PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss (Please Help!)

xNekoAyumix
02-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm trying to lose weight for A-kon. Please, be aware I'm doing this for myself! And my health >> But I'm 13 and I weigh 206 pounds. Does anyone have any idea what I should do to drop a few pounds before A-kon? I'd like to look nice in my outfit. I currently go to a gym, but I'm not sure what will make me slimmer and NOT muscle-ish. Diet help? ;0;

Mitchi
02-04-2005, 06:07 PM
if you're wooried about looking too muscular, dont. You know all those people with uber defined muscles? taht takes years of training. If you do some weights than it's better than pure cardio. Cardio stuff (walking DDR...dear god hooray for DDR) will help with your metabolism while weights will build up your underlying muscle structure...and sice muscle burns up waaaay more energy than fat does...:D

Diet wise, try to drink plenty of Water, and lay off other drinks...yes taht means soda AND ice tea, plus all those sugary juices. You'll be surprised how much weight yo can loose from that alone. Plus be sure to eat lots of vegtables, and stay away from white bread. No, not for atkinsish reasons, but because White bread is so processed that it's just not good. Wheat bread is much better :D

Oh...and reduced fat milk is good too.

looking forward to seeing you at A-kon...who ya gonna cosplay? :D

ZiggyB
02-04-2005, 06:22 PM
As this is not specifically related to A-Kon, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

There is however several dieting threads in the General Cosplay Chat forum.