PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star???

Sakura_blossom
01-01-2003, 02:28 AM
^___^ I loooove Phantasy Star online! It kicks! I thought it might be totally awsome to do costumes from it, like maybe the original one's on the cover and stuff. Whatta ya think???

~*~Mei~*~

ChibiMoFo
01-01-2003, 04:23 AM
Do it O_O I say hunter or force :D

Michi
01-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Online? I dunno.. But I have plans from the earlier Master System and Sega Genesis games. :P

Miaka No Baka
01-01-2003, 12:30 PM
I know I'm planning on making my character's costume. She's a FOnewearl ^_^ and I think I'm gonna try making my boyfriend's HUmar costume. I hear there's gonna be some other people at fanime and AX with PSO costumes ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Nietsche
01-01-2003, 01:40 PM
There will be a few at Katsucon since I am gonna be one of the HuMar

AX may well see the costume too!

katchoo
01-01-2003, 04:03 PM
eee! I would love to take pics of Phantasy Star cosplayers for my gaming website! oh that would be awesome!

Sakura_blossom
01-01-2003, 04:36 PM
YES!! WHOOHOO! I wanna be FOmarl! ^_^ Or the hunter chic. But I'd wanna change her hair... can I do that??

Resuka
01-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Yay!
A friend and I were planning on attending next Otakon as our PSO characters!
I'm going as a Racaseal, and he is going to VERY bravely go as a Fonewm (platform shoes and giant posterior and all).

We'll try to be ready by Katsukon, but may not make it.... however, we would very much like to know if anyone else is planning on attending- it would be so nifty to actually get a horde of PSO cosplayers together!

^_^

As a side note- how do others plan on doing their mags? I was planning on using lots of wire, but there has to be a better way....

Nietsche
01-01-2003, 05:32 PM
I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to change tha hairstyle...I'm not too keen on any of the HuMar styles so will be sporting my own hair!
As for a mag..hmmm...i was thinking of suspending a Chao plushie with wires...

Sakura_blossom
01-01-2003, 06:00 PM
AWSOME!!! hahaha! I think my MAG will be... invisible. ^_~

I dont think my costume will be ready until... O.o Anime Expo at the earliest. I'm working on LOTR costumes right now. Anyone in here going to AX?

Sciguy
01-01-2003, 06:03 PM
there were two forces and a hunter at Otakon 2002. A FOmarl, FOnewearl, and a HUnewearl. I loved the two forces, they had great costumes.

Resuka
01-01-2003, 06:36 PM
*grin*

I did see the HUnewearl and FOmarl pair at Otakon 2002 (they were quite amazing) however, I missed the FOnewearl!

If anyone has pictures, would it be possible to link to them? It would be great to see more PSO cosplayers, and I'd really like to see how someone would do the FOnewearl skirt in particular- it's an intimidating costume to try!

Haruka
01-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Ive always wanted to do a phantasy star costume! i wanna be one of those new robot ninja chicks..(i forgot what they were called) ....but i cant make that kind of armor -_-;;,,,,ah well, i wanna do a female hunter too (a little more do-able)

Sakura_blossom
01-02-2003, 02:06 AM
yeah ^_^ I love the hunter costumes. dey kool!

Are there pictures of the HUnewearl and FOmarl pair in the photo section here?? anyone know??

Resuka
01-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Hai, there are!

In the Photos section, under Otakon 2002, there are several on the first few pages. Eurobeat King got some good pics of them as well (ota_038.jpg, ota_039.jpg, ota_047.jpg, ota_047.jpg).

makio
01-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I'm kinda bogged down with costumes for Otakon, but I'll bring a FOmar costume for AX or AWA9. If there's time (and room), I'll bring it for Otakon... x_x It's all up in the air, til' I get a final notice on weapons policies.

Sciguy
01-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Haruka, Robot Ninja Chicks = HUcaseal

Since some people seem to have some trouble with the names, here they all are.

HUmar = Hunter+Human+Male
HUnewearl = Hunter+Newman+Female
HUcast = Hunter+Android+Male
HUcaseal = Hunter+Android+Female

RAmar = Ranger+Human+Male
RAcast = Ranger+Android+Male
RAcaseal = Ranger+Android+Female
RAmarl = Ranger+Human+Female

FOnewm = Force+Newman+Male
FOnewearl= Force+Newman+Female
FOmarl = Force+Human+Female
FOmar = Force+Human+Male

Hunters are Melee, Rangers are firearms, Forces are techniques (spells)

Sakura_blossom
01-03-2003, 01:41 AM
TANKIES!!! ^__^

I wanna be HUnewearl , but do you think I could do her costume in any color or should I stick to the original color???

Resuka
01-03-2003, 08:53 AM
I think the HUnewearl is a distinctive enough character to be recognized no matter what pallette change you choose- and it should be perfectly legitimate to choose any of the different outfits provided!

I'm using the default RAcaseal color scheme, but that's simply because I really like her basic pink outfit. ^_^ I've changed the hair though, as I'm not too fond of the maid hat....

One of the interesting things about cosplaying from PSO- many people playing the game online seem to try to make their PSO character look like an anime (or other game) character! I've seen Lum, Dilandau, Dark Luna, Rei and Asuka, and about 300 different Sephiroths online, just to name a few I noticed this week.....!

It's a game that's meant to be played by cosplayers ^_~

makio
01-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Well, the "nice" part about PSO cosplaying is that appearance really doesn't matter. Sure, you'll need the section ID and correct uniform...but the hairstyle, uniform colour, and more is so easy to change up for cosplay. Hopefully 2003 will have more PSO cosplayers... even though making the uniforms are pretty complicated with its intricately (and somewhat odd) design...

Sciguy
01-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Resuka
I'm using the default RAcaseal color scheme, but that's simply because I really like her basic pink outfit. ^_^

Do you remember the Hunter's Guild quest, "Seek my Master?" It was on tier five, the second to last one, actually. Anywho, your NPC for that one was Shino, a RAcaseal with the black outfit and a ponytail. I think that would be the best RAcaseal costume because not only is black flattering to the figure and sexy, but that particular design looks very human. I have a few pictures of a rendered Shino from Sega.com and I swear, the woman looks human. That said, one wouldn't have to fret over skin color (which tends to be a psty white if you look closely) and the fact that no other design has pupils.

There's my 2.5 yen.... (that's about 2 cents, in case you're slow :)

makio
01-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Shino was pretty slick. One of my favorite missions... Though if anyone cosplays Dr. MOME, I don't want to be held responsible for random attacks on him with blunt objects. :D

Miaka No Baka
01-04-2003, 02:40 PM
I'm making my mag which is sato. I'm gonna use wire in it to keep it up. The thicker the guage the less it should bend. But my boyfriend we're making his rati mag and that one we're gonna make it like wings, with the harness like a pair of angel wings would have. Anyone know where we can get some blue reflector or battery operated circular lights so we can use them for our section id? Oh yeah and do they sell black light reactive fabric?

Miaka no Baka

Sciguy
01-04-2003, 02:59 PM
the easiest MAG to do would probably be Apsaras. It's the largest, but it floats low and close behind and looks a lot like a cape. You wouldn't really need to suspend it, just strap it on your back.

Also, I'd love to see someone try a Chao or Omochao MAG. They're so cool! (my current HUmar is using the Chao.) Or maybe the Panzer or Devil's Tail MAGs would be fun, too.

Resuka
01-04-2003, 03:43 PM
For my section ID I'm going to try and use ectroluminescent sheet backing (http://www.beingseen.com/). I hope to use it on my RAcaseal's shot-type weapon as well, for the photon parts.

For my mag I've chosen Elnoa, partially because it is close to the back, and can be constructed in much the same way that many wings are.

Sciguy- I do remember Shino, and it is a very nice cosplay, and probably easier than the one I've chosen by miles. However, I like the challenge that the Elenor-ish costume presents, and I'd like to see if I can reproduce the costume effectively with vinyl and armor.. we shall see!

Although the Shino design may make a good backup costume, in case I can't get this one to look the way I want in time ^_^

makio
01-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Speaking of mags...does anyone happen to have or know of a site that has pictures of the mags? I have one in my old PSO strategy guide, but it's too small to base costume prop design from. My Dreamcast character's mag is Soniti, but the one on the Gamecube has Vritra.

Nietsche
01-04-2003, 04:11 PM
Try PSOreplay or PSOquest for helpful MAG and costume references...

http://pso-allcostume.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
or
http://www.psoquest.com
unfortunately they still suffer from tiny MAG pictures but it's still helpful nonetheless!

Resuka
01-04-2003, 04:30 PM
I've also found decent reference screenshots at
http://www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/maggallery.php
(although they seem to hve fairly small pics as well!)

Sciguy
01-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by MakioTwist
My Dreamcast character's mag is Soniti, but the one on the Gamecube has Vritra.

Soniti would be a good MAG to use, but VRITRA?! I hate that mag. It has a useless photon plast and it's a first evolution. If you want a force MAG, get Bana or Marica.

Sorry about that, but I do truly HATE Vritra. That's why I've made several characters in the past few years but only one force, to avoid that MAG.

Aoshi Shinomori
01-05-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm planning on making my HUmar costume with my rati mag.

Resuka
01-05-2003, 05:33 PM
Aoshi- let us know what convention you plan on taking your HUmar cosplay to- hopefully we can all form a party of sorts ^_^

There is a FOnewm cosplayer going with me to Otakon, and I think he's working on an Ila mag. We'll aslo be trying to make the Elysion for his weapon, if we can.

Originally posted by MakioTwist
Though if anyone cosplays Dr. MOME, I don't want to be held responsible for random attacks on him with blunt objects.

*grin*I just went through that quest again today- and wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment!

loki555
01-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Hmm Phantasy Star Cosplay. I did saw Celine cosplaying as a Phantasy Star Character but i dont remember who ^^;;

PS:Resuka,did you received my PMs ^_^

Sciguy
01-05-2003, 07:31 PM
I would hate Mome a lot more, but I managed to finished "Unsealed Door" first time through. But that was with a lvl 30 HUmar with a high level Resta on my action bar. I found that it wasn't so easy with a technique-less HUcast...

Aoshi Shinomori
01-06-2003, 01:41 AM
well so far ill probably bring it to sakura con and Anime Expo since im in the west coast. I think it would be cool too if we can get a party and just walk around and kick it.

Sciguy
01-06-2003, 09:02 PM
I'd feel sorry for a Dark Falz cosplayer... Unless it was Falz lvl 3, then I'd run as fast as my feet would take me. I had to wait until lvl 181 to take on ULT Dark Falz III offline!

Speaking of ULT Dark Falz, would anyone be interesting in a Red Ring Rico cosplay? That would be nifty as well.

Resuka
01-06-2003, 10:47 PM
I've found some really nice fanart of her (my favorite features Rico sporting a spiffy Dark Faltz keychain ^_^;;;)., but have had no luck talking anyone into cosplaying her character, sadly....

We may scour the convention center searching for Rico cosplayers to "save", though... that could prove amusing!

HiImKing
01-10-2003, 03:01 AM
Here's some galleries that will make you swear incessantly and uncontrollably the first time you lay your eyes on them. I know I did. :)
http://popup.tok2.com/home/culeha/pso.htm
...and many of the events on the events page...
http://www38.tok2.com/home/culeha/ibn.htm
(specifically 016, 18-2, 022 to 029, 035, 045)

John Booty
01-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Where in the world is Celine? She should be all over this thread; she's the queen of Phantasy Star cosplay.

She's done Alis from PS1, Nei from PS2, and I think Chaz from PS4. Plus I get the feeling I'm forgetting one or two, perhaps! ^^;;

I'd be interested in Phantasy Star cosplay from one of the "classic" PS games. I was thinking maybe Wren. PSO's designs are awesome but I've never played it.

Edit: Crap, YES, that PSO cosplay gallery made me curse. Wow!

Resuka
01-10-2003, 10:23 AM
WONDERFUL cosplay pics! Thank you so much for those links- now I really know what quality level to strive for ^_^

Miaka No Baka
01-10-2003, 12:18 PM
HOLY #@$#@$@#! ^_^; yeah those costumes are awesome. It looks like almost everyone has the same section ID like I mean it looks like it's all made out of the same thing by the same person. Did sega make them and market them in japan?

If anyone's interested you can see how mine is coming along:

http://snow.prohosting.com/nanamito/cosplay/pso.html

I update it when I do a good amount of work on it so pictures change ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Resuka
01-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Miaka No Baka- the costume is coming along great- I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Are you planning on wearing the platform shoes for it? We already ordered a pair for my friend's FOnewm costume, as we figure it will take him at least six months to learn how to walk in them without horribly injuring himself ^_^;;;

Aoshi Shinomori
01-10-2003, 03:44 PM
I was like damn them costumes look professionally done. especially their section id

Sciguy
01-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Who even likes FOnewms? To quote the strategy guide, they look like "demented jesters." lol, j/k... well, I wasn't, but you know what I mean.

Those are great costumes! I didn't curse because of the costumes, I cursed because I couldn't identify that Magical Piece that one FOnewearl was wearing. That really bugged me for some reason.

I like your design so far Miaka. I see that you went for more of a one-piece than a halter and panties, but it should still be quite recognizable. Funny thing is, my current force has the same costume! What weapon are planning on pounding on Rappies with? (Because seriously, that's all that most force weapons are good for, with exception to my Sigh of a God.)

makio
01-10-2003, 09:08 PM
G'damn, that's good PSO cosplay. x_x; If it wasn't so fraggin' hot in Florida most of the year, I'd bother wearing that material for my FOmar costume. Since I doubt I'll be allowed to walk around with Mechguns (John knows exactly what I'm talking about... :\ ), I figure I better bring either a cane or some kind of wand. Or maybe just a rappy for people to kick around. Blegh. Bring on weapon/prop/mag suggestions! ^_^;

Resuka
01-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Well, I have a nice Elysion in the works for my FOnewm friend- although if I can't pull that off we'll probably make a Hildebear Head cane (may make it anyway- it would be great to have one of those!)

For myself I'm considering making the Meteor Smash... or perhaps just a good ol' Arms....? Hmmm....

Miaka No Baka
01-10-2003, 09:50 PM
oh yes u can bet I'll be wearing the platforms with it. Volitire or whatever that skater shoe company's name is they make perfect shoes for it. ^_^ I just need to paint the orange parts white and I'll be set. while they wont be EXACTLY the correct shoes it's soo close people wouldn't really notice it. ^_^ But yes I chose to do a 1 piece dress cause I'm not thin, and I don't wanna gross people out by wearing midriff shirt X_X I'm also wearing shorts with it, which don't look bad, they're little exercising shorts so they give the same effect like on the other costumes for fonwearl. I'm also going to get the ear tips too. And for the weapon of choice. I have a $6 light saber that creepy enough as it is, it makes the same noise as the game does when you use a brand. XD Since forces can use brands and sabers I might go with that, but I also want to make a cool staff or cane but I gotta go picture hunting to find one i like the most. ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Sciguy
01-10-2003, 09:54 PM
I'd like to see Sigh of a God or a Technical Crozier myself.

Oh! I really want to see a Lavis Cannon! Or my V.2 weapon, the Double Cannon! If someone could manage to get the two blades the rotate in different directions, that would be so frelling cool!

Resuka
01-10-2003, 10:36 PM
I never got the Double Cannon item drop... and now that I have seen it, I may have to keep playing until I do..

Thanks for the heads up- that weapon looks just... gorgeous.

Sciguy
01-10-2003, 11:23 PM
hehe, good luck! The Double Cannon doesn't drop in the game. In fact, the weapon itself is impossible to get... unless of course you have an Xploder like I do. Yes, I'm a PSO hacker. Why should you not hate me? Because I haven't been online at all for over a year and a half. No Hunter's Liciense.

Miaka No Baka
01-11-2003, 01:51 PM
I found a japanese guy who makes the lock gun so I'm gonna see if I can get some of those ^_^ He also made some amuzu (dunno what it is) looks like a cross bow something like that but I'm sure it's called something else for us.

miaka no baka

Sciguy
01-11-2003, 09:58 PM
That's a Spread Needle, probably. DO NOT bring that to a con if you expect other PSO cosplayers to be there. "Why not?" you may ask. Well, hackers tended to hack Spread Needles +99 with outrageous percentages (I have one myself for Ultimate mode) and they'd break into others' games and go on a killing spree, stopping them from getting any experience. Then the hackers might decide to freeze the game or kill the other players and steal their weaponry.
The Spread might not be bad in and of itself, but it represents the worst part of Phantasy Star Online.

I might be wrong, and if I am, I apologize.

Miaka No Baka
01-11-2003, 10:08 PM
http://www.dab.hi-ho.ne.jp/magigi/010815PSO5.JPG

This is labeled Amuzu. dunno it looks like a ranger weapon cause the person made an android ranger costume and the girl is holding this weapon too.

p.s. I put new pics on my page of the progress of my pso costume ^_^ like again is:

Miaka no Baka

Sciguy
01-11-2003, 10:18 PM
That's it! That's a Spread Needle!

Oh, sorry about that last post, I got a little carried away for a moment... *sweatdrop* Anywho, go ahead and use a Spread, no one would mind a weak little force using it... :D J/K

Miaka No Baka
01-11-2003, 10:49 PM
*pppppt* what u have against forces =P I think I'll make the sigh of a god. XD Giant lightening bolt XD Still working on those pictures. they'll be up in 5 to 10 mins. ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

*edit* pictures are up. and the more I think of it the more I'm leaning to making the sigh of a god. XD

Miaka No Baka
01-21-2003, 02:34 AM
whee I made my mag and it's about done now ^_^ if anyone wants to look pictures are up on my site:

Miaka no Baka

final testament
01-21-2003, 05:45 AM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! I love the Phantasy Star series. I love part 2!!! I love Phantasy Star Online the most but, my only gripe with it was....I FREEKING LOST YEARS OFF MY LIFE BECAUSE OF IT!!! I never slept and, rarely ate. I swear one time I walked into my kitchen looking for some "monomates" to eat!! I was THAT obsessed with it!!

I saw a few people with "Force" costumes and a few more with "Hunter" costumes and AX 01 & 02!! They we're all pretty cool but of course, I liked the Forces the best. They're so elaborate. You can tell they were wayyyy harder to make. I appreciated them more for that fact alone.

(thinks to self) GOD!! I want P.S 1-3 on Playstation 2!

(Goes to play P.S Collection on GBA Emulator)

Resuka
01-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Miaka no Baka- the mag looks great, and so does the hat! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Fnal Testament- *grin* It's great to see other people like the Phantasy series, as I've been obsessed with it lately, and I hope you'll consider cosplaying a PSO character as well ^_^

Aoshi Shinomori
01-21-2003, 03:40 PM
hey is anyone playing the gamecube version online? which block and ship do u usually play on and what is your characters name?

makio
01-21-2003, 09:41 PM
I'll let you know soon enough...I've got to purchase another Hunters' License since the one I used on dreamcast doesn't work on GCN.
:(

...but normally I'm on Miranda 1-1. By the way, anyone else planning PSO costumes for an upcoming convention?

Eriol
01-26-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy
That's it! That's a Spread Needle!

Oh, sorry about that last post, I got a little carried away for a moment... *sweatdrop* Anywho, go ahead and use a Spread, no one would mind a weak little force using it... :D J/K

http://www.dab.hi-ho.ne.jp/magigi/010815PSO5.JPG

That picture is a standard Ranger shot weapon. It is not a Spread Needle.

Sigh of a God is among the easiest weapons to make. It has a solid color (yellow) and a shape that isn't too difficult to pattern and carve. You could probably use good cardboard shaped as a lightning bolt and painted in yellow.

For HUmars, HUcasts, HUnewearls, HUcaseals, one could make a pair of Sonic Knuckles. They were on the Dreamcast version. Just create some puffy white gloves like Knuckles's fists.

For Forces, Ice Staff: Dagon and Storm Wand: Indra can be made by cosplayers with intermediate skill.

Aden
01-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Ah, PSO cosplay.. darn.

There aren't enough cosplayers of the originals!

Michi, may I ask which game? XDD