PDA

View Full Version : Easy Cosplay costumes

inuyashasoneand
02-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey i was wondering if there were any easy cosplay costumes that can be done with everyday clothing?? I am attending Megacon and i only have two days so i need help quick.

Michi
02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
There's a lot of them. But do you really want to pull something together if you don't even know what it is? I'd feel silly. ^^; What are you into? Maybe look at your favorite anime and see if there's something simple you could make quickly.

Koronue
02-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Er...it's hard to say. Maybe just a generic schoolgirl or maybe a kitty? ^^ Those are always cute. :)

Celebrimbor
02-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Er...it's hard to say. Maybe just a generic schoolgirl or maybe a kitty? ^^ Those are always cute. :)

Yes... it's easy to become a neko with:
http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/articlepics/photoshop/10-08-04-products/eninsc1.jpg

Seriously though, you could probably manage to make a set of Persocom ears by tomorrow...

http://chii-ears.tripod.com/

ilumiari
02-23-2005, 03:56 AM
Hey, that's cute!

One that I can think of offhand is Chihiro from Spirited Away, it's just a plain tshirt and shorts. It also has the advantage of being a well-known film, therefore a well known character.

Else the outfit Hideki gives Chii to wear on their first day togeter - A baggy tshirt and baggy pants.

scandia
02-23-2005, 09:39 AM
I am wearing a long sleeve wrap shirt, a pair of brown trousers with flares, and knee-high boots on. I am dressed up either as casual Oscar or Rei St. Just (both from the same mangaka). I am at work and someone asked me if I was trying to look sexy. I told her I was just trying to look like an anime character. In other words, extremely easy to pull together. Almost as easy as my Ellone costume, although I already had the white skirt for that one.

Hikaru_Ayanami
02-23-2005, 12:38 PM
hummm ones i have done are pretty ezy. ummm

One Piece - Monkey D. Luffy - red looking vest, shorts, hat
Naruto - Kiba - gray jackit, black fury stuff.

lol depens on how you make it cuz i am still a newbie at cosplay so yeah my was geto looking but people can tell who you are cosplaing as which is cool.

inuyashasoneand
02-23-2005, 08:04 PM
does anyone have a pic of chii in the baggy shirt and pants

sick_green
02-23-2005, 08:19 PM
ed from cowboy bebop is easy erm...you could do a character in pajamas i've seen alot of people do that.

Moonlit_Rose
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm really with Michi on this one. ^^ It's amazing what you can find in your anime shelf if you look at it.. I found a million things when I did. XD;

strawberry neko
02-24-2005, 08:15 PM
umm.. kairi from kingdom hearts, ed from cowboy bebop, yuffie from kingdom hearts, naru from Love hina (yellow turtle-neck. red skirt) or some of the other love hina characters, anna from shaman king or other shaman king chars, power puff girls?? (dont ask it just popped up ^_^;;; ) or some other people have suggested a school girl ofet, (buy a white blouse, checkered shirt, and knee-high socks) and if there is a caracter you are intrested in and think is too complicated try creating an original version.

inuyashasoneand
02-24-2005, 10:29 PM
well i dont think ill be able to dress up for megacon i mean ive had some really great ideas but not enough time :lost:

anime4ever
02-27-2005, 10:12 PM
i doubt you would want to do this one but

this is the easiest one i can think of : one of the love hina girl in a towel XD , the hot spring whee!!!!

xLunarxKishx
07-28-2008, 02:36 AM
There's always L..... I wouldn't do L, though. Ever scince DN was released in America, half the cosplayers at just about any convention are from DN. Chihiro's a good choice. Here's a picture of her. http://www.venaverlo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/chihiro1hr2.jpg Very easy. White and green tshirt, pink shorts, and yellow shoes. I think it's already too late for the Megacon, but in case you ever need a speedy autfit again.

o01101011
07-28-2008, 12:54 PM
.....A bit too late? this thread is 3 years old @___@

xLunarxKishx
07-30-2008, 03:05 AM
Haha.... yeah..... Well, just in case the same situation arises again.

mmmeggg
08-02-2008, 05:16 AM

XD
You never know!

Kyrenea
08-03-2008, 10:51 AM
well I found it helpful...all I lack is the yellow shoes and my 3 year old is Chihiro...funny what you can do from your own dresser. If I get lucky - we will be Chihiro and mini Chihiro at AnimeFEST 2008.

~Shannon

Nevturiel
08-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Is that a thread bump, o01101011? Anybody can use a quick and easy costume! (By the way, is your name supposed to translate to k? Looks like binary to me, but I'm a music major, not comp. science.)

Anyway, I just watched Kiki's Delivery Service last week, and that black dress she wears with the red shoes and the big ol' bow on her head would be easy to throw together in a pinch. You would need to wear bloomers, though, since she shows them off a lot in the movie.

Syriiana
08-29-2008, 07:17 PM
well I found it helpful...all I lack is the yellow shoes and my 3 year old is Chihiro...funny what you can do from your own dresser. If I get lucky - we will be Chihiro and mini Chihiro at AnimeFEST 2008.

~Shannon

Awwww! My friends and I ((most likely dressed as Lain in her bear PJs from SEL [me], Tifa, chihiro, kaiba, and mai)) will look for ya! i want to see that so badly! it sounds adorable! ^w^

Princess♥Aimee
05-26-2009, 08:09 PM

Hey, I got this thread straight offa Google looking for a quick costume for Connecticon XD

MikuraHime
05-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Any Death Note character. Misty from Pokemon is a good one. All you need is some red suspenders, a yellow shirt, and a pair of denim shorts.

Princess♥Aimee
05-30-2009, 03:17 PM
L from Death Note is probably the easiest cosplay you can possibly do, if you're a guy or a crossplayer. For girls or crossplayers, Chi's first outfit (meaning the big t-shirt) is the easiest.

ariisha_sempai
06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Yes L is VERY easy! he's like the most basic character in a way :]

CrazedOtakuFan
06-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Yes but L is over used alot and most people never get his hair right a few do but alot of the Ls are really shabby looking closet cosplays

lethalbanana
06-30-2009, 05:08 AM
Kiki from kiki's delivery service? Just a long purple dress, broom and a red bow. Cute, easy and not over done.

NinjaPoohtan
07-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Ritsuka Aoyagi from Loveless, it's easy enough to make a pair of ears.. and he pretty much wears every day clothes apart from having a band-aid and a few bandages. :)

Drpsyko
07-18-2009, 03:53 AM
I believe this right here falls under the guise of Threadomancy o.O

MacrameKitkat
11-30-2009, 09:45 PM
lol, XD I find Riza Hawkeye w/o the military jacket pretty easy: A tight fitting black tshirt, poofy blue pants, black boots, and blonde hair twisted up like hers. ^.^ Simple, yet classic.

makorain
10-23-2010, 11:30 AM
lol, XD I find Riza Hawkeye w/o the military jacket pretty easy: A tight fitting black tshirt, poofy blue pants, black boots, and blonde hair twisted up like hers. ^.^ Simple, yet classic.

You could also use a blue miniskirt with grey trimming, giving the MMS theme to it if you don't have time for pants. Also, I believe the black shirt is a mock turtleneck, which is easy to find if in season

KratosAurion28
10-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I gotta agree what Michi said on the first page.

But some easy cosplays could be:

Sasuke Uchiha (http://theblackmazk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/sasuke.jpg) from Naruto
Setsuna Mudo (http://f1.img.v4.skyrock.net/f1e/alexiel999/pics/15408117.jpg) (exclude the wings) from Angel Sanctuary
Rock Lee (http://en.naruto-uzumaki.net/galerie/Rock-lee/rocklee-2.jpg) from Naruto

Or you can always design a simple Pokémon gijinka (own design) if you like.

elfhybrid
04-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Great thread - now I'm almost saved for my urgent cos-emergency! :D ...but only almost.. (keep on lookin in other words)

tron101
05-01-2011, 01:38 AM
I had the ultimate cheap backup costume when I took a few garbage bags a paper plate and a sharpie and went as arakune (http://www.aksysgames.com/wp-content/bb_content/wallpaper/arakune_1280x960.jpg) from blazblue

Wasplover
09-10-2011, 06:09 PM
I know I need help UGH I don't have a lot of clothes to pick from for a outfit, but can anyone help me please. I love Naruto, Soul Eaters, Pokemon, Digimon, Teen Titans. What should I do with everyday clothes I'm going to EXP this year and I don't have anything -sigh- oh, I even like super heros and funny Anime ^_^

ToasterPuppy
09-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Battle Royale was real last second for me. The collar was what took the longest amount of time but their are easy tutorials online for a cheep one.
http://insidemymoviemind.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/battle_royale_2407m.jpg

NiwaNiwa
01-08-2012, 11:32 PM
(yeah i google this up too xD might as well add more seeing as it gets viewed a lot!)
Hope from ff (you'd really just need a jacket)
characters from avatar
cowboy bebop
SEL
pokemon
the main kid from FLCL
TWEWY characters (maybe not neku)
some BJDs... those always look fun to cosplay >u<

PalmTopTaiga
04-11-2013, 10:19 PM
no your right it does translate to "k" :) yay for binary
O.O though why is still a mystery

Chomesuke
05-18-2014, 10:57 PM
-Any character from Death Note
-Any school girl cosplay
-Hei from Darker than black (Casual, green jacket and white button-up shirt)
-Chihiro
-Casual versions of characters (i.e. Levi from Attack on Titan, who has a very well known face and hair, wearing pjs or casual clothing)
-Allen Walker from D. Gray-man (Not wearing uniform, wearing button-up shirt, etc.)
-Any vocaloid wearing Matryoshka clothing (Could paint on a jacket that you already have, just need to buy wig)
-Homestuck characters
-Princess Jellyfish characters
-Rin from Blue Exorcist
-Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist
-Trisha Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist
-Eden of the East characters

These are just some ideas that come to mind:)

Mystogan
05-18-2014, 11:02 PM
I have an easy one that i've been thinking of using for the next con I go to. A Hitchhiker from "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Universe"

all you need are: mens bath robe, flip flops, towel, sign that says “Don’t Panic”...sign can even be optional

Yob123
06-16-2014, 05:47 PM
The easiest Cosplays in my opinion are "Superhero: Secret Identity". For example, I'm going to a con in a few days wearing a Batman t-shirt under a dress shirt, jacket, and pants. I will be dressed as Bruce Wayne.

EvilLittleKiss
06-20-2014, 02:38 PM
If you're into western animation, pretty much any South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, (with the exception of Marge's beehive) etc. character is pretty easy.
However, the South Park cosplays and maybe Peter Griffin are really the only ones that are very recognizable on their own, so if you want to do those, you may want to get some friends to join you.
I know there's a huge thread somewhere with a list of easy cosplays.
EDIT: Found it.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=243782