PDA

View Full Version : SNK KOF Meeting For Fanime 05

videogamefanboy
01-29-2005, 04:51 AM
Anyone want to have a KOF/ SNK meeting at Fanime. My friends and I will be going as team fatal wolf.

Jujubeans
01-29-2005, 03:14 PM
I think it's been decided that the SNK/KOF gathering is after Der Cosplay, but I'm not still sure. It's been decided because a group of friends and I are going to Der Cosplay as SNK characters and also are performing. As far as a seperate gathering, go for it.

SohjiroX
02-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Either Orochi Chris or my new king outfit.

Jujubeans
02-03-2005, 12:32 AM
:] Well ello SohjiroX! *wave* You better go as someone you identify with. I don't think there's a brunette King hanging around, lol. Just go as Orochi Chris then. I suppose I should post a list of those whom we will be having at our gathering so far. x_x Forgiveness to me if I don't remember handles as I just have a small chickensratch list:

This is who I have for the gathering so far after Der Cosplay
-Iori x 2
-Kyo
-Mr. Karate
-Terry
-Rock
-Joe or Andy.. most likely Andy
-Choi
-Robert
-Chris
-Blue Mary
-Yuri

BlackDelo
02-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I'll have my Iori ready.

Shinsengumi
02-05-2005, 03:38 AM
I have my Robert Garcia costume ready by Fanime.

Jujubeans
02-06-2005, 03:48 PM
:3 woot-erific. Updated list above. I hope to see you all there.

videogamefanboy
02-06-2005, 04:22 PM
:3 woot-erific. Updated list above. I hope to see you all there.

You also for got I will have Andy Boguard as well as Joe.

Jujubeans
02-06-2005, 11:47 PM
:] you kai! *re edits the list*

DivineSage
02-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Awesome! I'll see if I can get King together for Fanime, and I may be able to coax my friend into a Yuri.

Jujubeans
02-07-2005, 11:49 PM
:] Yaay! I'll update the list then!

Evolution
02-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Hmmmph...The ENTIRE Kyokugen Team being present??? Such a thought is pretty sweet...TAKE THAT Team Fatal Wolf...hahaha...

Jujubeans
02-08-2005, 06:13 PM
:P The group ALMOST had a Team Korea until our Mr. Karate decided just to stay as Mr. Karate and not balance in between Chang and Takuma. Our Terry was going to go as Kim, but also decided that he only wanted to wear so many costumes.

videogamefanboy
02-08-2005, 07:07 PM
:] Well ello SohjiroX! *wave* You better go as someone you identify with. I don't think there's a brunette King hanging around, lol. Just go as Orochi Chris then. I suppose I should post a list of those whom we will be having at our gathering so far. x_x Forgiveness to me if I don't remember handles as I just have a small chickensratch list:

This is who I have for the gathering so far after Der Cosplay
-Iori x 2
-Kyo
-Mr. Karate
-Terry
-Rock
-Joe
-Choi
-Robert
-Chris
-King
-Yuri?

edit for vgfanboy: : ) I don't think you can wear two costumes at once, so I put you down as Joe since I think that's the char for der cosplay, right?

Yea but after the cosplay I don't want to frezze my but off outside as joe so I was going to change into andy

Evolution
02-08-2005, 09:12 PM
:P The group ALMOST had a Team Korea until our Mr. Karate decided just to stay as Mr. Karate and not balance in between Chang and Takuma. Our Terry was going to go as Kim, but also decided that he only wanted to wear so many costumes.

Hmm, I suppose...then again, Chang isn't the most flattering costume, in fact, it can be downright insulting...

What in the name of Evolution is "Orochi Chris"??? That one sounds kinda odd...

DivineSage
02-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Alright, I persuaded my friend to go as Yuri. I'm definitely doing King, but I can also do Mary, if you want. Just tell me if you want me to both. Also, what day are you planning on having the gathering, because my parents won't let me skip school, so I'll only be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Evolution
02-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Jujubeans said that the gathering might be after Der Cosplay, so I'm thinking Saturday or Sunday night, but I think that's just me...she'll answer the question more properly...I kinda want to know when this gathering is as well...

Jujubeans
02-09-2005, 12:42 AM
:P The gathering is on Der Cosplay night, which is a Sunday this year. It'll be in front of the fountains.

DivineSage
02-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Ok, I'm not sure, then... I'll probably be leaving Sunday (unless I can talk my parents into letting me skip school on Monday, which is highly unlikely), so I don't think I'd make it to the gathering.

Jujubeans
02-10-2005, 12:14 AM
:\ School on that Monday? It's Memorial Day, so you shouldn't even have school. Check your school schedule bc all schools in the US are required to have that day reserved.

DivineSage
02-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Oh! Thank you! Man, now I feel stupid for worrying... Ok, then, count Yuri and I in.

Jujubeans
02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
:D I'm glad to be of some helpies to you. Hehe. It's a Yuri and King or Blue Mary? Either will work of course. :P However you get style points if you go as Mary because we'll have a Terry there at the gathering.

DivineSage
02-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Hmmm... I'd rather go as King, but I'll do whatever will be best for the gathering.

DivineSage
02-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Hmmm... I'd rather go as King, but I'll do whatever will be best for the gathering. I can do Mary for the gathering, and I'll just cosplay King around the con.

Jujubeans
02-11-2005, 11:56 PM
:P Alrighty then. I'll put you down as Mary, ne?

DivineSage
02-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Ok. Cool. So, tell me (because I'm such an idiot and my brother has barred me from his KOF games, plus I never beat the game with Mary) what is the relationship between Terry and Mary?

Jujubeans
02-12-2005, 01:08 AM
I'll have to research that for you. : ) I know there IS a story between them. All I have to do is find the SNK geek who knows it. Gimme 24 hours unless someone else on the boards knows it offhand.

DivineSage
02-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Ok, cool. Yeah, I know there's something between them, but I should know more about Blue Mary before I cosplay her, so thanks.

Evolution
02-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey there Ookami...As far as your Q invloving Mary, I found these online...I hope it's some help to you...

http://www.maidenmasher.com/bluemaryindex.html

http://www.landoffice.com/blue_mary.htm

Jujubeans
02-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Aww, you're too late, sweetums. I already PMed OokamiTsuki. :P Good references though.

cactusmomma
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Either Orochi Chris or my new king outfit.

Been meaning to ask you, (aim sucks!) would you want to use the cumberbund you have for this or should I still try for a silver one? The jacket should be done before mid-March jfyi.

DivineSage
02-14-2005, 10:27 PM
JuJuBeans and Evolution: Thanks so much for your help. Now that I know more about Blue Mary, I should have no problem cosplaying her. Thanks again.

Jujubeans
02-15-2005, 06:33 PM
:P You're welcome. I'll tell Evolution too since he's my hubby. Now that you know about her, we better see you at the Gathering. Watch out for us!

DivineSage
02-15-2005, 10:19 PM
lol. Of course I'll be there (Although I'll probably be feezing in Blue Mary's clothes, but I'm sure Terry will keep me warm ;P)

Jujubeans
02-16-2005, 12:39 AM
:P I'm sure our Terry won't mind a bit. He's a burly kind of guy and.... *GASP!!!* THAT'S MY BLACK MAGE!! *steals tsuki's icon for herself* Hehe. ^_~

cactusmomma
02-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Ah....I remember Fanime...my first con....the memories...

And for fair time warning, you guys better get me lots and lots of pictures! I'm working on a KoF cosplayer database webbiesite thing and need more people for it :F

SohjiroX
02-16-2005, 02:25 AM
Honestly Silver with the outfit? did we say that was a good color choice? And um, honestly I have no clue when you want this all done and yeah I would need a new one.

cactusmomma
02-16-2005, 05:26 AM
Maybe a red the same shade as on the jacket? Ionno! S'why I'm asking you for input :P Your tastes and all.

And I should have it done by mid-March, unless something happens with the baby's doc appointments and suchnot.

Jujubeans
02-16-2005, 12:51 PM
And for fair time warning, you guys better get me lots and lots of pictures! I'm working on a KoF cosplayer database webbiesite thing and need more people for it :F

Will do. I think BSapphire is covering the gathering as a photographer as well, so she can most likely get some nice pics. Don't forget to talk to her after con is done.

DivineSage
02-16-2005, 06:46 PM
:P I'm sure our Terry won't mind a bit. He's a burly kind of guy and.... *GASP!!!* THAT'S MY BLACK MAGE!! *steals tsuki's icon for herself* Hehe. ^_~

lol. I guess I don't have to worry about being cold then! Or I can steal my friend Jay's leather jacket and say it's that Butch guy's jacket. Yes... And Black Mage is yours. I like Red Mage best, but I like this icon, so...

Jopko
02-19-2005, 02:25 AM
hmm well I'm thinking of doing Malin....but I don't know if I could get it done in time for Fanime....so I'm a maybe....I'll keep you updated on my status...

DivineSage
02-19-2005, 03:28 PM
hmm well I'm thinking of doing Malin....but I don't know if I could get it done in time for Fanime....so I'm a maybe....I'll keep you updated on my status...

You might be Malin? OMG how cute! For some odd reason, she reminds of Hinako...

cactusmomma
02-20-2005, 01:19 AM
There was a rumor that they were sisters, but that's a negatory.

Sohjiro: I found this....it's really a wine red color, but my camera's flash is weird. Yey? Nay?

Jujubeans
02-22-2005, 07:07 PM

You might be Malin? OMG how cute! For some odd reason, she reminds of Hinako...

Malin and Hinako are on the same team as Athena, right? :P I think they make a nice trio of school girls.

SohjiroX
02-22-2005, 07:13 PM
yay I think, looks fine to me, thanks.

DivineSage
02-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Malin and Hinako are on the same team as Athena, right? :P I think they make a nice trio of school girls.

Wait, I thought Athena was on the psychic team with Bao, Chin, and Kensou. Hinako's on the girl's team with Mai, King, and Malin.

cactusmomma
02-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Since when? The women's team in 2k3 is King, Mai and Blue Mary. High School Girl's team is Athena, Hinako and Malin*. Bao and Kensou lost their 'dragon powers' (which is also what Ash has in a way) and Chin is babysitting them or something.

Sohjiro: Awesome. I'll get the stuff to you as soon as it's finished.

*I've been told that Malin is not her real name and she's also behind the nefarity of the Women Team's jumping into the tournament. So we'll see what happens next.

Evolution
03-01-2005, 10:36 PM
*GONG*

So yeah, do we or do we not have an official gathering place/time???

DivineSage
03-03-2005, 12:25 AM
That's the problem there. I'm going with 2000/2001, which has Athena on the Psychic team with Bao, Kensou, and Chin, and the Women's team is King, Mai, Hinako, and Kasumi. Blue Mary's on the Fatal team with Andy and Terry.

FallenSpork
03-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Guess it's time for the resident, whooping boy aka Choi to pop in and say. Doesn't really matter where we meet. I'm gonna be tagging along with my group anyhow. I won't be like the normal Choi at the end of KOF and be left behind.

I'll just wrap my arms around a leg and sink my claws in.

DivineSage
03-14-2005, 11:01 PM
O.O *slowly steps away and hides behind Terry*

Jujubeans
03-15-2005, 12:30 AM
HA! Don't be afraid of Spork. He's literally harmless. I can take him down. If not me, then our local Terry can take care of the job. Hehe...

Oh yeah... I'm trying to get a girl friend of mine to go as Athena 99. WISH ME LUCK!

Youko_Kurama
03-16-2005, 09:15 PM
*smiles* well... I think it is about time to join this gathering.... Well I am going as Angel. And I am sure that I will be able to find other KOF character, because most of Team Flex have KOF character costumes. I am sure you will find me hanging out with them. But I would love to be in the gathering.... *smiles* even though my mother is going to take pictures for this gathering.

DivineSage
03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Good Luck, JuJuBeans, we could use an Athena. And Angel's cool.

Youko_Kurama
03-17-2005, 02:46 AM
Thanks, I can not wait to get the costume done and wear it for fanime. Looks like lots of fun. We should all have fighting pics and such. That or we can leave my mother to be the master mind of the pictures. *sigh* though she does not know much about KOF, But I am sure that team flex and videogamefanboy will help her out on that. *smiles*

videogamefanboy
03-17-2005, 03:07 AM
Thanks, I can not wait to get the costume done and wear it for fanime. Looks like lots of fun. We should all have fighting pics and such. That or we can leave my mother to be the master mind of the pictures. *sigh* though she does not know much about KOF, But I am sure that team flex and videogamefanboy will help her out on that. *smiles*

Of course we/I will help you out to understand the characters actions and poses

Youko_Kurama
03-17-2005, 03:25 AM
Of course we/I will help you out to understand the characters actions and poses

You guys are always so sweet. Thank you ever so much.

Evolution
03-17-2005, 03:41 AM

Ugh, yeah aside from all the sappiness and junk, let's get to business please...
Has this gathering found a time and place to happen yet??? What's our official roster list and who's showing up...

Youko_Kurama
03-17-2005, 04:11 AM

Ugh, yeah aside from all the sappiness and junk, let's get to business please...
Has this gathering found a time and place to happen yet??? What's our official roster list and who's showing up...

*Giggles* I know this one. The time and day is Sunday after Der Cosplay. At least that is what I have down on the Fanime boards for this gathering. No one has told me other wise. And so far about place I was hearing fountains.

Evolution
03-17-2005, 04:16 AM
Grr...is everyone aware that it's going to be well towards the wee hours of the evening by the time Der Cosplay is finished...not to mention that one of our Cosplay troupe members is brain-farting and deciding to change costumes right before the gathering???

And WHAT fountains??? The ones right outside the Convention Center???

This'll be my first real gathering, so I have to ask, exactly how long do these silly things last for??? I'm going to be Staff at Fanime, so I'm already probably going to miss a bit...don't wanna miss TOO much...

Youko_Kurama
03-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Grr...is everyone aware that it's going to be well towards the wee hours of the evening by the time Der Cosplay is finished...not to mention that one of our Cosplay troupe members is brain-farting and deciding to change costumes right before the gathering???

And WHAT fountains??? The ones right outside the Convention Center???

This'll be my first real gathering, so I have to ask, exactly how long do these silly things last for??? I'm going to be Staff at Fanime, so I'm already probably going to miss a bit...don't wanna miss TOO much...

*giggles* Silly... well the reason the gathering is late is because BSaphire wants to take every ones pictures. The gathering day and time was also set a long time ago... at least as much as I know. Also, just because it is a little dark does not mean that our camras can not take the picture. Mother has a new camra that is way cooler then that big one. And if we really want we can make two gatherings, one like in the morning or so that way we do not get hit up by the other gatherings. As for Fountains, yes the ones outside the convention center.
And yes I know I would have to change out of Youko into Angel. It really should not be to hard. I will be just a little late, but not to late. *smiles* that or if I am able to change back stage. Still asking about that as we speak.
For how long this things last, well it depends on how many and what kind of pictures ever one wants to take. Most gatherings of a good size lasts an hour or so. Smaller ones last about 30 min.... and so on and such. It all is really a matter of what every one wants to do and how many photographers there are.
I hope this helps a little. Ask anything else if you have anything more you would like to know.

Evolution
03-17-2005, 04:50 AM
Oh, it wasn't you I was referring to in terms of having to change costumes, it was Andy/Joe guy...I swear, those two don't know where they're going sometimes. At any rate, how does the photography work, is it like a bunch of group pics, or a lot of indie pics? As good an idea as splitting the gathering seems, some of the cosplayers have other things to do later during cons, so maybe it'd be best to take care of it all at once...

When I mentioned the night, it wasn't the darkness that concerned me, but rather the time constraint...as I said, Staff already has to miss quite a lot, and we don't even have a clue what our hours are yet...I suppose I should keep you up to speed on that, since HALF of Team Flex is staffing (not to mention the 2 mouthpieces)...

What is our full roster as of this point and who's gonna be there...?

DivineSage
03-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I'll be there as Blue Mary definitely, my friend will also definitely be there, but as far as her Yuri costume goes, I'm only really sure it'll be done. And we can take a lot of individual pics, or we can do a lot of group pics, or we can do team pics, usually it just goes with the flow.

Youko_Kurama
03-17-2005, 05:04 PM
At any rate, how does the photography work, is it like a bunch of group pics, or a lot of indie pics? As good an idea as splitting the gathering seems, some of the cosplayers have other things to do later during cons, so maybe it'd be best to take care of it all at once...

Well mostly Photographers take the large Gathering pic first, then small group pictures and lastly one on one pictures. This way it all works out for every one and the Photographers and cosplayers are happy. If You have to leave before the end of the gathering, make sure to tell the Photographer so that they can take your pictures with the group and by yourself.

What is our full roster as of this point and who's gonna be there...?

If you would like I can do it. *Smiles* Then make videogamefanboy post it on the first post like he is suposse to do. I can also look at what all cosplays are going on the Fanime boards as well.

SohjiroX
03-29-2005, 10:38 AM
i have three, well really one legit KOF outfit and two remix outfits, i'm only going to wear one, but I'll see who is going still from my group of SNK friends in So cal and accross the states, than plan from there, more then likekly Orochi Chris, but maybe Slayer King.

Imari-chan
04-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I can either be Leona maximum impact clothing alternative color or something from snk.

Jujubeans
04-04-2005, 02:24 AM
That's fine Imari. :P At one point I was going to royaly piss off my group by dressing up as Max Impact Iori. Maybe next year, lol. See you there!

CountMetal
05-20-2005, 01:48 AM
I am looking foward to it. ^_^ I hope I found the place where the photo shoot will be because this will be my first con outside MD.

SohjiroX
05-21-2005, 02:59 PM
I'll try for Orochi Chris, but I dont have his shoes made since I dont have the time or cash to go get the parts to make them, though i know how to now finally. But I will have 98 version slayer King ready incase Orocih Chris falls through.