PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss Support Community

Evali
02-17-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't post very often on cosplay.com, so if I'm breaking some fundamental new thread rule, I'm sorry!

My friend started a livejournal community to support cosplayers that are trying to lose weight and become fit:

http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=weightloss4cos

She just started it today, so it is very new. The idea is to have a place where cosplayers can ask about healthy diet and exercise, and also talk about their personal experiences and goals. Note that the community isn't saying everyone has to be a certain body type, only a place to support those that want to change the way they look.

You can join even if you're not worried about your weight but want to support other cosplayers. Also if you have a lot of knowledge or a success story to tell, we would like to have you. I know a fair amount about staying fit, but I probably can't answer everybody's questions.

Again, if there is some sort of rule against posting livejournal communities here, I'll take it down. I just thought some of you might be interested.

DarkDragonfly
02-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Thank you for posting this I have been looking for a community like this for awhile

Bahzi
02-17-2005, 11:19 PM
There was already a community like that actually...http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=cosplay_diets

Evali
02-18-2005, 09:51 AM
There was already a community like that actually...http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=cosplay_diets

I guess she didn't know that one existed. Well, I see no reason why interested people can't join both, and see which one they prefer... :)

Alba Rosa Girl
02-19-2005, 02:12 AM
Thank you for posting this! I really need to lose weight, I feel so much pressure to fit into my clothes!

Koronue
02-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Ok, nifty. This sounded pretty neato, but as I am now joined....I don't know how I'm supposed to post. O.o I know, I'm a dork, but it just says to post and I don't know how ^^' maybe you could lay out some dummy-proof instructions for me....

FantasyAngel
02-19-2005, 02:16 PM
That's a pretty good idea! :D

~Fantasy Angel:heart:

Evali
02-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Ok, nifty. This sounded pretty neato, but as I am now joined....I don't know how I'm supposed to post. O.o I know, I'm a dork, but it just says to post and I don't know how ^^' maybe you could lay out some dummy-proof instructions for me....

Did you join, or did you just friend the community? I do that all the time by accident. To find out, go to the userinfo for the community, and at the top it will say "To join this community click here."

If you did join, you can click the pencil on the userinfo page and it should let you update from there. You can also select the journal from the page where you update your own livejournal.

Hopefully that helps!

Princess Milk
02-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the link! Almost all my planned costumes require a slender figure so I'm very interested in slimming down...