PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Basket Gathering

Matsuki
02-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Hoy! Matsu here n_n

I was wondering, would anyone like to have a gathering for Furuba? I was planning one for Fanime but then there were changes in plans so I ended up making my costume early.

-- btw the one for Fanime is still on--

Anyways, would anyone like to do Fruits Basket? Ummm we can play Rich Man Poor Man. I can give out a packet of pocky or some candy to the winners. We can take pictures together too! (of course...haha..)
So, if anyone wants to join... say Ai!
Gathering Info:
Sunday- 1:00 PM Hotel Lobby
Heres our group:
Matsuki- Tohru Honda Summer uniform
Suguishi- Tohru Honda Winter Festival Kimono
K Valentine- Yuki Sohma Summer uniform
Nadeshiko- Tohru Honda Summer uniform
Yemei- Kagura Sohma Summer uniform
Jermz- Kyo Sohma Summer uniform
Kasumi- Kisa Sohma Summer uniform

oh yeah, here are the directions from Rich Man Poor Man: http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=FRU&categorycode=BMG&page=article
btw: You can also find the Manga Version volume 2

Suguishi
02-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Hoy! Matsu here n_n

I was wondering, would anyone like to have a gathering for Furuba? I was planning one for Fanime but then there were changes in plans so I ended up making my costume early.

-- btw the one for Fanime is still on--

Anyways, would anyone like to do Fruits Basket? Ummm we can play Rich Man Poor Man. I can give out a packet of pocky or some candy to the winners. We can take pictures together too! (of course...haha..)
So, if anyone wants to join... say Ai!

Current people:
Matsuki: Tohru Honda (Summer Uniform)
friend: Kyo Sohma (Summer Uniform)
friend: Kagura Sohma (Summer Uniform)
friend: Kisa Sohma (Summer Uniform)

Kimono- summer festival Tohru here X3 I will probably wear that Sat or Sun... hopefully sunday.

K_Valentine
02-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Summer Yuki and Tohru should be ready.

Is there a date/time set yet? I'm leaning for a Sat afternoon or Sunday morning.

Suguishi
02-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Summer Yuki and Tohru should be ready.

Is there a date/time set yet? I'm leaning for a Sat afternoon or Sunday morning.

Let's do this sunday morning... Sat I would probably have to do Naruto....

Matsuki
02-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Me and my friends are kinda busy on Sunday morning, what do you guys think of Saturday afternoon? =/

Nadeshiko
02-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Saturday late afternoon would be allright. (3ish or 4ish) K Valentine and I have the ST gathering at 1PM.

K_Valentine
02-20-2005, 09:22 PM
I would prefer Sunday.

Ryu-Ness
02-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Need an Arisa?

Matsuki
02-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Saturday late afternoon would be allright. (3ish or 4ish) K Valentine and I have the ST gathering at 1PM.

Yeah, 3:30 sounds good. ^__^

K Valentine-
Sunday would be good... but if we do it on Sunday how bout we do the gathering at 1pm? =/

I dunno, either or, is fine with me. Me and my friends just can't be there before 12.

Ryu-Ness-
YAH, we need an Arisa =]

Suguishi
02-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah, 3:30 sounds good. ^__^

K Valentine-
Sunday would be good... but if we do it on Sunday how bout we do the gathering at 1pm? =/

I dunno, either or, is fine with me. Me and my friends just can't be there before 12.

Ryu-Ness-
YAH, we need an Arisa =]

sunday 1pm is fine with me too ^^

K_Valentine
02-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I am in agreement with 1P Sunday as well.

Nadeshiko
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
I think I'll have to go with Sunday at this point due to sudden cosplay change in plans. I'll be in Tohru all day anyway. ^^

Matsuki
02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Okay! Sunday 1pm it is ^__^

Heres our group:
Suguishi- Tohru Honda Winter Festival Kimono
Ryu-Ness- Arisa Uotani (what version?) ^^';;
Yeimei- Kagura Sohma Summer uniform
Friend- Kisa Sohma Summer uniform

(I hope thats all correct ^_0;; )

Anyways sooo, have we decided on what to do for the gathering? Do you guys want to play rich man poor man? or... just take pictures and stuff? or both>? ^____^;;

Suguishi
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Okay! Sunday 1pm it is ^__^

Heres our group:
Suguishi- Tohru Honda Summer Festival Kimono
Ryu-Ness- Arisa Uotani (what version?) ^^';;
Yeimei- Kagura Sohma Summer uniform
Friend- Kisa Sohma Summer uniform

(I hope thats all correct ^_0;; )

Anyways sooo, have we decided on what to do for the gathering? Do you guys want to play rich man poor man? or... just take pictures and stuff? or both>? ^____^;;

since it might be cold... let's change mine to winter festival! XD It's the same thing, just a thicker kimono...

K_Valentine
02-23-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm definitely planning to shoot and or film the gathering. Maybe some RMPM if time permits.

As for location: I'm not familiar with the area so have no idea. Hotel Lobby, outdoors, or hotel lobby and moving to the outdoors once most have arrived?

Matsuki
02-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Hmmm, I haven't been to that Holiday Inn before..but uh I'll figure it out too. And the hotel lobby to outdoors (if it the weather isn't horrible) sounds good.

Oh and... this is my first attendance to a gathering (also my friends' first gathering) so er... if you guys have any ideas on what people do at gatherings or if theres something that you want us to do while you film... that'd be great.
I'm such a newbe to gatherings sorry. x_x

Ryu-Ness
02-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Summer version seems like the majority, so I'll pick that one to stay in line. I should have it done by this weekend. >_> Wonder if pipes are allowed.. *grin*

Sunday 1 PM works perfectly for me, since I have a lunch "gathering" at about 3 PM on Saturday.

I wanna play Rich Man, Poor Man! -whips arm up furiously- Bow before me, carrot tops! ..I believe I have the attitude down. Excuse me while I go walk off into a corner before I get scary.

Nadeshiko
02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
If I can recall how the area looks like, there really is not much outdoors. The Holiday Inn is in the middle of a busy main street. The closest to outside you can get would be the entrance to the hotel. I'd say stick with the hotel lobby for now and at the time of the con, we'll see if there are any other spiffy and nice locations in the hotel.

Matsuki
03-01-2005, 02:03 PM
ermmmm.... our Kyo is being quite the procrastinator so.. if he doesn't show, I'm sorry ;_; I'm going to try to help him with his costume so he can finish it ASAP.

I know I wrote this on the first post on the first page already but if you skipped that page this here is to make it more clear:

Fruits Basket Gathering:
March 6,2005, Sunday
1:00PM
Hotel Lobby

die-sama
03-01-2005, 03:37 PM
moo hope i can make it to see everyone together
:(

:misses her yuki costume all the way back home in MD:

Ryu-Ness
03-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Can you take me off the list? I can't find my other shoe..

That sounds really dumb, but it's true. I'll let you know if I can find it, since I don't feel like spending $50 on a pair of shoes otherwise. T_T

Suguishi
03-03-2005, 02:38 AM
Can you take me off the list? I can't find my other shoe..

That sounds really dumb, but it's true. I'll let you know if I can find it, since I don't feel like spending $50 on a pair of shoes otherwise. T_T

I'm a worse procrastinator. I just finished the kimono ^_^;;;;; and realized that i probably have to wear pants inside or something.... (lol) and I probably won't look anything like tohru except with the FB group ... so yea... I'll look for you people XD

Matsuki
03-04-2005, 05:26 PM
heh. we're almost done with my friend's Kyo costume so he should make it...he better... *holds fist up* ^__^';;;;;;;

K_Valentine
03-07-2005, 12:18 PM
That was a fun gathering. Thanks for the food afterwards.

Nadeshiko
03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
The gathering went wonderful. It was nice hanging out during lunch. The sushi you guys made tasted great. ^_^

Looking forward seeing you in all your fruity-ness at Fanime!

Matsuki
03-08-2005, 12:35 PM
^__^ We had a great time too. heh, I hope we didn't add too much vinegar though. And some of the sushi had nothing in it.. x_x';;;

Hope to see you both at Fanime, and maybe the cherry blossom fest. <3

-Matsu

Suguishi
03-10-2005, 12:37 AM
gah..... i actually finished making my costume... but did not wear it to the FB gathering... (did not ear it at all...) i think, hope some of your saw me walking around sad, with my naruto headband next to all of yous, going "uuuuuuuu~~~ furuba~~~.." T^T