PDA

View Full Version : One day con at OSU

Paul Soth
02-24-2005, 09:43 AM
http://www.cafe-style.net/animepunch/

Looks like a one-day event at the Union on April 30th. We're getting kinda overloaded on cons, but can't really complain.

fenix down
02-24-2005, 06:06 PM
http://www.cafe-style.net/animepunch/

Looks like a one-day event at the Union on April 30th. We're getting kinda overloaded on cons, but can't really complain.
The more the merrier, I always say! Thanks for posting this.

Bahzi
02-24-2005, 11:39 PM
The Awards:
Best male character
Best female character
Best cross player
Most humorous

Their cosplay rules worry me slightly...those are the only awards listed, and yet they're having skits...riiiiiight. Speaking form experience, rules like that will ensure many complaints from cosplayers. There's also no clause against commissioned costumes. If they want a decent a turnout, I'd recommend adopting ICG guidelines or at least getting feedback from experienced cosplayers, it sounds very woolly. I was going to go, but where's any honor in winning any award form a con with rules like that?

Rameana
03-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I'll be there, don't know which costume though.
I'm kinda shocked they are pulling this out now. I never thought they were interested in cosplay...but then again they do have a nice sized Anime-Club.

Mikalaya
03-18-2005, 07:42 AM
i wanna go too...whats a Union?

Miyabi-
03-18-2005, 10:01 AM
I'll totally be there. Rameana and Animeisha, would you like to Inuyasha it? ^_^ I can drag along Mandy and more likely than not I can convince my cousins to go as Sango and Kikyou. ^_^

Rameana
03-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Yea, I'm going Kouga for this convention.

The Union is a building. It's right off of High st, past the huge stone wall with Ohio State carved in them.

Mikalaya
03-23-2005, 07:50 AM
im going as "i dont know"

Neko_Chan
03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Aww.
I thought it was Oregon State University... It's in Ohio. ;__;

aikoe
03-26-2005, 03:48 PM
They were asking for suggestions on the old Ohayocon forums. God knows I gave them a million about the cosplay and they said they'd do them, but damn if they didn't. What the bloody hell. *glare* It was all seriously important stuff too, like their awards, categorization, etc. I'm going, because I go to school near OSU and my two best friends from HS go there, and because I take any excuse to cosplay, but I'm thinking this "con" is gonna suck.

Bahzi
04-02-2005, 09:17 AM
And I'm thinking I have to agree with you. ^^

Rameana
04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
They were asking for suggestions on the old Ohayocon forums. God knows I gave them a million about the cosplay and they said they'd do them, but damn if they didn't. What the bloody hell. *glare* It was all seriously important stuff too, like their awards, categorization, etc. I'm going, because I go to school near OSU and my two best friends from HS go there, and because I take any excuse to cosplay, but I'm thinking this "con" is gonna suck.

And I would not be surprized if it did. I knew OSU needed help when I went to one of their viewings.... :untrust:

Bobbi
04-16-2005, 09:00 AM
I would go if I could find the transportation down there. My car isn't very reliable. I'm more excited about Harucon tho. ^_^

marsie
04-18-2005, 05:18 PM
i'll go if i get my ass over to OSU. it's not like i have a life or anything. Anyone want to go with me so I don't look like a loser?

Miyabi-
04-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Ehhh even if the con itself sucks we'll make it fun dammit! >_< We can always travel up to have lunch at Easton and scare the yuppies! ^_^

Rameana
04-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Ehhh even if the con itself sucks we'll make it fun dammit! >_< We can always travel up to have lunch at Easton and scare the yuppies! ^_^

Yea I know.. fun fun!! ^_^
ut we need to talk over our plans and when we are gonna get there..
and if we get bored.. I know that campus/area like the back of my hand.

Paul Soth
05-02-2005, 12:27 AM
I got some shots up in my gallery.

Mikalaya
05-02-2005, 06:12 AM
It was knda boring becuz (i got thare late and) no one cosplayed and thare was a party goin on down stairs that had more people than the con did.

see you in the next life cowboys...

Paul Soth
05-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Ah, Ryuu_Raigeki (http://forums.cosplay.com/member.php?u=27532) has pictures up:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=16924&userid=27532

ryuuraigeki
05-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Ah, Ryuu_Raigeki (http://forums.cosplay.com/member.php?u=27532) has pictures up:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=16924&userid=27532

Indeed they are. XD How'd you find me, out of curiosity? I accidentally stumbled across this post when trying to lookup my username to see my profile, you see. I'm something of a cosplay.com newbie.....

Anyway, I loved your Faust cosplay. There's so much interesting Guilty Gear cosplay that I've seen that I really need to get around to looking up information about the game. XD

The IY group and the Yuna were pretty neat, too. The cosplay 'contest' seemed a little....uh, off, but it's the first one I've entered so I really don't know. *shrugs*

Isis Ishtar
05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I actually had way more fun than I expected to have XD At first it was pretty boring, but when we did our stupid cardboard FF skit for the cosplay contest, I had a lot of fun ^^;; Lol, apologies for the extreme stupidity we displayed XD; Hope you guys found it funny though, if you saw it ^^;

...and don't get me started on the NumaNuma halftime show...

Paul Soth
05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Indeed they are. XD How'd you find me, out of curiosity?

Image search.

ryuuraigeki
05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Image search.

Ah, thought so.

Your skit was amusing, MapleCroix. XD

Rameana
05-03-2005, 12:51 AM
I actually had way more fun than I expected to have XD At first it was pretty boring, but when we did our stupid cardboard FF skit for the cosplay contest, I had a lot of fun ^^;; Lol, apologies for the extreme stupidity we displayed XD; Hope you guys found it funny though, if you saw it ^^;

...and don't get me started on the NumaNuma halftime show...

I gotta a vid to send you (of the half time show). And yea loved th half time show. :bigtu:

I'll get my pictures up on here as well.
And for any of you that don't know me, I was Koga in the Inuyasha group.

ryuuraigeki
05-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I gotta a vid to send you (of the half time show). And yea loved th half time show. :bigtu:

I'll get my pictures up on here as well.
And for any of you that don't know me, I was Koga in the Inuyasha group.

Could I have a copy as well? n__n; If it's not too much trouble or bandwidth, that is...

I loved your guys' costumes, they must have taken a lot of time and effort. There were a lot of little touches and details that I admired in them, and I'm not even a very big Inu Yasha fan. ^__^

.....I have this awesomely frightening photo of your group where Kagome has a blazingly bad case of red-eye that makes her look more youkai than Inu, though. XD I think it's in my gallery. ^.^

Isis Ishtar
05-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Rameana: I was hoping someone caught us on video XD That'd be awesome if you could email it or send it ot me in some way...maybe YouSendIt or something? O__o;

Miyabi-
05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
The IY group and the Yuna were pretty neat, too. The cosplay 'contest' seemed a little....uh, off, but it's the first one I've entered so I really don't know. *shrugs*

As the Inuyasha from that group I say thanks! ^_^ I tried really hard to get Inu as accurate as I could! He's my fave anime guy so I had to try to do him justice!
And Kagome's red eyes WERE scary! She freaked out when she saw....she said "OMG! I look like the girl from The Exorcist!"

Mikepower9
07-30-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey, just do you know we're doing it again next year, only as a three day con, some learning from our mistakes, and a whole lot more organization! We could still use some cosplay advice though (as some of you saw, that was the least thought out portion of last year), but everything is falling into place really well, so it looks like we're going to have one of the most fun, exciting, and interesting cons out there! We take nearly every suggestion we get on our forums, so speak and your voices will be heard (note, on OUR forums! Stuff you tell us here is likely to be forgotten!)

Anyhow, I hope to see you all there, we hope you had a good time last year, and we promise you will this year!

http://www.animepunch.org
March 31-April 2, 2006

Misarylane
01-25-2006, 11:39 AM
KEWLNESS I will so be thare.