PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com gathering

psythe
01-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Hyo!

Well it's 2003 and Katsucon is a little over a month away, so with that in mind, where and when should we have a cosplay.com gathering?

I'm not familiar with the location at all so maybe someone else could suggest a suitable location.

^^v

Sciguy
01-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have a good floorplan of the hotel? With a good map, we could plot out where the best locations to meet are. IE: Somewhere open and easily visable so that no one will miss it and it wouldn't get too crowded.

psythe
01-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Yes! Not to crowded is a must or we would get in trouble for obstructing areas I'm sure.

Sciguy
01-02-2003, 11:34 AM
if any of the members happen to live in or around Arlington, they could go up to wherever they store public records and get a copy of the blueprints. Building plans are a matter of public record and if they ask for an explanation, the truth would be just fine. Is anyone willing to shell out a few bucks to get a copy of the convention level's blueprints? (I'm told they aren't the cheapest bits of paper)

Sami
01-02-2003, 12:16 PM
I'm also unfamiliar, but I want in! ^___^ It would probably just be easier if people who have been there before chip in their two cents and let us know where the best places are.

Any thoughts on what day would be best?

John Booty
01-02-2003, 01:52 PM
If I'm there, I'd love to say "hi" to you guys!

Getting the floorplans would work, but it might be easier to pick a spot like "outside the gaming room" or "outside video room one" or something. We don't necessarily know where those spots are now, but they'll be easy to find once the con starts. ^_^

twentystitches
01-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Meeting people is always fun! I'd love to come to a meeting if there is one, probably be a great way to get losta pictures!

I agree with John Booty on how to pick a spot too. I met with another message board at a con and we picked the karoke room, since it was easy for everyone to find and gave a general time. Worked out well.

sailor-moon
01-02-2003, 02:51 PM
sat. 2:30 in the lobby!!!

Studmaster
01-02-2003, 03:51 PM
I think it'll be when the Mailing List and the other gatherings are. It makes things easier on everyone invovled. Trust me, I tried organinzing one for OTakon last year...It sucked. The others ones went much better.

We can always do like an unoffical one on Friday though. Just to meet everyone.

Spooky Brew
01-02-2003, 03:51 PM
I wish I could go....have fun though guys!!!

kitty_neko
01-02-2003, 05:41 PM
weeee, i'd love to meet you all! ...that is, if you all want to meet me *hides in the corner*

either way, theres a bunch of people i have on my glomp list ^__^

Galaxia
01-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
sat. 2:30 in the lobby!!!

Is that set in stone? :)

Neko Cathy
01-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Oh... I'll join in too... bring Akira's and my Pimp Moogle's ass over (even though the Akira cosplaye is not apart of this group, but what the Hell?)

Floor plan...? I can probably try, but I can' guarentee anything. Has anyone check the hotel's site? The place is fricken HUGE for a hotel, that's pretty much I know.

So far, the lobby sounds like a good plan. Everyone can find where that is, but I have a feeling that it could be crowded over there... Or we can meet over there and once almost everyone showed up at a certain time, we'll figure out another site to travel to for photoshots maybe...? To spot other's quickly we could hold up a sign that mentions something about Cosplay.com.

dizzylizzy
01-02-2003, 06:36 PM
is it really time already to chat about the katsu photo shoot?! ::falls over:: man, time is really flying by! i've been rather quite on this end due to work and the holidays.... but i'd love to meet up for a photo shoot! ::still verrrrrrrry shy::

Recca-kun
01-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Floor Plan (http://crystalcity.hyatt.com/property/imagedb/wasrc/wasrc_floorplan.pdf) . Non-PDF version is here (http://crystalcity.hyatt.com/property/meetingsevents/meetings/floor_plan.jhtml?fpnav=1).

Photo shoots are usually held somewhere on the ballroom level (at least for Katsucons 6 and 7); it has the most open space but if there are things like dealer's room lines, main event lines, etc. it could get crowded. Exhibit Hall level has been the registration/dealer's room before and I would bet that could be how it goes again. The first floor plan is missing, but aside from near the bar there isn't a whole lot of space for a shoot.

Would it be possible to set aside certain times in a room for it? The lighting wouldn't be too great but that's what a few groups did at Katsu 7...

Edit- regarding Neko Cathy's idea if someone could make a few flyers to put up on bulletin boards once we have plans finalized that would help.

psythe
01-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Recca-Kun you are awesome! A real man of the sea! :D

Sailor-moon's suggestion of 2:30 in the lobby is not that bad an idea even if it is crowded. Because at least we can all find it and then move on if need be.

Sciguy
01-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Perhaps we can check the prgram schedule and sneak into an unused panal room. They tend to have pretty good lighting.

sailor-moon
01-02-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
Recca-Kun you are awesome! A real man of the sea! :D

Sailor-moon's suggestion of 2:30 in the lobby is not that bad an idea even if it is crowded. Because at least we can all find it and then move on if need be.

yea, we can all meet up, and decide on a good place to take pic.s'^___^

Sami
01-02-2003, 10:22 PM
I agree that Saturday would be the best day. :D If you want someone to make a bunch of flyers, let me know because I have easy access to a copy machine and such.. once we get a final date and time down, that is. ^__^

And I can make a big sign if people want, and put it on a stick like a big ol' picket thing to be held up at our meeting place!

psythe
01-02-2003, 10:25 PM
That would rock Sami, I'm thinking if we are gonna have flyers for a cosplay.com gathering, then Admin might like to know about it. But that is a great idea!

I think I could find a big sign in the sea of people :D

Sami
01-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Oo, that is also a good idea. ^_____^;; Best to clear it with the head honchos first!

psythe
01-02-2003, 10:29 PM
*nods*

I don't think he would have issue with it though ^_^ as long as we don't start a fire or something :p

sailor-moon
01-02-2003, 10:36 PM
yes!!great idea!! go ask!! go ask!!^o^

Ayaka
01-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Ano ne . . . yeah, you guys need to talk to Admin about this. He's the only one (well, or Aeris, probably) who can make plans about official cosplay.com gatherings. I'm saying this cause there was another thread that was locked by him for just that reason - they really don't want people using the cosplay.com name when it's not official, and it's only official if they're doing it. You gotta be careful when you're high visibility. (Remember the guy who was doing "official" cosplay.com photos?)

I'm just giving you the heads-up, before a mod or admin comes in.

And, of course, whenever people are gathering, I'll be there. :D

Recca-kun
01-03-2003, 01:17 AM
Ayaka - good point, my bad. ^_^; Whatever works best then... chances are if we have a sizeable group somewhere and everyone knows well in advance we could not need publicity...

Studmaster
01-03-2003, 02:31 AM
Well, Ayaka is right. I stuck this thread, because these gatherings are important to a lot of people in the cons, and the information is vital to a lot of people. I wouldn't plan anything unless I had express authority from Aerith and Admin.

psythe
01-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Ayaka
Ano ne . . . yeah, you guys need to talk to Admin about this. He's the only one (well, or Aeris, probably) who can make plans about official cosplay.com gatherings. I'm saying this cause there was another thread that was locked by him for just that reason - they really don't want people using the cosplay.com name when it's not official, and it's only official if they're doing it. You gotta be careful when you're high visibility. (Remember the guy who was doing "official" cosplay.com photos?)

I'm just giving you the heads-up, before a mod or admin comes in.

And, of course, whenever people are gathering, I'll be there. :D

This is why I suggested talking to Admin :D

Don't wanna tick off boss man ;)

Sciguy
01-03-2003, 03:16 PM
I don't remember ever seeing this called an official Cosplay.com meeting. Besides, I thought this was just to determine a meeting place, not a huge photoshoot...

Ayaka
01-03-2003, 07:36 PM
I was just suggesting you guys be careful. I don't want anyone to get busted, heheh. Besides, Admin will want to be there . . .!

psythe
01-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Ayaka you are coming to the gathering right? :D

Ayaka
01-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
Ayaka you are coming to the gathering right? :D

Is anyone sending all four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to stop me? No? Then yeah, I'll be there. :skidude2:

Sciguy
01-03-2003, 10:42 PM
I hear that Death, War, and Famine were coming. Is three enough? lol, j/k (only famine visits cons)

This is going to be great. Less than six weeks from now, we'll all be able to see each other face to face. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you!

Lady_Sephiroth
01-03-2003, 10:45 PM
IIRC from Katsu 7, there is NOT going to be a lot of room in the halls and such -- that's why COSP etc snagged a room on Saturday to do the shoots. The Hyatt is not as big as the Mariott was and it will probably be really crowded.

Perhaps Aerith and/or Admin can e-mail Collette (Vice Con Chair)and see if there is going to be a room we can use for 15 minutes or so? I remember the wild layout of the hotel, and the lack of space 2 yers ago, and it can only get worse.

Heather
01-04-2003, 11:34 AM
I haven't been at these boards for long, but can I snag some pictures of the groups/costumes too? ^______^

Ayaka
01-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Sciguy - Too bad though, Death's a real cutie. Famine's a good con-going friend of mine though, so he doesn't count. Pestilence always goes, you just don't see too much of him cause he's in the video game room the whole time; just comes out for the dances.

Heather - You're a cosplay.com member, I think that means you can come. ^^ Besides, any time there are a bunch of cosplayers gathered in one area, a bunch of people are gonna take photos.

Heather
01-04-2003, 06:51 PM
^_^ Then expect me there. *dances*

Thank you!

Sciguy
01-04-2003, 08:38 PM
I though War always hung out in the video game room. Especially around the Soul Calibur and other fighting games.

Hey Heather, maybe we should try a Myst cosplay sometime, lol.

Heather
01-04-2003, 09:09 PM
Oooo I would cry! That would be so cool~!!! I wouldn't know who to be though.

Hmmmm~ *thinks about Dragon Con*

Kurenai
01-05-2003, 01:25 PM
Squeebie! It'll be fun to meet you guys ^_~

Sami
01-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Just to let everyone know, I sent a PM to Admin regarding the gathering and flyers/signs, so he can OK it first. ^__^ It is his and Aeris' site, after all! :D

Mako-san
01-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Oh yeah! I can't wait to meet you all!!! It will be a lot of fun!!!

Neko Cathy
01-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Sciguy
I though War always hung out in the video game room. Especially around the Soul Calibur and other fighting games.

Uh oh... and I'll be tagging My Akira and Akaze over there when they get their grimey hands on SC (and my Akaze guy was one of the semi-finalists for the SC tournament @ Otakon 2002).

Sciguy
01-08-2003, 08:16 PM
I'll just have to get in there and fish you out from time to time to keep War off guard, lol.

Speaking of the gaming room, I hope they have something that I'll like. I don't like dancing games or straight fighting games, so I guess that leaves me without a controller to use.

No biggie though, it would activate my GCHS (Gamer's Cold Hand Syndrome)

Alice
01-10-2003, 11:58 AM
deffinately want in on this group hug.

Rinkun
01-10-2003, 05:43 PM
me too =D always nice to meet new people. that's what i like most about cons, hehe

Neko Cathy
01-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I'll just have to get in there and fish you out from time to time to keep War off guard, lol.

Speaking of the gaming room, I hope they have something that I'll like. I don't like dancing games or straight fighting games, so I guess that leaves me without a controller to use.

I think they might have games like those... but kinda like Demos, but I'm not too sure. I never went into a gaming room so Katsucon will be my first. I'm hoping they won't have the DDR machine used only for competition because I want to jump all over it. I'm pretty decent in DDR, but in a competition I will get creamed (I just finished Healing Version on maniac today and I'm very proud of that). After watching those DDR movies of people actually break dancing... hah, forget it! Otakon will be a different story :)

Adella
01-12-2003, 01:28 PM
You guys need to talk to Eurobeat King about this. Since Kyle and I are not going to Katsucon, Eurobeat King is. He's the one who will be taking pictures for our site so we want him above ANYONE ELSE to get a nice picture of the gathering if you have one.

Aya Mikage
01-12-2003, 01:37 PM
aww-.- your not going? :(

Sciguy
01-12-2003, 05:45 PM
yeah that's too bad. I would have loved to have met you!

psythe
01-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Was looking forward to meeting you and Admin, Aeris! Guess I'll catch you all at AX. :D

So how's about it Euro!! Maybe we should PM him....

Sami
01-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Ah, my PM went to the wrong person! ^_^ Thanks for the heads up, Aeris! It stinks that you can't go, I reeeally wanted to see your costume in person.. ;____;

I can just FWD the PM I wrote to Admin to Eurobeat_King, I guess.. I'll do it later, once my computer stops hiccuping on me. ^^;;;;;

John Booty
01-16-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm really looking forward to saying "hi" to you guys!

kelldar
01-16-2003, 04:49 PM
same here ^^ I'm so excited!

Celine
01-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Bwaaaah!!! ^_^ I hadn't noticed just how many people are gonna be there! It's going to be crazy! Remember, if you see some cosplay.com person, even if it's not at the time for our meeting, don't be afraid to say hi. I've had such wonderful experiences meeting various board members... I am totally looking forward to seeing you all. Especially having spoken to some of you, like Ayaka (ghetto cosplay forever!), for so long, but never having met in person. Ee! I can't wait.

evilchii
01-16-2003, 11:00 PM
yay ^_^ there's gonna be so many people i can't believe it! i hope you guys don't mind me taking thousands of pictures of everyone, this is my first con so i want to remember every step i take.

Celine
01-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Aw, your first con? How exciting!! I hope you have a great time. ^_^ They're usually very cool (despite all my griping about Katsucon last year, I did have a good time) and it's really a unique experience. I look forward to meeting you!

Eurobeat King
01-17-2003, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm all up for the idea about having the cosplay.com gathering, but it's just a matter of gathering everyone up together for the group photoshoot, else we can do it around the same time if/when there's the COSP ML, Cosmen, ACP, etc. groups. (We did that for Nekocon, and it worked out pretty well. ;) But for Ohayocon since there were no other gatherings, and I only saw a few members scattered all over the place, it was too hectic to go around and gather people.. :(

So for Katsucon, on Saturday afternoon I'll be wearing my Endless Waltz Trowa (look for me as the blue&white Boyscout Nazi) hehe I'm going to try and go for 2pm to gather at the lower level of the hotel (2 floors DOWN from the lobby) in the large area outside main events (where they had the masquerade back in 2001), so if people want to gather around that time, that would be kewl.. IF there is another place that the COSPML, ACP, etc. is going to be held at, we'll move it there since I usually take pics of those groups, but I don't know yet..

How does that sound? Oh, and since I will be the one representin' cosplay.com at Katsucon, if you see me, please say hello and let me know which member name you use here, so this way I'll be able to take more pictures of cosplay.com members that I'm not familiar with like Schu, Lady Sepiroth, etc. :) Thanks!

psythe
01-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Saturday at 2PM then :bigtu:

I'll be there! ^_^

Sami
01-17-2003, 08:29 PM
Woohoo, excellent timing! ^___^ I will definitely be there!

kitty_neko
01-17-2003, 08:54 PM
i'll try to be there/remember when and where it is ^_^
i cant wait! =3

Sciguy
01-17-2003, 08:58 PM
I shall be at the appointed time and place.

dizzylizzy
01-18-2003, 01:37 PM
:::excited::: i'm sure my shyness will kick in and i'll be standing there all quiet. : )

twentystitches
01-18-2003, 07:44 PM
^^ You won't be the only shy one dizzylizzy! I'm pretty 'o.o;;..must..make..good..first impression...' when I get in these kinds of situations!

I can't wait to meet everyone and get lotsa pictures! I barely ever get pictures at cons because I either put my thumb over the lens, ruining the photo or I just can't get to the cosplayer and then I end up losing them. Bah, this time I'm just snapping pictures as soon as I get permission too!

XD Not to long to wait! Ah..*goes back to sewing*

dizzylizzy
01-18-2003, 08:14 PM
we'll have to pair up. lol.... safety in numbers? ::wink::

psythe
01-18-2003, 08:48 PM
No shyness allowed Dizzylizzy XD Just jump right in and say hey!

Mako-san
01-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Okay 2pm saturday... I'll be there!!! Now I just need to find the place. *looks around aimlessly and lost*

Neko Cathy
01-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Depending on events, I will do my best to make it there even though this is my first time @ Katsucon and I probably won't know my way around yet! If not, good luck finding me in the game room, dealers or which ever! You guys should already know who I'll be cosplaying as so I shouldn't be too hard to find. :)

Recca-kun
01-19-2003, 12:29 AM
To reiterate: 2 PM, bottom floor (go all the way down on the escalators/elevators; if you can't find those you're in the wrong hotel), and if we're looking for an open area then it most likely will be the side of the escalators opposite the artists alley, provided there isn't a line for dealer's room down there (shouldn't unless they're limiting the number of people in there). Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but unlike last year's Katsu I think I remember this hotel's layout well enough. ;)

At any rate look for a large group of cosplayers you (think you) know, and you should be ok...

Oshi
01-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by dizzylizzy
:::excited::: i'm sure my shyness will kick in and i'll be standing there all quiet. : ) Hahaha, you know Cat and I will pull you into the crowd >=D

dizzylizzy
01-19-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
Hahaha, you know Cat and I will pull you into the crowd >=D

just be nice! ::wink:: i already had a shy attack while at neko. lmao oh, and btw, i'll be watching you two. be good!

Originally posted by psythe
No shyness allowed Dizzylizzy XD Just jump right in and say hey!

you guy don't bite, do you?

Mako-san
01-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Thank you Recca-kun!!!
I can't wait to meet you all!!!

psythe
01-19-2003, 11:38 AM
I will so be there, and if you happen to see a green-cloaked, purple-haired cosplayer aimlessly searching, just run over and pull me into the group ^^v

Sciguy
01-19-2003, 09:31 PM
No DizzyLizzy, we don't bite.... hard...

dizzylizzy
01-19-2003, 09:51 PM
No DizzyLizzy, we don't bite.... hard...

:::a smirk appears on her face::: promise? ::snicker::