PDA

View Full Version : Yoshitaka Amano to attend AniZona 01!!

Jinx
01-28-2005, 04:28 PM
If you are contemplating going.. THIS IS WHAT WILL MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!

I love Amano-san, and I know a lot of you guys do as well.. and he's a confirmed GOH at this year's AniZona. I can't believe it. I'm going to piss my pants!!! @.@

I KNOW I will see you all there!!!

Tenshi
01-28-2005, 04:52 PM
. . .I'm totally, completely speechless. *is about to cry from joy*

Edit: Ok, I've composed myself (somewhat!). I really want to know how they pulled this one off. I think I'm going to refrain from having a complete joygasm until there's more info.

Maryssa
01-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I'm absolutely flipping my shit here XD

Dany
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
This is Dany stomping about in disappointment knowing full well I won't be able to attend this. W0e. It's the weekend before CostumeCon.

However, all goes well, he will not go unthought of that weekend. :)

Jinx
01-28-2005, 06:34 PM
I know a girl who's on the committee, and she dispensed this info in my lj, so I have the honor of being the first few to know. XD

She said she spent six months with his agent! I can't believe he's never even been to AX or Otakon (or even Comi-con.. or has he?)

Edit: Oops, someone told me he has been to Otakon and one other con at least.. but not AX.

FlameSniperRei
01-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Again I am still baffled at how a new convention was able to get him x_x

Jinx
01-28-2005, 09:01 PM
FlameSniperRei:

I'm told that they just got him to sign an appearance contract so far. They're planning on having a GOH signing session on Sunday, but what Amano will be doing is still up in the air.

So... at least we'll get to see him? :P

Michi
01-28-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm very impressed that they were able to get him, being a first year con and all. Haha, I think he's a good artist but I'm not one of the insane fans that'd be trying to automatically book a flight there. XD; But I do know this'll gain them a lot more attendees!

Jinx
01-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Me too! I was excited enough to see Katie Bair.. lol.

But it seems as though that already 850+ have registered.. and I have yet to register. >_< I honestly can't imagine Phoenix being a high-populated anime city becuase there's such small turnouts to all other anime events.. but we'll see how this goes!

Protodoll
01-29-2005, 08:41 AM
oh. my. god.
There's no chance I could get to Arizona, but.. but... I wanna! T_T

scandia
01-29-2005, 10:41 AM
My best friend lives in Arizona. I don't think she has ever played Final Fantasy. This would be a perfect excuse to visit her again...if both of us were not swamped with school and work stuff.

Man, why can't he come to East Coast or Dixie cons? Specifically FL cons or AWA? I hope they bring more of his goodies.

Jinx
01-30-2005, 01:43 AM
My best friend lives in Arizona. I don't think she has ever played Final Fantasy. This would be a perfect excuse to visit her again...if both of us were not swamped with school and work stuff.

Man, why can't he come to East Coast or Dixie cons? Specifically FL cons or AWA? I hope they bring more of his goodies.

I heard he's been to Otakon at least once before, and has had a gallery (or more, not sure) in New York..

Rogue Marvel
02-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Me too! I was excited enough to see Katie Bair.. lol.

But it seems as though that already 850+ have registered.. and I have yet to register. >_< I honestly can't imagine Phoenix being a high-populated anime city becuase there's such small turnouts to all other anime events.. but we'll see how this goes!

alot of out of state people were planing on going even before this news was announced. Alot of us have friend from arizona who have been coming out to other cons for years and they are draging us in.

Heck I'm staffing and I've never been to a con outside of california, but I have a large group of friends who are heading anizona departments so I'm going to help them make this the best con possable and even with out that I have friend going just for the hell of it. Hell, for some of us southern californians its a shorter drive out there then to fanime.