PDA

View Full Version : Offical I-Con Topic

KaineMaxwell
01-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Ok, here's the topic for those going to, or ocnsidering going to I-Con- the big sci-fi con on Long Island at the end of March.

Membership rates for I-CON 22 is as follows:
Mail In (until 01/01/03):

Adult $28 (3-day)
Student $18 (3-day)
Child $9 (3-day)

Mail In (until 03/10/03):
Adult $35 (3-day)
Student $25 (3-day)
Child $9 (3-day)

Stores (until 03/22/03):
Adult $35 (3-day)
Student $25 (3-day)
Child $9 (3-day)
Friday, 3/28 $20
Saturday, 3/29 $33
Sunday, 3/30 $26

At the door:
Adult $40 (3-day)
Student $32 (3-day)
Child $10 (3-day)
Friday, 3/28 $20
Saturday, 3/29 $33
Sunday, 3/30 $26

So who's going and when?

sailor-moon
01-04-2003, 02:55 PM
woohoo!^.^ i hope a lot of cospalyers attend this year!!! ill b ein on of my moonie gettups for the cosplay!!!!!

KaineMaxwell
01-04-2003, 03:07 PM
Hopefully I'm coming up on Saturday with a friend!

SailorMo
01-04-2003, 03:29 PM
I'll probably be there all 3 days.. but I'm in between jobs right now, so friday depends on my future new boss! n.n

Costume-wise... no clue yet, if anything. I'm just a tad more focused on Katsu right now...

CelesDragon
01-04-2003, 09:12 PM
Saturday is the best day, hands down. Though, if you want to go two days, friday is alot better than sunday. On sunday the con closes down about noon-ish, and then breakdown for the rest of the day. The only thing really interesting I can think of is their charity auction that they run on sundays, it's fun to watch bidding wars. :)

KaineMaxwell
01-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Hope you're glad I'm making an attempt to go!

CelesDragon
01-04-2003, 10:01 PM
But of course! ^_~ Are you and your friend staying for sat and then leaving, or staying over?

I can't wait to see everyone there.

KaineMaxwell
01-04-2003, 10:23 PM
She and I, and her bf, are probably coming for the day.

CelesDragon
01-04-2003, 10:28 PM
Woohoo! :) Can't wait to see you!

btw- to anyone interested in the guests, this year is shaping up nicely.

TyJILDown
01-04-2003, 11:42 PM
As mentioned in the other thread, I'll be attending Saturday. Not too sure if I shall be cosplaying as Sivil, Kiros, or Lulu for this convention though...

KaineMaxwell
01-05-2003, 09:43 AM
I *might* do Nabeshin.
Be great to meet you all there!
(If I hadn't already.)

sailor-moon
01-05-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
As mentioned in the other thread, I'll be attending Saturday. Not too sure if I shall be cosplaying as Sivil, Kiros, or Lulu for this convention though...

ooh!^.^ do Lulu ^o^

ill be there as manga sailor moon:D and if i go friday ill be aya:p

KaineMaxwell
01-06-2003, 05:15 PM
If I can, I'm doing Duo!

Maryssa
01-07-2003, 04:14 PM
I was only there last year helping with the Ironcat table... I will probably help out again this year solely because it's so close to me... many of the people at that con scare me to death x_x like 300lb women in corsets...

Does I-con have a videogame room or anything?

sailor-moon
01-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
I was only there last year helping with the Ironcat table... I will probably help out again this year solely because it's so close to me... many of the people at that con scare me to death x_x like 300lb women in corsets...

Does I-con have a videogame room or anything?

lol^.^ yea, those women scare me too^.^ if you want i can find out for you if they have a video room this year^.^

KaineMaxwell
01-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Oooo, video games!!

Prince_Bejita
01-07-2003, 09:23 PM
video games.................they must have DDR......or heads will EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::shakes fist angrily::

Maryssa
01-07-2003, 11:22 PM
umm... vejita... I certainly hope that image you have as your 'signature' is a cel from your own personal collection. People have fits when you steal images from their collections. It's rude to do so.

Also, your sig breaks the forums rules in general. You're only allowed one small image and a few lines of text.

And I think a con is able to survive without ddr... if they dont have it there, just go play it at the arcade.

sailor-moon
01-08-2003, 01:07 PM
yesh^__________________^ i hope they have some sort of a video room, i wont die if they dont though-.- i somewhat stink at video games^o^ lol especially DDR............:thumbsup:

TyJILDown
01-08-2003, 08:20 PM
sailor-moon, if I don't have a new costume done I -might- bring Lulu...depends on the weather too X_x I probably won't decide till close to the con date!

animeandska
01-09-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm Cosplaying this year! As the one the only Wolfwood! So cool! I can't wait! Cross Punisher and all!

KaineMaxwell
01-12-2003, 09:35 AM
Anyone here been to I-Con in the past and can tell us what to expect, and possibly not to expect?

KuroBara
01-15-2003, 01:03 AM
Yea, an I-con thread! I'll hopefully be cosplaying Mai Valentine, Jean from Lunar 2, and one more of my existing costumes. They have video games, and all sorts of other games. Expect...everything. The focus really isn't on anime, but that section is growing. There's a lot of Ren-faire and sci-fi / fantasy costumes. LoTR will probably be big this year. They have a lot of anime showings, some of which hasn't been released here yet, and there's always a Ranma 1/2 marathon. There's not too many cosplayers, but we can change that.

Expect a lot of walking, the con is spread out over a large campus. Also, be prepared to walk in crappy weather. I remember being trapped inside a building last year because I didn't want my Sailor Neptune costume to be rained on.

KaineMaxwell
01-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Sounds great to me!

childdoll
01-15-2003, 09:31 AM
I'm going to try to come ^_^

CelesDragon
01-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by KuroBara
Yea, an I-con thread! I'll hopefully be cosplaying Mai Valentine, Jean from Lunar 2, and one more of my existing costumes. They have video games, and all sorts of other games. Expect...everything. The focus really isn't on anime, but that section is growing. There's a lot of Ren-faire and sci-fi / fantasy costumes. LoTR will probably be big this year. They have a lot of anime showings, some of which hasn't been released here yet, and there's always a Ranma 1/2 marathon. There's not too many cosplayers, but we can change that.

Expect a lot of walking, the con is spread out over a large campus. Also, be prepared to walk in crappy weather. I remember being trapped inside a building last year because I didn't want my Sailor Neptune costume to be rained on.

In addition, lots of crowding in the main building (aka -gym, yes.. the gym). For those who were at the last Otakon and remember the one up/one down stairwells.. it's the same deal here, and the one elevator is off-limits unless you're handicapped or staff. So you gotta carry your stuff up and down stairs. And they check badges nonstop. Dealers room.. as with any con anywhere.. extremely crowded. The registration line goes out the main lobby of the gym and down the outside stairs, so if it's raining, make sure to bring something to cover your costumes and yourself, lol. And make sure to pay attention to the map of the campus on the back of your schedule. ^^; that campus is HUGE and it's easy to get lost going between buildings.

karnaz
01-16-2003, 06:47 PM
if I make it to i-CON it will be my first cosplay!! ill be there as the OVA Kenshin (yeah i know its over-cosplayed) so I hope I see u all there :P

Aya Mikage
01-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by CelesDragon
In if it's raining, make sure to bring something to cover your costumes and yourself, lol. And make sure to pay attention to the map of the campus on the back of your schedule. ^^; that campus is HUGE and it's easy to get lost going between buildings.

haha^^; i brought an umbrella last year :D hehe, hey!!you were Nuriko right?! ^^i mas the moonie^_^.

CelesDragon
01-19-2003, 12:45 PM
*laughs* Actually, I was the Rinoa that was upstairs on the guest track in the gym for most of the con. KuroBara's roommate was the Nuriko though! And if you spotted a 6ft tall Vicious (Bebop) and/or a Tamahome running around, they were with us too.

animeandska
02-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Yeah I went last year and don't complain about walking! Its good for you! I got lost so many times at Stony Brook!!! So yeah a map would be helpful, unlike last years map- either way I can't wait curse these 2 months! Oh well yeah Wolfwood, first time cosplay. By the way uhhhh- where woul i cosplay at I-con i think they said off campus- but thats a tad late- help me -_-'

KaineMaxwell
02-08-2003, 05:51 PM
I definitly can't wait to hopefully go and meet you guys!

KuroBara
02-13-2003, 08:34 AM
For anyone interested, at the meeting on Tuesday DDR and Yu-gi-oh tournaments were announced. Keep an eye on the website to find out more, it supposed to be updated soon.

Mibuzen
02-20-2003, 10:45 AM
I'll be there all three days. I'm going to be Mikagami Tokiya from Flame of Recca on saturday and Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho on friday and sunday. Note: My cosplaying schedule may varied but if anyone sees someone with a bloody white suit or a whip either beat me up or ask a dominatrix to borrow my whip.

Caryn
02-23-2003, 01:06 PM
*cries* I would really love to go, but I won't have my costume done by then ;.;

But all you ppl who get to go, I hope you have lotsa fun! ^^

animeandska
02-23-2003, 03:22 PM
I-con I-con I-con! only a bit more than a month! And my cosplay outfit is done- so I'm ready I just don't know when to wear it, damn cross is 5 feet long also. *looks at I-con fund*And I need to start saving too -_-'

KaineMaxwell
02-23-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm likely gonna be there on Saturday. maybe early next month I'll make a new I-Con topic so we can see who is going and where groups can meet up and whatnot.

KuroBara
02-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Caryn, you don't need a costume to go, or meet up with other cosplay.com people. *looks at her materials for Mai* I've gotta get started!

animeandska
02-23-2003, 04:31 PM
yeah new topic for i-con- *crosses off day on calender* either way some questions- Would i just walk around campus with cosplay outfit on? I mean where would i go with the cosplay and when is best to travel with cosplay?

SailorMo
02-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by animeandska
yeah new topic for i-con- *crosses off day on calender* either way some questions- Would i just walk around campus with cosplay outfit on? I mean where would i go with the cosplay and when is best to travel with cosplay?

Eh?? Not quite clear on what you're asking.... But if you're wondering when to wear costumes-- all day, all 3 days if it floats your boat. They're having a (rather informal, IMO) cosplay, probably sometime on saturday afternoon and then they have the general masquerade (all genres) saturday night.

But be forewarned:

ICON isn't really a good cosplay con, that is, unless you're in the dealer's room all day... Everything is all over the campus and it seems to be the windiest place on earth too... You need a coat. Or at least a warm costume. Heh, that's probably why ren garb is so prevalent-- throw on a cloak, and you're still in costume!

Don't get me wrong, it needs more cosplayers, that's for sure, but be aware of the cons-- It will be cold, and probably rainy. (It's in March, after all..) You have to walk from building to building (ie. be outside a whole lot). There's no place to dump your coat. And it's a LONG walk from the parking lot!

Just my experience. I'd rather be warm. ^_^

animeandska
02-23-2003, 05:34 PM
Oh yeah i was there last year- but i guess your correct- it did have a thunder storm maybe I will wear it on friday- I'm planning to spend most of my time in the dealer room- okey dok thanks a bunch-

KaineMaxwell
02-23-2003, 05:37 PM
I likely won't cosplay due to lack of time or cash (and weather). Heck, hope my tax return money comes in by then!

KuroBara
02-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Last year I changed in the ladies room and the parking lot, there's no place to store your stuff. The weather sucked, I couldn't walk outside on Friday because I was dressed as Sailor Neptune and didn't think it would handle the rain.

I agree with SailorMo, I-Con needs more cosplayers, and wear your costume all the time.

KaineMaxwell
02-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Well here's an idea:

Anyone who's been to I-Con before please tell us what it's like, how large is the college and if there's any maps of it posted at the I-Con site for us?

We can go from there methinks.

Neko
02-24-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
Well here's an idea:

Anyone who's been to I-Con before please tell us what it's like, how large is the college and if there's any maps of it posted at the I-Con site for us?

We can go from there methinks.

Here's a campus map of Stonybrook. Hope that helps.
http://www.stonybrook.edu/sb/map/

ICon doesn't appear to have a map on its website. I think its usually printed up in the program guide.

The place is huge, I tell ya, huge!

KuroBara
02-24-2003, 08:55 AM
You will learn that the map is useless ^_~

In square 4C is the Indoor Sports Complex, that's the first place to go, it's where you register, get autographs, and shop in the dealers room & art show. Some of the panels are in there too. Movie showings, lectures, and panels go on in the surrounding buildings. I think the furthest I've gone for a showing is the Engineering building and Javits Lecture Center. The most you'll probably have to walk is under 10 minutes, provided you don't get lost! If you can navigate from the ISC and the Student Activities Center, you'll be ok.

The student activities center has a bookstore, and food is available there, or at the snack bar at the indoor sports complex, or the grill on the field in front of the ISC.

Neko, do you attend SUNY SB?

animeandska
02-24-2003, 11:14 AM
The maps last year sucked. For me atleast, I got lost too many times- Especially on sunday, I wasn't travling with friends, when I wanted to see the ranma 1/2 marathon. It was at the electrical somethings building(i don't think there is such a building) Hopfully this year I won't get as lost.

Neko
02-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by KuroBara

Neko, do you attend SUNY SB?

No, but I have friends who did and I've been there for computer shows. The spread-out-all-over-creation is the main reason I have never been nor plan to go to an ICON.

I think its a universal law that college campus maps must be mostly useless.

CelesDragon
02-25-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by animeandska
The maps last year sucked. For me atleast, I got lost too many times- Especially on sunday, I wasn't travling with friends, when I wanted to see the ranma 1/2 marathon. It was at the electrical somethings building(i don't think there is such a building) Hopfully this year I won't get as lost.

You mean Light Engineering? :)

As of right now for this year's con, I-con is spread out in 5 building in the campus, possibly six. Not bad considering previous years. Main events like the charity auction, signings, dealer's room and registration are all in the Indoor Sports Complex, as always. When in doubt, always go there. The info booth will be there as well. Comics and writers for the most part will be in the Physics building, across the green from the Sports Complex. It has a giant "Physics" written on it in plain view. :) Major talks and showing will be in Javits, square 5D on that map. Light Engineering is being used, but only for Saturday events at this time. And there is talk about using the Student Union (square 4D) for some panels.

The newsletter was just sent out about two weeks ago, with a list of guests, vendors, and such. There should be an email newsletter coming out in the next two weeks with an updated Guest list as well. :) BIG names being added in the next few weeks.

KaineMaxwell
02-26-2003, 06:40 AM
I gotta sign up for the newsletter then later.

Uh, where do you sign up for the newsletter at?

KaineMaxwell
03-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Ok guys, it's March, time to offically see who's going and what days to I-Con so we can try to know where to find one another!

Where oyu sign up for the newsletter?

Ok, here's the topic for those going to, or ocnsidering going to I-Con- the big sci-fi con on Long Island at the end of March.

Membership rates for I-CON 22 is as follows:
Mail In (until 01/01/03):

Adult $28 (3-day)
Student $18 (3-day)
Child $9 (3-day)

Mail In (until 03/10/03):
Adult $35 (3-day)
Student $25 (3-day)
Child $9 (3-day)

Stores (until 03/22/03):
Adult $35 (3-day)
Student $25 (3-day)
Child $9 (3-day)
Friday, 3/28 $20
Saturday, 3/29 $33
Sunday, 3/30 $26

At the door:
Adult $40 (3-day)
Student $32 (3-day)
Child $10 (3-day)
Friday, 3/28 $20
Saturday, 3/29 $33
Sunday, 3/30 $26

CelesDragon
03-02-2003, 06:55 PM
*hits head* They moved the link off the main page with the new revamp.

http://www.iconsf.org/history/about.html

and go down the page, it's under "Sign up for I-CON's newsletters: The Inside Track and the Con-Link ".

animeandska
03-02-2003, 07:29 PM
I bought my ticket eons ago! Well, not eons. But when you could litterally WALK to the place in 10 minutes- I feel so special- so yeah, I am offically going,hope to see you there :)

KaineMaxwell
03-02-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by CelesDragon
*hits head* They moved the link off the main page with the new revamp.

http://www.iconsf.org/history/about.html

and go down the page, it's under "Sign up for I-CON's newsletters: The Inside Track and the Con-Link ".
I keep getting a "page not found" error...I'll try later.

Prince_Bejita
03-03-2003, 01:32 PM
hey kaine, didn't you mean 3/10/03? thats what my pre-registration sheet says.

ChibiLikun
03-03-2003, 01:47 PM
I will hopefully be there friday, and go only saturday and then go home that night...

I may go normal....

unless Usagi(Sailor Moon), wishes to let me borrow Helios.

Shima-Mizu
03-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Hey guys! I've been going to I-con for the past 3 years, making this my forth year attending, so I can deffinitly answer hoards of questions. The campus is huge the first time you're there, but after you get used to it, it's not all that different from every other college campus. Just make sure you learn how to get to Javitz Center and back well before it gets dark, as if you don't know how, you can easily get lost. The Javitz Center is where a LOT of the anime programming takes place. Found out that the hard way my first year, but at least I was lost in a group of people! I can now find my way there and back blindfolded- but that's just because I've been going so long and it's easy once you remember "straight from the sports complex, turn left at the food court, turn right at the library where the pretty grass / path thing is" really not that hard when you realize that's all there is too it...but it's quite hard when you've never been there before.

I'll be cosplaying as Kaoru from Kenshin this year- I've already got my costume, if you care to see I have it on my anime club's site at http://ramen.netfirms.com/catkaoru.htm . Oh! And you all should attend the "How to Start an Anime Club" panel, I'm a participant on the panel, as in I'll be sitting up there with the other people helping to present / answer questions :) .

For those of you who have been going for a while- last year I was a vampirish type character, I wore a red and black medieval type dress. The year before that I was cosplaying as Cathrine Bloom from Gundam Wing (her green circus outfit) and the year before that was my first time ever going to any con, so I just went as myself lol.

Hm...what else can I say? The dealers room is amazing, half of it will have stuff for sale, the other half will be a stage for guests to speak on and for the art exhibit. The Cell painting and dubbing workshops are my favorite workshops personally, hopefully they will be having both of those again, don't miss out on it, it's great.

We all should meet together while we're there! Anyone care to swap cell phone numbers or decide on a general cosplay.com meeting area? I'll be bringing my digital camera with me, so I'll be sure to take the picture of anyone willing to meet up with me for here. I'm attending all 3 days, so whenever is good for you guys, I can meet up with people on more than just one day.

KaineMaxwell
03-03-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm so gonna try to get there! Shima, if you wanna talk more aobut this on AIM, we can.

CelesDragon
03-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Shima-Mizu, you and I have been going for the same amount of time, it looks like, lol. Actually, the anime programming has been halved between Light Engineering and Javits, so make sure you know where both of those building are this time. ^_~ I think I remember you when you were from Gundam Wing. There wasn't that many anime cosplayers around yet to get them confused.

And the stage for the guests, to my knowledge, is moved to where it was last year, in the side gym. They expanded the art show into the whole area beside the dealer's room. And there is a cosplay contest on saturday night, like last year, or so it is scheduled so far. That may be the best time to have a photo get-together, since most everyone will be there anyway.

OH! and as of right now, Spirited Away will be showing at I-con for FREE. No word on if it's the dubbed or subbed version, but it WILL be showing at I-con before its commercial release onto dvd or vid. So if you didn't get to see it before, swing on by the auditorium where it's playing.

Shima-Mizu
03-03-2003, 09:10 PM
Very awesome, I'm deffinitly going to see that, wouldn't miss it.

Ah, I know which side gym you refer to, that's cool that they have expanded the art show. And yeah I know that anime isn't soley based in Javits, just in past years that is where the majority of anime programming is held.

If you care to refresh your memory my cathring bloom costume is in my gallery / costume section on this site. (and also on cosplaylab.com if you search for the user "ShimaMizu")

Have you cosplayed as anything I might remember?

KaineMaxwell
03-03-2003, 09:20 PM
OOOO! i gotta go see that then! Thanks Celes!

Celes and Shima, I so appericate this help. :)

CelesDragon
03-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Mm.. lesse. I didn't cosplay my first two years, was too busy volunteering. Last year, I was Rinoa for saturday, I recycled my old one from Otakon from the previous year. That day I didn't leave the sports complex though much, but you might have seen me either upstairs on the track with Billy Boyd when he was signing autographs or with the Babylon 5 crew. I was also hanging out alot with a Tamahome, Miaka, and Vicious around the registration areas. I don't think I'm cosplaying this year due to lack of time though. I have midterms right up until I-con, so I have no time to finish any of my cosplays for this year.

No problem kaine. I'm waiting for tomorrow's meeting to see if I can finally make a big announcement about guests though.

- Shima, cosplay.com says that you can't accept pm messages for some reason, or I'd respond -

Shima-Mizu
03-03-2003, 10:59 PM
It should work now, I think I know what caused it, try again.

KuroBara
03-03-2003, 11:57 PM
Hi Shima, I think I remember you as Catherine Bloom. Last year I went as Sailor Neptune, Suzaku no Miko, and Narusegawa Naru. I was going for 2 new costumes this year, but I may narrow it down to 1 and wear my Mirielle Bouquet again. I work with Celes Dragon, and we won't know schedules until the week before, so maybe we can talk about a meeting a little closer to the event? Plus, I'm sure other things will pop up that we want to work around.

KaineMaxwell
03-04-2003, 06:17 AM
The newsletter page is still down..hm...

Oshi
03-04-2003, 02:50 PM
I'll be there Saturday with my friend Zack... he's dying to see John Carmack in person, big Doom fan and all ^^;;
I dunno if I'm gonna cosplay... If I do, it'll be Black Mage...

Damn, what a big campus =o

TyJILDown
03-04-2003, 07:18 PM
No cosplay for me this time around, I'll be attending on Saturday with a few people though ^^

KaineMaxwell
03-04-2003, 08:02 PM
I do hope I can finally meet some of y'all once I do get up there. ^^

Shima-Mizu
03-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Yay oshi's going

I've probably seen you Kuro...I'll be able to tell when we meet up at the con, I'll know if I recognize you right away or not. ^_^ I wouldn't doubt that I'll recognize you.

KaineMaxwell
03-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Well love to meet you guys. Once we all can finalize our plans we can arrange a meeting spot?

Maryssa
03-05-2003, 10:25 PM
I'm helping arrange a DDR tournament there if anyone is interested =p

Oshi
03-06-2003, 03:00 AM
....I'M GAME!!! =D

animeandska
03-06-2003, 11:45 AM
i suck at ddr -_-'

KuroBara
03-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Lol, I played DDR before my physics test today. I'm not sure that it helped, but it was relaxing. I'm not sure about participating in the tournament, but I'll play a few games.

Shima-Mizu
03-07-2003, 12:04 AM
i'm not that great at DDR but I love it and will play anyway

CelesDragon
03-09-2003, 06:14 PM
http://www.debu-hamu.com/cosplay22/

Your official I-con 22 cosplay contest entry form.

animeandska
03-09-2003, 06:17 PM
*finshes cosplay outfit- sits and waits 3 more weeks*

KaineMaxwell
03-09-2003, 06:24 PM
My coming this yr kinda depends on cash and if my other friend's going too...I SO hope so.

CelesDragon
03-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know:

1. Weapons Policy this year. NO guns, not even if it's obvious they're fake. The Stonybrook PD is not taking any chances. Swords and other weapons must be peace-bonded, and in plain sight. Only costumers are allowed to carry them around, so if you buy one, it must be immediately removed to a vehicle or off campus. The PD will stop and confiscate any weapons that are not part of a costume or not peace-bonded.

Volunteering: You have to bring a photo ID this year if you want to volunteer.

PreReg: has been extended to the 17th of this month. Have fun!

TheAnarCHris
03-12-2003, 08:04 AM
1. Weapons Policy this year. NO guns, not even if it's obvious they're fake. The Stonybrook PD is not taking any chances. Swords and other weapons must be peace-bonded, and in plain sight. Only costumers are allowed to carry them around, so if you buy one, it must be immediately removed to a vehicle or off campus. The PD will stop and confiscate any weapons that are not part of a costume or not peace-bonded.

How the hell am I gonna peacebond a gunblade?!?! O/o

KaineMaxwell
03-12-2003, 08:06 AM
Wow..talk about saftey precautions...

KuroBara
03-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Lol Starwind, as long as it's not a sharp blade, I think it'll pass. Make sure you take it to the events booth as soon as you get there and clear it with them though. Quote "T-shirt, Jeans, and a sword, that's not a costume!"

I joked about cosplaying Roronoa Zoro, how would they peacebond a sword to your mouth?

Security is really being anal, so if you want to volunteer, a photocopy of your photo ID is even better than just your photo id.

TheAnarCHris
03-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Lol Starwind, as long as it's not a sharp blade, I think it'll pass. Make sure you take it to the events booth as soon as you get there and clear it with them though. Quote "T-shirt, Jeans, and a sword, that's not a costume!"

Well it's wooden so it cant do that much damage...I assume.....and yeah if i go I'll be wearing my Leon-Squall costume to go with El stabbio.

I joked about cosplaying Roronoa Zoro, how would they peacebond a sword to your mouth?

Ur One Piece reference is both amusing and appreicated for the record. ^/^=

animeandska
03-12-2003, 02:01 PM
I hope they don't convisate my cross saying I am going to start a religious riot -_-'

CelesDragon
03-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Starwind824
Well it's wooden so it cant do that much damage...I assume.....and yeah if i go I'll be wearing my Leon-Squall costume to go with El stabbio.

Its a new guy running the security, and he's being beyond anal about some of the policies. It's a running joke that his name is Lt. Sluoghter.. I always wanna call it Lt. Slaughter. But anyway, they are having more meetings about it, cause noone is happy with all these restrictions, so some of it may be repealed. Right now, the policy stands as this:
http://www.iconsf.org/inforule.htm#WEAPONS

The no costuming guns got everyone upset, and I quote "Did anyone tell the stormtroopers?". But honestly, a gunblade and most prop weapons should be able to pass through, long as they aren't made of almost all metal or are sharp. I think that's the key thing they are watching for. If in doubt, go to the desks in the front of the gym and ask. Personally, I wanna know how it's possible to peacebond a wooden sword or even a staff at this rate. *shakes head*

KaineMaxwell
03-13-2003, 06:55 AM
Why bother giving a stormtrooper a gun anyhow, they can't hit anything!

TheAnarCHris
03-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Why bother giving a stormtrooper a gun anyhow, they can't hit anything!

(opens crate of dead Jawas)

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are that prec...OH MAN THAT REEKS!!!!

KaineMaxwell
03-13-2003, 09:32 AM
*Watches a Jawa steal Tom Servo*
(Troops reference)

Chibi-Lisa
03-13-2003, 10:42 AM
::Stumbles across this Post board:: Whoa! Alotta people are coming to the I-Con, hopefully I'll make it because change of plans. And I won't feel stupid because I thought I was only gonna be the only one Cosplaying, but I feel better. ^^

TheAnarCHris
03-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Watches a Jawa steal Tom Servo*
(Troops reference)

ROFL!!! "Troops" rocked my socks!

KaineMaxwell
03-13-2003, 04:06 PM
I might not be going afterall. :(

animeandska
03-13-2003, 04:09 PM
I remember those 4 storm troopers last year- I wonder if they bought or made that-

KuroBara
03-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi Chibi-Lisa, join the I-Con goodness!

The Storm Troopers are cool, I think they're costumes are from some sort of a guild.

Chibi-Lisa
03-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Lol I'm a newbie and it will be my first ICon ^^ (lol, I heard about it cause my brother goes to Stony Brook, so at least I know how to get there ^^).

TheAnarCHris
03-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Yeah i think im gonna have to pull out of going this year, due to the fact that i might have to work all day that saturday (but as a roadie so yay). Any one here going to the other NY cons this year (SJC, BaaF, AN)?

animeandska
03-14-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm going SJC and maybe AN- i got to go

TyJILDown
03-14-2003, 08:02 PM
I'll be at BAAF & AN. NOt sure about Shoujo yet...

As for I-Con, my college I'm attending in the fall is having a Preview Day the same day as I-con so I don't know when it will end...I may go to I-con late or not attend at all.

KaineMaxwell
03-18-2003, 02:58 PM
I can't make it..I'm really bummed.. :(

animeandska
03-18-2003, 06:22 PM
that sucks alot- I hope there are atleast a good amount of people coming from the cosplay forums...

KaineMaxwell
03-19-2003, 06:42 AM
Well I feel bad enough as it is for not going, I set up this thread, got excited and really wanted to finally meet some other cosplay.com'ers..

TsubasaNoKami
03-19-2003, 03:06 PM
IM GOIN TO ICON!!!!!!!! ^^ I hope to see you guys there! PM me and like...tell me where ya gunna be..I wanna meet SOMEONE new! ^^ Ima be Rinoa! ~_^

KaineMaxwell
03-19-2003, 03:11 PM
The guy who draws Sluggy Freelance is gonna be at I-Con also!

Ginger Catgirl
03-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Maybe I'll be able to go... it's such short notice that my mom might object... but I live in Randolph and Stony Brook's not too far away (not in another state at least). If I can go I'll either wear some fantasy getup or my ChibiChibi outfit =^..^=. The only problem is I might not be able to get a friend to go with me... but I really hope I can go it sounds fun!!!

Ginny
03-21-2003, 12:35 PM
I'll be there. I was just told by my boyfriend that I'm going O.o

I took a look at the website, and was very not thrilled. But I guess as long as there are other people there, it should be fun... right? >___<

Ginger Catgirl
03-21-2003, 01:26 PM
getting closer... I possibly have a ride now so my mom doesn't have to drive... now just to convince her that I will get all my homework done on Friday night....

Oshi
03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Ginger Catgirl
I live in Randolph and Stony Brook's not too far away (not in another state at least) Yes it is ^^;; It's in Stony Brook on Long Island... New York... yeah ^^;
I think it's about a 2 hour drive from Randolph... I remember calculating it if I pick up Lady Ava...

Ginger Catgirl
03-22-2003, 11:21 AM
ok whatever .... ha... I can go though!!! Yippee!!!!!!! Yeah I go to school with Lady Ava. Anyways. I'm deciding whether to do a fantasy getup or my ChibiChibi costume....

KaineMaxwell
03-22-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm really sorry I won't be able to make it to I-Con after all this planning and creating this thread and all.. :(

Other regret is not meeting most y'all.

Prince_Bejita
03-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Wow, it's awfully stinky that some of you cannot go. I haven't had time to read a lot of these posts and now there are so many pages I don't have the time to catch up. This is going to by my first I-Con and I'm cosplaying as Vegita from DBZ. The few people that I personally know that were going to cosplay no longer are going to due to lack of money and time (like some of you) and one person who's costume came out too small. I know that I-Con isn't really the biggest cosplay convention but I hope to see a lot of costumes and meet those who are wearing them, maybe it'll even be one of you! We'll, good luck to those who are still working on your costumes if any and I hope that all the cosplayers there will have a kick @$$ time. I know I will.

Chibi-Lisa
03-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Vegeta is awesume ^^ I can't wait to show off my Newly improved Shana costume =D

animeandska
03-22-2003, 09:34 PM
*does the less than a week *kinda* dance left till i-con*

Oshi
03-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Ginger Catgirl
ok whatever .... ha... I can go though!!! Yippee!!!!!!! Yeah I go to school with Lady Ava. Anyways. I'm deciding whether to do a fantasy getup or my ChibiChibi costume.... Yeah, I'm Lady Ava's boyfriend ^^;; And sheee still needs to ask her parents about it...
If monday rolls around and she still hasn't, nag her for me ;D

Chibi-Lisa
03-22-2003, 10:00 PM
*_* I loove Chibi Chibi!! I need to find pics of when I did her Hair!! It came out *_* PURFECT!!!
I was her for Halloween when I was 13, but your costume is WAY better (I just had a jumper).
Oh, and hence the name, "Chibi" Lisa ^^

KaineMaxwell
03-23-2003, 07:27 AM
Do pocky bribes work?

Chibi-Lisa
03-23-2003, 11:47 PM
Oh God, now I might not go to the ICON, the unexcetped happened and I lost my ride to Stony Brook. (My brother got robbed while he was home from college and now he told me he's coming home friday night to file a report. ;_; And my Shana costume was just coming out good. v_v I just need a ride there on Saturday you lucky cosplayers)

MargauxZ
03-24-2003, 03:51 AM
Yeaaa! Ranma 1/2 marathon is good...Richard Ian Cox is going to be there! My babykins!

Maybe I won't cosplay though, I don't think he'll "get" my girl-type Inuyasha costume. I want to see him again as "me."

Yeaaah! SUNY students rock the house!

(Does anyone know if non Stonybrook SUNY students get the discount?)

Ginger Catgirl
03-24-2003, 03:04 PM
dammit, you live kinda far away for me to pick you up... :( sorry! Ya my mom would probably be like NO anyways.

TsubasaNoKami
03-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Im gunna be there as Rinoa...wolfwood and that Leon dude know that ^^

animeandska
03-24-2003, 07:57 PM
I remeber watching Ranma 1/2 marathon last year- and ranma dubbing- funniness *imagine himself in dark room on sunday last year watching ranma 1/2 3 hours straight* ah the good ol' times....

CelesDragon
03-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by MargauxZ

(Does anyone know if non Stonybrook SUNY students get the discount?)

Long as you have a valid student ID from any school, public/private, elementary to college, you get the student discount.

Chibi-Lisa
03-24-2003, 08:17 PM
.......>Whoa! REALLY?? Well, I DO know that Stony Brook Students get a discount ^^
::Whips out School ID (That I look bad in =P)::

TheAnarCHris
03-24-2003, 08:53 PM
For the record, I'm that Leon dude...but only at night, during the day, I'm a reporter for the Daily Bugle.

MargauxZ
03-24-2003, 10:56 PM
Are you still for rent?

Oshi
03-24-2003, 11:18 PM
*whips out his Widener University ID... that he also looks like shit in* YES! =D

TheAnarCHris
03-25-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MargauxZ
Are you still for rent?

What 'choo talking obut Margz?

animeandska
03-25-2003, 05:24 PM
*psssst* shes thinks you're cute :-P

MargauxZ
03-25-2003, 05:42 PM
$2 an hour, right?

Wow, nevermind.

XD

MrWonderfulToji
03-26-2003, 12:03 AM
myself and a few friends might be going to I-kon
but the registration is kinda high for one day...
If I go, Ill be working the Seto Kaiba (battle city)
seeya there maybe.
sean

TheAnarCHris
03-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Lol oh my rent-a-Squall services!!!!

Well it's now rent-a-Leon (Though Rent-a-Jerk has crossed my mind as well), but yeah I should be providing protection once again this summer againist the Heartless, Socereress, Fanboys or whatever I can reach with my new gunblade...unforunately the whole making out aspect has been dropped, Carrie wouldn't like that too much ^/^;.

animeandska
03-26-2003, 02:46 PM
is that how you get your money? 3 full days left till I-con!!!! So little time- once a year excitiment!!! about 20 people i know from school are going so it will be nice!

Oshi
03-26-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm officially not goin' to I-Con. Can't afford it, and everyone who I wanted to hang out with, cept Chris, has dropped out. *shrug*

KuroBara
03-26-2003, 05:38 PM
That's too bad Oshi.

Ok, how about one more check-in for everyone who is going? Is Saturday post-cosplay a good meeting time for everyone? And, are we doing the orange dot on the badge identifier? (I'm just full of questions tonight!)

animeandska
03-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Yeah im going? Orange dot? I MAY be the only guy with a giant cross- there isn't much cosplay at i-con...

KaineMaxwell
03-26-2003, 06:10 PM
Bummer Oshi.

Prince_Bejita
03-26-2003, 06:16 PM
Yey! My costume is officially done! And just in time too. Now KuroBara, what are you talking about, orange dot?

Carrot Glace
03-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, who's taking part in the cosplay and/or anime karaoke on saturday?

I'm definately in the cosplay, and I hope to take part in the karaoke if it's not taking place at the same time.

Prince_Bejita
03-26-2003, 11:07 PM
i'm in the cosplay but not the karaoke. I can sing but uh, I don't want to :-p

Oshidori
03-26-2003, 11:47 PM
talk about joining a thread uber last minute...

hey, i think i'm goin since AB is bust :: weeps for Kirby::

are there walk-ons for the cosplay? or just skits?

can i even be asking this, or is the cosplay already filled up?

I wanna do karaoke, since it'll be a smaller group and i won't feel like such a dweeb. Someone will have to get me drunk though, karaoke just doesn't feel right sober...

luckily, my brother-in-law goes to Stony. I gotta make sure he doesn't make plans for this weekend though, so i can use his dorm as a changeroom!

KuroBara
03-27-2003, 08:07 AM
You'll be able to walk in, just double-check when you get there Oshidori. I-Con's cosplay is pretty small.
This is the orange dot thread:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8886&perpage=15&highlight=identifier&pagenumber=1

It's totally optional, since there's so few cosplayers there, we can probably just introduce ourselves as we see each other.

SailorMo
03-27-2003, 09:49 PM
Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to bail... a financial typhoon just hit me in the face.. x_x That and being officially unemployed doesn't help either...

BLAH

Chibi-Lisa
03-28-2003, 09:48 AM
ERG!!! All you people, I can go, I have the ride and the time!!! I have SOOOo much Money!! I can probly pay for all of yous!!!! BUUUUUUT I have no ride ;_;!! DAMN YOU ALL!! (Erg, I'm just a little frustrated).

Ginger Catgirl
03-29-2003, 07:28 AM
not being elven queen... just a random elf....

MrWonderfulToji
03-29-2003, 08:00 PM
I went, and i had a fantastic time!! I cosplayed Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! *Tall guy in a white coat with red inside*
We did an improv cosplay and my group wound up winning! It was really great! I met some awesome people, like IC Entertainment, miss Edea *Whom I met at last otakon, and referred her here! Private Message me when you get on!*, a very well done Cid, and a host of other cool people.
Im kind of still on kon-high, so this sounds like a rambling post, sorry! but I had a great time, and just wanted to thank everyone there for being so cool!
sean

KaineMaxwell
03-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Glad you guys had a good time!

animeandska
03-29-2003, 10:59 PM
That was great cosplay man!!!!! I was wolfwood- I wonder if that wasn't obvious- tomorrow(sunday) I won't be in outfit- the cross is broken and the suit smells- But i met alot of people- and had my picture taken alot

Prince_Bejita
03-30-2003, 12:10 AM
well its 1:09 and i just got back from the Con. My legs hurt...A LOT. Stupid Shuffle option made me lose the DDR tournament.....Met a lot o' you people (I was Bejita, as if you couldn't tell). I just feel so happy being around people that think and act like I do! I wish that I had been to more conventions prior to this. Oh, btw, not cosplaying tomorrow......too tired.......need.......pie........................ .....GLkJELKH E OKAY! I sure do hope I meet even more people tomorrow! I just wish the 3rd marking period didn't end this thursday.....i have a lot of schoolwork to make up.....damn it.........

KuroBara
03-30-2003, 11:23 PM
>I went, and i had a fantastic time!! I cosplayed Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! *Tall guy in a white coat with red inside*

Hey, you guys rocked! I loved Change of Heart. psst...I was Mai. It was nice meeting all of you, I took a lot of pics and will post them up later.

Oshidori
03-31-2003, 01:03 AM
awww...i couldn't go cuz i totally forgot it was one of my friend's 21st birthday! (which i actually ended up having to plan). I really wish i could have gone to see Dick Cox though!! ::weeps::

CelesDragon
03-31-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by MrWonderfulToji
I went, and i had a fantastic time!! I cosplayed Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh! *Tall guy in a white coat with red inside*
We did an improv cosplay and my group wound up winning! It was really great!

You guys were so freaking great! I can't believe that was all ad libbed! I only grabbed a handful of pics, but I'm hoping they turned out ok.

MrWonderfulToji
03-31-2003, 06:22 PM
wow! I'm glad you guys liked it! Theres nothing quite like the feeling you get from doing a cosplay skit! Especially when everyone laughs and really digs it.
heres some cosplay pics put up by the site...
http://www.debu-hamu.com/cosplay22/
obligitory egotistical link to my own group...
http://www.debu-hamu.com/cosplay22/images/23.jpg

well it was definately fun! but back to humdrum college life..
until anime boston that is.
sean

BTW- HI MAI! hehe sorry we didn't include you in our cosplay, but as long as you enjoyed it, then my mission was accomplished! and thanks a lot celesdragon and animeandska
1) celesdragon, would you mind terribly emailing or posting any pics you got of our group? I didn't have a camera so I'm limited to the stuff on the i con website.
2) awesome costume animeandska! that was a very serious cross punisher!

hope to see you guys at other kons! anyone going to anime boston or otakon? those are my next two.

Chibi-Lisa
03-31-2003, 07:44 PM
This is SOOO unfair, you lucky people who went. This is like the time I didn't make it to the AniNext

KuroBara
03-31-2003, 11:30 PM
Ok, my photos are up here:
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=3493&ppuser=622&papass=&thumb=1
Chances are, if you stopped by the Anime Pavillion table, you're there.

These are cropped and resized, pm me if you want the full versions of any.

Oh, there's also a long entry about the con in my journal (link in sig).

Aah, thanks MrWonderfulToji, but I wouldn't have felt right perfoming with you, Mai is only about 75% done! For Otakon I'm going to make the vest and duel disk.

MrWonderfulToji
04-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Awesome pics!
and agreed that the yuna tidus cosplay was possibly the cutest thing ever..
Our group was lacking some of the mains.. I kind of wanted our "Flaming" Swordsman to be joey, cause I kind of wanted to have joey and tristan hang around, but *shrug* it happens! With any luck we'll have a complete group by otakon, if we do, youll have to swing on by for a photo shoot. Our Tea and Tristan and if my friend gets himself in gear, well even have an espa roba or weevil... maybe I'll even try to get a black shirt and black pants so my costume doesn't look like poo...
also, excellent picture of Edea *im a big fanboy of the girl who cosplayer her :thumbsup: * not a stalker! I swear!
sean

Maryssa
04-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Yay flaming swordsman!

And yes. Tidus and Yuna were -the- most precious thing ever.

Great job with all the skits; however, a TIME LIMIT for skits is most definitely in order for next year. I think most of the skits could have been jsut as effective shaved down to 2 or even 3 minutes.

oh yeah I was belldandy at the IC-Entertainment table ^^

KuroBara
04-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Thanks!

Maryssa, your costume was beautiful!

Sean ~ My group so far has a Mai (der), Seto Kaiba, Yami Yugi, Bakura (squee!), Black Magician Girl (CelesDragon), Dark Elf, Isis Ishtal (a different one from the pic, and her battle city outfit), and a Bandit Keith / Obelisk, he hasn't decided yet. I'm encouraging Obelisk! All of these are Battle City outfits, except Bandit Keith who would be Duelist Island. Lol, an Esper Roba would be so cute. I'd love to meet up with your group for photos!

MrWonderfulToji
04-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Kuro Bara- Wow, your group kind of kicks the poo out of my group! Imagine how cool a massive Yu-Gi-Oh! groupshot would look... that would be awesome. maybe we could even hold a mini Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplayers tourney... our own little duelist kingdom or something! Or I haven't slept in two days... one or the other.

Maryssa- Your costume was awesome!!! Sorry I called it a Rabi-En-Rose... I was kind of out of it.... Regardless though, VERY well made costume, and you looked great in it! The IC-ent table was awesome, I hung out there with you guys for a while! Probably long enough to bother all of them and to lose my ride.. I had to scour the dealers room for Dark Magician Girl afterward.. but forutnately her staff is large enough that I saw it from a distance
:D

what a rambling post. I seriously need to sleep. sorry if this doesn't make much sense!
sean