PDA

View Full Version : karaoke eh...?

oneas
02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
So, as some of you may know pacific mall has a big karaoke place where you get your own private room and can order food to it! Now then, I was wondering if any of you would like to go sometime in late February (this month OMGWTFBBQ yah I know XD) anyway, this is geared more to the cosplayers under 19, so we get to know each other more....

And I am having my birthday party at the same time and turning 14... >.>;;

So, are YOU interested?

cretanzia
02-04-2005, 04:04 PM
wait soo.. your having a birthday party at a karaoke bar and inviting anyone who wants to come along? lol thats great...

Kia
02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Really? I actually had no idea thay had that (having never been to P-mall is probably the reason)! I'll have to keep that in mind for later. ^_^

Oh, and best wishes for your b-day, but I don't fit into your age group limitations. ;)

kaliko_rosa
02-04-2005, 04:52 PM
A karaoke bar sounds fun! But I was wondering if that meant we would sing anime / Japanese music or just anything they happen to have in karaoke version? Happy Early birthday too! I don't think I could make it out, but I would like to know how the karaoke thing would work for anime stuff. We could always put on a whole bunch of fansubs with the karaoke openings and sing to TV versions! lol

oneas
02-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Well bascially yah anyone who wants to. I would rent a room, you pay for your own food XD Just because with the people comming it would be too expenisve for me to pay for food DX *posts this on gaia also* that would be interesting ... >.>;;

And thanks n__n i'm turning 14 yay!

Kaijugal
02-04-2005, 09:23 PM
I love karaoke, but am not under 19.

Good Luck with your event.

Cheers!

Cazeson_Zear
02-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Well bascially yah anyone who wants to. I would rent a room, you pay for your own food XD Just because with the people comming it would be too expenisve for me to pay for food DX *posts this on gaia also* that would be interesting ... >.>;;

And thanks n__n i'm turning 14 yay!

Hey Oneas (A.k.A I_Donate on gaia or whatever)I was the guy who sat beside you at CNA 2004's Masquerade.
I would come, i need a date though also i would bring like 4 friends that would want to come, is it cosplay though? Cause adding a cosplay meet would be even better.

Katsuyuki_Shiro
02-05-2005, 10:21 AM
would you happen to know whether or not the j-pop/j-rock karaoke songs would be in romaji or kanji? just out of curiousity.

Archy Jupiter
02-05-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh! I never knew they had that at Pacific Mall. Must have missed it when I went there a while back. ^_^'

Well, I wish you the best with your Birthday event. Unfortunately, I don't fit into your age group requirements. I'm to OOOOOLD! XD

Take care! *thumbs up*

- Archy

Amy the Yu
02-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Do you know what kind of songs they have there? Cause from friends of mine who go there frequently, it seems that the majority of their songs are either American pop songs or C-pop (Chinese) and other American and Chinese music. Pacific Mall IS the largest Chinese mall outside of the Orients after all. ^^;;

They probably do have some K and J (Korean and Japanese) music too...like BOA or Utada, but I doubt there would be enough J-pop and probably nearly no J-rock to satisfy the hardcore anime fans.

I've never been myself, so it might just be that my friends just don't ever bother looking for anything other than the English and Chinese stuff since that's what they usually all are, either Caucasean or Chinese...and not many of them are into anime (since my anime friends seem to prefer the bootleg anime stores and the arcade at P Mall to karaoke). O.o;;

Karaoke party sounds like it would make kick ass celebration though, although too bad I can't join you guys. *too old* I'm sure that it'll be fun for everyone who shows even if the music selection isn't perfect. ^^

Seems that everyone this week's telling me that I'm getting too old (and I'm only 20)... >_< At least I can see that I'm not the only "old" one around. XD

Kawaii Bishoujo
02-05-2005, 04:21 PM
sounds like a cool idea :3 *thumbs up* happy early bday~

oneas
02-08-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a wide spread amount of music, I cannot remember what type of writing most of it is though ^^;;... The reason for the age limit is so my parents don't freak >.>;;

I am in school now XP (h and I am chortle ID on Gaia now!)