuyasha cosplayer's that I've seen on the net don't make those t'go with their costumes.

Man, I can't wait 'till OhayoCon, only what, 11 days 'till it? Heh. I can't wait to see all the costumes either ^^. Oh, speaking of costumes, I'm running into problems with my Kouichi one xX. I can't believe how hard it is to find a light green button down t-shirt -Sigh- My dad got me one, but it's an olive green and not light green...I gave him a picture, before he got the shirt, of what Kouichi looks like, but he just threw it away Xx.

Oshi
01-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by G-chan
Last year was a crapfest. I'm hoping this year will be better ^__^ It better be good, driving across PA to get there =P

Ah well, if it sucks, I'll just have to make it good... somehow... erm... PARTY! WEE! ^^v
(sorry, been eating a bit too much pocky within the last 24 hours *_*)

Ginny
01-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Haha, we drove last time. I can't make long car trips anymore. After Nekocon this year, I've vowed to take a plane to anywhere farther than Katsu. I'll have Tactics costumes all weekend, and another costume, which is a secret because it is evil, but you should be able to recognize me. *laugh*

Rosiel
01-02-2003, 09:20 AM
> Man, I can't wait 'till OhayoCon, only what, 11 days 'till it?

And someone has not started her insane vinyl-y Masquerade costume yet... *dies* I have something for Hall (not what I planned, though) and I work (which means I don't have time off during the day) which means... NO SLEEP!

X__X

But I am looking forward to it anyway. Even if it is shaping up to be a really stressful con.

[Edit: I forgot to mention costumes! Silly me!]

I'll be wearing a Suikoden costume for hall since I did not finish the Ozzie uniforms for Zechs and Noin.

As for the Masq, I'll quote G...

> which is a secret because it is evil, but you should be able to recognize me.

Except I am afraid no one will recognize me. O_O
It's rather obscure and I have never seen cosplay from that series.

Bonk
01-02-2003, 11:32 AM
Ooh, you were gonna do Zechs and Noin's Oz uniforms? That woulda looked cool :P. I wanna cosplay someone from Gundam Wing bad Xx but I don't think I'd be able to. The clothes they wear either would take to much sewing(I totally can't sew Xx)/be to hard, or wouldn't be recognizable from real clothes if you didn't have their hairstyle/a wig of their hair. Oh well. I've begun working on my Kouichi outfit, but I still need that stupid t-shirt and blue hat, then I need the stupid T-Shirt and Duel Disk for my Jou costume..
Looks like I'm in for a lot of work...
Well, atleast I finished the sewing job required to turn the turtleneck for Kouichi's outfit into a normal long-sleeved shirt..though the sewing job I did this morning is crappy, and, may I add, didn't work to well...I sewed it to tight, so I broke most of the stitches trying the shirt on Xx. Note to self: Don't try sewing stretchy shirt's that stretch when you put them on, wait, don't try sewing at all xX'.

Well, I guess my idea for making/sewing a Seto Kaiba voodoo doll to go along with my outfit will work well. To bad...it'd really be fun to pull out that thing, which I'll stick pins in all over -Snickers-.

Oh well I'm to far into this to stop, but, if it fails, I guess I could go as myself.

By the way, what's Hall? Xx I know I sound stupid, but I keep seeing people talking about it and all....Man, it sucks to be new to the cosplaying world >>.

Rosiel
01-02-2003, 12:02 PM
> Ooh, you were gonna do Zechs and Noin's Oz uniforms?

They are planned for Katsu now... so I get more time to make them... and well since it falls on Valentine's Day, wearing Zechs and Noin will be cute in a nauseating Hallmark kind of way... ^__^ maybe I'll bring Noin a rose.

> By the way, what's Hall? Xx

Hall Cosplay = walking around in costumes in the halls of the venue the convention is held at. In most cons it means it's not judged and you do it just for fun.

Masq = Masquerade, the "official" costume contest, on stage.

KnuxieChan
01-02-2003, 01:45 PM
I must finish my costumes.. O__O; I stll need to make my tunic!

Bonk
01-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Heh, thanks for telling me what Masquerade and Hall are, now I won't feel -as much- stupid. ^^'.

By the way, y'know how you said no one'd likely recognize who your cosplaying, heh, I'm betting hardly anyone'll recognize who I'm cosplaying also Xx'. This is gonna be like it was at Halloween for me I bet...-Heh-...Unless a miracle occurs and KidsWB starts showing the episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh when they're in Battle City before OhayoCon...but I doubt even then anyone'd be able to recognize me...Jou doesn't start wearing the outfit I'm going as for a few more episodes. -Sigh- Maybe I'll get lucky and find people that know about Battle City...or even YGO for that matter -Heh- ^^'. Same with Digimon...no one'll know who Kouichi Kimura is unless they did some searching on who he was, since convienently they haven't shown the episodes of Digimon with him on it yet on UPN >> They stopped on the first episode that showed him, but Takuya didn't know who he was, so his name wasn't mentioned or anything, and UPN's doing re-runs of Frontier, so it'll be a while.

-Hopefully- Everyone'll know who I am at AnimeNorth. -Hopefully- Though. Gah, maybe by then I'll have my third costume made, and that costume'll be a well known character from a well known anime that I like probably...But, likely I won't now that I think about it...I've -never- gone as a character that is well known and widely cosplayed. Heh. I guess it's better that way, then no one'll be able to know if you made a slight mistake in your costume...or a major mistake. Neh. I'm gonna have to add accessories to Kouichi's costume so it doesn't look like normal clothes....I plan on getting his hat and adding the detail, then 'modifying' my Kouji D-Scanner to be black....Then again, this is just babble that you likely have no clue to what it is, so I'll just shut up ^^'.

Oh, and I might as well make this post worthwhile, sooooo, What part of OhayoCon are you looking forward to the most, other than cosplaying at it?

I'm looking forward to meeting other anime fans, and hopefully seeing Scott McNeil and hopefully getting his autograph. -Heh-.

Okay, me end this long pointless post now -Nodders then stops typing to run upstairs and attempt to find the super glue to fix her(storebought)plastic DBZ sword which she just broke by hitting it a bit to hard against the wall-.

Oshi
01-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Hrm... the drive to Ohayo is 6hours... Dammit...
Oh well, after driving to Florida, this should be a breeze e.e;

makio
01-04-2003, 05:07 AM
Due to the workscene (again), I won't be able to make it to Ohayocon. However, I think my brother might go in my place. Ah well, it's money toward AX/Otakon now... u_u

KnuxieChan
01-04-2003, 11:42 AM
2 hours baby =P

TheLoneWolf
01-04-2003, 04:17 PM
ah,from Cincy then!

Eurobeat King
01-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear that you can't make it to Ohayocon, Makio.. :( Won't be the same w/o you there. Hopefully you'll make it to Katsucon, else sometime in the months to follow. Next time we meet we shall cosplay together as the Kim brothers: Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan. That's a promise! ;)

Ameria
01-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Melchior
Ameria-chan, please stop me in the hall and say hi. I missed you last year and at Otakon. I'll be carrying around a giant bone-colored Tessaiga and dressed as Inuyasha!

^_^ Will do, Melchior-san! But be warned that I will take tons of pics. XD Inuyasha rules! I can't wait to see the Tetsusaiga!

Originally posted by DMG
Ameria-Chan, Monkey D. Luffy rocks! ^^. I love One Piece, such a cool manga. I didn't want to see the end of the first issue in English Shonen Jump, 'cause I wanted more of it, heh.

=D Wai! Someone who actually knows One Piece! Yep, I'm just finishing my sandals and then we're going to work on my friend's Nami tank top. We've got our whole group! ^^ Well, minus Usop, Vivi and Chopper. ^^; But there will be much Luffy, Zoro, Nami and Sanji fun! ^_^\\//

Bonk
01-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Heh, I wish I could cosplay One Piece, buuuut, I dunno anything about it that happens after the first issue printed in the English Shonen Jump Xx. Thooough, I could attempt it....heh, I could do kid Luffy, xX I'm obsessed with t-shirt transfer sheets, so if I ever aquired a white t-shirt, I could easily make the anchor on his shirt...but...I dunno...

Oh, and if your doing adult Luffy, I was wondering, are you rolling up your pants to make them short's that look like his, or are you adding fur/fuzz/something to give it the effect? I saw a cosplayer's picture of their Luffy costume and they said as a caption that they couldn't decide to roll them up or put fur on them, so they put fur. I personally think his pants are rolled up at the bottom -Heh- but that's my opinion. Oo' Why am I even saying this?

Neh, another zoned-out post from the gobstopper-sugar-rushed-preteen,
DMG

Ameria
01-05-2003, 06:18 PM
Actually I kind of made it up as I went along. I took an old pair of pants I had, cut off the bottoms, then bleached those white, cut them to the desired length, and sewed them back on the ends to fold up. Since I'm a terrible fabric cutter and sewer, the ends have already started fraying themselves. XD

Bonk
01-05-2003, 06:53 PM
XP

Oh, and I've learned that I -can't- easily make the Anchor on his shirt >>. I got through the 'AnchoR' and the little handle thing above it, but I'm having major problems with the bottom part of the design Xx. I've litterally had a fit, because when I began, I learned that it's pretty hard to find colour in black and white images, AND, that choosing to do something a character has only worn for a little while and trying to find what colours it is is pretty darn hard...I spent hours surfing the net trying to figure out what the colours were for the 'AnchoR' design, and even what colour his pants are, and almost had another fit when I saw a picture showing his shorts are red when he wears that Xx. But then I saw a scan of a trading card that showed the him wearing the 'Anchor' shirt (with the text as black and the anchor as red; like the other coloured picture of him had him wearing, so I'm convinced those are the colours) and normal jean shorts with the bottoms rolled up a little and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief that I wouldn't have to dye my shorts red xX. Anywho, it took me about three hours just to get through the 'Anchor' text and the handle above, even though it looks easy to do. I'm just lazy and unwilling to work fast I guess. Heh.

I'm a terrible sewer, so I -hope- I'll be able to find another way to make the red trim on the Luffy shirt and the blue trim on the Jou shirt..Neh. >> I'm doomed.

Oh, and also, just curious, have any of you ever gotten odd looks when you go somewhere(Like out to eat)during the weekend of OhayoCon and your wearing your costume? I plan to wear my Luffy one on a day when I'm not going to go to places alot XP People'd think I'm odd, being a kid wearing a shirt that says 'Anchor' on it. I don't think I'll have to worry much about the other two outfits...since -I- think they look like normal clothes ^^'.

-DMG

KnuxieChan
01-05-2003, 07:06 PM
>XD Inuyasha rules! I can't wait to see the Tetsusaiga!

I've seen it, it's kickass! ^.^

Ameria
01-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by DMG
Oh, and also, just curious, have any of you ever gotten odd looks when you go somewhere(Like out to eat)during the weekend of OhayoCon and your wearing your costume? I plan to wear my Luffy one on a day when I'm not going to go to places alot XP People'd think I'm odd, being a kid wearing a shirt that says 'Anchor' on it. I don't think I'll have to worry much about the other two outfits...since -I- think they look like normal clothes ^^'.

Eeep, well truthfully I try not to go out to eat during cons so I can stay and do more stuff. XD It's a good thing to stock up on Arby's or something before you go. XD But I would think cosplaying in public would be fun. Who cares if you get strange looks? That's the entire point! XD

Bonk
01-05-2003, 07:41 PM
XP True true, but I think it'd be odd...

I get mistake for a boy enough without my costume on, so I'd get mistaken for one probably even more XP. I don't have the guts to correct people when they call me a guy, heh.

Oh, and I just learned that the day of the week which I have the most time after school to do whatever I want, Monday, which is tomarrow, I have to get my top braces(y'know, teeth braces) on, so I'll have even less time Xx and it might take two hours too, like it did last time -Sigh- Stupid orthodontist lady, she talked to her friends constantally and seemed to forget she had to put my braces on me >>. Oh well. We all gotta suffer through the torture of an overtalkative person once in our lives...or twice...or three times...or more times...

-DLW

Lady_Sephiroth
01-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Last year I wore my CCS costume to Chi-Chi's and it was fun! I don't know if they'd already seen cosplayer before we got there, I did not see any there while I was there, but I didn't get any strange looks at all! I'll wear them, as long as I don't freeze in the process!

Bonk
01-05-2003, 07:44 PM
That'll be a problem with me too I bet...freezing >>.

I've decided that I'm gonna have to ditch wearing sandels when I'm Chibi Luffy, for the simple fact that there's about five inches of snow on the ground where I live in Ohio, and I'm figuring conditions are the same/similar where OhayoCon's gonna be at, and I don't very badly want to get frostbite and have to go to the hospital in a shirt that says 'Anchor' XP Doctor's would transfer me to a nut house...Heh. White padded walls are in nuthouses though...whiteness...@-@

-DMG

Ameria
01-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Hehe, I'm finishing up my sandals now. Like heck if I'm walking outside in them, though. I'll stick with toasty crowded hotel warmth, thank you. XD

Bonk
01-05-2003, 08:11 PM
XP. Another disadvantage with sandals is people could step on your feet...man...that'd hurt >< I'm glad I chose against getting sandals, but I'll still have to wear the shorts xX I hope there's gonna be a freak warmspot that lingers over where OhayoCon's gonna be held on that weekend x.x

Ameria
01-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Well we'll be sure to find you and get mucho piccies! ^_^ At least it'll be worth it then.

Bonk
01-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah XP as long as I'm happy with the costume, all work I do on it'll be worth it. Even if it does involve working every minute I have available x.x I'm doomed though, because it seems that we'll be getting a lot more homework this week, so my time'll be even less Xx. Bleh, my dad got me a hat that's the -exact same- colour as Kouichi's, so I have to now sew the logo thing on it...oh joy -Runs off to get white thread and a good needle to start working-.