PDA

View Full Version : Scraps?

Xx Lulu xX
01-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Heya! I was just wondering, what does everyone do with their scraps that are too small to make into other costumes? I for example make scrunchies....gloves..::twitch:: Which i dont know how i have the sanity for..and other little doo-dads....so what do all of you do?

camuimana
01-03-2003, 07:12 PM
I shove the scraps in my locker (yes I have a locker in my room ^__^ ) and take them out when i need them (for craft projects at school, or small peices on costumes that don't require a lot of material)

Alanna-chan
01-03-2003, 08:17 PM
I usualy just use them to practice stitches and such. I'm also making a little pin cushion by sewing some of them together ^^

MargauxZ
01-03-2003, 08:28 PM
I just throw all my scraps into a bag until im done with the project. Then I take out what's big enough to use for something else, and fold it and put it in this other box that I have. And I haven't used very much from that...heh....

Natsume
01-03-2003, 09:05 PM
Arm warmers!!

hehe.. and then I sell them... 0.o;; People actually pay decent money for something that takes 10 minutes to make. Go figure. ^_^

ChibiRinoa
01-03-2003, 09:17 PM
ive cut off the sleeves to an old ugly blouse and made arm warmers...lots of compliments...

i usually stash all my extra stuff into bags, but occasionally ill make clothing for my beanie babies. i usually practice on the really small scraps...and once, i had so much left from one thing that i made a duster and gave it as a gift.

Kurenai
01-05-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm a dork, I spent hours cleaning out my fabric stash. Here's how I divided it:

-The fabric that was still good for costuming (big enough to cut, at least 1/2 yard)

-Scraps reasonably big enough to make small things out of, like the aforementioned scrunchies or whatever

-Scraps too small to be of any use become stuffing ^_^ yay for recycling

Babbit_Chan
01-05-2003, 02:35 PM
All of my scraps go into a bag and later on I sometimes make things out of them (small handbags and whatnot).

Cait
01-05-2003, 09:46 PM
Uh... strange projects pop up for me on occasion that I use them for...like book spine covers and juggling bean bags.

Troppy
01-05-2003, 10:01 PM
Possibilities just pop up all the time...I mean, I had this little strip of yellow that I didn't think could be used for anything, and now its a KH Yuffie scarf and a SeeD cadet collar-tie thingie.

Or, if worse comes to worst...use them to adjust the tension on your sewing machine. :P

Sciguy
01-05-2003, 10:46 PM
what to do with scraps? Customize! You made a kimono and you have some scraps, make a loop on the inside to put your glasses! Need a place to put your camera? make an inside pocket! Need to make a bow fluffier and prettier? Add some color and volume to it! Lost your favorite red sock? Make another! Ok, maybe that last one wasn't customization, but it's still good!

Mei Lan Chang
01-05-2003, 10:51 PM
I am such a pack rat in the sense that I fear throwing scraps, bits of ribbon, leftover sequins and other such sewing biproducts because the agony that would come with realizing what I had thrown away would have been perfect for something else is just too much to risk.

So its not such much that I do anything with my scraps, I just cling to the sense of security that forms when my scrap pile is safe from harm.

Mink
01-06-2003, 02:17 AM
Major Ditto,.....which causes problems in my tiny dorm room *feels cramped*

videogirlc
01-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Stuff in a bag and hope I use them someday.