PDA

View Full Version : Tekkoshocon?

NeshaChan
12-31-2002, 04:04 PM
I was wondeirng if anyone was going to Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh in March? :<

http://www.tekkoshocon.com

I'll be there, but I haven't decided which costumes to wear, or if I'm going to make a new one. :(

Cassandra
12-31-2002, 04:28 PM
hmmm....we might but it depends on whether or not I can talk my husband into going. The baby will just be a year old then so she might be a little bit better at a con.

Ameria
01-01-2003, 01:01 AM
I'm going to try to make it. ^^ It's only about an hour and a half from where I live, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Hope to see you there!

Oshi
01-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Maybe *shrug*

NeshaChan
01-02-2003, 11:39 PM
It's the closest a con has ever been to my home (45 minutes) so of course, I must go. Whee!

Lady_Sephiroth
01-04-2003, 01:52 PM
It's 15 minutes from my house. I'll be there, and am acting as crash space for all my out of town friends to get them to come too! I can't wait!

Sami
01-12-2003, 01:49 PM
/me drags up old topic :D

I may go.. not sure though. Anyone that's been there before, what was it like? Size-wise, stuff to do, etc.. ^___^

Cassandra
01-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Sami
/me drags up old topic :D

I may go.. not sure though. Anyone that's been there before, what was it like? Size-wise, stuff to do, etc.. ^___^

It's a first year con....so no one's been there before ;)

Sami
01-12-2003, 07:19 PM
> It's a first year con....so no one's been there before

LMAO!! There goes my research.. ^____^;;;

NeshaChan
01-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Hehe, It looks like it'll be small but fun.... Someone hang out with me because all my friends are moving away and nobody will go with me. T______T

Lady_Sephiroth
01-15-2003, 09:28 PM
They're having all the usual -- Games, cosplay, AMV contest, Dance, panels, etc. It's just a 2-day con instead of 3 and a grand experiment! Please come (I know most ofthe Staff, and I know it's going to be great!)

Oshi
01-15-2003, 09:35 PM
If they can score a DDR arcade machine like Ohayo did, I'm DEFINATELY there.. ^^;;;

Edit: Ah, just saw the site; guess not. Oh well, still going, cuz their DDR tournament setup is very intriguing!

Celine
01-15-2003, 09:35 PM
IT WILL BE HAPPY AND AWESOME AND YOU SHOULD ALL COME! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And.. err... no, I'm not on staff or anything... the con isn't twenty minutes from my apartment, or anything... hehe XD

Jibrille
01-15-2003, 10:12 PM
i might be going, since Celine was so convincing. XD

Sami
01-16-2003, 11:52 AM
> the con isn't twenty minutes from my apartment, or anything... hehe XD

LOL and now I am envious. ;___; I will probably go just to show my envy to the world!

Actually, I was probably gonna go for a day anyways. ^^;;

Ameria
01-16-2003, 01:54 PM
All right, my One Piece group should be there! ^^ Maybe we'll try the cosplay if enough people know who we are, and I shall bring my pirate flag and we will conquer. >D ph33r.

Bonk
01-16-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm going! ^^

That is..unless my mom says otherwise. My dad's said we'll likely go though, and he's usually the decider. Besides, my mom can stay home...she says she's scared of the cosplayers XP you shoulda seen her at OhayoCon...-Coughs- Anyways, I'll likely wear my Chibi Luffy costume both days, unless I decide something different ^^.

Alexeil
01-17-2003, 06:19 PM
I'll be there, too. Dunno what if I'll be wearing a costume as of yet. Will definetly be nice to attend a con so close to home tho ^_^

Oshi
01-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Wow. I just realized I have no place to stay for Tekkosho... Maybe I shouldn't bother...

Sami
01-23-2003, 10:40 AM
> Wow. I just realized I have no place to stay for Tekkosho... Maybe I shouldn't bother...

Why not just go up for a day? ^_^ It'll be about a 2-3 hour drive for me, but I'm 80% sure I'm going to head up for just Saturday.. just leave early, and come home late. ^_-

Oshi
01-23-2003, 12:17 PM
It's a 4+ hour drive for me... =/
Meh, I need to save up my money anyway...

Cassandra
01-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Oshi
It's a 4+ hour drive for me... =/
Meh, I need to save up my money anyway...

*grin* If you're near Philly...it's more like 6 ;)

Celine
01-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Oshi, you should come! I'm going to get a room (soon), since even though I live only a few minutes away, I'm on staff and should probably be there the whole time. Plus, carting around costumes is just going to be a bother. If you decide to go, you can stay with me.

rogue
01-23-2003, 08:04 PM
Ahem..... (you suck Flexei, ha ha)

Yes, I do make the plans. Like Flexei said. We are going to wear Kyo and Tohru from Fruits Basket on Saturday, Sera and Yayoi for the masquerade. And we're wearing Fuuko and Hibiki from I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs on Sunday.

I am very excited about this con. It's only an hour away. I don't even care if it sucks.

>Hehe, It looks like it'll be small but fun.... Someone hang out >with me because all my friends are moving away and nobody >will go with me. T______T

Don't worry, we'll talk to you! ^_^ All of us Morgantown people got to stick together.

Oshi
01-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Cassandra
*grin* If you're near Philly...it's more like 6 ;) Nahh, it was 6-7 to Columbus Ohio, should be at most 5 ^^;

Well, Celine, if you can hook me up with a room, then I'll gladly come =D

NeshaChan
01-26-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by rogue24
Don't worry, we'll talk to you! ^_^ All of us Morgantown people got to stick together.

Yay! I didn't want to be wandering around in a vauge fog of solitude all day...

Celine
01-26-2003, 05:08 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

So, my dad decided to move the date of his wedding reception. It was going to be the 22nd, but now it's the 29th. That mean, no Tekkoshocon for me. I'm slightly frustrated. -_-

Sami
01-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Aw Celine, that sucks! ;_;

I realized that the con was farther away from me than I thought (5 hours?!) so I'm not going either. ;____; For some reason I thought Pittsburgh was where Philly is.. @_@;

Oshi
01-27-2003, 10:07 PM
You confused Pittsburgh and Philly? ...k...
bah, if only Philly did have a con this year.

Cassandra
01-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
You confused Pittsburgh and Philly? ...k...
bah, if only Philly did have a con this year.

Well...umm....I have to write up an official announcement....but there's gonna be a thing happening near Philly...not really a *con* per say but definitely a thing...and it will be cool. :D

Sami
01-28-2003, 06:10 PM
> You confused Pittsburgh and Philly? ...k...

Well I'm not from the area, and haven't been here for long.. ;_;

Ooo, a thing? I wanna know about cool things! :D :D

rogue
01-29-2003, 07:39 PM
It's posted on the Tekkoshocon website that you can register early for the cosplay. I emailed them and asked what information that they wanted and no one has written back.

Has anyone else tried to register yet?

SailorAndromeda
02-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Aw Celine, you're not going ??
I was thinking of going for Saturday, especially since it'd give me a chance to see you again, and it sounds like a small fun con. But now maybe not. Besides, I'd have to convince the hubby... $_$

Ameria
02-18-2003, 06:16 PM
My group and I are definitely going. We just got the room booked. ^^ Expect a dose of One Piece pirates and maybe some Mononoke-Hime complete with the Ghetto Kodama Duo (GKD). XD