PDA

View Full Version : *WARNING NARUTO ch. 245 SPOILERS* Anyone going to soon cosplay as Naruto or Sakura?

ArimaSoichiro
01-30-2005, 02:06 AM
If you read the new chapter that came out, Naruto and Sakura have some new outfits. To me, its a nice change for once, though Naruto still won't get rid of that orange... but it is nice to know he changed for the better.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/naruto_ch245_p08.png (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou) Sakura on that other hand changed significantly, no more chinese long dress but... how can I explain this? You'll have to see this yourself. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/naruto_ch245_p14.png (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/naruto_ch245_p14.png) Her's is more umm... drastic than Naruto's. Now this really sets me up for 'How would Sasuke look like?' So overall, anyone willing to cosplay as the 'new' Team 7?

Chibi Ice Wolf
01-30-2005, 02:09 AM
It annoys me how similar Naruto's oufit is... Sakura's new outfit is kinda cute. ^^ I'm waiting to see the colors, though... Me and my boyfriend are anxiously awaiting Rock Lee and Hinata's new outfits, and if we like them, it'd be a fun cosplay for us. ^.~ I don't look good in giant coats and he doesn't look good in spandex. x.x

ArimaSoichiro
01-30-2005, 02:16 AM
It annoys me how similar Naruto's oufit is... Sakura's new outfit is kinda cute. ^^ I'm waiting to see the colors, though... Me and my boyfriend are anxiously awaiting Rock Lee and Hinata's new outfits, and if we like them, it'd be a fun cosplay for us. ^.~ I don't look good in giant coats and he doesn't look good in spandex. x.x

Yes, its a sad day for all, NARUTO HASN"T CHANGED HIS OUTFIT 'cept for the colors, but THAT DOESN"T MATTER DOES IT? I'd put up some color photos if there were any, but alas, there are not any available... I'll put some up A.S.A.P., ok? Like you, I hope everyone else's changes (Team 8, 10, and Gai's team) 's outfits changed more than Naruto's. we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

Eleryth
01-30-2005, 02:42 AM
I kinda like the new looks. They actually look older now with the changing styles. A bit more mature.

hikarilight
01-30-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm waiting to see the others to decide on my choice of new outfits XD I find choosing my own colours make it more my own, more interesting and unique XD But following the original colours is good as well~

Chibik3r0
01-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I think I'll be waiting to see how more characters turned out. Of course, I'm going to want to try Kiba's new outfit when it comes out XD I hope Akamaru hasn't changed TOO much seeing as I forked over a bunch for the plushie I have, but I think that's wishful thinking.

I'm wondering how recognizable the costumes will be at first... I can see most people who only keep up with the anime being completely lost about the change in costume design.

hikarilight
01-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm wondering how recognizable the costumes will be at first... I can see most people who only keep up with the anime being completely lost about the change in costume design.

That's what makes it much more interesting to wear XD Yay for obscure costumes~

Digital Blush
01-30-2005, 07:10 PM
i cant wait to see sasuke's outfit i'll make it. O_O if he has the eyeliner orochimaru look i'll do that too XD teehee!

hentaigirl82
01-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I agree with everyone else I love thier new looks, I think once word gets out about the outfits ppl will probally do the new costumes

CandyElly
01-30-2005, 08:13 PM
I will definately do Sakura's once there are more clear pictures of it. Those boots make her uber sexy now :)

Shattered_Angel
01-30-2005, 08:47 PM
O ive known about these outfits for some time now and I looking forward to doing the new Naruto outfit but only after I finish my do my kyubi naruto first and my Kimimaro ^_^\/

HybridTwist
01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
So is every character going to have a new outfit? Like, I don't know....Shino? (I plan on doing him, lol)

Mokona Plushie
01-30-2005, 09:12 PM
I would love to do Sakura's despite how I hated her when she was younger but so far she is being nicer to Naruto.

BUT

If Tenten appears for a spilt second you bet I will be all over that >.>

Mekou
01-30-2005, 09:15 PM
I cannot wait to see other character's new outfits. ^___^ Hhhm I wonder how drastic they changed? <.<

ArimaSoichiro
01-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Sorry, screwed up a text box...

ArimaSoichiro
01-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Well, I'm only assuming this but, maybe in ch. 247 or later, we'll be blessed with how all of the rookie 8 (Sasuke left, remember?) + Neji, Lee, and Tenten have changed over the 2 and a half years that have passed since the battle between Sasuke and Naruto. Ch. 246 is the bell test once again, but only with Naruto and Sakura V.S. Kakashi-sensei. Will their outfits be as we dreamed? (I'm refering to everyone besides Naruto and Sakura's) Or somewhat of a major dissappoinment? Who knows? Its sure to be good, but one can only hope. as soon as better pictures of Naruto and Sakura or whoever remains that we have not seen yet, I'll try to be the first to post it.

dollssoulkirie
01-31-2005, 03:53 AM
I'd probably do Sakura's new costume, since a friend of mine plus I both agreed to do Ino & Sakura together. Just have to wait to see what Ino's looks like. ^^

tamamushiiro
02-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Well, they *are* older. About fifteen for Naruto, I believe. And ArimaSoichiro, I would veeeeery much appreciate color images. >.< I was just telling my sister, "We will be part of the few who are up to date with manga with new costumes!" ...And then I remembered that 1: I'm poor, and 2: I have no sewing machine, AND, 3: I live in the anti-anime void that is the Midwest. In Wisconsin. I have said this before, so I'll drop it.

OOOH! *pokes favorites* Go to http://www.narutochuushin.com for not only translated manga and openings and endings, buuut... *bumbumBUM* Ninja of the Night!!! *points to Shattered_Angel's siggy* Laughter ensues. "I'll use my Chinese star to pick the locks and steal your car! Ninja of the Ni(Ninja of the night)ght, Ninja of the Ni(Night)ght!" Hoo boy. Funny *stuff*. Off-topic: Have you seen the Narutrix?

ArimaSoichiro
02-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Well, they *are* older. About fifteen for Naruto, I believe. And ArimaSoichiro, I would veeeeery much appreciate color images. >.< I was just telling my sister, "We will be part of the few who are up to date with manga with new costumes!" ...And then I remembered that 1: I'm poor, and 2: I have no sewing machine, AND, 3: I live in the anti-anime void that is the Midwest. In Wisconsin. I have said this before, so I'll drop it.

OOOH! *pokes favorites* Go to http://www.narutochuushin.com for not only translated manga and openings and endings, buuut... *bumbumBUM* Ninja of the Night!!! *points to Shattered_Angel's siggy* Laughter ensues. "I'll use my Chinese star to pick the locks and steal your car! Ninja of the Ni(Ninja of the night)ght, Ninja of the Ni(Night)ght!" Hoo boy. Funny *stuff*. Off-topic: Have you seen the Narutrix?

Here's one colored image I found, still looking for others.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/naruto_ch245_p08special2.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/naruto_ch245_p08special2.jpg)

ycysusan2001
02-10-2005, 10:37 PM
most of the people change their outfit, but not Kakashi
I really want to see him eith different outfit TT

lavender_mists
02-11-2005, 08:38 PM
For some reason, when I first saw Sakura's new outfit, it looked like an altered version of Ino's purple outfit. I don't think there is a coloured picture of her new clothes yet, but I'm assuming that it will still be the same red colour as her former one.

Temari's (sp?) new one has different colours, but judging from Naruto's outfit, their team should have the same colour scheme going on. I hope to see a dramatic change for the other girls, Ino especially since she's supposed to be the cool and trendy one.

Aer
02-11-2005, 09:43 PM
As soon as they release some type of color reference for Temari, you can bet I'll do it ^_^

Just gotta get her 2nd outfit done for Katsu... >_>

I'm also really curious to the other Akatsuki members being revealed.

Meele
02-11-2005, 09:52 PM

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-12-2005, 02:12 AM
I peeked at the new chapter... yay! ^^ Yesh new outfit for Temari and she looks very couplish with Shikamaru. X3 I hope for a dramatic change for the girls too! If Hinata's still wearing a big ugly coat I'll scream. >.< Though she does have a decent amount of outfits if you include the openings and endings, just none that have really strucke me as cosplayable yet. =/

Crucifixation
02-12-2005, 02:14 AM
My friend is going to be the "new" Sakura, so to say. We are have all the materials ready, but have not even started yet. Too much trouble on the shirt. ;_;

ANoM
02-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Aw... too bad Shikamaru's hasn't made a huge drastic change... his just looks like his old team leader's now u.u;;

KaineMaxwell
02-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I like the new outfits so far, and Sakura looks even cuter! Can't wait to see how Kiba and Akumaru grew too.

NaNa~
02-12-2005, 09:59 PM
i love Temari's new Outfit! *______*
I'm currently working on it ^____~

Xan
02-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Heh I want to see Shino's new costume, it would be rather tempting to make it , if it were good, and interesting

number18
02-13-2005, 06:48 PM
As much as I would LOVE to see Rock Lee in something new, I can only imagine that he even looks more like Gai sensei. Why would he change his image? Maybe his hair got longer...who knows.

But if anyone read 247, **SPOILER**

Everyone but Naruto is a chuunin now, so maybe Lee will look EXACTLY like Gai sensei.

I sure hope not, although I'll love Lee no matter what.
Sakura's new outfit is awesome. I love her hair. She turned into the little badass of my fanfic dreams...althoug she still seems kinda ...corny. I dunno how to put it. I also love Gaara's hair. Love it, even though the change is subtle. I can't wait to see everyone!! ;-;

lemming
02-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm dying to make Gaara's new outfit for dh. I just wish I knew what color to make it...

UchihaGirl
02-24-2005, 12:49 PM
i love Temari's new Outfit! *______*
I'm currently working on it ^____~

WTF...this isn't just a reply to you but WTF?!?

How can you guys make costumes without knowing the colors? I'm at least waiting on the three year Temari outfit to get official colors from Kishimoto.

God, that is sooooo annoying. Again, I say WTF!!!

I'm going to laugh if Temari wears like green or red and Sakura is really wearing a black shirt, not pink. So, WTFWTFWTFWTF and a huge WHAT THE FRELL to go with it.

::pants:: Okay, annoyance over. Moving on....

lavender_mists
02-24-2005, 03:06 PM
::pants:: Okay, annoyance over. Moving on....

LOL... that seemed so random when reading this thread.

Anyway... I think if people like precise and accurate details on costumes, it's definately not the time to make these costumes without an official colour page.

But I have noticed that for some cosplayers, they like to switch up a few colours in the original costumes as well when they are fully aware of what colour it is supposed to be. It'll be interesting to see if people are accurate if they're making the costumes now and taking a stab at what the colour is supposed to be.

lemming
02-25-2005, 08:04 PM
It is hard, especially with the new manga being released and no idea when it'll be seen in the anime. I can guess it would be one of two colors, but after that, eh.

At least with Gaara he's easy to spot, huge gourd and all...

Keira
02-26-2005, 09:30 AM
You guys know what colors are sakura's new clothes?
rumors says that her skirt is brown, her elmo pad thingies are white, the top shirt thing (forgot the name -_-) red and the boots are black

any ideas would surely help since I'm going to start making the costume right away

number18
02-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey, does anyone also notice that Gaara's gourd seems quite a bit larger than before?

As for Sakura, man I hope a color image of her is released soon. My obsession with Naruto is like...officially full-blown.

Also, I was looking on eBay for head protectors and noticed there were black ones and blue ones. Can anyone tell me exactly who the black one is for?

happyusagi
02-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Do you have any colored pictures of Sakura's costume? It would be awsome if you did.

number18
02-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Do you have any colored pictures of Sakura's costume? It would be awsome if you did.

My dear, no one has any right now. There are some fan colorings floating around, but we really won't know until we get some color pages from Kishimoto himself in Shonen Jump. I expect it won't be terribly long...but who knows.

lemming
02-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Hey, does anyone also notice that Gaara's gourd seems quite a bit larger than before?

It does, now that you mention it. Perhaps it's growing due to the amount of sand he collected last season? Or it could reflect his ego from before...;)

Also, I was looking on eBay for head protectors and noticed there were black ones and blue ones. Can anyone tell me exactly who the black one is for?

I've seen Neji and Hinata sport black ones, and I think Kakashi wears a black one as well. Memory is a little fuzzy, I can go back and check again if you'd like. :)

number18
02-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Haha. Well, to not be TOTALLY lame, look at the ridiculous amount of sand he is manipulating with the akatsuki chick... I think it's safe to assume maaaybe the gourd is bigger because his range is greater? But hell, let's just make a whole lot of corny, pervy jokes. XD

I didn't know Hinata wore a black one. I just assumed like...the black was for Sasuke when he came back for the chuunin exam, even though this has no basis on anything than me just guessing. I also thought Kakashi wore a blue one. Feh. I only now just started paying attention to the subtleties of everyone's costume tho. Go fig I'm clueless. I wanna buy one for Sakura's new outfit, but who knows if it'll be blue or black!??!

Yunaura
02-26-2005, 09:16 PM
How far behind is the anime? My laptop only has space left for manga. =P

number18
02-26-2005, 09:20 PM
The anime is just getting to Rock Lee vs Mimimaro. Like Drunken Fist Rock Lee. <3_<3

caineyamiyasha
02-26-2005, 09:46 PM
I am pretty sure that his costume is Red! (Gaara's of course)

number18
02-26-2005, 09:50 PM
I feel like it might be that same dark sandy rusty sort of color he was wearing before... but then I think it's silly to start making assumptions like this. Black in manga is so damn ambiguous, and we will just all have to keep our pretty mouths shut for now...

lemming
02-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Yeah, when it comes to blue/black things in Naruto is can be tricky. I've seen debates over what shade Hinata's pants are, Kakashi's shirt...just never ends.

*Jibrielle*
02-27-2005, 09:12 AM
I love the new costumes! My favorite ones are: Gaara, temari and sakura's ^_^

Keira
02-27-2005, 06:28 PM
^lol just say everyone's 'til now
btw, I'm from PR also and I heard you're planning to make like a cosplay activity around march, is it true?

UchihaGirl
02-28-2005, 01:15 AM
I am pretty sure that his costume is Red! (Gaara's of course)

There is an official color picture of gaara fro kis=himoto (excuse bad typing, im have a brokn hand) but i am not 100% sure. The pictue is a dual shot of gara and nartup, and naruto is exactly the smae color and shading ofm the shonen jump pic...and gaara looks like naruto in terms of coloring quality...

the picture shows gaara with black jacket, white vest and black underneath with white bands. my friend who is more obsessedm with naruto than me also thinks its a real image fro kishimoto-san..but we've been fooled befroe

lemming
02-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Do you have a scan/link of the pic??

HybridTwist
02-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I found some colored renditions of Gaara and Temari new outfits. These pics were not colored by the creator. Here they are:

Gaara (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/state_alchemist/Gaara.jpg)

Temari (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/state_alchemist/Temari.jpg)

Again, these colored renditions are not the official ones. I'm just giving all those Gaara and Temari cosplayers a heads up on what the costume might look like, color-wise.

UchihaGirl
02-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Do you have a scan/link of the pic??

I found it on a ciste an forgot to favorite it....

And I disagree with the colors of temari and gaara given in the other post. i think those are metal plates on temari's shoes, not open areass.

ArimaSoichiro
03-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Most people should know this by now, but i thought I'd do it anyway. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/naruto_ch245special.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/naruto_ch245special.jpg)

Parias
03-04-2005, 08:38 AM
as far as i know, althouhg i could be badly wrong, the only *official* colour image of the new outfits that got released only showed Naruto. most people when colouring manga images assume or try to guess the new colours by basing it off their old/existing ones, which isnt always right.

ive seen the image that UchihaGirl is referring to and it is definitely not an officially coloured one; fans take images from the manga and colour them on many occassions, some of which amusingly seem to surpass some official colour manga's quality in terms of shading and blending.

KaineMaxwell
03-04-2005, 09:28 AM
I can't wait to see everyone else!

Mesoian
03-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Just for reference, It looks like the Sand 3's new outfits are in episode 124 when they (FINALLY!!!!) show up to save Konoha. So there are offical color pallets there.

HybridTwist
03-04-2005, 11:22 AM
But there's a difference with Gaara's outfit from this point in the story in the anime compared to the story in the manga. In the manga, we see him wearing the tan vest. In the most recent episode of the anime, we see Gaara in a red outfit. It is different from the first time we see him arounf the exam. I guess Gaara as three different outfits that he wears. As for Temari, I'm not too sure, but I think her new outfit in the anime is different from the one in the most recent manga.

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah I wouldn't go by the colors just because they are in the anime and assume they are the official manga colors. There have been some color changes before... the one that sticks out the most since I cosplayed her is Hinata's. Her jacket was originally green and they changed it to tan. =(

ArimaSoichiro
03-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Well one could wait quite a LONG time for the 'official' colors. Since episode 124 is up to only the Sand Siblings assisting the Konoha genins. And considering how Naruto has been licensed, Aone/ Dattebayo/ and other fansubbers may be forced to stop subbing the series for us Naruto otakus (we're not narutards, we're above them sorta...). And waiting for the japanese DVDs to come out... I don't know how long that will take. Although the colors that the Manga Distributors aren't what we might see in the anime, at least its something to help with making a costome off of. Unless everyone would like to be so bland and use only black and white. But I guess some person will be lucky enough to get the colors and tell everyone about it, but how will people know he/she is telling the truth? I don't know. If we have something to reference our costumes off of, I don't really mind if its 'offical' or not. At least we have the costume for ourselves, right?

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Hey I think it's fine if someone wants to use those colors, just don't be surprised if later it comes out to be something else. ^.~ I know I wouldn't attack anyone if such a new design wasn't the right color... even if it was an old design I wouldn't! lol

Katie
03-05-2005, 06:34 PM
I would have made my own image as a color reference, but I'm lazy, so here are the colors I would give to Sakura's new costume using that other fan's image:
http://pinkninja.org/cosplay/images/newsakura-ref2.jpg
Obviously, this is not official... just my interpretation. And if Kishimoto or the anime does not release a colored version in time for me to make the costume for AX (though I'm sure by then they will have), I'm just gonna use MY interpretation. And if it was wrong, I would just die the fabric and paint any accessories the right color. :-D

StarDustShadow
03-06-2005, 04:04 AM
I love most of the new character designs, a lot of them are so fitting and produce the older and more mature look for them as they should. I plan to start Gaara's newest outfit the second i have my hands on some official color prints *antsy* It's SUCH an awesome look for him, seems to fit so well with his new position of power (hee hee, that still makes me giddy) i love it =D

I've seen two color scans of it, both FAN done though unforutunately =/ There was the one State_Alchemist posted, and then i've seen this one too:

Other Gaara fan color scan (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/StarDustShadow7/naruto_ch245_248special.jpg)

I actually would be one happy Gaa-san cosplayer if the colors were like that, it just looks really cool in my opinion.

And i agree number18, i do think Gaara's gourd has gotten bigger. But i think it's also due to the fact that it's still the same proportions as it was when he was 12 (since his gourd was a little over half his height) and now as he's gotten bigger, so has his gourd ^_^

Hopefully we won't have to wait forever to see official colored scans, i'm itchin' to do some super badass looking Gaara ninja-ing (man, is it just me, or do those additional little lines around his eyes now make him look like he could pass off as at least 20? O__o Poor guy, he looks really worn and weathered from the extreme sleep deprivation)

odango-mango
03-07-2005, 05:05 PM
i wanna see the new colors for sakura too :P also I'd like to cosplay her sometime when i have more time to sew the costume! i got a wig though that i've been styling!
But does anyone have any pics of her in other outfits from the series, causal clothes or anything^^

kyoushu
03-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm really thinking about upgrading straight to Gaara's third costume for ACen. It's really badass, and I could probably get the hair the right length in two months.

The second costume is good too...I'm torn! ;_;

Ochika
03-07-2005, 05:20 PM
well i went from the fan colouring and made gaaras outfit already XD woo. i just need to sew the sleeves pn and add a zipper int he bacl jacket and ill be all done... i just hope the colours stay like that XD

HybridTwist
03-07-2005, 09:16 PM
well i went from the fan colouring and made gaaras outfit already XD woo. i just need to sew the sleeves pn and add a zipper int he bacl jacket and ill be all done... i just hope the colours stay like that XD

Cool, post some pics when it's all done.

Ochika
03-08-2005, 05:58 PM
there are some pics in my gallery

Kate-chan
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I might do Sakura's in the future, but I want to do other cosplay before I do it, not to mention the fact I'm too busy with the costumes I'm working right now and that I would need a color pic for the costume.
Maybe next year at the least.

ArimaSoichiro
03-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Heres some news for you Naruto cosplayers and soon to be. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/20.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/20.jpg) Still waiting for the color, but I'll get that ASAP, okay. Later!

kaligoddess
03-25-2005, 05:21 AM
Well, at least I know my Lee costume only needs one small addition to be time-skip accurate.

lavender_mists
03-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Heres some news for you Naruto cosplayers and soon to be. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/20.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ArimaSoichirou/20.jpg) Still waiting for the color, but I'll get that ASAP, okay. Later!

I have not been a big fan of them, but I really like Neji and Tenten's new outfits. If the official colours come out, I'd definately would want to try for Tenten's new outfit. (Neji looks so much cooler now with his hair down. :bigtu: )

hikarilight
03-25-2005, 05:30 PM

OMG!! They finally appeared! I haven't read chapter 253 yet and saw this, so I'm so wanna cosplay Neji :3

lemming
04-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Any predictions on who will reappear next? I'm really hoping to see how Hinata and Choji have turned out.

abacab
04-06-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm working on a Sasuke costume of what he may look like in Part 2. He hasn't shown up yet unfortunately but i did find an awesome drawing of what he could look like that I'm basing the costume off of.

UchihaGirl
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
ArimaSoichiro, "official colors" does not mean anime. It means manga. They actually changed Temari's outfit colors from the manga to the episode. In the anime, they distinguished between the top and bottom parts by making them different colors. In the Naruto artbook, they are still two different pieces but the same colors. Old Gaara outfit also had a red sash and in the anime, it was white. So far, the only new outfits with colors to them are Naruto's and I think Gaara's outfit. DB is stll subbing.

And to me, Neji looks likt Orochimaru now and I really don't care for Tenten's new look.

HybridTwist
04-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Any predictions on who will reappear next? I'm really hoping to see how Hinata and Choji have turned out.

I hope Shinos next, I really want to see if he changed or not.

Vanessa Ayukawa
04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
I think I'll be waiting to see how more characters turned out. Of course, I'm going to want to try Kiba's new outfit when it comes out XD I hope Akamaru hasn't changed TOO much seeing as I forked over a bunch for the plushie I have, but I think that's wishful thinking.

Newbie question? But that Akamaru, did you make that, or is that avalible to buy somewhere.

cap'n
04-07-2005, 11:56 PM
I've already started on the new neji costume, and I'm gonna wear it to Acen.

UchihaGirl
04-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Jump Fiesta made a couple of limited edition plushies for the last event. Included were an Akamaru one and a Tonton one. On eBay, they range from like $30 to $50 each and somehow, I talked one guy into selling me both for only $50 plus shipping. They are hard to find but it was a really good deal.

Chibik3r0
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Newbie question? But that Akamaru, did you make that, or is that avalible to buy somewhere.

Bought it from E-bay when they first came out back in September or October... It cost me $45 US... It's a bit smaller than I had hoped and his front legs were stitched to his body. I clipped the little pieces of string tying them together so he'll hook his paws on my jacket.

If you don't want to spend that much money, any sort of dog with similar colors will make you easily recognizable as Kiba.

lemming
04-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Could anyone offer advice as to do the arm/leg wrapping? Are there any tricks you can offer? (I'm going as Choji, and that just seems like a whole lot of tape I could avoid somehow...)

cap'n
04-08-2005, 02:12 PM
I've done it two ways, the first time I got some self stick bandages which worked really well, because they took all the effort out and held kinda well. The second time I forgot to get more and used some cloth strips, and tucked one end in on itself. This was a lot tighter, but when I didn't do it just right, it would unravel and i would have to do it again later. :sulk:
Anyways, for choji I would think you could do either for most of your arm, then use tape for your individual fingers. And thats my two cents on that....

Crystalike
04-11-2005, 10:14 PM
NO NO NO!!!! buy thick white elastic from your local fabric store!!!! i tried Walgreen's athletic tape and it just killed my arms and legs..(young itachi for Halloween) elastic is stretchy and comfy, as well as practical and VERY useful in Naruto costumes!

eh, i plan to cosplay new Sakura for NarutoCon in July. iim waitin for teh official manga colors, even tho ppl have already made teh costume! (Suguishi-chan and Chibimoon-chan!)

anyone know how to fold paper shurikens? ^_^ im going to paint them black and carry a bunch in between my fingers for FanimeCon (femme Sasuke cosplay <3)

lemming
04-12-2005, 07:57 AM
anyone know how to fold paper shurikens? ^_^ im going to paint them black and carry a bunch in between my fingers for FanimeCon (femme Sasuke cosplay <3)

Thanks for the elastic idea-I'll give it a test run this week. And as a thank you, here's the instructions you were looking for. :bigtu:

http://www.folds.net/tutorial/models/shu_2_piece/shu_2_piece_diagrams.html

Crystalike
04-13-2005, 09:31 PM
ooh, nice! =) thankyou very much! plz dont laff at me if you see me with them at FanimeCon or NarutoCon....^_^;

ArimaSoichiro
04-13-2005, 11:23 PM
ArimaSoichiro, "official colors" does not mean anime. It means manga. They actually changed Temari's outfit colors from the manga to the episode. In the anime, they distinguished between the top and bottom parts by making them different colors. In the Naruto artbook, they are still two different pieces but the same colors. Old Gaara outfit also had a red sash and in the anime, it was white. So far, the only new outfits with colors to them are Naruto's and I think Gaara's outfit. DB is stll subbing.

And to me, Neji looks likt Orochimaru now and I really don't care for Tenten's new look.

Oww, I'm sorry you feel that way, but if you don't mind, I like the way you think and all, but could you not bash on me or how you don't like other Naruto characters and such so harshly. Honestly, that kinda hurt. I know, "don't take it personally" but for someone like me, its kinda hard not to. It made me feel so degraded... :lost: :waaaah:

UchihaGirl
04-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Oww, I'm sorry you feel that way, but if you don't mind, I like the way you think and all, but could you not bash on me or how you don't like other Naruto characters and such so harshly. Honestly, that kinda hurt. I know, "don't take it personally" but for someone like me, its kinda hard not to. It made me feel so degraded... :lost: :waaaah:

Oro? I didn't bash anyone at all. When I said that, you were saying it would be a long tim before we see those colors in the anime but the official colors are really the ones that appear in the artbooks and the volume covers. Then I pointed out some of the changes they made from the manga to the anime.

I don't care who you cosplay as, as long as it looks good and it accurate to the series, either manga or anime. If you do the manga version, sweet, I'll probably glomp you. If you do the anime version, I'd probably be like sweet and still glomp you but I won't start ranting about the current manga arc. Unfortunately, my opinions of the new outfits aren't the same as yours, so that's probably why you are cosplaying that character and not me. Their outfits look good, but I'm just saying that I prefer both Neji's and Tenten's previous outfits. But trust me, I wasn't bashing you guys at all.

And seriously, look at the pictures of Orochimaru when he was younger, even the anime ones and tell me that doesn't resemble Neji's new outfit. -^_^-

Crystalike
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
holy crap...you're PARTLY right, but not all the way!

TenTen's is cooler, and much harder to cosplay than the lst outfit she had...

i cant wait for Soundnin Sasuke! *deep sarcasm...* eww, can you imagine him with the purple bow?!?! XD AHAHAHA! ROFL...

I_am_a_bunnie
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
here i have some links for you all
http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?media=http%3A%2F%2Fi187.photobucket.com%2Falbums% 2Fx167%2FxXhyuugahinataXx%2F469bd5d6612c9.jpg&searchTerm=sakura%20shippuuden&pageOffset=7
theres sakura
http://http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?media=http%3A%2F%2Fi187.photobucket.com%2Falbums% 2Fx167%2FxXhyuugahinataXx%2F469bd38b25e6c.jpg&searchTerm=shippuuden%20tenten&pageOffset=0
theres tenten
http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?media=http%3A%2F%2Fi187.photobucket.com%2Falbums% 2Fx167%2FxXhyuugahinataXx%2F469bd563b4771.jpg&searchTerm=shippuuden%20temari&pageOffset=1
and theres temari