PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist A-kon 16 Group Thread

Proz
02-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Okay, I'm starting this thread.

With FUNi being based in Dallas, A-kon is in Dallas & FMA is becoming huge in the US, it is time to see about setting up a large gathering. We need to beat Otakon for the most FMA players in one spot! I will be wearing my Armstrong costume for sure. This would be an opportune chance for everyone since I'm sure FUNi is going to make a big push about FMA @ A-kon. Lets hear it for the FMA cosplayers!

inuyashachan
02-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I'll be there as Roy Mustang!

Ryo Ikari
02-06-2005, 02:48 AM
i'm going to try and go as Ed. if i can get the costume ready in time. ^_^ i'm not sure i'll do the arm but if i can i'll do it.

ChibiKakashi
02-06-2005, 02:16 PM
omg... I wanna cosplay too!!! but all I'll have is this chibi plush like Al costume... only if I can get it right >__<; I dunno... I don't want people to laugh at me cause the costume sucks but it would all be worth it to have a picture with armstrong ;___; I LOVE your costume Proz ;_; so awesome... and you've now made my day just by me knowing that you'll bring armstrong with you ^^ wai! yes... maybe Al I think ^^; heh...

Ryo Ikari
02-06-2005, 03:01 PM
OOH i remeber u Proz and ur costume at Oni-con. it was very cool. when u were in the cosplay contest when u walked up i was think u were going to pull ur shirt of like in FMA. XD u did a really good job.

Proz
02-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey thanks for the compliments. But there has to be more FMA players! I guess they'll be coming out of the shadows when A-kon happens in a less than 4 months. It has be rather quiet lately..

Ryo Ikari
02-19-2005, 07:32 PM
yeah it has. i still need to get stuff together. ^_^;; i have not started yet.

ZakuKitty
02-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Don't know if I can hangout with the group but I am going as Greed. :)

If you guys get a time set for a photoshoot or something I can try and be in costume then since it is definitely not the hardest one to get into ^^

Proz
02-21-2005, 11:29 PM
We can start discussing that now. My vote is early Saturday afternoon, between 11am-2pm.

ZakuKitty
02-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Early Saturday would probably work. I don't plan on doing the Naruto photoshoot this time around. : )

Ryo Ikari
02-22-2005, 08:57 PM
sound good to me too

Fallen)x(Angel
02-22-2005, 09:15 PM
I can TRY to cram Siren in. [Siren kicks butt!] But I highly doubt I'll do it.

Proz
02-25-2005, 01:40 AM
I'll hold out on making a time until I see more cos participants. If FUNi has a time in mind since I'm sure they'd like to get a group shot, it'd be great if they'd post or send me an email (theproz@gmail.com).

iridescentdream
02-25-2005, 05:55 PM
me and my group of friends are doing fma...im going as ed and the others are going as the seven sins...except no one wanted to be gluttony so only six if you want to get technical...~.~ oh well...^.^ we're hoping for a roy to show up there so we can grab him/her and force them into helping us with our skit...if not i will have to make a state alchemist costume along with mine >.< and i already have like 5 other costumes to do >.< gah my poor wallet...getting so much lighter already..: (

Proz
02-25-2005, 11:02 PM
If you need a volunteer, I can be one.. just have to be a good skit ;)

BTW, I've always wanted to do a gluttony but I'm too tall to do it right

(then again, I'm kind of missing the muscles to be an ACCURATE Armstrong :p)

ZakuKitty
02-25-2005, 11:06 PM
If you need a volunteer, I can be one.. just have to be a good skit ;)

BTW, I've always wanted to do a gluttony but I'm too tall to do it right

(then again, I'm kind of missing the muscles to be an ACCURATE Armstrong :p)

I kind of lack the muscle that Greed does but I'll deal with it....not to mention I have boobs but they temporarily won't exist that day...:p

Fallen)x(Angel
02-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, I'm not sure if I can do a photoshoot then, because I've kind of gotten into other photoshoots. If the shoot was on friday, that would be better for me, but whatever works.

ZakuKitty
02-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I hope it is pretty early on Saturday...earlier than usual. I forgot about the costume I planned on doing all day that day. -_- Well at least you guys have a Greed in case I don't show up for this photoshoot. : )

Scortia
03-09-2005, 06:42 PM
I am so incredibly tempted to do a Scar costume just for the opportunity to attack state alchemist cosplayers at A-kon. _

Proz
03-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Heh, I'm sure during the photo-op, we'll setup shots like that.

ZakuKitty
03-10-2005, 08:39 AM
I am so incredibly tempted to do a Scar costume just for the opportunity to attack state alchemist cosplayers at A-kon. _

Awesome. :D I am free of your wrath!

Scortia
03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Awesome. :D I am free of your wrath!

HA! You know not the levels of my deep angst. ;p So is there any idea on a time... because, I have like 4 other costumes to wear as well.. and a time would really help me to figure out whether I'd even be able to wear Scar during the gathering. ^^;

konoha Sakura
03-14-2005, 03:27 AM
a friend of mine is going as Huges so that should be intresting..

DarkDeityofIce
03-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Well, a freind and I made up State Alchemist names for each other, and I was going to dress up as my own State Alchemist charater on Suday... If having my own unique State Alchemsit costume is okay, I could wear it real quick to join the shoot. But if you just want actual characters in it, that's cool with me.

Btw, I went for a more Ed style. He doesn't wear a military uniform, just his own style, so that's what I decided to do.

@->-->---

ZakuKitty
03-31-2005, 03:46 PM
Replacing Greed with Barry the Chopper in his human form. Yes. :P I will wear a dress. I will be a girl crossplaying as a man dressed as a girl...sort of. :p

Orasa
04-12-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm hoping to be cosplaying Ed, but I have to make his arm XD Because I can't sew well enough to make the shirt or coat @.@

Proz
05-18-2005, 03:43 AM
Topic revival time. We all know its coming close. And yet no one has made serious efforts on this!

I hope everyone who's there dressed as FMA will be there for 'Fullmetal Fantasy'. I know I will be front & center. :D

(I actually got a part in the film, so look out for me :D - Won't give any spoilers but the fans will immensely enjoy it).

And when we see Vic, we need to attack him! ;)

Ryo Ikari
05-29-2005, 02:11 PM
was there going to be any photoshoot or something. cause there not much time left and i still going to a-kon with the little group i'm in. but yeah if there is a photoshoot or whatever when will it be?

inuyashachan
05-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Well, I'm 99% done with my Roy costume so if there is a shoot I'll be there.