PDA

View Full Version : At AN, how many of you are...

Sakura
01-01-2003, 01:22 AM
How many of you are doing any Final Fantasy cosplay, and who? I'm curious ^.^ I know FF8 was by far the most popular last year.

Chosuke
01-01-2003, 02:30 AM
I might bring Cid and a few others for the BCP.

Sakura
01-01-2003, 02:37 AM
What does BCP stand for? x_x *feels silly asking since it's probably something she knows*

Limeyaku
01-01-2003, 05:54 AM
Brampton Cosplay Posse...I think??

I thought FFX was most popular this past year...

anyways, I'll be going as FFX-2 Rikku with a Paine, Yuna, Le Branc and probably more! ^-^

Sakura
01-01-2003, 01:37 PM
I think FFX was most popular in general last year but at AN I only saw one big FFX group and then a Tidus with some FFVIII friends. I saw 3 Squall's there, they were all very nice too ^.^ The reason why I'm asking is that my group WAS going to do FFVIII but we just changed it last night because we don't want to risk being doubled up with other people.

Chosuke
01-01-2003, 03:10 PM
Yep.. Brampton Cosplay Posse.

The name was very fitting at the time because there were three of us ala Seifer's Posse.
But now it's grown to around eight people.. and the name just stuck. o.o

heki-chan
01-02-2003, 05:15 PM
:D YEY^_^ More FF cosplayers ^0^

hmm...for An2001 we had:
-Rinoa and Zell

2002, we had...ack..:
-Rinoa
-Yuna, Tidus, Lulu, Auron, Wakka, Letty, Datto, Mog, Jecht, Moogle-girl, *smacks head....did i forget someone..?*

for 2003 we PLAN to have:

-reuse the FFX stuff in addition to Cactuar and Seymour (plus obviously aubz n les' Rikku n Linna^_^)

-FFX-2 girls: Yuna, Rikku, Paine and LeBlanc
-FFX-2 guys: Brother, and...whoever else we happn to catch a glimpse of in the FMVs LOL^_^;;

-Aeon: ???? surprise^_^ (only bcuz i havnt bugged Andrew yet *muahha*)

-*possible, but highly unlikely* Garnet/Dagger and Beatrix

-*most likely* Raijin from FF8, just bcuz andrew luvs him to bits ^_^;

sakura^_^ dunt werry too much about doubling up or anything, if anything its kinda better bcuz u guys'll be able to meet other FF8 people who've gone thru the similar stuff to make their costumes, ne?^_^ Its so fun to take pix with other same characters IMHO^_^

but i somehow doubt FF8 will be popular in 2003. It looks lik that phase just passed, i think the new one(s) are....definitely Kingdom Hearts FFx and FFx-2 (in terms of Square-related things)

who knows?^_^

but yeah u guys should just do whichever character u personally really want to, u know?^_^ ull have much more fun with it in the long run of things^_^

~heki
...sorries im very longwinded ~_~;;;

Sakura
01-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Yeah you're right ^_^ I can't wait to do some FFX-2 cosplay but I think I'll wait until Otakon when it'll be warmer for those outfits. I completely forgot that your group was the really good FFX one! Your costumes were so awesome. My friends and I were in your "den" in the green room (we sat next to Mog) and I wish I could have seen you guys on stage T_T;; Well for one of the days this year my sister and I want to do Dagger and Eiko so one Final Fantasy day is good enough for me ^.^ 9 isn't done as much, but I'd pay good money to see a Steiner.

heki-chan
01-02-2003, 09:12 PM
omigosh...the horrors of the 3+ hour wait to get on stage ;_; i forgot wht number we were...#89???? O_o;

*spaz* i remember u too^_^ Sakura Taisen (sakura wars? sorries im not familiar with the series, but i recognize the charcter^_^; )

the greenroom was coooold, ne? freaking eric#2 was all nice n comfy in the fur suit^_^;; damn him^_^

o btw, did u guys hear about the masquerade changes for 2003?
(BIG GIANT sorries if its already been talked about on cosplay.com's boards^^; ) There's gonna be TWO masquerades. One is called "Cosplay Skit Contest" and the other is just the "Masquerade"

anyhoo the CSC i THINK has a time limit of 2-3 mins? so its not any workmanship judges, just mainly presentation awards and such.

the normal Masq will be reserved for JUST walk ons (less than 1 min)

So everyone is hoping this will lower the numbers of entrants and the length of the masq :)

the only rules ive heard about is that:
-u cant enter the same thing twice
-going over the time limit gets u disqualified
-u can enter both, but with different costumes etc.
-no microphones (suxass...)

i dunno. check out the AN site/bbs from time to time if u want to know more^_^

~heki

Sakura
01-02-2003, 09:24 PM
The new masquerade sounds so cool! I'm really not a stage person but my group wants to do a skit *eep* it's going to be so scary. The wait to go on stage was total hell, I kept sneaking out to buy food because I was famished. I didn't think it was too cold in the green room, but I was wearing enough layers so I didn't feel a difference ^_^

heki-chan
01-02-2003, 09:30 PM
im not a stage person either *shudder* its so scary!!! but by comparison....CNAnime is SOOO much more scarier bcuz the lights are on and u can see ALL the audience....ickies... :eek:

Chosuke
01-03-2003, 12:05 AM
I want to participate in the skit contest..
But all the boy's want to do different things..x.x;

Sakura
01-03-2003, 08:05 PM
I'm leaving the skit up to the boys, since my sense of humor just won't work for a funny skit. x_X It's too ecchi...

Chosuke
01-03-2003, 08:31 PM
xD hehe
One of the guys came up with a surprising yaoi skit actually xD

MikigamiTokiya
01-03-2003, 11:55 PM
we're doing a little dancing skit kinda theing to para para for the masquerade

Chosuke
01-04-2003, 02:11 AM
PARA PARA!
oh lovejoy.

MikigamiTokiya
01-04-2003, 02:23 AM
heh heh yup it should be pretty cool ^^;;

Seiya Yagami
01-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Does Leon count? I mean, he IS Squall from FF8.... >.>

Sakura
01-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Yeah I guess KH cosplay counts ^.^ My group and I changed what we're doing so we won't be doing FFVIII anymore. Good luck on your costume!

Chosuke
01-09-2003, 08:14 AM
The more Leon the better.

Sion
01-09-2003, 03:54 PM
*shudders* I can't stand him having the name "Leon"

He doesn't look like a Leon at all, and Leon is an average name... NO SQUARE CHARACTER CAN HAVE AN AVERAGE NAME! lol. Every "Leon" at AN will be referred to me as KH Squall and thats final! MUWAHAHAHA!

Eriku-san

Seiya Yagami
01-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Sakura
Yeah I guess KH cosplay counts ^.^ My group and I changed what we're doing so we won't be doing FFVIII anymore. Good luck on your costume!

Thank you! I'll need it ^^;;;

Sion, I feel you, man... LoL At first I thought it wasn't fitting for Squaresoft to call him Leon now... However, I got used to it though... ^^

heki-chan
01-10-2003, 02:01 AM
LOL! i just found out that our so-called mini-Kingdom Hearts group just grew by a tenfold LOOOOOL!!!! X_X;

For Sures:
-Leon *pats dan*
-Sora
-Riku
-Kairi
-Adult Kairi

Maybes:
-Miniheartless AWWW^_^
-SEPHIROTH....*goes to bug her sister*

heyyo aubz n les! u guys doing KH with us?^_^ Aeris and......?
sorries it slipped my mind les! O_O

LOOOL!!! If someone made Simba...i'd luv u forever XD i luv simba sooo much *_* OR THE GENIE!! EHEHAHHA^_^

Limeyaku
01-11-2003, 01:44 AM
hmmmm. Yupyup! If we have time...where are we going to fit all this cosplay!?!? Maybe early saturday if you want good photo-op hours. ^-^ cuz the hair is pretty simple and whatnot. The costumes are relatively easy to get into/out of.

but yeah, id REALLY like to make KH Aeris. And Les was going to be Yuffie but I guess she /doesnt/ like her ( GET ANNA TO BE HER [if not sephy]!!! PRETTY!!! ) so apparently she was already pre-decided on Chibi-Selphie. ^-^ CUUUTE!

We actually found 2 more costumes we /really/ want to make. <_< ...... >_> ..... they're from a not-so-popular-yet anime, but the characters ARE us. we've already started referring to them as "me/I " and "you". LOL!

hmmmm....thats...
FFX Rikku
FFX2 Rikku
Aeris
'?????'
and possibly a chii that i bought stuff for tonight... X_x uh oh....LOL

we actually made cosplay lists made up of all thumbnails...i had...27 i wanted to make....or more X_X ahahah greaaaaaat....

luv
limeyaku

Seiya Yagami
01-11-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by heki-chan
LOL! i just found out that our so-called mini-Kingdom Hearts group just grew by a tenfold LOOOOOL!!!! X_X;

For Sures:
-Leon *pats dan*
-Sora
-Riku
-Kairi
-Adult Kairi

Maybes:
-Miniheartless AWWW^_^
-SEPHIROTH....*goes to bug her sister*

heyyo aubz n les! u guys doing KH with us?^_^ Aeris and......?
sorries it slipped my mind les! O_O

LOOOL!!! If someone made Simba...i'd luv u forever XD i luv simba sooo much *_* OR THE GENIE!! EHEHAHHA^_^

Mini-Heartless - Get JONNY!!! (Hahahaha... Sorry brudda... I'm gonna get a smack for this one... XD)

Sephiroth - Yes, BUG ANNA!!!

My friend MIGHT be coming as Cloud, but I dunno how he's gonna pull it off yet.

Anyways, my gunblade plans are almost done... executing the plan is a different thing... -_- (Huy, Brian, I NEEDZ YUUU~!!!)... and Winnie, don't worry about the Leon jacket... looks like I have to make it on my own... -_-

Yuna-X2
01-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Me and a friend want to attempt a FFX one, but we don't want to go by ourselves, cause, being AnimeNorth first timers, we want a big group so we don't feel stupid. lol.

So all we have at the moment is a Yuna and an attempted Auron, and maybe a girl who WANTS to be a Yuna, but I think she'd be a better Rikku and... yeah. :) lol

heki-chan
01-14-2003, 06:57 PM
heyyo^_^ *looks at ur username* does that mean ur gonna be FFX-2 Yuna toO? yey^-^

but why would u feel stupid?^_^ no need to, ne?^_^

~heki

Sion
01-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Yuna-X2
Me and a friend want to attempt a FFX one, but we don't want to go by ourselves, cause, being AnimeNorth first timers, we want a big group so we don't feel stupid. lol.

Hahaha!! Trust me on this one, DON'T be worried about feeling stupid because you'll be in costume. Last year I went to the con without a costume, and I felt stupid because I DIDN'T have a costume! There were so many dressed up! So I wouldn't worry about that, go in costume, and you'll fit in nicely lol. Actually, I think the con would be a better experience while cosplaying, it makes it easier for you to meet new people hehe!

Eriku-san

Yuna-X2
01-15-2003, 05:54 PM
The FFX-2 costumes are definatly on my to-cosplay list, but thats in a year or so. :)

*shrugs* My friends are modest I suppose. Most are like "You want to go in a costume? What the.... " and I'm like "YES! COSPLAY COSPLAY!" and start rambling on about what they could be and etc. And they keep telling me they can't sew, but I'm trying to tell them that it is easy enough to pick up most of the things at WalMart and GoodWill (WOO Walmart! Hehheh)

Oh, and we want a group so we can split the hotel bill. lol. We're cheap.

[RAVE]Haru
01-16-2003, 12:07 AM
we actually hav someone *willing* to be an aeon LOL

I thnk he said... ANIMA? haha or something lik tht...

ANYWAYS we gotz an auron, a tidus, and... undecided LOL

O_O Caladbolg's design is crazy, not to also mention the Masamune X_X will hav a really hard time with those BUT the Caladabolg looks so damn amazing hehe