PDA

View Full Version : katsucon 8's hotel

Kurenai
01-03-2003, 03:53 PM
I was reading the thread about the weapon rules of Katsucon...and I thought of something that is only semi-related, so I'll post it here. In fact, it's an unpleasant experience I'd like to credit to the hotel rather than the con, because I definitely got the impression they didn't want us there.
Did anyone get food poisoning from the food they were selling? I did, and it caused me a lot of problems other than just being sick. I know the hotel food wasn't wonderful overall, but I hear that a lot of people got sick from it.

Sciguy
01-03-2003, 04:24 PM
you mean that perhaps they may have purposely made the food of lesser quality for the convention goers? That would break a number of felony laws if it were provable.

Gingerbread Man
01-03-2003, 04:40 PM
yes, Otaku manslaughter, I donno how far that would go in the courts. But I think the hotel food just sucks out right, after all the horror stories I've heard, I walk to mcdonalds and take my chances there.

Kurenai
01-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Whoops...no I wasn't implying they made it bad on purpose. They may have just not cared and left it out is what I meant ^^;

Lady_Sephiroth
01-03-2003, 09:39 PM
The good news is that we're not going back to that hotel! The Hyatt is much more friendly to Otaku!

sailor-moon
01-04-2003, 11:54 AM
you mean the food at katsu last year? well it doesnt matter cause at cons i dont eat anything anyways^o^ seriously, i go to cons to lose wight!!! LOL :thumbsup:

Kurenai
01-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Lady Sephiroth: I hear it's a much better location ^_^

Sailor-Moon: Yeah, good point. Normally I hardly eat anything during a con because I'm going on the rush I get at cons ^^ Though sometimes I need to have something so I don't pass out ^^;

Gingerbread Man
01-04-2003, 12:58 PM
I lived off of trident at anime usa. :D