PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek and Buffy con in Sacto, CA

moo
01-02-2003, 06:16 AM
(yes, this has nothing to do with anime)

Is anyone here planning on going to the upcoming Star Trek and Buffy con in Sacramento, CA? It happens Jan. 18-19. I think a couple of other folks here are going as well. Since it's a Creation con, I'll be sure to cosplay something not related to the themes of the con. :D

Maybe we could meet up for dinner on Saturday night, if enough folks are interested.

Guest list snipped from here:

http://www.creationent.com/cal/stsac.htm

SATURDAY:
KATE MULGREW (Voyager's Captain Janeway)
GATES McFADDEN (Star Trek: The Next Generation's Dr. Crusher)
JAMES DOOHAN (Star Trek's legendary Scotty)
NICHELLE NICHOLS (Uhura of classic Trek)

SUNDAY:
JAMES MARSTERS (Buffy's SPIKE)
From Star Trek: Deep Space Nine:
MARC ALAIMO (Gul Dukat)
CASEY BIGGS (Damar)
JEFFREY COMBS (Weyoun)
Star Trek's "THE FERENGI FAMILY" consisting of:
CHASE MASTERSON (Leeta)
MAX GRODENCHIK (Rom)
ARON EISENBERG (Nog)
From Buffy/Angel:
ANDY HALLETT (Angel's "Lorne the Host")
JAMES LEARY ("Clem" on Buffy)

Michi
01-02-2003, 06:28 AM
Oscar told me about it and now I'm determined to go~ ^^ Gates McFadden's only been my idol since I was six. *-* so I MUST attend. Dunno what/if I'd cosplay though. @_@

ZiggyB
01-02-2003, 06:45 AM
Eeek! You said my name! If you say it two more times I'll be free!!!!

Oh wait.. that's something else....;)

Yes I'm such a dork. :)

It'll be interesting to see how anime costumers will be treated at a Star Trek convention, since so many people bitch and complain about Star Wars/Star Trek/Harry Potter costumers at anime conventions...

Though I must admit, I'd like to get some pictures of Squall and his Gunblade with a Klingon and their Bathleth. That might be funny. :)

Gates-of-Time
01-02-2003, 02:07 PM
OMG!!
I f I had known about it sooner I would so be there. My daughter and I love Buffy. Nothing like having a 5 year old who's favorite non-anime show is Buffy!

Let us know how it goes!

*hugs*
Andrea

BlueLady
01-02-2003, 02:13 PM
I wish I could go.. I could be that dork cosplaying as Buffy when I'm not. Whenever I go to cons dressed in normal clothes, someones asks me at least once if I'm dressed as Buffy.. go figure...