PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha Meet up

Fallen)x(Angel
01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
I just wanted to see if there were any lone Inuyasha cosplayers who would want to join into an Inuyasha group.

So far, we have a small group going.

x(Taken)x

Kagome
Kikyo
Ayame
Demon Sessy
Miroku(She's female, but she's still cool)
Miroku(Skyline Kyo)
Sango(Battle Garb) (Rinji)

x(Pending)x

Kagura (Angel_Rinoa)
Sango(kimono garb) (Rinji) (Cosplayer not on cosplay.com)
Shippou(Kate-chan)
Naraku(Youko_Kurama)

x(Needed)x

Kirara(We'll just use a plushie if there is no one who wants to be her)
Rin
Kouga
Sesshomaru(Normal outfitting)
Jaken(If you're that desperate for a bigger group)
Kohaku

Those are really the important characters that we may/do want. (I doubt we seriously want it that big though) Doubles are okay, but I would rather we try not to have too many of the same character. If you can try, attempt to volunteer as a character who ISN'T taken, instead of repeating one that is.

You don't have to be fancy with it! Most of us aren't going to wear wigs, so don't really worry about your hair being correct. I would consider you get your props though, for example, I would advise for Kagome to have a bow (maybe a jewel shard), or a backpack.

Inuyasha would have the tetsaiga,
Kikyo would have a bow and the full shikon jewel,
Miroku would have a staff and his arm cover,
Shippou would have a tail (maybe a spinning top),
Sango would have a kirara plushie, and a boomerang and/or gas mask .

x(INUYASHA COSPLAYERS)x

Even though I stated that you won't have to worry about the hair being right, please have the ears at least!

If you want to go all out for this group, go for it! I myself will be wearing a wig for my cosplay. I totally understand if you don't or do want to. Its your choice on how you cosplay, not mine.

x(MIROKU COSPLAYERS)x

Please don't join in! We've got two already, [and that's enough glomping for some people ] and I think we have enough as it is.

I don't mean to sound strict about this, but if I do, please let me know so I can change my expectations. (I guess you could call it that...)

PM me if you have any questions, comments, or just plain weird shiznit.

Fallen)x(Angel

Youko_Kurama
02-03-2005, 01:28 AM
I would love to be your Naraku, but I am not sure if I will be going to A-kon... It is all a matter of money at the time the con is. But I hope to go and if I do, I would love to be your Naraku. I love picking on InuYashas. *Giggigles* I will keep you posted if I do get to go to A-kon.

Fallen)x(Angel
02-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Cool! A naraku! I'll edit the top post and add you to the pending list. I just want to let you know, the people in the group we have so far, their ages are bwteen 12-14. I don't know your age, I just want to make sure you feel comfortable being with us.

Youko_Kurama
02-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Cool! A naraku! I'll edit the top post and add you to the pending list. I just want to let you know, the people in the group we have so far, their ages are bwteen 12-14. I don't know your age, I just want to make sure you feel comfortable being with us.
I have no problem hanging out will you little guys. *giggles* Ok you are not so little, but I am sure standing next to me you will be. *I am 5'11", almost 6 foot* I really do not mind hanging out will younger kids. *I am 19, just turned it*
I really hope that I get to go. I would like to see you all and take pictures of A-kon cosplayers. *Photographer, with my mother*

Fallen)x(Angel
02-04-2005, 05:32 PM
I have no problem hanging out will you little guys. *giggles* Ok you are not so little, but I am sure standing next to me you will be. *I am 5'11", almost 6 foot* I really do not mind hanging out will younger kids. *I am 19, just turned it*
I really hope that I get to go. I would like to see you all and take pictures of A-kon cosplayers. *Photographer, with my mother*

Woww...19 year old!! *drool* I'm like 5'4". I'm too tall for my age.(Sometimes being 12 really does suck...)

Kate-chan
02-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Not 100%, more like a 90% guarantee, because of parents, but while I would like to be another Kikyou in your group, I could do my Izayoi cosplay for Momocon and do Shippou because:
a) I have his red hair and eyes
b) I've always wanted to cosplay as him
and c) I think 5 foot 3 is pretty short.
I'll check with my parents about it. See ya if I can!;)

Fallen)x(Angel
02-27-2005, 12:31 PM
There are ALOT of changes I need to make on that post. The Kanna won't be finished in time because I am finishing up my plugsuit, the sango costume got torn apart, and more likely won't be remade, and the Inuyasha cosplayer can't go.

Kate-chan, if you want to do shippo, go for it! ^_^ Personally, I would like to find a shippou cosplayer early, just so we have the main characters down.

Rinji
02-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Still need a taiji-ya Sango? ^^; I will be there this year, after some improvements to my current costume. Need some work on the shoulder armor...

But anyway, I really want to get in a *serious* group this year. Maybe this will be my opportunity!

P.S.- Kirara the plushie will be coming along. XD

Skyline Kyo
02-27-2005, 09:06 PM
I'm 99% sure of being Miroku for A-kon so if guys don't mind another Miroku being added to the group, count me in! :D

Fallen)x(Angel
02-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Rinji -- I ADORE YOUR SANGO COSTUME! I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND CATCH YOU LIKE A FISH IF YOU DON'T BE IN OUR GROUP!!! [Add a Please be into our group to that, please]

Skyline -- Sure. I'm okay with that. And I'm sure everyone else is too.

I think 2 Miroku's is enough. That's already double the glomping.

Rinji
02-27-2005, 10:49 PM
^^; We have a female and a male houshi-sama? .___. This will be interesting...

Fallen)x(Angel
02-27-2005, 10:53 PM
lol. I don't think the girl will be glomping though, but I have no promises when I say this. Anything can go wrong.

Do you guys think we may be able to do a skit together of our group doesn't get to big? I understand if you guys have other plans for the masqurade, but I don't know if I have anything to do, and I really want to be in the A-kon skits.

And I found a wig at party city that isn't as perfect as online custom ordering wigs, but it'll work for this one con at least. I'll replace it later if it gets too bad to use or whatever.

Rinji
02-27-2005, 11:21 PM
XD I don't know about skits. I can't think of a really good one, besides this one Inuyasha flash video where he was singing "I feel pretty" from Westside Story.

...XD Hey, maybe that could work... *plot.*

Fallen)x(Angel
02-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, if anyone gets any ideas they are welcome to spit them out.

Kate-chan
02-28-2005, 11:11 PM
XD I don't know about skits. I can't think of a really good one, besides this one Inuyasha flash video where he was singing "I feel pretty" from Westside Story.

...XD Hey, maybe that could work... *plot.*
Ooo... InuYasha Flash Movie! Do you remember where you saw it? It sounds interesting, and I go on Albino Black Sheep all the time.
I want to make a couple of parodies of two flash movies I like with IY characters: The Llama Song into the Hanyou Song (PM me if you want the lyrics) and Who Took My Pie into Who Took My Ramen, geez I'm crazy right now. :bigtu:

Rinji
03-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Well, basically the Flash movie went like this:

Inuyasha hums a bit to himself, sort of awkwardly, before hesitantly beginning to sing "I Feel Pretty" (out of boredom or just being random I suppose xD). Right after the line "And I pity... any girl who isn't me... today," Miroku comes in and goes "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA~" to go along with him. XD LOL, can't really summarize the rest... I might upload the file to my FTP later and post the link so y'all can look at it.

I think the sound itself came from the movie Anger Management. Anyway, if anyone was brave enough to sing, we could incorporate five other characters to join in a huge chorus of "I Feel Pretty." XD Just a random idea, really.

Fallen)x(Angel
03-01-2005, 05:33 PM
I can sing, but a singing Kikyo may be a little weird. [Kikyo feels witty and pretty and GAY! x_x ]

Skyline Kyo
03-01-2005, 09:19 PM
La La La La La La La~!!!

Xd

Fallen)x(Angel
03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
XD Hahaha!

I bet you feel special right now.

Rinji
03-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Costume update!

I got a quote from the wonderful limebarb yesterday for Sango's traveling outfit. If everything goes to plan, I will bring this costume as well. I will not be able to join a contest with it since it is not made by me, but it'd be fun to have. @-@; A lot more comfortable too...

Skyline Kyo
03-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Yay! I can't wait to see you wearing that soon kawaiikochan!

Kate-chan
03-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Update!: On Friday or Saturday, my parents are going to tell me whether I can be
a) At A-kon for sure
and b) I can be in your group as Shippou, but right now it seems to be a 95% guarantee right now, so if I come back to this thread writing in all caps, I'm going! I'll tell ya by Saturday!!!:)

Fallen)x(Angel
03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry about being so out of it, but I haven't been on the internet in the past forever.

heh....the who stole me ramen song sounds funny, but the I feel pretty inuyasha sounds funny too. Well, we have a few months to sort this out.

*COSTUME UPDATE*

I got my wig, but it has red tinsil in it, and it's kind of hard to pick out. I tried paiting over it with hair dye, but weather issues messed it up. So I have to pick out millions of pieces of tinsil to get my wig right... x_x

And I'll mention know that its not the smoothest of all wigs, but it'll work for Kikyo's hair.

Kate-chan
03-13-2005, 10:21 AM
My parents haven't told me yet...though the answer may be yes, I'm gonna have to tell you if I'm going during this week.
NOthing's final yet, but it's still a 95% chance.

Ferra
03-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Gah! If only it was the right conventon! I'm going as Kagura this year to Sakura con (I already have my outfit too). Well, best of luck! Hope you find someone.

Youko_Kurama
03-17-2005, 03:07 AM
Well here is the update about me being Naraku.... well It really does not look like we will be going to Akon this year.... but we still are not sure. It is just the Team Flex gang is making sure that we go to AX instead of Akon.... that and we will most likly not have the money to go. *bows* really sorry. I will update you all if things change and we are able to go.

Angel_Rinoa
03-19-2005, 10:59 AM
I've been thinking of being Kagura, and maybe drop being Lenne since I'm going to be Lenne in KamiKaze Con.

Fallen)x(Angel
03-19-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm going to be Yuna at KamikAze but you don't see me dropping it for A-kon! T_T Aww...that's such a let down...

But you'd make a wonderful Kagura. My friend was going to be Kanna for A-kon, but we lost every part of the costume we had. ;_;

Angel_Rinoa
03-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I still want to be Lenne, but my friends bugged me for being Kagura. I'll tell ya when my final thoughts are.^^

Fallen)x(Angel
03-20-2005, 12:19 AM
I DEMAND you to be Lenne, or else, there's no point in bringing my Yuna. ;_;

I'll add you to the pending list then?

Kate-chan
03-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Well this sucks: Now my parents will only let me go to A-kon and AWA if they approve of Momocon, which is this weekend. Gonna need to tell you then.
Still,...there-is-hope!^^

Fallen)x(Angel
03-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I get to go to KamiKaze this weekend. Whee! And I actually get to get our passes on Friday! I might actually make the dance!

Okay, back on topic.

My original Kikyo wig is going to be used for a Samara - Sadako - Rachel group for A-kon, so I'll be using my birthday money (Which my birthday is the next month) to buy a really smooth and shiney wig for kikyo. If my mommy says yes.

I was originally going to bring my Rei plugsuit to A-kon as well, but I was talking to a commissioner about the backpack, and they had to decline. ;_; Waaaah...

So the money that was going to be used for the plugsuit is now going towards the wig, and the plugsuit will make its debut At Oni-Con 2005.

Kate-chan
03-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Woww...19 year old!! *drool* I'm like 5'4". I'm too tall for my age.(Sometimes being 12 really does suck...)
I just noticed you're 12 years old. Now I feel old, being 13.... Not that it's a bad thing!XD
And my friend Patricia, not a member of this site, was considering being your InuYasha since the one coming can't go, but unfortunately, she's going to be at a daycamp mentoring Brownie Girl Scouts and that stuff the same week A-kon would be held. Well, this sucks, her and I really wanted her to go, but she'll dress up with me as Miroku and InuYasha with me in my Sango and Kagome costumes this Halloween.
I was going to make an InuYasha cosplay after Momocon (with maybe some help with Patricia-chan's mom or grandma) because it was planned, so maybe I can be InuYasha one day of A-kon instead of Shippou, maybe the first day of A-kon, but no promises, because I'm going to be Shippou most of the con.
No news on whether I can go either, but the chance of Mom and Dad saying yes is high! See ya!

Fallen)x(Angel
03-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Now that I won't be in my plugsuit, the only costumes I'll be taking are Kikyo, Yuna and Samara. I don't really want to do a skit in my Yuna or Samara, so if some skitless people in this group or the whole group want to do a skit, ideas would be great,

Skyline Kyo
03-26-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm up for ~almost~ any skit.
No yaoi skits!

Fallen)x(Angel
03-27-2005, 09:32 PM
KamiKaze was a blast, and now I have motivations for a skit at A-kon, plus my brother wants me to do a 'Things you can't do in Final Fantasy' skit with him. So, honestly, I still don't know if I'm open for a skit.

Aww....why no Yaoi? AT KamiKaze, there were these two Ninjas cuddling together, and it made me squeel. But they had to break up because the staff didn't want any sexual contact.

Kate-chan
04-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Sorry, but my parents won't let me go until next year...fudge. I hope you have a good time at A-kon.

Fallen)x(Angel
04-20-2005, 07:21 PM
My Kikyo Bow is finished, and now I'm working on my arrow. Unfortunatly, since I'm trying to cram my plugsuit and my dizzy costume in for A-kon, I'll have to order my Kikyo costume off of Ebay. But its not like we really had any strong ideas on an Inuyasha skit, so this really doesn't hurt any of us. have my sandals, and my white stockings done too, so all I have to do is wait for the bidding to end and we're all set. :)

Fallen)x(Angel
04-20-2005, 07:43 PM
***UPDATE***

We may be getting a Casual Sango cosplayer to join us, but she'll back brown hair, and no boomerang. XD Sorry about the no props thing on her, but its late notice to start making them, and she still doesn't know if she's going or not!

Digital Blush
04-30-2005, 08:39 PM
my little sister is 10 years old and is gonna be Shippou at akon so yeah x). she will have the tail but the spinning top we'll see. though what day is the gathering for?

Fallen)x(Angel
05-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Well, that really depends on you guys. Saturday I'm going to be busy with the Cosplay competetion in the afternoon, so I'll be either Dizzy or Rei(Plugsuit) then, so how about Friday, or Saturday morning? I won't be getting there until Friday nightish, so Saurday morning is my best time.

I'm scratching my eyes out trying to get this costume done and the group orgonized, and the top I made fell apart, and there's NO WAY I'll be able to re make it. So now I'm trying to get a commission from the wonderful Cosplay Sanctuary, but my mom wants to see if I can get the Miko costume off of e-bay from them for cheaper then their normal price. I'm going to try and talk her into allowing me to just give up on e-bay and get a straight on commission, or otherwise I won't be Kikyo in the group any longer.

We lost the Casual Sango cosplayer, even before we finished the costume, so if Kikyo doesn't work out, I can try and finish Sango before the con. But I still have no promises.