PDA

View Full Version : Jedi costumes + materials help needed

JoeBoeing
01-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Greetings all,

I'm wanting to make a Sith student costume based on my days in the old SW RPG character, Rayen Dya-gar (name is a play on Raining Daggers) and I think I found a pattern that may work for the hooded cloak.

I plan on using Simplicity Costumes 8944 for the hooded cloak. However, I do not know which materials to use?

The costume is just like Anakin's fron Ep. II but it's Black with Red Trim and Red Lining.

I had concept art of my character I used to role play on a Star Wars RPG site back 6 years ago and I wonder if Lucas didn't steal my design. Besides the colors is almost exact.

Thanks,
Joe

P.S.
For info on my character he was a student of Darth Sidous and was a competitor to Anakin for the role of Sith Apprenitice. But when Akakin got the spot I was put on Jedi killing duty and tracked Yoda down and Yoda killed me.

jade_dragon
01-04-2003, 06:33 PM
im plaining a jedi costume too =) best way to go is cottons light to heavey and check this site out its alot of help http://www.padawansguide.com/index2.shtml

Mei Lan Chang
01-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Another lovely place to find everything you need for Star Wars costuming is on www.theforce.net. There is a whole forum dedicated to costuming and the Jedi garb (all of them) are the most popular by far.

May the force be with you....

....and tax deductables.

Garuda_Aiacos
01-23-2003, 12:29 PM
The actual Jedi and Sith Costumes in the movies are made from materials ranges from Khadi (Indian Homespun) to Cotton to Wool to Vinyl.

For Ep1, nearly all the material used for the Jedi costume (minus the outer robe which is made from Wool) are made from Khadi, dyed to the various colors. In Ep II, most of the fabrics are specially made/bought from all over the world. Why, Anakin's outer robe was made from some WWII army blanket!

Frankly, I'll highly recommad you use cotton or cotton mix (Cotton-Poly, Cotton-Wool, Cotton-Linen) fabrics to make the robe. Raw Silk (the really raw one, rough and a bit dull in color) and Linen will also do the job if you can find it cheaply.

For the Red trimmings, how about using Bias Tape or similar? For my future Darth Maul Sith Apprentice Garb , I'll be using Crimson Bias Tape for the trimmings.