PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stone Cover!!

final testament
12-31-2002, 05:00 PM
I drew this after seeing the Janet Jackson spread on Rolling Stone Magazine a few years back. I didn't exactly draw Janet herself, more like her pose itself. This is exactly the kinda photo that made you do a "double take". I love it's shock value so I drew it.

Ayaka
01-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Great shading. lol and you're right about the shock value of the pose! But isn't the left hand short a finger?

Vinya
01-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Wow. Great picture! Kinda rough, though... Maybe that was the point? I don't know. Shock value + 100 ^-^

Chosuke
01-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Nice.
The shading job is very good.
She looks..mean. Ice queen.

Miyu
01-01-2003, 03:19 PM
As usual, it's stunning. I've seen this one before but I'll comment anyway..

It's very reminiscent of those comic book with the really hot girls with plush lips and perfect bodies. I have always loved that particular TYPE of american comic drawings because of the attention to detail, and of course the way the women are drawn.

As per usual, I love it. Your artwork just keeps getting more and more impressive..

...Gwen is still my favorite though ^^; hee.

KANEDA
01-01-2003, 04:16 PM
um..... wasn't that a Gen13 poster or something?
I remember there was a Gen13 poster or cover based of that Janet Rolling Stone cover a long ass time ago. like what.. 8 or 9 years ago?

update:
thanks to the person who showed me this;

http://www.gottawiz.com/images/Comics/Image/Gen_13/VOL_II/g1h.jpg

I didn't really care enough to look for it myself.
My connection is weak today...
I used to be way into Image comics in like 1993-1994.
I have a fuckin giant box of 'em in the attic.
^_^

but I wasn't so into Gen13.
I was more into Wild Cats

psythe
01-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Nice picture, I like the detail/shading on the part where the pants are crumpling up.

Miyu
01-01-2003, 04:57 PM
yes Chris, they are similiar, but you can tell that Alan's version is just that - his own version, done by his own hand. That's what matters.

So quit trying to discredit him.. that does NOT by any means make you attractive in my eyes.. it's rather sickening that you would make that effort to make him look bad to me.

Just stop.

KANEDA
01-01-2003, 05:08 PM
I umm... I was totally not trying to do that.

I was just pointing shit out.
false advertising.

I wasn't even gonna post that 'cause I knew you'd have this very reaction. I have no hidden agendas ya know?
Doesn't matter to me who did the drawing. I'd have done the same. ^_~

simple as that.

Miyu
01-01-2003, 05:10 PM
ok Chris, whatever you say. *shrug* just stop starting shit ok? -_-

KANEDA
01-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Umm I wasn't starting shit.
people make shit out to be more than it is.

final testament
01-01-2003, 05:35 PM
This whole thing is starting to get on my F*&king nerves!!! Quit acting like that goddammit. Keep this off the fu*&ing boards.
Miyu honey, just let it be....it's ok. Let him say whatever he wants. I don't really care about his opinions anyway. It doesn't hurt me so just ignore it.

final testament
01-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Ya that was it....cool you found it!!! I haven't seen that pic in a while. But regardless....I did draw it myself so, NYAH!! Eitherway, Awsome picture!!

KANEDA
01-01-2003, 05:48 PM
I didn't say you didn't draw it.
But look at what you said originally.

sailor-moon
01-01-2003, 06:18 PM
a tracer??!?!?! *o* ::shruggies: oh well, i though it was an original-.- ...::::hate being decieved:::::: -.-.......oh well. you said it was an old work of art, so maybe you started out drawing by copying others work, thats ok though, just next time please add that its not original, k.

DJ(SiC)ness
01-01-2003, 06:31 PM
leave Kaneda alone, he was just pointing something out.
he shouldn't of said it was an original.

sailor-moon
01-02-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by DJ(SiC)ness
leave Kaneda alone, he was just pointing something out.
he shouldn't of said it was an original.

yesh yesh

final testament
01-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Look...this was not a trace or anything like that. I even said I saw it somewhere else right? Well......so what's the big deal? I wanna see Kaneda shut his Jealous mouth and draw something better than I can. OOHHHH was that a challenge....why yes I believe it was?

KANEDA
01-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by final testament
Look...this was not a trace or anything like that. I even said I saw it somewhere else right? Well......so what's the big deal? I wanna see Kaneda shut his Jealous mouth and draw something better than I can. OOHHHH was that a challenge....why yes I believe it was?

I can't beleive how full of testoterone this is getting.
It's funny how I'm somehow the bad guy in the equation LOL
I don't wanna sink to your level... but I am a pretty damn good artist, so.....

what you wanna see of mine?

sailor-moon
01-02-2003, 07:46 PM
oh goodnes...man fights.......-.- ug. final testament, there may be aother one, but yours is nice too^__^ :bigtu:

final testament
01-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Why thank you sailor moon. But the drawing means nothing to me now. I'm just loving the fact that Kaneda is thinking he's a better person than me. He talks big on the internet. But whatever...I tire of this as well. I find his problems with me funny. But whatever, I have what you want......And it's killing you inside!
That's where everything stems from.

So say what you will.....attempt to tarnish me as you as you see fit. But in the end, You're tarnishing yourself with your psycho babble.

LiL QoH
01-03-2003, 03:30 PM
Always credit your references and original photos :D it's just a rule of thumb:crylaugh:

Lil Dreamer
01-03-2003, 03:43 PM
**nod nod** **agrees with QoH** always important to do so, especially in the art field. art directors can easily blacklist u for not crediting used sources... a nightmare no honest artist should hafta go through.

Nipple. :)

Maryssa
01-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Very nice interpretation... I remember that picture...
however, her face and hair dont totally match the shading quality of the rest of the picture... they are kind of... flat.