PDA

View Full Version : help! only 5 days to megacon..needs to find a temp hair dye

Squall_009
02-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I need to find a temperary black hair dye and soon :eek: ...im a dirty blond..so it would work well...Im looking for somthing that washes out in one wash or if nessicary 4 washes. I need black hair for van from escaflowne..(im a girl) and wigs are to expensive...please add advice..

ShannonX
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM
do you have any malls near you? Just look around in every possible store and if you don't find temporary just dye your hair black. :)

xxkingdomhearts
02-21-2005, 12:31 PM
eek! that reminds me - i gotta get myself a temporary blonde dye for myself (Im doing rikku ffx next month and i have brown hair at the mo) :eeek:

Gren
02-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Good luck with finiding any sort of one wash temporary hair dye, much less in black. Black is a notorious color for soaking right into hair (Particuarly blonde hair) and staying there a good, long while. Either be ready for a few weeks of black, bleaching after the con (At which time you may as well justget a wig. There won't be THAT much of a difference in price) or to just have inaccurate hair

As to temporary blonde dye, no such thing exists. The only way to lighen hair is to bleach it, and that is very much a permanet process.

Scorpion_Lady
02-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Gren speaks truth!

Unless you use that black spray, (I believe it also comes in gel form) which will make your hair crunchy, you're going to be black for a month or so.

Tia
02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Try Colour Pulse from Loreal. Because your hair is very light, though, it may look dark purple the first time you dye. I think you can fix it by simply doing two dye jobs, since it would be a dark purple after the first and the dye should take better. It's supposed to wash out in 7 washes, but I don't know how it would change it to do two dyes.

UchihaGirl
02-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Try Sally's for temp dyes. They have a wide selection of color of both permanent and semi-permanent.

If perm, use 10-20 volume lift, 2 oz with the color of choice.

If semi-perm, the color should go on fine.

Squall_009
02-22-2005, 04:59 PM
thanks but im going with tia's colour pulse because it comes out in 7 washes...and tia look for me at megacon ok...!

Tia
02-22-2005, 05:11 PM
I just read the label and it said 8-10, but yeah, it's pretty close. I bought a thing of it for Juri. Hopefully it looks as good as the Feria. I just don't want to be that dark again. I like the way my hair looks right now. See you at the con.

xxkingdomhearts
02-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Try Colour Pulse from Loreal. Because your hair is very light, though, it may look dark purple the first time you dye. I think you can fix it by simply doing two dye jobs, since it would be a dark purple after the first and the dye should take better. It's supposed to wash out in 7 washes, but I don't know how it would change it to do two dyes.

Do they do that in blonde?

xxkingdomhearts
02-26-2005, 06:58 AM
As to temporary blonde dye, no such thing exists. The only way to lighen hair is to bleach it, and that is very much a permanet process.

eek! I only have 2 weeks so i dont have much time to get a wig :eeek:

Tia
02-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Colour Pulse doesn't contain bleach, so it can only darken your hair. I suggest looking on ebay or in the cosplay.com wig shop. You should be able to get a wig in time, unless it's rare.