PDA

View Full Version : Naruto headbands in toronto?

Cazeson_Zear
02-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I am cosplaying as naruto, and my friend is being Sasuke. But we need the nead bands, you no where we can get them in toronto? It would be easier than waiting for 2 weeks for 2 and the cost being 20 bucks...

hikarilight
02-07-2005, 06:33 PM
The only store I can think of is Kikiwai, maybe Anime Extreme (however you spell it), not sure how much it will cost but you can try?

ZakuKitty
02-07-2005, 06:34 PM
You can also make them if you need them quickly then buy the official ones if you plan on wearing the costumes again sometime.

Chibik3r0
02-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Gotta say Kikiwai (http://www.kikiwai.com)is your best bet. They do have two locations: one at Steeles and Warden in the Metro Square plaza, and the other location in the Chinatown Center downtown just south of Dundas on Spadina. When I saw them, they were official. Expect to pay a far bit... Probably over $40.

Other than that, try checking the Pacific Mall... They tend to have Naruto headbands, even if they aren't official, they're cheap. But you get what you pay for.

chef_belegfea
02-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Anime Xtreme has them for $20 each... and they're pritty good too...

they also have gloves there too same price...

Dark Sarenity
02-07-2005, 07:17 PM
:rolleyes: Try ebay :rolleyes:

Cazeson_Zear
02-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks, guys im going to check these stores, but where is Anime Extreme? and where might they have them in Pacific Mall?

Amy the Yu
02-08-2005, 01:36 PM
First off, you REALLY need to stop making redundant new threads. You already have one for this topic. It's not that hard to PM a mod to have it moved. -_-

P Mall has a store has sells a couple of different types that's near the center of the corridor that's along the wall (notice one side has stores right to the wall, and the other side has windows and a couple of exits). It's not a big store, but if you look carefully, you'll see all the anime and San-x stuff they have stuffed against the window.

Kikiwai's the only location that will sell official ones around here. Anime Xtreme only has the bootleg ones as well (although I doubt they'll ever admit to it).

Cazeson_Zear
02-08-2005, 03:45 PM
First off, you REALLY need to stop making redundant new threads. You already have one for this topic. It's not that hard to PM a mod to have it moved. -_-

P Mall has a store has sells a couple of different types that's near the center of the corridor that's along the wall (notice one side has stores right to the wall, and the other side has windows and a couple of exits). It's not a big store, but if you look carefully, you'll see all the anime and San-x stuff they have stuffed against the window.

Kikiwai's the only location that will sell official ones around here. Anime Xtreme only has the bootleg ones as well (although I doubt they'll ever admit to it).

I did Stop making new threads, I made one in the video game section by accident, and said oh ya sure, but people started replying there when i was going to ask an admin you move, I said on ya sorry i should move this as a second post go check for yourself.

Thanks anyway.

Parasaurolophus
02-08-2005, 04:29 PM
In about 30 min and for 5 bucks, I made passable Naruto headbands. They aren't metal, but they still look pretty snazzy, and nice for kids on a budget. :)
Take a large yogurt/plastic container and cut out the rectangle "metal section"- you might have to use a knife to cut through the rim. Make sure to curve the edges. With an exacto knife, scratch in your favorite hidden village symbol- i've found this to be the hardest part, cause it tends to slip. Make 3 small holes on either side of the metal part, for the rivets. Punch brass fastenteners (used for holding paper products together) through the holes. Spray everything with metallic silver spraypaint, making sure its ok for plastics. I also spraypaint the back first, cause then you can get the edges too. It will take a while to dry (try waiting a few hours to a day).
Once you make your headband (I sewed some leftover fabric in a tube), poke the ends of the paper fasteners through the cloth. Fold the ends towards the middle. You can highlight your etched symbol with a thin permenant marker.
I'm going to be getting some photos up soon. Yeah, so it may not be the most accurate, or long lasting, but for the startup price (really $5, including yogurt!) it can't be beat! :p

You can also make them if you need them quickly then buy the official ones if you plan on wearing the costumes again sometime.

cloust
03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
in the pacific mall, there are 2 stores I know of that sell them. I just got a headband from there the other day. I was so happy :D