PDA

View Full Version : is it really worth going to?

Duh-chan
02-12-2005, 04:35 PM
my friend says the a-kon isn't worth going to, but im not so sure about that. so i need someone thats actually been to a-kon before to tell me if its good or not

Fire Elemental
02-12-2005, 06:46 PM
lol, i've never been, but many of my friends have, and they say its definately worth it. i've been to other cons, and they were fun. It ususaly depends on what your looking for. if you need info, try going to www.a-kon.com and read up about it.

Xenocore
02-12-2005, 06:53 PM
It is worth it :D

I went last year, it was my first con. And now im hooked on cons. It is really big compared to the other cons i have been to now. But you make alot of new friends and get to hang out with people from cosplay.com as well :D. But last Akon was worth every penny.

Proz
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
It's as fun as you make it to be. Sure, A-kon has too many people, a lot of j-rockers & "The Hall of Shame", but if you're willing to be social, you can have as much fun as you want. Highly suggest going with a group of people and also suggest finding other groups. This is why cosplaying can be good because then you can find other groups that you can be apart of. Or if you're a bit older, you can find the right parties.

Pincer
02-12-2005, 11:07 PM
If I were you, go!! At least attend one time to make your own opinion on it. I've been going since 1999 and I won't stop until I croak. **chuckle**

Rizzorian
02-13-2005, 01:53 AM
As stated several times alrdy, it is worth it. A-Kon 15 was my 1st and I had a blast. Didn't cosplay last year but I plan to this year along w/ a friend or 2.

AoKoneko
02-13-2005, 11:21 AM
I was wondering the same thing myself. I keep checking the A-kon stie to see the guest list. But well. this year it's not all that ladeda like last years A-kon. Which does have me a little down. ^_^ But I am still going. A-kon is always a blast. It's the one kon I get overly excited over besides going to a kon out of state.
Plus I am putting together a Cosplay Fashion show, There are going to be LOTS of cosplay groups (ehhhhhh i cant wait), theres going to be an Cosplay on Ice thing, the hotel is wicked, Deep Elm is only a few blocks away from the hotel (OK deep Elm is an area in Dallas that has alot of night/dance clubs) and tones of other REALLY fun stuff. XD
Oh I hope they have LARP this year though O.O
You have to go sweetie. By not going you will never know what it was like going and what you missed you know?

inuyashachan
02-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Deep Elm is only a few blocks away from the hotel
I believe you mean Deep Ellum :) .

I would highly recommend attending A-Kon if you can. I had a blast last year and hope to have even more fun this year (actually staying in the hotel this time and cosplaying!!!)