PDA

View Full Version : Sophitia's armor help pleez!!!

Babi_Drache
02-14-2005, 02:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Orcrist/sophitia3.jpg

any advice for making sophie's blue armor is greatly appreciated!!!!

Amethyst Angel
02-14-2005, 03:53 AM
If you try looking at dollar and department stores at this time of year, you might be able to find large oversized easter eggs (used for decorating lawns, etc.) These are usually made of styrene and can be easily cut to shape. Use Gem-tac adhesive to create the design around the edge and paint the surface with blue metallic testor's model paint.

Tiamat
02-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Thank you Babi_Drache for creating this thread. I'm planning to redo my Sophitia costume and making her armor is causing problems, too. But not so much her shoulder armor, Amethyst angel's method was my choice for my new shoulder armor too. My big problem is her shoe armor. My first costume had its shoe armor made of thin papermaché which didn't survive the con. Has anobody a good idea for making her shoe armor?

Marsalla
02-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Foamies by AA come to mind :) Couldnt tell you HOW to do it, since ive not gotten to the legs on my Arthas armor yet, butttttttttt, foamies might work, or some flashing. If you dont mind waiting 4 or 5 months I can tell you how I did mine once they get done :)

-Mars

Tiamat
02-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi!

Foamies by AA come to mind :) Couldnt tell you HOW to do it, since ive not gotten to the legs on my Arthas armor yet, butttttttttt, foamies might work, or some flashing. If you dont mind waiting 4 or 5 months I can tell you how I did mine once they get done :)

-Mars
Arthas? From Warcraft III? *_* (*hides fangirl flag*)
*coughs* Erm, be serious Tiamat. No it's not urgent. My "to sew list" for this year is already full and Sophitia didn't make it onto my list. ^_^
But I start planning every costume and looking for ways how I can do everthing very early. That helps me learning new skills.

Marsalla
02-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi!

Arthas? From Warcraft III? *_* (*hides fangirl flag*)
*coughs* Erm, be serious Tiamat. No it's not urgent. My "to sew list" for this year is already full and Sophitia didn't make it onto my list. ^_^
But I start planning every costume and looking for ways how I can do everthing very early. That helps me learning new skills.

Yep, Arthas from WC3. Doing his Deathknight armor. Coming along, but trying to revive sculpting skills is taking a bit longer than I would like. Slated to have it done for halloween, plus I need to let me hair grow another .... 9 or 10 inches.

-Mars

Babi_Drache
02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Thank you Babi_Drache for creating this thread. I'm planning to redo my Sophitia costume and making her armor is causing problems, too. But not so much her shoulder armor, Amethyst angel's method was my choice for my new shoulder armor too. My big problem is her shoe armor. My first costume had its shoe armor made of thin papermaché which didn't survive the con. Has anobody a good idea for making her shoe armor?

you're very welcome hunny
:p i'm also going to have problems with the metal on the thigh high leather boots of her's *sigh* :lost:

Tiamat
03-01-2005, 05:14 PM
I found this link at Amethyst Angel's site: http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

Do you think this method would work for her shoe armor?