PDA

View Full Version : Game Boy Sewing Machine!

Resuka
01-02-2003, 11:41 AM
This may be old news (if so, I apologize), however I saw this for the first time today and had to post it-

http://www.meetizek.com/home.html

The ultimate sewing machine for game cosplayers!
I may have to get one, unless they come out with an upgraded GBA version ^_~

Carmila
01-02-2003, 11:53 AM
That is just wrong....But I so want one!

†§Tohru_Honda§†
01-02-2003, 12:16 PM
*gasp* o.o;;

yuffieleonheart
01-02-2003, 01:09 PM
lol i saw that like 2 years ago and i really wanted it ^^

KnuxieChan
01-02-2003, 01:35 PM
LMAO! I want one! XD

LatinVixen
01-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Oh my this is really cool =D.

katrinastrife
01-03-2003, 12:16 AM
LOL!!! I forgot to reply to this thread when I checked it out... OMG, this is just hilarious...

MargauxZ
01-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Dude, I have that! It really is a great machine! I love it!

And I have done 15 costumes on it, it has been worth it for me!

Sami
01-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Wow, you've done 15?! That's awesome!! Go GBA! XD

Troppy
01-03-2003, 03:31 PM
I'd get one just to say I had one...I'd be like "look, my gameboy helps me sew!" ...and then never do a thing with it. o_o;;

Resuka
01-03-2003, 04:08 PM
MargauxZ- you have one?

I initially posted the link because I found it humorous (the strangest GB accessory yet!) but now I'm really considering buying it.... my old machine has finally competely stopped working, and well.... the IZEK is starting to look like a very tempting deal...

And it matches my ibook ~_~;;;;

If it can actually sew nicely as well as look nifty, I may have to get one!

MargauxZ
01-03-2003, 05:56 PM
It was a great deal, and it really is a quality machine. If anyone has any questions, please! Ask!

Maryssa
01-03-2003, 07:51 PM
that is incredibly pointless and retarded.

Resuka
01-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Well, with a ringing endorsement like "incredibly pointless and retarded", who could resist?

I'll have to get one now ^_^

MargauxZ
01-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Have you used one Maryissa?

Troppy
01-04-2003, 08:03 PM
I agree with MargauxZ, Maryssa. Don't knock something until you've tried it... and somehow, I doubt you have. I personally think, while not completely necessary, it is a creative idea...and if someone is here raving so wonderfully about it, and has actually USED it, it can't be "pointless and retarded" ...

Dark Vision
01-05-2003, 04:22 AM
wow, thats cool. Too bad i'm happy with machine right now. I don't buy many toys with play with, geez I bought a hot gule gun only just today.

Maryssa
01-05-2003, 08:51 PM
Wow I'm sorry. I was not aware I couldn't have an opinion of something that is an invention that I see in NO way useful and is therefore POINTLESS and STUPID.

MargauxZ
01-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Well, it is a working sewing machine....so how is it not useful? Is a working sewing machine really pointless and stupid?

Maryssa
01-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Um did you totally miss the picture? its a sewing machine with a GAME BOY ATTACHMENT. please explain to my simple mind why you would EVER need that.

Troppy
01-05-2003, 08:56 PM
think of it this way. At one point, *computers* were called pointless as well because of closed-mindedness. You can have an opinion, just don't sound so shocked when it isn't respected because it has no logical grounds and uses crude, unneeded ways of speaking.

Maryssa
01-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Ah yes, but how come no one wants to tell me the usefulness of this product, rather than just getting all offended at how differently I word my opinion than you all? Why should I buy this sewingmachine-and-gameboy-for-some-reason-in-one rather than a normal sewing machine like every one else has?

Troppy
01-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Settle down, Maryssa. Please. Nobody is telling you to go out and BUY the thing, but by calling it "pointless and retarded," you make it sound like NOBODY in this universe should find it purposeful or in any way positive.

Some people probably think its interesting, or simpler, or just fun. Maybe you don't. I'm not promoting it either, but I'm certainly not just insulting it because I personally would prefer other methods as you are.

That's all.

Resuka
01-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Actually, there are quite a few sewing machines available which can connect to computers and laptops. The interface provides the user which greater range of stitch and embroidery choices than a regular sewing machine would have (let's face it, there is not very much room on a sewing machine- you can only include so many dials and switches).

The GB machine is one of these, using an interface that many people (especially younger ones) are already familiar with. It's supposed to be easier to use because many buyers wouldn't need to learn how to use an entirely new interface from scratch (which they would have to if the computerized options were built into the sewing machine itself).

And you can play gameboy games on it, of course.

I consider that to be useful as well ^_^

MargauxZ
01-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Yea, its just an alternate to a cluttered-dialed regular machine.

I liked the sleek design, and the ease of use. It comes with a lot of cool stuff like decorative embroidery, lettering, create-your-own stitch pattern, with memory to go back to saved designs. I use all of the functions. And it was $1200 cheaper than a computer-plug in machine.

It is pretty useful actually. It fits my sewing needs.

Maryssa
01-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Resuka: I thank you for your intelligent explanation of what this thing truly does. I am now of the enlightened.

Yuna
01-06-2003, 01:48 AM
Troppy, just because Maryssa doesn't agree with something and has an alternate view on it doesn't mean she's angry and doesn't mean she's jumping down your throat. She's just stating her opinion and does not deserve to be accused of being angry, ect. You shouldn't be so sensitive.

Troppy
01-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Don't get all defensive on me; I did not say she was jumping down my throat. I don't know where you got that idea. I stated my opinion, and why I disagreed with her. No anger, no ACCUSATIONS of anger.

I personally had dropped it after my last comment, because I respect the fact that you ALL have your own opinions as I do. This is not a personal comment toward ANYBODY, but I suggest that everyone does the same. This thread should never have gotten this involved...

Yuna
01-07-2003, 01:16 AM
Settle down, Maryssa. Please.

That right there is an accusation that Maryssa was unsettled. You don't tell someone to settle down unless you're willing to imply you think they're angry. If you don't think she is, don't say that. The implication remains the same. I don't like people telling me to settle down even when I AM angry, let alone when I'm not. There's a severe difference between enthusiasim and anger.

Mizuho
01-07-2003, 01:56 AM
(Just a little off-topic, but I never liked it when someone patronizingly tells someone else to "calm down" or "don't get angry" when they clearly aren't angry. Usually, people only say that to provoke them or to angry them. Ahhhhh! :( )

Adella
01-07-2003, 02:00 AM
I agree. @_@;;; It's pretty condescending.

engrish
01-07-2003, 01:59 PM
The worst thing you can do to an angry person is to tell them to "settle down". That's like telling a drunk person, "you're drunk you should stop drinking" *this is where they go completely berserk*

Best way to calm a drunk man is to buy him a drink:D

As for that sewing machine it reminds me of the Imac! I never considered having a wealth of stitch patterns to be considered necessary for the type of stuff I do, so I'm happy with my machine. It does 2 stitches running and zigzag and that's it:D

Troppy
01-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Well then, I apologize. I really don't think one should have to watch what they say THAT closely on a message board for offensive content...personally I don't think the phrase "calm down" is all that horrible, but apparently my opinion is not shared seeing as not one but SEVERAL people commented against it. (Not the person I directed the comment TOWARD surprisingly...but Maryssa actually gets MORE respect from me for that.)

I never meant any harm by it, or ANYTHING I've said in this thread, but seeing as I obviously am doing so involuntarily, I'm going to just stop. Sorry, sorry, sorry.