PDA

View Full Version : J-pop/J-rock costume events at A-kon XVI

kirineko
02-24-2005, 10:42 PM
First off, I would like to announce that this year, the girls of Sweet Tea, a local EGL appreciaton group, are working with me to present a variety of EGL-related panels on Friday, and Saturday. :D

Friday:
Noon-1pm: EGL Teaparty panel. Discussing ideas for holding a tea party, such as what is neede, recipes, things to do, etc.
1pm-2:30 PM: Beaded Crown Workshop. Learn how to make your very own beaded crown! There will be a 5 dollar charge for materials, which will be provided.

Saturday:
11-11:30: EGL/EGA on a budget.
11:30-1pm: Iron Lolita contest. :D
1pm-2pm: EGL teaparty. (will be held offsite, but not OUTSIDE. <3)

As per usual, we will be holding our yearly Jpop/Jrock cosplay. :D
It will be held at 3pm Friday afternoon. Signup will be available at the convention, in the Jpop room, Thursday evening, and basically, all the hours we are open until the contest on Friday. Also, pre-sign up is now available, by filling out the form
here (http://www.chintsuuzai.com/jpop/cosplayform.html). Online signup will end June 1st.

A few things that are different from previous years:
1)I promise to not forget my CD player :D
2)We'll actually have stairs! Maybe even on both sides of the stage!
3)In addition to the usual competitive entries, we will be allowing non-competitive walkons, during our own 'cosplay halftime'.

If anyone is interested in helping judge the Jpop/Jrock cosplay, please contact me at yuuyami@comcast.net.

Also, just an announcement, so it will be expected. We will NOT have our trophies at the contest. There ARE trophies, but since they are ordered with the main cosplay trophies, we don't usually get them until Saturday afternoon at the earliest. However, there will be prizes. :D And, if for any reason, you are unable to collect your trophies in person, I will ship them to you after the convention.

And finally
Saturday night, at 9pm, we will be holding the first Visual Shock Masquerade Ball. Fancy dress is encouraged, but not required, and is certainly not limited to the genre of visual kei. Small prizes may be awarded for the best costumes.

Also, since we are holding panels this year, anyone who is interested in holding a panel relating directly to Jpop/Jrock, cosplay or otherwise, please feel free to contact me at yuuyami@comcast.net with a proposal. :D

sacha
03-15-2005, 08:43 PM
And finally
Saturday night, at 9pm, we will be holding the first Visual Shock Masquerade Ball. Fancy dress is encouraged, but not required, and is certainly not limited to the genre of visual kei. Small prizes may be awarded for the best costumes.

Could you give a ballpark of about how long the Masquerade Ball will last? I'll probably be at my cousins' recital on Saturday night, and though it ends at 9, I usually end up going with them to get food at Sonic afterwards (kind of a tradition). So, if it's only going to last a few hours, I won't worry bringing another outfit, but if it's going to go on into the night, then I'll come back to the hotel for the it once I'm finished with dance recital-ness.

Anna
03-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I told one of my friends about the masquerade ball and she's exetremly excited. She's making a costume based off of half man half woman people from the masquerade scene in the Phantom of the opera. See ya there ^_^.

kirineko
03-16-2005, 12:08 AM
Could you give a ballpark of about how long the Masquerade Ball will last? I'll probably be at my cousins' recital on Saturday night, and though it ends at 9, I usually end up going with them to get food at Sonic afterwards (kind of a tradition). So, if it's only going to last a few hours, I won't worry bringing another outfit, but if it's going to go on into the night, then I'll come back to the hotel for the it once I'm finished with dance recital-ness.

About 2-3 hours. After that dance, we will start visual kei night, though.

Also, we will be holding an all night dance on Friday, after the concert. (which. there will be a concert. Don't know who's playing yet, but a concert there will be.)

kirineko
03-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I told one of my friends about the masquerade ball and she's exetremly excited. She's making a costume based off of half man half woman people from the masquerade scene in the Phantom of the opera. See ya there ^_^.

Bwaaa. That's sweet. ^^d

sacha
03-16-2005, 12:19 AM
About 2-3 hours. After that dance, we will start visual kei night, though.

Also, we will be holding an all night dance on Friday, after the concert. (which. there will be a concert. Don't know who's playing yet, but a concert there will be.)

thankies! I may just wear my Aya costume then, we'll see ^^