PDA

View Full Version : What's your costume list/schedule?

Jinx
02-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Weee, can you tell I'm super excited about this con?! XD

Anyway, I was thinking of making a meetup thread, but I was unsure of how many cosplayers would actually be there to set up meetup times other than a cosplay.com meetup..

Okay, so I've been thinking about how I'm going to schedule my costumes (because I'm taking full advantage of this local con) and here's what I've got so far..

Friday
Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy 8)
Ukyo Kuonji (Ranma 1/2)
GoGo Yubari (Kill Bill)

Saturday
Talim (Soul Caliber 2)
Lum (Urusei Yatsura)
Yuri (Dirty Pair Flash) maybe

Sunday
Tifa Lockheart (FF7: Advent Children)
Honey (Fighting Vipers 2)
Moogle Chick (FF)

All costumes are made.. 'cept for the moogle chick and Tifa.. and I need to fix accessories for Talim and GoGo. I'm such a dork! I've been scheduling these costumes as to how difficult the change would be between them, but I'm willing to change this for any gatherings that get planned. And I have an original catgirl that I want to throw in there.. somewhere. -_-;;

So what's everyone else's costume lists like?

ANoM
02-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Mine's the most extensive of ALL!!!!

Friday
Reno of the Turks (FFVII: Advent Children)

Saturday

Sunday

*pant pant* man that took forever to... copy and paste...?

I'm sure I'll make a switch into good ol' fashioned ANoM's everyday wear, too. No way I'm wearing the same suit for three days straight without things starting to get ripe. >_< ew.

Rogue Marvel
02-21-2005, 06:35 PM
I have no clue yet....it depends on what I have done at what my scedule looks like for staffing duties

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I will probably have four costumes at the most. I'm wearing what's in my sig (plus one), which is:

Doll from Angel Sanctuary
Rosebride Nanami from Utena (my baby!)
Puchiko from DiGi Charat
possibly, if I have time: Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura ::crosses fingers::

I know some people are wearing a lot more than me (like Jinx and Chi) but I take a long time and spend too much money to do any more. ^.^;; All except Puchiko, which is finished, are premiering at this con and have never been worn before.

I'm not sure what days I'm wearing which costume yet. It depends on my groups and when they are able to wear theirs. All I know is Nanami is Saturday since that's the day of the masquerade, and it takes too long to put that on more than once. >.< Big hoop skirt and all.

Everything, including our rooms, is all in the same hotel, right? So changing a few times a day wouldn't be that bad, I'm guessing?

Jinx
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
ANoM: At least you'llo know you'll have tons of pics of your costume. ^_-

Rogue_Marvel: You can still cosplay as staff, can't you? Or is that only volunteers?

Chibi Ice Wolf: Everything should be happening in the same hotel.. only I'm not getting a hotel room to save money.. I live about 20 minutes or so from the hotel, so I'm pretty much going to be changing in the hotel bathrooms, unless I take a break and drive home and change. -_-

I was contemplating getting a room just for costume changes, but yeah, that's excessive. -_-

Eurobeat King
02-22-2005, 04:45 AM
Jinx: Woww! You're wearing your Honey costume to AZona? niiice! I remember taking pics of that at AX2002, but only a couple. So it'd be great to take more at the con. :)

My costume list will probably be light, but simple:

Friday: Shinji Ikari w/Pen-Pen (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Saturday: Eurobeat King outfit
Ryosuke Takahashi w/ chibi-RX-7 FC3S (Initial D)

Sunday: None

komichi
02-22-2005, 05:17 AM
I'm wearing my Rinna from Panyo Panyo DiGi Charat all three days. xD I have no idea how you plan to wear so many costumes! I'd go insane changing so often.

SohjiroX
02-22-2005, 05:58 AM
Mine's the most extensive of ALL!!!!

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

*pant pant* man that took forever to... copy and paste...?

I'm sure I'll make a switch into good ol' fashioned ANoM's everyday wear, too. No way I'm wearing the same suit for three days straight without things starting to get ripe. >_< ew.

Ok I can top that!

Friday Reno of the Turks FF7

Saturday Reno of the Turks FF7

Sunday Reno of the Turks FF7

.....uh..yeah and maybe Orochi Chris and made up naruto character.

Yeah I'll be there for the con and hopefully I say hi to friends and more.

Maryssa
02-22-2005, 01:46 PM
probably just wearing one costume on saturday, so i have no idea.

Jinx
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Eurobeat King: Yup! A lot of people had asked about it, so I figured I'd give it another shot. Plus, I do need more pics of it. ^-^

Tenshi
02-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Friday I'm wearing Rosette. I might have Deedlit on later at night.

Saturday is Edward and Deedlit. Ugh, I have to completely change my makeup between the two >.<.

x_KyouKyou_x
02-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Not sure when I'll be wearing what, buuuut...

Uh...someone from Angel Sanctuary (lmao I would name the character but... I don't remember her name... o_______o)
Lightning (Kiddy Grade) With my super-awesome Tweedledee!!
A rave version of Rikku (FFX-2)
Mana

And I really want to do grimrock! Mix Edition Rei Ayanami, Miwako from Paradise Kiss and... -ZAN- Shinya (w00t! Dir en grey!) but even if I'm lucky enough to be able to get three more costumes done, I doubt I'll be able to make the latter one in time... >.<;

sethbramwell
02-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi Anom, thanks for making me realize I'm not the only one with one costume LOL. My first cosplay, and anyone who's been listening to my posts know its Schrodiger of the Hellsing Manga. Planning to wear it all three days, so yay yay yay!

Jinx: Can't wait to see your Gogo, I loved that character!

ANoM
02-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi Anom, thanks for making me realize I'm not the only one with one costume LOL. My first cosplay, and anyone who's been listening to my posts know its Schrodiger of the Hellsing Manga. Planning to wear it all three days, so yay yay yay!

Aye, this'll be my first as well, as if I havent preached that enough ^^;; so I feel your pain. AX, on the otherhand, is gonna be a different story XP

Jinx
02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Tenshi: I have that same problem, only with my hair.. I'll be using my normal hair for most of my costumes, but I have a lot of it, and changing the style midday is a pain in the ass! X_o Plus, once I have my hair set to wear a wig, it's all wigs after that.

sethbramwell: Thanks! Gogo's one of my favorite costumes!

Heart of Chaos
02-23-2005, 12:51 AM
And here's another poor soul with only one costume. First con...first cosplay...I'm lucky to get one costume done. It's going to be Yukimura Sanada from Samurai Deeper Kyo on Saturday and Sunday. And it shall be interesting to see how it actually turns out...ugh, I'm such a procrastinator.

sethbramwell
02-23-2005, 12:59 AM
sethbramwell: Thanks! Gogo's one of my favorite costumes!

OK, I have to ask... Do you stay in character as Gogo if hit on by a fanboy? LOL XD

If so, good thing the convention doesn't allow live steel... LOL

Jinx
02-23-2005, 03:36 AM
OK, I have to ask... Do you stay in character as Gogo if hit on by a fanboy? LOL XD

If so, good thing the convention doesn't allow live steel... LOL

Well, in my experience, it's always a good thing to be accompanied by intimidating looking guys when cosplaying, so I have yet to have an answer to that question. XD

Damn.. I have a steel towing chain for my mace.. it was questionable, but they let it pass at AX.

sethbramwell
02-23-2005, 03:49 AM
And here's another poor soul with only one costume. First con...first cosplay...I'm lucky to get one costume done.

Lets make a group... the one-costume-cadre! That'll show those people with 60 costumes a day LOL XD Here's a motto... "Many anime, many manga, one costume to rule it all"

j/k oh multiple costumers... i wish i had your perseverance. (Tho i do wonder how anyone has the time to change costumes tht much)

Allan

BlackDelo
02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I will have my:

Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Iori Yagami
Poolside Iori Yagami

which reminds me. anyone up for KOF vollyball? They have a sand V-ball court there. could be fun ^_^

Rogue Marvel
02-23-2005, 04:41 PM
I can cosplay as staff but I have to figure out whats going to be the best costume to sit in and how offten I can change and so on. And I have no clue what to wear during the masqurade because I'm sure it would be right of me to cosplay anime during that.
lucky I do have my potc elizabeth costume but I have to check with kyo to see if I should be cosplaying at all.

Maybe I'l just wear a funky wig for the hell of it

Jinx
02-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Honestly, I used to think those that cosplayed more than one costume a day was insane.. o.O;; but before I attended AX04, I always stayed about 15 minutes from the con, so going back to the hotel to change was a pain.

At AX04, my hotel was within walking distance, and while I didn't plan on changing costumes midday, it just happened. @.@;;

But then again, I'm not getting a hotel room for this con and I live 20 minutes away.. I'll be stuck changing in the hotel lobby bathrooms. >_<

petitemusu
02-24-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm so excited because I just got permission to attend this con! My friend Scuzzi will be joining me :jjacks: We're not bringing more than 2 costumes - Minimoni on Friday and our Masq costumes on Saturday - cuz we decided to keep it simple cuz of our schedules those days (non-con schedule that is). I always spend Easter Sunday with family so I won't be there that day :) But, ya, I'm happy to be going and really want to say hi hi to everyone! So if you see us don't be shy to come up and say hi either ^_^

Gainax Boy
03-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Hmm, I'm still not sure exactly what costumes I'll bring .. but I think it might go something like this..

Friday: Carrot Glaze - [Sorcerer Hunters] (debuting at AniZona)
Dib - [Invader Zim]

Saturday: Gainax Boy - The one and only original (all day)

Sunday: TBD

Depending on how things go, I might also bring Sirius Black and Edward Scissorhands and wear them in case something comes up.

kis4me
03-02-2005, 11:09 PM
And here's another poor soul with only one costume. First con...first cosplay...
Same here :-D Oddly enough, while I've wanted to cosplay for ages, I never imagined people doing multiple costumes. it just absolutley never occured to me! *feels like an extreme newbie*

But I'll be going as Trainer Yuna from FFX2 and my friend is going to be a chocobo :-) Can't wait to see everyones (multiple) costumes!

Cyrus Gigelph
03-02-2005, 11:32 PM
ya.. my costume schedual prob looks like this...

Friday: Chichiri

Saterday: Miroku

Sunday: Squall (if finished..)

petitemusu
03-03-2005, 05:40 PM
My list has changed due to other matters *_* I'm not even sure anymore what I am wearing :lost: Oh well...I'll get it organized soon! Can't wait to see every one else's costumes :heart:

chaipnai
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't know which days I plan on them, but I *plan* on bringing:

Rinoa (FF8)
Hermione (Harry Potter normal school outfit/robes)
Hitomi (escaflowne, movie version).

I might bring Yuna songstress, but I highly doubt it.

SohjiroX
03-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Reno probly wont be showing up for the con.

ANoM
03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Reno probly wont be showing up for the con.

Sucks man. I'll try to pick up the slack for the Turks.

kujaeidolon
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Ah, I'm going as Rufus, and I have a Reno and an Elena with me.

ANoM
03-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Ah, I'm going as Rufus, and I have a Reno and an Elena with me.

Awesome! Well you'll have another Reno around to pester you with as well XP

SohjiroX
03-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Sucks man. I'll try to pick up the slack for the Turks.

heh cool, yeah i just didn't feel like bringing outfit i'm not cut out to wear you know?

In anycase i'll take pics though of FF people if I can just to add to my photo's in my gallery of friends.

ANoM
03-07-2005, 11:14 PM
heh cool, yeah i just didn't feel like bringing outfit i'm not cut out to wear you know?

In anycase i'll take pics though of FF people if I can just to add to my photo's in my gallery of friends.

Eh, I always thought you made a damn good Reno, but whatever you like^^. Lookin forward to meetin up!

SohjiroX
03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks same here, i'll take lots of pics so i hope to see some good poses from everyone.

kujaeidolon
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Awesome! Well you'll have another Reno around to pester you with as well XP

Oh, lord. ANOTHER RENO. ^_~....

My poor Elena. She's going to have a nervous breakdown. Last time I had a congregation of Reno's they kept flattering each other and I had to fire them all.

ANoM
03-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh, lord. ANOTHER RENO. ^_~....

My poor Elena. She's going to have a nervous breakdown. Last time I had a congregation of Reno's they kept flattering each other and I had to fire them all.

Reno: Not my fault I'm popular X

Jinx
03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I was contemplating Elena to compliment ANoM's Reno, but I really don't like the suit thing. >_<;; So I'm Tifa. Am I the only one? That would be nice...

Velvy
03-10-2005, 08:25 PM
I'll be dressed as Tifa, but only on Saturday. On Friday I'll be walking around dressed as Garnet. ...Are there any FFIX cosplayers attending AniZona? If so, let me know (a PM would be great ^_^).

aeiouna
03-17-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm wearing my Rinna from Panyo Panyo DiGi Charat all three days. xD I have no idea how you plan to wear so many costumes! I'd go insane changing so often.

Oh now that's hardly fair, seeing as I have to wait until next year to go to AniZona! (I'm cosplaying as Panyo Panyo Dejiko)

Yuna
03-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Not as many FF costumes as I thought! Surprising =o

yayahan
03-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Not as many FF costumes as I thought! Surprising =o

I add to the shame by not bringing Lulu or Wedding Yuna. It just would be too much of a hassle with no time to wear the costumes, and I don't want to make you my changing/corset slave again. *poke*

Speaking of costumes, I have like.. ONE definite for Saturday, and am totally lost on what else to bring! Booh! >_<

Eurobeat King
03-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Yuna: Bringing some Naruto costumes and 1-2 FF costumes at least, ne? ;)

AngelicStar: Yaya, I see all those wonderful costumes/outfits you wear and take photos of, that aren't necc. from any anime.. :) You should bring some of those, or favorites like GoGo. ;) Whatever you decide will still look great come the con!

Rogue Marvel
03-19-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm still at a lose here....I'm starting to think I might not be cosplaying for the masqurade at all

I just know for sure I will be yuna one day because vevly is doing my hair...other then that

*shrugs*

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I add to the shame by not bringing Lulu or Wedding Yuna. It just would be too much of a hassle with no time to wear the costumes, and I don't want to make you my changing/corset slave again. *poke*

Speaking of costumes, I have like.. ONE definite for Saturday, and am totally lost on what else to bring! Booh! >_<
AngelicStar: Yaya, I see all those wonderful costumes/outfits you wear and take photos of, that aren't necc. from any anime.. :) You should bring some of those, or favorites like GoGo. ;) Whatever you decide will still look great come the con!

I second that! Ooh, and Fook Mi! Such a cute costume! X3 That doesn't involve a corset or look too terribly troubling to put on. I can understand Wedding Yuna... can't exactly get around a con easily in that! :thumbsup: But I'd still love to see your Lulu and Yuna in person!

Yeah I don't have any FF costumes, either. :lost:

yayahan
03-19-2005, 04:25 PM
I second that! Ooh, and Fook Mi! Such a cute costume! X3 That doesn't involve a corset or look too terribly troubling to put on. I can understand Wedding Yuna... can't exactly get around a con easily in that! :thumbsup: But I'd still love to see your Lulu and Yuna in person!

Yeah I don't have any FF costumes, either. :lost:

Oh thank you both! That's a possibility :3. I just hope I won't get lynched for not wearing a Japanimation costume all weekend ^^;;;;

Yuna
03-20-2005, 03:18 PM

You secretly love me being your changing/corset slave. You just want to strip for me, I know, lots of people get that urge... :rolleyes:

</sarcasim>

Yuna: Bringing some Naruto costumes and 1-2 FF costumes at least, ne? ;)

OMG no Naruto! As fun as it would be, I can't do the Toes with out my siblings, who both wasted their money on Recca-con! Rydia and Gau will be going though...

Eurobeat King
03-20-2005, 04:13 PM
OMG no Naruto! As fun as it would be, I can't do the Toes with out my siblings, who both wasted their money on Recca-con! Rydia and Gau will be going though...

Hehe Well, those two had fun at Recca yesterday, as did I, with what was provided for the one-day con, and got some good pics of them. As for your costumes, I love both of those, and wil take more of them this weekend! :)

AFadingDream
03-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Anizona will be my first time wearing my Tidus costume! Hope you all like it!

Satoru.
03-22-2005, 01:23 AM
Seeing as how 3 voice actors from FullMetal Alchemist are Guests of Honor :bigtu: , I'll definately have my FMA uniform. I was hoping to have a Fruits Basket outfit done, but alas, procrastination got the upper hand. So alls that's left is generic Japanese school uniform and Hogwarts school uniform.

...I think I have a thing for uniforms. :p

Ushio
03-24-2005, 12:10 AM
i finally got my yuna gunner done but i wont be wearing it to a convention anytime soon...i think it turned out okay considering that my only weapons are a needle, string and scissors...i cant afford to buy a sewing machine. but i think her guns were nicely made my dad helped me carve them. I have a question though do you have to be in an actual costume to go?

tasu
03-24-2005, 03:21 AM
I have ummm Momiji (School uniform) from Fruits Basket, Heero from Gundam Wing, an Elegant Gothic Aristocrat and Hakkai from Saiyuki Reload. Basically I change whenever I get bored with a costume. Only going for Friday and Saturday though since I'm spending Easter with my family. :x

Tenucha
03-28-2005, 01:23 AM
To keep from being some guy wearing his street clothes to his first con, I decided to do a mix match.

I grabbed my tinted Vash glasses and my Neo coat (Made from Matrix Revolutions premier when I worked at Harkins Theaters).
Never could I imagine that I'd not only get dubbed "Dark" Vash (Occasionally a perfect Vash which I dont understand still) but I ALSO got fan girls. WTF?! o_0
I mean... I didn't mind, it was fun... I'm just not used to that at all... I was usually ignored in school

Jinx
03-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Tenucha: You were standing at the doorway for the line into the AMVs, weren't you?

I was such a disgrace for this con.... I only wore two of the costumes I had listed. >_<;;; Talk about bragging. >_<

Tenucha
03-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Tenucha: You were standing at the doorway for the line into the AMVs, weren't you?

I was such a disgrace for this con.... I only wore two of the costumes I had listed. >_<;;; Talk about bragging. >_<

WOAH you remembered!!
Yea... I was a volenteer and they put me there until well after everyone got in. Very dignafied huh?
I got to know a couple cosplayers standing next to me however.

I was gonna mention it when I first found you on here... but I thought you'd be all "Who?" or "really?" or whatever.

Nah, you were no disgrace!
I think you shoulda been in the Masqurade! From what I saw when you walked by my door (I wish I had the camera on me then... grrr) to and from, I think the GoGo uniform was very well put together and looked authentic. I wish I got a bette rlook at the Ball and chain.

Besides, all the costumes you listed it woulda been a miracle for ANYONE (IMO) to realize who you were (Not who you were cosplaying but you as you)! I think I only saw you as Gogo anyway.
Me? I was gonna chance for the dance but deicded to keep the costume on *shrugs*

Anizona will be my first time wearing my Tidus costume! Hope you all like it!
We had a Tidus cosplayer?!
I was surprised when Squall finally showed up sometime on Saturday!

AFadingDream
03-28-2005, 03:00 AM
I didn't even finish my Tidus costume like I thought I was going to, *sigh*. I was the pirate running around with Garnet/Tifa :P.

Jinx
03-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Tenucha: Yeah, I remembered. You looked pretty cool. Good thing you didn't get a better view of my mace! It was dying! It's officialy dead now. I had dropped it a few times at AX05 and the ball is plastic, so it cracked, and I was supposed to make a new one for AniZona, but I just brought my broken one. By the end of the day, the cracks had spread. >_<

Thanks for the compliments! I was thinking of entering, but the costume I wanted to enter was incomplete. >_<

I did run into a few people that had seen my Rinoa costume and didn't realize I was the same person, lol. I thought that was rather amusing.

Chibi Ice Wolf
03-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I ended up not doing one of the costumes I planned, so in my sig is what I ACTUALLY wore to AniZona. =3 Pics of all 3 are in my gallery if you are not sure if you saw me.

Jinx
03-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Chibi Ice Wolf: I saw your rose bride.. it's gorgeous! Great job!

Gainax Boy
03-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Yes, every time I walked by you when you were in your dress Chibi, I couldn't help but stop and stare. Your costume rocked!! ^__^

Tenucha
03-29-2005, 01:44 AM
Tenucha: Yeah, I remembered. You looked pretty cool. Good thing you didn't get a better view of my mace! It was dying! It's officialy dead now. I had dropped it a few times at AX05 and the ball is plastic, so it cracked, and I was supposed to make a new one for AniZona, but I just brought my broken one. By the end of the day, the cracks had spread. >_<

Thanks for the compliments! I was thinking of entering, but the costume I wanted to enter was incomplete. >_<

I did run into a few people that had seen my Rinoa costume and didn't realize I was the same person, lol. I thought that was rather amusing.

Aww thanks ^_^
I personally dont think I'm memorable, but enough people took my picture anyway to change that.
Thanks for remembering.

I got to see your mace in Eurobeat's gallery. It was still pretty cool.
Hopefully you'll have it remedeed by Expo! (BTW, you said you cracked the mace at AX05 which isn't until this July :P )

I didn't even finish my Tidus costume like I thought I was going to, *sigh*. I was the pirate running around with Garnet/Tifa :P.

OH!! That was YOU!!
Me and my girlfriend (Rikku) thought you were trying to be Jecht ('cus of your necklace) or Zidane (being with Garnet)

At least there was another who was running around in partial costume! ^_^

I ended up not doing one of the costumes I planned, so in my sig is what I ACTUALLY wore to AniZona. =3 Pics of all 3 are in my gallery if you are not sure if you saw me.

My mom randomly showed up (She was our taxi) and she's a seamstress and thought your dress (the one in your avatar) was extremly awesome!!