PDA

View Full Version : Full Metal Alchemist!

Jujubeans
02-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I have a husband and friend going as the Elric brothers. Does someone want to organize a gathering? I'd do it myself, but I'm already swarmed with costume making and staffing my group. Perhaps mid-Der Cosplay or Cosplay.com photoshoot can work. I hope that whomever is running te gathering can make hours flexible. ^_^

Youko_Kurama
02-02-2005, 10:44 PM
well I have some time. I can get the gathering going and the list, but I can not run it at the con... I do not have a Full Metal Alchemist costume... and I do not think I could make one with the costumes that I already have. So all I can do is get the group working. I will do my best. *smiles*

This post will be the updated list!

Day:
Time:
Place:
Meeting place:

Elric brothers ~ Jujubeans' husband and friend

Jujubeans
02-03-2005, 12:17 AM
:] Don't stress yourself Youko. I'm sure the right person will appear and host the gathing. If I can pull strings, then I can host it.

Naraku's wish
02-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Perfect My friend loved the series and he wants to go as alphonse. If this post is to short deal with it.

Hanyaan
02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
If there is an FMA gathering, I will be there. I have Ed and Wrath ready to go, could beg my friend to let me borrow her Winry again, but at Fanime I'll be debuting my Dante ballgown, so I'll try to wear that for gathering purposes, in order to stand out. (AKA this is what you get with a girl who will have four FMA costumes by Fanime, and another one later in the year.)

...WILL NOBODY SHOW UP AS HOHO-PAPA?!

latrodectra
02-03-2005, 10:19 PM
I should have my Lust costume done by then so I would be up for it.

BSaphire
02-04-2005, 12:17 AM
HanyaanFaery: Thanx for posing @SJ Comic Con ^^)

When I upgraded my "who's going and who as" thread, I found a thread on the Fanime board of FMA cosplayers. Sachiko started the thread, and Hellangel posted a list of who and as what on pg 16. Hope it helps with gathering all your characters. If someone else is doing your character... don't worry about it, do it any way! Sometimes it helps to have more than one.

At Animagic last year I had a Trigun group photo session and it started with one Vash, one Merle, and quicky grew to four Vash, two Merle, one wolfwood, and four kitties. Though some were the same I liked the different heights and some were older some younger... it gave the shots variety and helped with asthetics.

Look forward to seeing you guys and when you get your Gathering info together PM me or post on the Gathering thread so I can add you all in there too! :jjacks:

Jujubeans
02-04-2005, 10:45 PM
I saw the thread, but I didn't see a thread concerning a gathering. :\ I'm just wondering if anyone is going to take care of it.

Eveil
02-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Armstrong with sparklies on the wayyyyyyyy >D~

Sana-chan
02-08-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm definately bringing Ed for sure... and perhaps I'll have Havoc and Wrath done by then, but for a gathering I'll do Ed.

Though I don't see why someone needs to be in charge of a gathering? Don't we just... all pick a good day and time? ^^;;;

Jujubeans
02-08-2005, 06:19 PM
:\ You'd figure as much Sana... x_x However I have the stress fairy dangling over my head so it's natural for me to ask these questions.

Eveil
02-08-2005, 10:08 PM
:\ You'd figure as much Sana... x_x However I have the stress fairy dangling over my head so it's natural for me to ask these questions.

O_o;; umm back off a bit, eh?

Youko_Kurama
02-09-2005, 03:41 AM
:] Don't stress yourself Youko. I'm sure the right person will appear and host the gathing. If I can pull strings, then I can host it.
Are you sure you are up to this. I really do not mind. You seem to have a lot more then me. Hell I am sick so I say why not work on this gathering a little, if not ask hellangle to help out.

Jujubeans
02-09-2005, 01:43 PM

O_o;; umm back off a bit, eh?

What did i say? *shrug* Anyways...

I've been under a constant layer of stress, most of which is Fanime including costumes because I'm just anal retentive like that. By force of habit, I'm just conditioned to ask who is running it or organizing it, lol. Asking hellangel isn't a bad idea because I think she has alot of it down. Sank'yuu.

Eveil
02-10-2005, 03:23 AM
What did i say? *shrug* Anyways...

I've been under a constant layer of stress, most of which is Fanime including costumes because I'm just anal retentive like that. By force of habit, I'm just conditioned to ask who is running it or organizing it, lol. Asking hellangel isn't a bad idea because I think she has alot of it down. Sank'yuu.

~.~
If this is stressing you, then go with your priorities first instead of a hobby. Yanno...common sense and all, not sure if you're looking for pity points. I have my stressful times as well, but I know better than to bring it where it's not needed.

Jujubeans
02-12-2005, 12:13 AM
~.~
If this is stressing you, then go with your priorities first instead of a hobby.
Hildechan, do me a favor and please just lay off about my priorities.
Yanno...common sense and all, not sure if you're looking for pity points. I have my stressful times as well, but I know better than to bring it where it's not needed.
That's completely unnecessary in this forum. For comments like that, please take it into PMs. There's no place for you to tell us what we should be doing.

Eveil
02-12-2005, 12:38 AM
That's completely unnecessary in this forum. For comments like that, please take it into PMs. There's no place for you to tell us what we should be doing.

Same here.

Jujubeans
02-12-2005, 01:10 AM
Good. Now if you'll excuse yourself, I'd like to continue this thread. Thanks for understanding.

Eveil
02-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Good. Now if you'll excuse yourself, I'd like to continue this thread. Thanks for understanding.

Speaking of saying that I am rude O_o;;;

Jujubeans
02-12-2005, 02:11 AM
This has gone on longer than it should, Hildechan. Let it go and do something else. This is a thread about FMA, not about who is being "rude" or not. Understand that at least and just go on to a different topic.

Eveil
02-12-2005, 02:21 AM
This has gone on longer than it should, Hildechan. Let it go and do something else. This is a thread about FMA, not about who is being "rude" or not. Understand that at least and just go on to a different topic.

Dude, I just PMd you saying I don't understand what you want. You wanted me to PM you so I DID. but you ignore ok, whatever. we'll let it die together if me and you both agree to delete all these "non-topic" posts then.

Milai Sapphire
02-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Anyway, I was kind of planning on doing Lust, but I guess I'll just keep it for AX....or maybe I might do Roze, which wouldn't be too much stress with school right now and stuff...that's if i can finish my bleach costume early

Pikacello
02-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Dude, Roze would be ROCKING!!!
^____^
I'm not planning to bring anything FMA related right now, but I'll be sure to take a TON of pics of you guys. This gathering sounds fun! =)

Jujubeans
02-12-2005, 02:42 PM
:P Coolies, peeps. Check out the fanime bbs for all the info.

Matsuki
02-14-2005, 06:05 PM
hmmm...I was thinking of doing a Sloth or Winry costume... do you think I'd be too short for being those characters? I'm 5' by the way.. (hmmm maybe I should go with high heels if I do a sloth costume...hah...) @_@

Jujubeans
02-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Just go as whatever. :P Height sometimes doesn't matter if you don't have the proper equipment. However if you want that height, have at it and we'll see you there.

latrodectra
02-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Just a question. I thought we were going to vote on a day and time.

Jujubeans
02-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Everyone on the Fanime bbs already decided on a time. :\ I think if you check up on the forums there you can put your input in.

latrodectra
02-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Everyone on the Fanime bbs already decided on a time. :\ I think if you check up on the forums there you can put your input in.

I haven't been going there, didn't even know about it. It would be nice to let people here know what's going on.

Kanzake
02-27-2005, 01:51 PM
IS your husband going to have an automail arm...? i want an auto mail arm T__T ... but getting on commissioned is probably expensive...

well yea goin to fanime as Edward Elric will be fun... aside the bleaching and hair dying ... lol wigs would be nice but pah why get a wig when your hair is long enough?! lol... well i hope to be seeing some eds and als there!

Jujubeans
02-27-2005, 03:32 PM
o_O I thought it was always implied that whomever posted in the Fanime section checked the Fanime bbs regularly.

http://www.fanime.com/bb/

There you go.

Milai Sapphire
02-28-2005, 12:34 PM
So it seems to be Saturday at 12 PM...hmm.....well now I dunno if that'll work out for me since I think my club group was planning on doing our Bleach cosplay maybe on saturday....*sighs* oh well we'll see...^_^;

Sidenote (irrelevant):my 200th post...XD

Jujubeans
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
:P Hurrah for your 200th post!

If you can't make it, the other Ed clones and such can probably find you. Youko and BSapphire are arranging gatherings, right? :\ If we do't see you at the gathering, hopefully we'll see you around con.

Astro
03-02-2005, 05:22 AM
I'm thinking of doing a "special" costume if I drop one of my other outfits. (And grabbing some friends to modify their FMA costumes to be "special" too. >=D)

Jujubeans
03-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Ooouuu... how special is it? : )

latrodectra
03-02-2005, 06:32 PM
o_O I thought it was always implied that whomever posted in the Fanime section checked the Fanime bbs regularly.

http://www.fanime.com/bb/

There you go.

First, sorry for the snarky sounding message.

Now, this would of been my first gathering so I didn't realize that the decision was being made over on the Fanime boards. I just naively thought that we were deciding here. No biggie since I'm going on Sunday so I can't make it anyway.

If there's any Sunday FMA people we should gather!

Jujubeans
03-03-2005, 12:14 AM
:] It's alright. I don't mind as long as we can come to a conclusion we can agree on. The gathering is mainly on Saturday, but if you can't make it, I'll look out for any other FMA cosplayers.

Astro
03-03-2005, 02:07 AM
Ooouuu... how special is it? : )
Special enough that you should probably be affraid of what I plan to do to the dear furher and the others. :3(it's dead obvious now that I said THAT.)

Milai Sapphire
03-03-2005, 03:12 AM
First, sorry for the snarky sounding message.

Now, this would of been my first gathering so I didn't realize that the decision was being made over on the Fanime boards. I just naively thought that we were deciding here. No biggie since I'm going on Sunday so I can't make it anyway.

If there's any Sunday FMA people we should gather!

Hmm, I might be a sunday FMA person....XD dunno yet....will have to wait and see.....^^: :thumbsup:

I wanna see these "special" costumes....:p

Astro
03-03-2005, 04:45 AM
I'm not sure if I'll do mine for Fanime, but now I'm inclined to!
I don't wanna drop any of my Castlevania costumes though. Waugh~

pegasusmaiden
03-07-2005, 05:45 AM
If there is an FMA gathering, I will be there. I have Ed and Wrath ready to go, could beg my friend to let me borrow her Winry again, but at Fanime I'll be debuting my Dante ballgown, so I'll try to wear that for gathering purposes, in order to stand out. (AKA this is what you get with a girl who will have four FMA costumes by Fanime, and another one later in the year.)

...WILL NOBODY SHOW UP AS HOHO-PAPA?!

If you are going to Dante then I will be Rosee

Jujubeans
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Hmm... I've been giving the task of making Edward's jacket and shirt. I've found the pattern for the duster, but is there an online pattern for his shirt?

caineyamiyasha
03-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Me and my sis are going as Ed and Al

I Will be Edward and My sis will be armour Al!

we will definatly be there!

Luna
03-13-2005, 03:55 PM
If I decide to go to Fanime on Saturday, I'll bring Elysia Hughes with me (She was SO ever popular at AX 2004, lol, we had to beat *daddies* off with the stick!) and I probably will pull a quick Winry costume, since I already have a wig, I did 3rd ending fanservice version at AX, but shorts were so disgustingly short, that I think I threw them away during cleaning. Heh...I think FMA gatherings this year might even beat *gasp* Naruto!!!

Jujubeans
03-14-2005, 05:08 PM
XD muahaha, I WISH. Naruto was insane last year. Everyone had those handbands. XD I went to this little con this last weekend and I found FMA soap... SOAP I TELL YOU! It was awesome. I widh I had money to pick it up and give it to the best FMA cosplayer. Maybe I can find it by then.

Luna
03-15-2005, 02:56 AM
XD muahaha, I WISH. Naruto was insane last year. Everyone had those handbands. XD I went to this little con this last weekend and I found FMA soap... SOAP I TELL YOU! It was awesome. I widh I had money to pick it up and give it to the best FMA cosplayer. Maybe I can find it by then.

http://www.otakusoap.com/

Woah, I just happen to know people who sell FMA soap. I am sure they'll be at Fanime as well. :-)

Jujubeans
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
YEAH that's the stuff! I don't think the original dealer was there, but a dealer had the soap. Perhaps I can buy a bar or so and maybe pass it out.

Lordomor
03-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Currently am debating between Greed or The Crimson Alchemist. DUnno which would be better for gathering purposes (both being equally cool/easy its a hard choice, though I am leaning to Greed)

Though no real promises on either. I am a horrible slacker -_-

Asakura
03-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Currently am debating between Greed or The Crimson Alchemist. DUnno which would be better for gathering purposes (both being equally cool/easy its a hard choice, though I am leaning to Greed)

Though no real promises on either. I am a horrible slacker -_-

Oh, be Kimblee! There are way fewer Kimblee cosplayers than there are Greed. At least that I've seen...

Lordomor
03-20-2005, 05:48 AM
I dunno if i have the right body for Kimblee (nor do i recall if i've seen them yet in the series, only on episode 32)

Decided pretty firmly on crimson, got a friend with a crimson shirt that works, so i just need to find matching crimson red pants. Or a red suit, either or.

Asakura
03-20-2005, 01:07 PM
I dunno if i have the right body for Kimblee (nor do i recall if i've seen them yet in the series, only on episode 32)

Decided pretty firmly on crimson, got a friend with a crimson shirt that works, so i just need to find matching crimson red pants. Or a red suit, either or.

Kimblee IS the crimson alchemist ^^; Good luck getting your red pants/suit ^^

Lordomor
03-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Kimblee IS the crimson alchemist ^^; Good luck getting your red pants/suit ^^

I swear I pay attention >.>

Well thank you for the name hehe, had totally forgotten it =p

Asakura
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I swear I pay attention >.>

Well thank you for the name hehe, had totally forgotten it =p

Lol, no problem ^^ We all have our moments...You shoulda seen me trying to remember who Fury was...^^;;; Me: "Fury? Whos that? Another homunculus? A movie character? A manga character? *goes on about it for daysm then finally finds a picture of him* Oh...Its just him."

Lordomor
03-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Lol, no problem ^^ We all have our moments...You shoulda seen me trying to remember who Fury was...^^;;; Me: "Fury? Whos that? Another homunculus? A movie character? A manga character? *goes on about it for daysm then finally finds a picture of him* Oh...Its just him."

I don' remember Fury :( Might not be introduced yet (though I am pretty sure it's Scar, least fury is fitting)

Hanyaan
03-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Fury: http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/25369991/1225377

Poor Fury's forgettable...and SHORT. (He's apparently only 5'2"...hahaha!) *ignores fact that she is also 5'2" and will, in fact, be cosplaying as Fury later this year*

Asakura
03-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Fury: http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/25369991/1225377

Poor Fury's forgettable...and SHORT. (He's apparently only 5'2"...hahaha!) *ignores fact that she is also 5'2" and will, in fact, be cosplaying as Fury later this year*

Ooh, you're gonna cosplay Fury? Awesome! Hehe...Fury's name sure doesn't fit him, lol. But if your Fury costume is anything like your other FMA costumes, then i'm sure it'll be great!

Hanyaan
03-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Ooh, you're gonna cosplay Fury? Awesome! Hehe...Fury's name sure doesn't fit him, lol. But if your Fury costume is anything like your other FMA costumes, then i'm sure it'll be great!

Hey, thanks! *embarassed grin* I'm not sure WHEN Fury will debut (DEFINITELY by October, but I'm considering an earlier debut), but I'm doing my darned best to be recognizable. Which means an accurate wig *shudder* and accurate glasses *double shudder*.....I look just as awful with that kind of hair and glasses as Fury himself. And no, his name DOESN'T fit him, especially since he's like the most panicky nervous character in the whole show!

Asakura
03-21-2005, 01:07 AM
Hey, thanks! *embarassed grin* I'm not sure WHEN Fury will debut (DEFINITELY by October, but I'm considering an earlier debut), but I'm doing my darned best to be recognizable. Which means an accurate wig *shudder* and accurate glasses *double shudder*.....I look just as awful with that kind of hair and glasses as Fury himself. And no, his name DOESN'T fit him, especially since he's like the most panicky nervous character in the whole show!

Well I hope I catch you for a pic at whichever con you decide to debut it at ^^ At least I'll recognize Fury now, even if no one else does ^^;

Jujubeans
03-21-2005, 02:09 AM
Fury? XD Good grief. Hopefully we can snag you both for the gathering, right? Check the Fanime bbs for more info. o.o

Hanyaan
03-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Hehe, I'll be at the gathering all right...as Dante. ^^;; (I'm wearing the dress to my senior ball the week before, and then taking it to Fanime!)

If there were a way to wear all my FMA costumes at once, I would, but you can't wear Ed, Wrath, Winry, and Dante at once, and if I finish Fury and throw that into the mix.. >_0

Lordomor
03-21-2005, 02:43 AM
This sounds like a pretty decent and complete gathering, yay :D

Asakura
03-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I'll be at the gathering too, contributing to the Envy population by one ^.^ And I'll have a Wrath with me. And a "special" costume, if I can get it finished and get my mom to wear it, if not, then she'll just be Trisha Elric. Haru and I will also be Ed and Roy if we get those costumes done, but we won't wear them to the gathering.

Lordomor
03-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Now i'm wondering what the special costume is.. :(

Jujubeans
03-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I'll be at the gathering too, contributing to the Envy population by one ^.^ And I'll have a Wrath with me. And a "special" costume, if I can get it finished and get my mom to wear it, if not, then she'll just be Trisha Elric. Haru and I will also be Ed and Roy if we get those costumes done, but we won't wear them to the gathering.

Ouu... a Trisha Elric. May I steal her for a family photo shoot? I'm making Ed and Al for Fanime. ^_^

Asakura
03-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Lordomor: It's not anything too exciting, its just special because I've never seen anyone cosplay as it before. And because no one else knows what its gonna be ^.^

Jujubeans: Of course! As long as I get a picture of you guys!

Jujubeans
03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Most definetely! :P Nice family reunion and such.

Lordomor
03-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Ahh well, thats good then. The best cosplays are the ones you never see :)

Jujubeans
03-22-2005, 06:30 PM
So true. ^-^

Asakura
03-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Ahh well, thats good then. The best cosplays are the ones you never see :)

Yeah, true. Hopefully people will recognize her...I think the FMA people should, but I dont remember what episode her "character" shows up in, or how well I'll be able to do her costume. At least the plus side is that it requires no sewing =D

Lordomor
03-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, true. Hopefully people will recognize her...I think the FMA people should, but I dont remember what episode her "character" shows up in, or how well I'll be able to do her costume. At least the plus side is that it requires no sewing =D

Mmm i think maybe I know who it is then, but i havent seen the full series yet, so i might be wrong.

Jujubeans
03-22-2005, 11:46 PM
On the other hand there are two versions of Trisha....

1)Default Trisha you see in the opening: Pretty Trisha. *_*
2)Alchemic Disaster Trisha: Mmm... melting beef jerky with eyes...

Which one is your mom going as Asakura? :D

Asakura
03-23-2005, 01:24 AM

Which one is your mom going as Asakura? :D

Lol, my mom is going as the 'houswife' version. (Though mom thinks she looks like a maid) The other Trisha is just so horribly creepy/scary. Although that one does look a bit more like my mom...(Don't tell her I said that, or she'll take scissors to my Envy costume >.<)

Oh yeah, did you need my mom as Trisha for the gathering, or were you doing your family photo at a different time? I was going to have her wear her other costume for the gathering (Like I said, this is IF I get it done) but if you wanted her in her Trisha costume, she should be able to wear that one under the other one. (The other costume is something she can just pull on/off, so she can change in like...2 seconds)

Lordomor
03-23-2005, 03:05 AM
Totally off on a tangent here...Gluttony....would be sweer to have one, but i dont think their will be anyone short enough, hunched enough, bald enough, and big enough to do him. Nor will they have the creepy huge mouth and tattoo on their tongue.

Asakura
03-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Totally off on a tangent here...Gluttony....would be sweer to have one, but i dont think their will be anyone short enough, hunched enough, bald enough, and big enough to do him. Nor will they have the creepy huge mouth and tattoo on their tongue.

Yeah...It'd be awesome to have a Gluttony, but I dont think we will. I saw a picture of a group that had a Gluttony once...It was pretty cool. It'd also be cool to have a Hoheneheim, but I dont think we'll have one of those for our gathering either.

Lordomor
03-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah...It'd be awesome to have a Gluttony, but I dont think we will. I saw a picture of a group that had a Gluttony once...It was pretty cool. It'd also be cool to have a Hoheneheim, but I dont think we'll have one of those for our gathering either.

I really want to do Hoenheim if i can. But i havent seen him yet in the series, so i don't know if i can ^^;

Hanyaan
03-23-2005, 01:17 PM
I really want to do Hoenheim if i can. But i havent seen him yet in the series, so i don't know if i can ^^;
*on knees begging* PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE BE HOHOPAPA! PLEASE!!!!!!!! (Erm, yes...if you ever finish the series, you'll see why I would REALLY like to have a Hohenheim cosplayer around.)

latrodectra
03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Hello,

Just checking back to see if anyone is going to be there on Sunday for an inpromtu gathering?

Common you all know you want to pose with me in my sweet Lust costume. :p

Hanyaan
03-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Hello,

Just checking back to see if anyone is going to be there on Sunday of an inpromtu gathering?

Common you all know you want to pose with me in my sweet Lust costume. :p

Want me to dig my Wrath out? ^_^

latrodectra
03-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Want me to dig my Wrath out? ^_^

I want you in your ballgown girl!

Jujubeans
03-23-2005, 06:12 PM

Which one is your mom going as Asakura?

Lol, my mom is going as the 'houswife' version. (Though mom thinks she looks like a maid) The other Trisha is just so horribly creepy/scary. Although that one does look a bit more like my mom...(Don't tell her I said that, or she'll take scissors to my Envy costume >.<)

Oh yeah, did you need my mom as Trisha for the gathering, or were you doing your family photo at a different time? I was going to have her wear her other costume for the gathering (Like I said, this is IF I get it done) but if you wanted her in her Trisha costume, she should be able to wear that one under the other one. (The other costume is something she can just pull on/off, so she can change in like...2 seconds)

:P The gathering should be fine to take the family shoot. However, if we can get organzied and with extra time we can skitter off to a corner and take family pics.

Asakura
03-23-2005, 07:24 PM
*on knees begging* PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE BE HOHOPAPA! PLEASE!!!!!!!! (Erm, yes...if you ever finish the series, you'll see why I would REALLY like to have a Hohenheim cosplayer around.)

*begs with you* C'mon, Lordomor, you know ya wanna cosplay Hohenheim. Just think how er...popular you'd be with the other FMA cosplayers!

Whats an inpromtu gathering? I'll be there on Sundayfor a while, I dont know what costume I'll wear that day though.

latrodectra
03-24-2005, 11:39 PM
*begs with you* C'mon, Lordomor, you know ya wanna cosplay Hohenheim. Just think how er...popular you'd be with the other FMA cosplayers!

Whats an inpromtu gathering? I'll be there on Sundayfor a while, I dont know what costume I'll wear that day though.

Wel,l I'm enterning the masqurade so I'll at least be there before that. If enough people want to gather for Sunday then I'll set a time.

Impromtu means spur of the moment but since I'm trying to gather unofficially then it's not really impromtu. Bad choice of words on my part.

Asakura
03-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Wel,l I'm enterning the masqurade so I'll at least be there before that. If enough people want to gather for Sunday then I'll set a time.

Impromtu means spur of the moment but since I'm trying to gather unofficially then it's not really impromtu. Bad choice of words on my part.

Oh, ok, got it. Well, like I said, I'll be there Sunday, so if you're gonna do a gathering then, I'll try to show up, as long as its not too late, I'm leaving at 2 on Sunday.

Richii
05-04-2005, 03:28 PM
I'll be bringing my Winry cosplay! I'm really excited to wear her again~ I got a better headband...derthinger...For some reason it slips my mind what they are really called (maybe it is headband but that just doesn't sound right for some reason.)

Anyway! So I'll have her (the jumpsuit version obviously.) Looking forward to cosplaying FMA with da Sana-Chan and everyone~! :dance:

Jujubeans
05-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Don't forget to keep updated with the Fanime Boards.... the FMA gathering time is under investigation as some ppl can't make it to the appointed time.

Lordomor
05-04-2005, 06:36 PM

I would love to, but I have the complete wrong body. I would say i am a hair too short, I have fluffy brown hair versus straight blonde, and well..I can't be that badass =x

And i will FOR SURE be doing Kimbly. I have the clothes now, so really all i have left is to get my hair right and learn how to draw the tattoos right =x

Asakura
05-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I would love to, but I have the complete wrong body. I would say i am a hair too short, I have fluffy brown hair versus straight blonde, and well..I can't be that badass =x

And i will FOR SURE be doing Kimbly. I have the clothes now, so really all i have left is to get my hair right and learn how to draw the tattoos right =x

Aw, never say you don't have the right body! As long as you're cosplaying a character you like, I dont think it should matter what you yourself look like, cuz there's not too much you can do about that. That's great that you've got your Kimblee costume, though! Can't wait to see you there!

Asakura
05-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I'll be bringing my Winry cosplay! I'm really excited to wear her again~ I got a better headband...derthinger...For some reason it slips my mind what they are really called (maybe it is headband but that just doesn't sound right for some reason.)

Anyway! So I'll have her (the jumpsuit version obviously.) Looking forward to cosplaying FMA with da Sana-Chan and everyone~! :dance:

The awesome and talented Richii and Sana-chan are coming to the gathering? Sweet! ^^

Maybe the word you were looking for was bandana? ^^;

Yay for people bringing life back to the FMA gathering thread!

Richii
05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
The awesome and talented Richii and Sana-chan are coming to the gathering? Sweet! ^^

Guha...Thank you >///< Notthatawesome...

And yes! BANDANA! I had a brain fart :P lol

Okitasan
05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Guha...Thank you >///< Notthatawesome...

And yes! BANDANA! I had a brain fart :P lol

Not that awesome? YOU AREN'T AWESOME AT ALL!!

Just kidding, you're the awesomest! :D

Richii
05-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Not that awesome? YOU AREN'T AWESOME AT ALL!!

Just kidding, you're the awesomest! :D

:japan: Mou~! David you poop, I wasn't meaning that! I dont think I am, you best be kidding. @_@

Sana-chan
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM

Uwaaaaaaa~~~ thank you!! Tho really, I'm not awesome >>;;; just a huge dork. I'm definately excited about wearing Edo again for the gathering!! Not sure whether I'm going to wear the whole outfit or just prance around in the tank top with full automail... hmm shall see ^^.

Hanyaan
05-05-2005, 03:13 AM
*sigh* I haven't posted this here yet, because I was kind of afraid to...

I ran out of money in a BIIIIG way for my Dante ballgown. A financial emergency came up and left me with no more cosplay money, so I'm not going to be able to have that done in time for Fanime.

Luckily, I will have ONE new FMA outfit because I managed to purchase the materials first. So yeah, I'm switching my gathering outfit to Kain Fury.

Now to go and find me a stuffed toy that looks like Black Hayate to borrow...

Lordomor
05-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Ohh Fury is nifty :D

Asakura
05-05-2005, 06:14 PM
*sigh* I haven't posted this here yet, because I was kind of afraid to...

I ran out of money in a BIIIIG way for my Dante ballgown. A financial emergency came up and left me with no more cosplay money, so I'm not going to be able to have that done in time for Fanime.

Luckily, I will have ONE new FMA outfit because I managed to purchase the materials first. So yeah, I'm switching my gathering outfit to Kain Fury.

Now to go and find me a stuffed toy that looks like Black Hayate to borrow...

Aw, thats a major bummer about your Dante costme, but Fuery is cool too ^^

I'm gonna bring my alchemy book with me (even though i'm being Envy for the gathering) and everyone has to sign it, kay? Provided I dont forget it at home or at the hotel, that is.

Okitasan
05-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Just double checking... what time is this gathering gonna be at? According to the gathering schedule the der cosplay meeting is at 12 also

Jujubeans
05-19-2005, 06:25 PM
:\ You may need to ask either Hellangel or BSaphire about that either here or on the Fanime bbs. The gathering may be pushed forward so that ppl in Der Cosplay can go.

BSaphire
05-20-2005, 05:11 AM
:\ You may need to ask either Hellangel or BSaphire about that either here or on the Fanime bbs. The gathering may be pushed forward so that ppl in Der Cosplay can go.

Hey guys!!! I'm glad that someone is aware that your gathering (Which I SOOOO want to shoot) is schedualed @ the same time as the Manditory Meeting for DerCosplay. If @ all possible can you change the time so that I can be there??? I'm bringing my newest camera and if nothing else I want to make a poster size (24" X 36") print from the gathering for ME!! *giggle

So if it is at all possible can you move the gathering to 10, 10:30 or 11 am on Saturday? I can't be in two places @ one time yet, but I'm working on it :)
BTW... I am still doing the free photo shoots @ each gathering. Those will be with the 4 MP instead of the 8. If you want a Free photoshoot and can't do it at the gathering I can set something else up.

Eveil
05-20-2005, 05:22 AM
Just double checking... what time is this gathering gonna be at? According to the gathering schedule the der cosplay meeting is at 12 also

or just like...come early and leave for meeting.
we do what we can with our time anyways, even if it's not moved :P

Jujubeans
05-23-2005, 12:12 AM
It's been confirmed via my email and others in the Masquerade that the meeting on Saturday is at noon. The gathering time will be changed... but I'm not sure of that yet. :P Stay updated.

Eveil
05-23-2005, 02:18 AM
yea, that's what they were saying in the comments above

Okitasan
05-23-2005, 06:54 PM
ok, so are we going to move the gathering to another time or not? I know a few of us have to be at that meeting...

Jujubeans
05-24-2005, 06:35 PM
I think it may pan out if the gathering is at 11am.

Milai Sapphire
05-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay, well change of plans. My Lust costume will have to be put off until AX unfortunately. I probably could have finished the dress and done the gloves, but I didn't have my red trim yet (I'll have to get that after school's all over). But yeah if it's on Saturday I'll try to stop by the group to take some pictures or something. Don't think I'll be able to stop by Sunday, since I have my Bleach cosplay stuff ^^; Well good luck everyone on your costumes (if you haven't finished already)!!~

Okitasan
05-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, the gathering has been changed to 11 am on saturday.

http://www.fanime.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1863&start=300

Jujubeans
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
:P Yeah. I requested it. My Fanime name is "Ska_Kitti". x_x Username problems wouldn't let me go as Ska_Kitti here. ANYWAYS, that's the official time. : ) See you all there!