PDA

View Full Version : Any other people from out of state coming?

Rogue Marvel
02-21-2005, 04:38 PM
I know me and my crazy friends are planing on making the 18 hour drive from southern califronia. Just wondering if any other people are as crazy as we are.

AFadingDream
02-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Actually, we're looking at about a 24 hour drive if we make stops. 18 hours is about how long it would take just to get to portland :O. It depends on if we drive like insane people X_X.

Kurimono
02-21-2005, 05:56 PM
No where near as long of a trip as you are. I live in Portland, Oregon so its not that far for me. On the other, I'm thinking of going to Anime Expo later this year so that would be somewhat of a long trip.

Rogue Marvel
02-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Actually, we're looking at about a 24 hour drive if we make stops. 18 hours is about how long it would take just to get to portland :O. It depends on if we drive like insane people X_X.

oh....wonder how I got so mixed up....blah so long. Drving back sunday is going to be crazy.

I can't wait!

lmao

Apsara
02-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Wow, thank you for coming to SC! Fans like you make the entire scene so worthwhile. I had a friend who came to SC from Sacramento, Cali in 2002.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm not in any way affiliated with the con by the way. I just love it that much that I hope you will too!

Apsara

RainbowSheltie
02-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm coming from Out-Of-City. Hehehehehe... really, I'm only about a one hour drive away from Sea Tac.

But it's great that SC is getting so many out of state antendees. Actually, SC is getting a Japanese Tour group (from Japan!) coming to visit. This tour group includes two professional cosplayers. It's going to be awsome this year!

I may only be on staff as video theartre this year, but next year it's info booth! Mehehehehe. Oh, yeah, make sure everyone stays at one of the hotels under convention rates! THe more people who stay under the name of the convention, the more money the convention has to spend in other areas of the con! *being part of staff includes slightly shamless self promoting of the con*

Sakura-chan

☆Skull Rabbit☆
02-21-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm not sure if I will be going. I know I *want* to, but I live in Alberta, Canada. There is a bus trip to go down thats 150$...But I would do that, but I need to know exactly what kind of identification and shit to get through the border (I'm only 17) And the question is a place to stay...bastards.

laserkei
02-22-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm crazy enough to go to Sakura-con by plane but if I can't i'm going to drive there. I've done a non stop drive from Southern CA to Portland, OR. It was really tough because I was driving by myself. @_@

Apsara
02-22-2005, 02:49 AM
Whoa, that's incredible. My Sacramento Cali friend, at least had her mother to help with the driving. I hope you make it! ^_^

For that matter, I hope I do as well.

Apsara

laserkei
02-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Whoa, that's incredible. My Sacramento Cali friend, at least had her mother to help with the driving. I hope you make it! ^_^

For that matter, I hope I do as well.

Apsara

Good luck you need it! :)

Kokuu
02-22-2005, 03:34 AM
Oh wow, you guys are crazy! Have fun in the car... LONG drive. Never thought of going to Sakura Con. I had a friend go a couple of years ago, and she really enjoyed it. But if I were to go- I'd fly. It would cost me more to drive, and my poor car wouldn't make the trip. Southwest has airfair for only $150 roundtrip.

laserkei
02-22-2005, 05:19 AM
Oh wow, you guys are crazy! Have fun in the car... LONG drive. Never thought of going to Sakura Con. I had a friend go a couple of years ago, and she really enjoyed it. But if I were to go- I'd fly. It would cost me more to drive, and my poor car wouldn't make the trip. Southwest has airfair for only $150 roundtrip.

Wow I didn't know Southwest airline airfair was that cheap roundtrip.

Mucai
02-22-2005, 08:41 AM
I was out of state last time I checked :P lol

It seems US airlines recheck and change their prices 4 times a day. @_@ Southwest could be $150, then $200 6 hours later.

Kokuu
02-22-2005, 11:07 AM
It seems US airlines recheck and change their prices 4 times a day. @_@ Southwest could be $150, then $200 6 hours later.

If you get your flight earily enough, Southwest is pretty reliable for cheap flights if you get the "funfair" ticket- which means you can't change the time or day and if you cancel, you lose all your money, unlike with the normal rate.

Rogue Marvel
02-22-2005, 05:43 PM
you can get pretty good deals. My buddy kevin flys back and forth from portland a few times a year for about $100.

We are doing the road trip thing for the experence and fun and because I can't spring for airfair right now and they guys are taking me up for free as long as I drive some.

Should be fun

Mucai
02-22-2005, 11:05 PM
If you get your flight earily enough, Southwest is pretty reliable for cheap flights if you get the "funfair" ticket- which means you can't change the time or day and if you cancel, you lose all your money, unlike with the normal rate.

I have a return flight with United to/from San Francisco. Which is good because United is Star Alliance and will link into my Air New Zealand flight out of the US. The United return was also the cheapest I found at the time. $156USD with a Youth fare from STA Travel. (the one way was $144 and the normal United price was $250)

RainbowSheltie
02-23-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure if I will be going. I know I *want* to, but I live in Alberta, Canada. There is a bus trip to go down thats 150$...But I would do that, but I need to know exactly what kind of identification and shit to get through the border (I'm only 17) And the question is a place to stay...bastards.

Just a note, if you are under 18, you have to have a parent or guardian (anyone 18 or older - this includes friends) come with you. For the hotel, I believe the Marriott and Double Tree Inn still have rooms free. Just check on www.sakuracon.org for more information.

Sakura-chan

AFadingDream
02-23-2005, 01:24 AM
No worries for me and RogueMarvel! I'm 20 and I already reserved a room! :bigtu:

Apsara
02-23-2005, 06:37 AM
I like Alaska as well. I once made it all the way down to Yaoi con in San Francisco from Bellingham Washington on a roundtrip ticket for 118.00 USD. The other one was 120.00. But I booked them more than half a year in advance. XD

If you don't there is practically no way to get it that low. I've done that for a couple of yaoi cons now. Booked it the second I know what day the con is going to be which could be anywhere from 7 to 5 months. *grumbles*

Apsara

brocas
02-26-2005, 12:28 AM
I know me and my crazy friends are planing on making the 18 hour drive from southern califronia. Just wondering if any other people are as crazy as we are.

Ooo yes, that would be me - although a few hours less drive; I'm coming from Northern CA.

Katsura
03-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I'm travelling from the same area as Skull Rabbit, but I'm supposed to be driving down. looking at a good 18hr trip there too ^^; Really excited, can't wait to come :D

Anza
03-04-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm comming from Portland! :D thought that's not very far ^^;;

AFadingDream
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Boh yeah, me and Rogue are picking up Anza in portland :)

RainbowSheltie
03-05-2005, 02:25 AM
I don't like that staff threat. Even though I'm not on reg. staff, I still don't like it. *cries and hides*

Yeah, SC has an attendance cap in place this year, but as long as you get their early, it shouldn't be a problem. That, and if you are 17 and under, then you HAVE to have an adult, 18 or over, with you, either as a guardian or parent.

Sakura-chan

pegasusmaiden
03-07-2005, 05:35 AM
We will be driving up from California.

laserkei
03-07-2005, 05:54 AM
We will be driving up from California.

Where from California?

darkenedxstar
03-10-2005, 03:33 AM
I will be coming from British Columbia, Canada.
A 4 hour drive down. X___x

pegasusmaiden
03-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Where from California?

Central California Sacramento

~Yukiko~
03-12-2005, 07:06 AM
Is it really 4 hours from Vancouver?

UviB
03-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Well.. acorrding to my registration, I am coming all the way from Hawaii.. but I am not, I just mailed my stuff from there :)

ClaireR
03-15-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll be coming up from Mississippi where I'm currently stationed.... I think that makes me the furthest away (in the US, anyway.... unless I missed something, of course :))

darkenedxstar
03-15-2005, 11:12 PM
@yu: **** yeah. >___O""
well. the way my dad is driving anyways (laugh)
he drives slow. XDDDDD"
if not... 3 hours. >.>
well, 4 hours from where I live.
**West Van**
It should be faster for you since you live in Delta.
(am I right?)

~Yukiko~
03-16-2005, 05:55 AM
I live in south/east van. Real close to METROTOWN!!... Anyways I was told it takes like an hour, or an hour and a half. Which I find easier to believe, because some schools go down there for field trips and I've been close to the border and... yeah, you know.

Apsara
03-16-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm on Sakura convention staff. Info Booth to be specific. It's not our fault that there is an attendance cap nor an age issue. It's called state laws and fire code safety violations. If you really want to make a difference, help out in 2006 instead of harping uselessly. The age is 16 to help out.

Do I sound bitchy? Good. It's tiresome to hear "I'm just joking" threats, whining and complaints from people who do nothing but walk around and don't think about the people behind the scene at all. No one is getting paid to do any of this.

Apsara

Eurobeat King
03-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Apsara: I've deleted the problem-post, and I admire the work that you and the rest of the Sakuracon staff do each year. Hence why I keep going each year (3rd time this year) all the way from San Francisco, CA, and I love it!! So let's keep this thread on topic and everyone do their best to get to Sakuracon safely and smoothly, and we'll all have fun! :skidude2:

PikminLink
03-21-2005, 01:45 PM
whee ill be there!!

surrealwaking
03-23-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm coming from Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. 6 or 7 hours car trip. ^^ Look for me in the black bunny ears! xD

IndigoNothing
03-28-2005, 08:26 AM
*celebrates first post* >.>

Ahem, anyway I'm coming in from Alaska - five hour red-eye flight out of Anchorage. This will be my first con but not my first time cosplaying - I'll be alternating costumes between Kurama (yellow), Sango (pink yukata) and normal clothes with cat-ears and bells. I wear glasses and I have shoulder-length red hair, keep a look out for me and say hello if you want. ^_^

Ayvina
03-28-2005, 09:08 PM
I would love to go to Sakura-con, I even pre-regged O.o, but my friend who was planning to drive out there with me dropped out. So I have no way to get there ;.; Damn for living in Colorado ;.;