PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade, are you ready?

Rogue Marvel
02-21-2005, 03:13 PM
I was wondering who is going to step up and join the fun at Anizona's Masquerade.

It should be a big year with celebrity judges. And with a Amano as the main guest of honor there are sure to be some awsome FF costumes.

If you havn't already signed up I recomend you step up now to get the judging time you want and to make sure you get in. This is sure to be a great year.

For those of you not planing on entering I invite you to come watch as I host Anizona's first cosplay contest.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Jinx
02-21-2005, 05:03 PM
I would love to enter, but I don't have anything that I feel is masquerade-worthy. But I'll definitely go go watch!

ANoM
02-21-2005, 05:33 PM
No entrar para mi, or something. I'll be in the stands tho! XP

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-21-2005, 05:39 PM
I would love to enter, but I don't have anything that I feel is masquerade-worthy. But I'll definitely go go watch!

Oh I'm sure you will have something masquerade worthy! You should enter! LOL was that a typo or do you intend to watch as Gogo? XD

I already signed up and sent in my progress photo. I'll be Nanami Kiryuu from Utena. ^.~

Rogue Marvel
02-21-2005, 05:47 PM

Aww...I think your costumes are awsome!

but if you don't feel like entering it will still be cool to see you there watching the show

Jinx
02-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Chibi Ice Wolf: Haha, my bad! But I'll most likely go and sit in costume.. just not sure which yet. Thanks though!

Rogue_Marvel: Thanks! Maybe I'll enter.. I'll give it some thought.

Cyrus Gigelph
02-21-2005, 10:22 PM
well I think if i get chichiri done, that ill make a mask too an that would be good, what do ya'll think?

Rogue Marvel
02-21-2005, 11:41 PM
that would be awsome you should try a skit

Skit are so super awsome and I think we need more

Maryssa
02-22-2005, 12:47 PM
I entered for the "fashion" option, which I assume just means walk-on? I still want to get judged, I just dont want to do a skit.

Jinx
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of just entering as a walk on as well...

I don't think one-person skits work well.. ^-^;;

Tenshi
02-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Right now I'm entered as a walk-on with Deedlit.

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-22-2005, 06:56 PM
I signed up for fashion too... I haven't heard anyone say they are doing skit yet! There's no way I would get up there and do a skit by myself. >.< I'll be lucky to walk on and off without falling, letalone say anything without stuttering or forgetting. Don't I sound confident? lol

sethbramwell
02-22-2005, 07:19 PM
well, i dunno if it's skit worthy or not, but anizopna being my first con I'm trying a bit of everything so I'm doing a toungue in cheek lipsync sktech as Schrodinger. The planned song, the artist, the fact that Schrodinger's a nazi... it's dripping with irony, but i refuse to say more. Y'all will see, and I'll either be booed off stage quickly or i'll get everyone laughing. Hard to say.... (no, it's not offensive LOL)

Gwah! I just realized anoither song i could've done that would fit with schrodinger's smart-@$$ attitude and his naziism (as wellas my opinion of that)... oh well.

Tomorrow's another con...

Cyrus Gigelph
02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
so ya'll say i should do a skit???? um.... Like what? I'm new to cosplay so skit... um would you do it as the charicter? Like i could sing a song, and say no da alot or sumthin? an from time to time i get my... um... country accent back so... help....

Tenshi
02-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Since it sounds like most of us are going up on stage alone, it makes it difficult to perform a skit :). But I was thinking of bringing my clarinet and playing "Kiseki no Umi" on stage. Problem is, I haven't touched the poor instrument in two years, and I know I would sound terrible ;_;.

ANoM
02-23-2005, 01:14 AM
Since it sounds like most of us are going up on stage alone, it makes it difficult to perform a skit :). But I was thinking of bringing my clarinet and playing "Kiseki no Umi" on stage. Problem is, I haven't touched the poor instrument in two years, and I know I would sound terrible ;_;.

Aw too bad.. I love that song!

Dammit and now that I'm listening to that song, it makes me wanna do a Lodoss-based costume! >_<;; I think I'd make a decent Slayn XP

Jinx
02-23-2005, 02:38 AM
Aw too bad.. I love that song!

Dammit and now that I'm listening to that song, it makes me wanna do a Lodoss-based costume! >_<;; I think I'd make a decent Slayn XP

Do it, do it!

Damn, I think I'm bad for your health.. or at least your wallet. XD

ANoM
02-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Do it, do it!

Damn, I think I'm bad for your health.. or at least your wallet. XD

Dammit Jinx! Hahahaha XP

The costume might not be too hard, since it's just loose robes, but I'd have to bleach/cut my hair and shave off my eyebrows. And since I'm anal about accurate props, that staff of his.... @_____@;; Lotta work there.

Tenshi
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
LOL, I think we'd forgive you if you didn't shave off your eyebrows XD. But it would be cool to have a Slayn there, since my bf won't have Parn done by then ;_;.

^^ I'll practice the song a little and see if I can get it decent. I have a month, and it's a very easy song :).

ANoM
02-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Right on. ^^

Well as much as I'd like to be able to bring more than one costume to this con, I know I won't be able to, unfortuantely. AX maybe, but school's taking any freetime I have available from me right now, and Reno's giving me a hard enough time as is.

Jinx
02-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I think there's some prosthetics you can buy to cover up eyebrows.. I mean, I know they exist, but whether or not affordable enough to the general public...

oooh, I found black smooth pleather at SAS for $4/yard! XD

Cyrus Gigelph
02-23-2005, 05:16 PM
i can play malfinas song on the guitar, but thats about it... if any ones got tabs for any other song (not too hard) I could try that too.

ANoM
02-23-2005, 07:46 PM
I think there's some prosthetics you can buy to cover up eyebrows.. I mean, I know they exist, but whether or not affordable enough to the general public...

oooh, I found black smooth pleather at SAS for $4/yard! XD

Nice, I'll try to check it out before AX.

And even nicer! I'm assuming you bought it right then n' there?

Rogue Marvel
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
for the sakura con masqurade my friend and I were thinking of having me sing as marin from links awakening so showing of musical talent is cool.

I'm all hyper

HalloweenFreak
02-26-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm gonna do SOMETHING!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! sorry, :drink: Caffeine overload. I'm probably gonna do some comedy bit with my friends. They'll probably be from some other anime or manga (undicided) and I'm gonna be Haruko. MUAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

TasogareNoTensh
02-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I entered, and I'm also going to play a musical piece, though mine will be on a less known instrument. This con just seems hard to make a nice group skit, would be nmice if there was a couple, but it seems that almost everyone is entering solo.

Rogue Marvel
02-27-2005, 02:35 PM
It does seem like we aren't geting enough groups. It would be nice to have some more, but as long as there are people in it...I am happy

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-27-2005, 07:50 PM
I would do a group if I could ever get one together! >.< It's soooo freaking hard though. Because people are lazy and don't make their costumes or expect me to make them... plus no one likes the same series I do it seems like. =( I want to do Azumanga Daioh and Fruits Basket groups someday.

I have to find a copy of the song I want to use for my walk-on... it's called "Konnichiwa Aka-chan" and is off one of the later Utena soundtracks that I don't have.

I found out that Miss Yaya is gonna be one of our judges. O.o So I am definitely making this costume look NICE.

Cyrus Gigelph
02-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Azumanga Daioh and Fruits Basket skits, huh? well if ya ever need a guy for that, ill do it, in a heart beat

sethbramwell
02-28-2005, 12:10 AM
I want to do Azumanga Daioh and Fruits Basket groups someday.

I'd do a fruits basket one witrh ya! Noit sure who I'd be but I'd love to do it anyway.... (I'd love to be kyo, but my hair's more suited to yuki...)

Jinx
02-28-2005, 02:30 AM
I would love to do a group.. but alas.. I lack dependable cosplay friends.. (or cosplay friends period. or dependable friends period. ... argh. >_<)

Cyrus Gigelph
02-28-2005, 08:53 PM
hey. ill be your friend... :heart: :thumbsup: I personally think people should keep to their word. but thats not the real world, so 1. pick more dependable friends and 2. be dependable yourself. I am not saying anything about you, cause i dont know u, but those r basic guide liones, and if i seem like im being an
ass hole, i sry i dont mean, too. but ya i think ya know what im getting at, and i think jmost ppl on this site from az r pretty dependable. i might be wrong though, it does happen once a blue moon.

Jinx
03-01-2005, 05:40 PM
I mean, I have dependable friends.. just that they don't cosplay. And the few friends (or acquaintances, even) that do cosplay aren't reliable enough to get something together without me on their back about it.

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-01-2005, 07:31 PM
I have costumes from the same series as friends and other acquaintances, but we never have them at the same time, darn it! >.< I'm glad we are having a little DiGi Charat and Angel Sanctuary group for AniZona, though! Yay! =D

Cryus & Seth - Yay! Need LOTS of guys for a Fruba group! Most of the zodiac is male in that series! XD I'm Kisa and my boyfriend is definitely Shigure... I have a couple girl friends that like the series, too.

Cyrus Gigelph
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
im can do a good Kyo, but I have Hatori calm reserve when im thinking, or when i need to be serious. Alot of my friends say im alot like Hatori.... I would be Hatori in an instant. If we ever decide to do this, tell me so i can grow my hair out, I am trying to copy his hair style any way, but my parents have a problem w/ long hair on guy's =*(. Any way, im trying Miroku right now so I am dying my hair black anyways, so if we want to try it at this con, lets go for it.

chaipnai
03-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I think I would be participating in masq w/Yana. Not sure our group will grow, but count us in.

Rogue Marvel
03-01-2005, 09:43 PM
I think I would be participating in masq w/Yana. Not sure our group will grow, but count us in.

awsome

you guys should sign up now so you get a good judging time, plus the masqurade cordinater is like "tell people to sign up now!"

so yeah..can't wait to see your guys skit..your stuff is always great!

Gainax Boy
03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
So, if you wanna be in. You've gotta sign up in advance and have skit planned out and everything?

Darn, so much for my tried and true formula of last minute winging it ^^;;

Rogue Marvel
03-01-2005, 10:28 PM
I think there will be onsite sign up but Kyo want people to sign up in advance if at all possible.

you should do somthing!

then I can tease you as a host!

*evil laughter*

Cyrus Gigelph
03-01-2005, 10:42 PM

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-01-2005, 11:38 PM

http://www.anizona.org/cosplayReg.html

=D

im can do a good Kyo, but I have Hatori calm reserve when im thinking, or when i need to be serious. Alot of my friends say im alot like Hatori.... I would be Hatori in an instant. If we ever decide to do this, tell me so i can grow my hair out, I am trying to copy his hair style any way, but my parents have a problem w/ long hair on guy's =*(. Any way, im trying Miroku right now so I am dying my hair black anyways, so if we want to try it at this con, lets go for it.

I don't plan on doing Kisa at this con...sowwy. T.T I only have time/money to make so much and my boyfriend most likely isn't going, so he can't be my Shi-chan. =( I will keep you in mind though. ^^v

Satoru.
03-02-2005, 01:29 AM
you should do somthing!

then I can tease you as a host!

*evil laughter*

If you get to tease the entrants, then I get to tease you. :bigtu: You did pre-record something right, Rogue? Those microphones are just props. It just makes it looks like we're [techs] doing something. :cool:

Gainax Boy
03-02-2005, 03:53 PM
wait.. you gotta Pre-Record your Dialogue for Masquerade?

Or will it be more like ALA?

Rogue Marvel
03-02-2005, 04:45 PM
There will be no mics on stage.

Everything will have to be prerecorded. Exsept I get a mic because I'm specal (yay MC) and matts being stupid.

Tho If I prerecored I would probably pronounce names better ^_^;;;;

Gainax Boy
03-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Curses! >_<

alright then... *goes to find some good voice recording materials*

Mistress09
03-02-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm entering as a walk-on as well. A skit is too much work and I won't be too mobile in my costume either.

sethbramwell
03-02-2005, 08:19 PM
::Getting closer and getting nervous:: I worked out a solo skit lipsynching... now I'm worrying about it, LOL ah well, onward i go....

HalloweenFreak
03-05-2005, 01:25 PM
:bigcry: i'm just doing a walk on. My friends said they couldn't do the skit with me. so I'm gonna do a Fashion show :bigtu: yeah, i even had a neato idea. Oh vell.

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-05-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm entering as a walk-on as well. A skit is too much work and I won't be too mobile in my costume either.

Ow wow sounds impressive! ^^ I won't be that mobile in my big hoopskirt either, but I'm doing a sorta dance thing for my walk-on. I hope I can do that.... I mean you don't expect me to just straight walk on and off the stage and do nothing, do you? Arggh, I better get on to finding that song I wanna use. >.< Crap. Maybe I should look for a place to buy the CD...if it's even still in print.

sethbramwell
03-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Arggh, I better get on to finding that song I wanna use. >.< Crap. Maybe I should look for a place to buy the CD...if it's even still in print.

What song? Myabe I can help ya out.

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh it's Konnichiwa Aka-chan from Utena. x.x I'd be extremely grateful if anyone found it for me! I think I'm just going to have my boyfriend rip it from the DVD, even though it's only 30 seconds there. I hope that's long enough >.<

EDIT: Even a track listing of the CDs would help!

petitemusu
03-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Chibi Ice Wolf - I won't be that mobile in my big hoopskirt either, but I'm doing a sorta dance thing for my walk-on. I hope I can do that.... I mean you don't expect me to just straight walk on and off the stage and do nothing, do you?

I was wondering about this. I'm listed as a walk-on, but when does it officially become a "skit" If you do a little dance or something is it still just a walk on? I think I read that solo people get 1 minute max so IDK. I know some say if it's 30 seconds and under it's a walk-on no matter what you do.

I'm confused now :schitzo:

Eidolon Bird
03-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Konnichiwa Aka-chan is on the fifth OST (track listing here (http://www.olivecrest-umc.com/special/Utena/ost5.html)). BoxTorrents has a batch torrent of all of the albums, but off the top of my head I cannot think of any place that has individual tracks available.

sethbramwell
03-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Oh it's Konnichiwa Aka-chan from Utena. x.x I'd be extremely grateful if anyone found it for me! I think I'm just going to have my boyfriend rip it from the DVD, even though it's only 30 seconds there. I hope that's long enough >.<

EDIT: Even a track listing of the CDs would help!

It;s on Utena OST 5. Heres a tracklisting:

http://www.olivecrest-umc.com/special/Utena/ost5.html

Fraid I don;t know very much about Utena though... is it the op, ED, or incidental Music?

Allan

sethbramwell
03-06-2005, 04:31 PM
I was wondering about this. I'm listed as a walk-on, but when does it officially become a "skit" If you do a little dance or something is it still just a walk on? I think I read that solo people get 1 minute max so IDK. I know some say if it's 30 seconds and under it's a walk-on no matter what you do.

I'm confused now :schitzo:

erm, I'm doinga solo skit, and as i understood it walk ons have 30 secs, skits have up to 3 mins.

I hope I''m right, thats the basis for my whole deal....

Allan

chaipnai
03-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry if this was asked or posted clearly on the rules for masq, but I'm wondering if we can just do a skit and not be judged for costume craftmanship? Or do we NEED to be judged? Yana and I (or whoever I end up doing a skit w/) will just want to perform for fun.

Also, do we need to register now for masq? We haven't figured out our skit and we won't know until the days or at least a week before the con.

Finally, can we still go up on stage and voice out our skit? We can easily project our voices if we need to.

Hope none of this has been too redundant. @.@

Rogue Marvel
03-06-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure if you need to be judged but they want you to prereg and submet in progress pics of your costumes (tho I supose it doesn't matter if you aren't judged) and there will be no mics on stage. They want everything prerecorded.

I would email kyo that masqurade cordinater, she can answer everything better then me and she will get back to you right away

sethbramwell
03-07-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure if you need to be judged but they want you to prereg and submet in progress pics of your costumes (tho I supose it doesn't matter if you aren't judged) and there will be no mics on stage. They want everything prerecorded.

I would email kyo that masqurade cordinater, she can answer everything better then me and she will get back to you right away

Yeah, Kyo's great (not a stupid cat at all, hee hee). She helped me out a lot in preparing for the registartion for masq. Hopefully I won't be too disppointing on stage LOL.

I would suggest you pre-record any dialougue on an MP3 CD (by itself) and mouth the words, either that or really project,. From the sounds of it, just talking on stage won't cut it.

(Just my two cents)

Allan

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Thanks so much for the soundtrack info guys! I thought the fifth soundtrack was just from the musical or something... I'll see if I can't get a hold of that song, and then choreograph my dance. Oh and Allan, it is a vocal track used within the episode only once. It's so great! =D

Oh well if the limit for walk-ons is just 30 seconds and not a minute, than the song ripped off the DVD will be plenty long. ^.^;; 30 seconds is probably long enough anyway... people will get bored with me dancing around with my egg like an idiot >.<

Oh I think you can enter without competing cause I remember Kyo saying to a girl that didn't have midprogress photos that she could still be in it, just not win an award.

Rogue Marvel
03-07-2005, 11:36 AM
walk ons are 1 minute long

chaipnai
03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
what's the email? I used the one on the site, but I'm wondering if that was the right one. Thanks.

sethbramwell
03-08-2005, 12:42 AM
30 seconds is probably long enough anyway... people will get bored with me dancing around with my egg like an idiot >.<

Heh, You'll be in company with an idiot doing it for about 2minutes 20 seconds (kinda choregoraphed, still workin on it) to a non-anime (but good nonetheless) song.

Anyone else out there familiar with the Blues Brothers? ;-)

Allan

Rogue Marvel
03-08-2005, 12:55 AM
anizonacosplay@gmail.com

and she does check it offten

this is the email I use to contact her with

Cyrus Gigelph
03-08-2005, 07:09 AM
this sucks, i cant even make a costume!!!!! my parents cut down my work hours, so i wont have the money, and i cant do it!!! this sucks =*(. aww well i tryed guy sry.

chaipnai
03-08-2005, 09:32 PM
thank you rm! I did email her the first time correctly. :D And she has responded.