PDA

View Full Version : Beatrix FF9

twentystitches
12-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Hey hi. I've been busily working on this costume but I'm kinda stumped on how to make her belt.

http://www.geocities.com/faithsdemon/04-17.jpg

There's a picture for those that don't know what it looks like. >.o;; I've never made a belt before and it's fairly wide. So..uh any advice? I've got three good sewing stores(JoAnns, G-street, Hancock) near my house so I can probably find whatever fabric I need. ^^;; Thanks.

KnuxieChan
01-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Heheh, that's cool yer gonna be Beatrix! Here's another pic of her for you. I think you might try getting some kind of material and making it, or put two belts together ^.^'

MikigamiTokiya
01-01-2003, 05:22 PM
i have a couple screen caps from the ending that might be useful. If you need any of thoes just email me cause they're kinda big and it won't let me attach em

PretearWink
01-01-2003, 08:54 PM
I began to make Beatrix, but stopped after I noticed I'd have to make metal boots ^^;; I made the belt by buying brown pleather at jo anne's and folding it in two, sewing up the sides. Then I bought a huge old belt from goodwill and cut off the buckle and attatched it to the pleather. Then I used gold fabric paint (the cheap stuff that really builds up on top of each coat that comes in the squeezable tube) and carefully drew on the design....very...very...slowly and lovingly. It looks great^_^

MikigamiTokiya
01-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah i started one at one time but it just never got done and is being recycled now. I had somebody to embroider the rose on the back too ^^;; oh well

psythe
01-01-2003, 09:02 PM
Beatrix is awesome! XD!

I wanna see pics when you get it done ^^v

twentystitches
01-01-2003, 09:11 PM
^^ Thanks for the replies! I think I'll try making it with the brown pleather. o.o *glomps* Thank you so much!

Haha. Well I'll just be glad when this costume is done. Every other day I'm making my mom drive me out to the store so I can get something else. She's slowly going insane and the people at the store now know me as the crazy anime girl that's making a costume. ^_^V And mom dreading the day I start working on that blasted sword.

For the rose on the back, I printed out some sort of stencil thing which is pretty big, I'm gonna cut that out and use it as a pattern then sew it on.

I've got a pair of old boots that look ratty. Do you think I can spraypaint them a silverish color? They're just made out of leather. That'd be pretty easy too. XD Then I'd have a excuse to go out and buy another pair!

Amethyst Angel
01-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Metal boots? Check out my most recent post in my thread on armormaking:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=102710#post102710

Here. I'll post a picture of the armor-plated shoes I just finished. Might THESE be the kind of things you're looking to make?

twentystitches
01-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Oh wow. Those look great! Ah, it sounds silly to say good job, but you did one. Haha, that probably would be the best looking thing for this costume, though I doubt I'll be able to make those along with the sword in time for Katsucon. Maybe I'll take a stab at it, on a later date.

Thanks for the link to that thread also, I compiled a lot of tips.