PDA

View Full Version : Dress Codes

Jinx
02-21-2005, 06:45 AM
Okay.. I hate to sound like such a errm.. "newbie", but I've never attended a convention held in a hotel, just those held in convention centers. I'm kinda sorta considering a Lum costume. Would this be completely inappropriate for a hotel location?

Hehehe.. I feel so lame. -_-;;

Michi
02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't think so. As long as it's okay with the con's dresscode. Of course, hotel staff at a con two years ago told me to change out of my Mai costume... which covered a lot more than other costumes I had seen that day. ~_~ But I haven't been bothered at three other hotels. o_O

-chi-
02-21-2005, 01:09 PM
hmm..lum :3 cute cute! i don't know >.< i would e-mail the cosplay kyo-chan ,she is the cosplay person over at anizona.

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-21-2005, 03:04 PM
I've never heard of a con having any other dresscode than cover up the the...essential parts... ^^;; even at a hotel. But I have heard of hotel staff having some Love Hina towel girls change. That might have been more because it didn't look like a costume, though. Yep, yep, Kyo-chan would know for sure.

I didn't know how easy it would be to find the e-mail but anizonacosplay@gmail.com is where you should send any questions (or post on the AniZona forums) to get official word about the dress code. In this thread (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=229&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45) she addresses the issue and says it just needs to be PG-13 or under for the halls and cosplay contest.

Hope that helps some. =D
Maia

Jinx
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Ahhh.. thanks guys! I'll have a few other costumes with me, so if I do get asked to change, I'll be prepared. ^-^