PDA

View Full Version : AOD Anticipation

Shibura Tsubasa
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
So... Maybe Im just crazy, but who is excited for AOD? ^_^;;

Four days you guys! I can...count that one one hand!(Good job , go me-_-;; )

Im so excited, I havent been to a con since Ani-Magic, so this is the kickoff for my list of cons this year! Im stocking up on glowsticks, I keep gawking at my costumes, Im listenning to more anime music than ever, and dreaming about skits @_@;; Oh man I think I have it bad... Im excited though!! =]

Anyone have the butterflies/excited as hell that AOD is this Friday?

*chu*

Michi
03-01-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm not anymore. ._.;;; I was all excited, but then I learned that since I planned to go so soon before the event I don't have anything to wear. I also don't really have that much money, so I think I can only afford a day. Oh well. I'll still be happy to see people I guess. ^_^;

Dany
03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I'll be there Saturday for sure, Sunday is...eh, mebbee. We shall see.

I'd LIKE to be there Sunday, but cash is a bit stingy at the moment.

Hanyaan
03-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm excited, yes, but my loli needs lots of work still, not to mention the vast amounts of cookies I'm making. (Look for me on Friday, I'll be handing out cookies to cosplayers! ^_^)

KittyCatChi
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm really excited because this is my 3rd con. and the second one i've been to besides Fanime ^_^ i can only attend for a day but i'm going to have a blast XD just hope i don't get glomped to death before the day is done o.o

Ayumi
03-01-2005, 09:14 PM
(Its Shibura Tsubasa.... account failure, had to make new account)

Im glad to hear people are excited like me ^_^ hehe Michi no worries Im sure something uber awesome will turn up that will make you smile from ear to ear and make you go "wheeee how cool" ^^

Kitty: Cool stuff. Im pretty new at cons/cosplay but since Anime Overdose is offically my one year anni for convention~ing, Im very excited. I may have spent a bit too much money on this one, but it will make up for it when Fanime rolls around, I can basically walk there :3

Faery:: I....luff.....cookies..... ::twitch:: If I see you, Ill bring a special Portuguese cookie for you. They are so yummy ;_; Friday huh? ^_^ Look for a blue ninja (Kasumi)

Cookies own me.

Eurobeat King
03-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Ayumi: What happened to your ShiburaT account? Does it still work? Anyway, I can't wait to see you on Friday so we can cosplay DOA together! :) My Jann Lee is 100% done and I'm just nervous about spiking my hair for him (and Inui) on both days.. :thumbsup:

I look forward to Thursday evening to check out the place and see whoever shows up.. See you in 2 or 3 days!!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Ayumi: You going to cosplay Ayane? Kickass! I hope to see you at the con hehehe :D

OniCourseMusha
03-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Does my random samurai outfit count?

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo ready to go!

Hanyaan
03-02-2005, 12:55 AM
(Its Shibura Tsubasa.... account failure, had to make new account)

Im glad to hear people are excited like me ^_^ hehe Michi no worries Im sure something uber awesome will turn up that will make you smile from ear to ear and make you go "wheeee how cool" ^^

Kitty: Cool stuff. Im pretty new at cons/cosplay but since Anime Overdose is offically my one year anni for convention~ing, Im very excited. I may have spent a bit too much money on this one, but it will make up for it when Fanime rolls around, I can basically walk there :3

Faery:: I....luff.....cookies..... ::twitch:: If I see you, Ill bring a special Portuguese cookie for you. They are so yummy ;_; Friday huh? ^_^ Look for a blue ninja (Kasumi)

Cookies own me.

Yep, cookies!. Friday, starting around 4:30, look for the Dub Sanji. You'll be able to tell me apart from any actual Sanji cosplayers because a) my costume sucks-on-purpose (it has sharpied-on pinstripes, yey!), b) I'll be constantly eating a Blow Pop lollipop, and c) I'll have mass amounts of snickerdoodles.

SPECIAL COOKIES MADE WITH LOTS OF LOOOOOOOOVE~! <3

OniCourseMusha
03-02-2005, 01:49 AM
U can find me lying around at the table wit my laptop. If u find me and hangout, let's make the convention more fun!

Shinsengumi
03-02-2005, 02:08 AM
Well I'm set and ready to go, over there I'll just be wondering around with my Shinsengumi costume a long with my friend OniCourseMusha.

Astro
03-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Anyone have the butterflies/excited as hell that AOD is this Friday?
I am!
I'm sooo~ Excited but wow! I really don't know if I have time to finish my AYA costume!

Raider3
03-02-2005, 03:33 AM
I'm excited, yes, but my loli needs lots of work still, not to mention the vast amounts of cookies I'm making. (Look for me on Friday, I'll be handing out cookies to cosplayers! ^_^)

Oooh, cookies... :) I'd do cheesecake for friends, but there's no time, since I'm locked into final preparations for costume fixing up, packing, and updating my shopping list, plus sleep. (I have a feeling I won't be getting too much over the weekend.) I'll be loaded up enough without having to worry about transporting an ice chest with me.

Don't work too hard with the cookie baking, and see you on Friday!

Astro
03-02-2005, 03:40 AM
Cookies! I wanted to make snake cookies as prizes for guessing my costume, but I had to go with little plastic snakes, as there's no time! (Plus I'd end up eating all my cookies because no one other than friends know who I am. XD)

Your Loli looks awesome so far, Diana! Can't wait to see it! (and damn, I wish I was your size. I'd so steal it for a day if you'd let me!)

I really need to start packing. I got smart enough to recharge the camera batteries TODAY, and this time I'm bringing atleast one charger with me to the con. Might bring my laptop, too, but i'm kind of paranoid about it... Plus having to transport it AND dollfies... My three boys and I volunteered to babysit for a friend. Ack. I'm so screwed. XD

windfae
03-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Yep, cookies!. Friday, starting around 4:30, look for the Dub Sanji. You'll be able to tell me apart from any actual Sanji cosplayers because a) my costume sucks-on-purpose (it has sharpied-on pinstripes, yey!), b) I'll be constantly eating a Blow Pop lollipop, and c) I'll have mass amounts of snickerdoodles.

SPECIAL COOKIES MADE WITH LOTS OF LOOOOOOOOVE~! <3

Cookies??!! Aww, too bad I'll only be there on Saturday. :)

I'm so excited, but I still have a lot to do for my Zelda costume so I'm a little frantic right now.

YuffieK
03-03-2005, 12:01 AM
D: no cookies for me, I'll only be there Saturday and Sunday ^_^';;

gahhh~! I can't wait!! Only 2 more days!! ^^ It's gonna be so much fun :D

but I can't finish my FFX Rikku costume ;-;. So I'm gonna be Kingdom Hearts Rikku! (the girl) ^^'; yay :3. I'll be her and probably Yura of the Hair if I can be ^^

Michi
03-03-2005, 12:07 AM

Ahaha! XD I did that at Otakon '03 and Anime Expo '04. :D Fun stuff. Yay cookies! I actually brought 60 to AX '04. x____x; Aiyaya.

OniCourseMusha
03-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Pass the cookies please

And don't forget the milk!

Ayumi
03-03-2005, 12:37 PM
snickerdoodles must taste awesome with milk o_o;; I feel like a lil kitten when drinking milk with cookies ::licks lips and grins:: hehe...

Tomorrow! Omgoddess... so close...random question... my con-hyperness will last for sure Friday and Saturday, but is there much going on Sunday?(I know usually last days are just for some cosplayers and maybe dealers room is seeling last bit stuff, and closing ceremonies) do y'all think its worth it?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-03-2005, 02:46 PM
snickerdoodles must taste awesome with milk o_o;; I feel like a lil kitten when drinking milk with cookies ::licks lips and grins:: hehe...

Tomorrow! Omgoddess... so close...random question... my con-hyperness will last for sure Friday and Saturday, but is there much going on Sunday?(I know usually last days are just for some cosplayers and maybe dealers room is seeling last bit stuff, and closing ceremonies) do y'all think its worth it?

For hanging out yes, and I guess that's it. I usually leave early on a sunday cause there's nothing much to do on a sunday, unless something big catches my eye.

K_Valentine
03-03-2005, 04:50 PM
One more day to AOD and my birthday (20 something this year). Definitely looking forward to it.

BART Boy
03-03-2005, 10:22 PM
i'm actually "VERY" nervous @__________________@

this is gonna be my first con as a dressed up person made from my very own 2 hands @___@ not only that...but i'm almost afraid to bring my signs ^^;;;;;;

I'm nervous cause of the following

AMV Contest, I entered an AMV not so long ago, costume expectations, MUNI is finally done, new sign, will it grab people's attention? @___@ and of course, what will people think of the original signs made and still memorable? @___@ I'm almost scared...and I'm quite serious ><

Hanyaan
03-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Dude, you're going to rock.

I'm exhausted...three more sheets of cookies left, I think...I lost count of how many cookies I made after about 64. >_0 But I'll probably have almost 100 cookies.

And sorry guys, but Ed cosplayer perogative says NO MILK FOR YOU! (unless you find your own...) Heh, I actually don't like milk, and it wouldn't be a good idea to have milk out for several hours and then give it to people.

Chas
03-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Ahahaha, I'm looking forward to it too. Though none of my local friends could make it - I'm going it solo for the sake of seeing Psycho le Cemu again, because they're fun to watch. So it should be an interesting experience and hopefully I'll meet some nice people to pass the time with! XD

Michi
03-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Ahahaha, I'm looking forward to it too. Though none of my local friends could make it - I'm going it solo for the sake of seeing Psycho le Cemu again, because they're fun to watch. So it should be an interesting experience and hopefully I'll meet some nice people to pass the time with! XD

*clings to you* I'll probably only be there on Saturday but I'll keep you company for sure, niichan. ^___^ I'm sorry I wasn't able to talk to you before the con. >< But I'm sure we'll find each other. Maybe. ;_;

OniCourseMusha
03-04-2005, 12:52 AM
And sorry guys, but Ed cosplayer perogative says NO MILK FOR YOU! (unless you find your own...) Heh, I actually don't like milk, and it wouldn't be a good idea to have milk out for several hours and then give it to people.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Got Milk?
Nah I was just j/k!

YAY TO THE COOKIES!!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Dude, you're going to rock.

I'm exhausted...three more sheets of cookies left, I think...I lost count of how many cookies I made after about 64. >_0 But I'll probably have almost 100 cookies.

Can I get some cookies as well, onegai? :D

Astro
03-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Kappy birthday K!
What date- 4th or the 5th? My mother's is the 5th, as is my friend Kat's, and she's going to AOD... I'm considering dragging her out to Chevy's for a super fun and embarassing birthday dinner with everyone else. XD huhuhu It's so fun to watch people be surprised by the Chevy's staff.

Shinsengumi
03-04-2005, 02:59 AM
Can I have some cookies too please?

Evolution
03-04-2005, 03:11 AM
Mmmm...cookies...

I was originally planning not to go, but due to some "gentle" prodding by large groups of friends and other cosplay peeps...I'll be there Saturday, in all of my wonderful Tonberry King splendor...See you all there...

Summon Monsters Unite and represent!!!

Oh, by the way, I had a Q...are the guests of honor usually in the habit of charging for autograph signings, and things like that??? Just curious...TY TY TY!!!

Raider3
03-04-2005, 05:41 AM
(Hmm, maybe I should have mentioned that this was a reply to BART Boy. It's late, I'm in pre-con packing frenzy, and I need sleep.)

There's nothing to it, once you clear the hurdle of stepping out in public wearing something you made yourself. Feel free to take a sense of pride if you get a lot of compliments. The first step is usually the hardest. Just have courage, and things should go okay.

As for the signage, well, excluding the majority of last year's annoying sign events around the nation... I have to say, I noticed your signs at Fanime, JTAF, and at ReccaCon. I think you've secured yourself a place in regional anime fandom.

Good luck on the AMV. I'm working on getting out a preview disc of some masquerade footage I filmed at Ani-Magic back in October. I hope to have something to show off before I get the finished products out to friends of mine between now and May.

Hang in there, be brave, and I'll be waving my 18-month old BART ticket in support, probably. :thumbsup:

Astro
03-04-2005, 06:37 AM

I always stay on the last days if I can! I met most of Cosplay Hell by going to the last day of Fanime!

Eurobeat King
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Gehhh.. woke up this morning, and it's RAINING.. :lost: Hopefully it'll clear up later, but if not, that means all indoor shots for this weekend. But I scoped out some pretty-good locations inside the hotel on both floors, so I'll make the best of it, and hopefully it won't too crowded and cramped inside.. See you all later today (or tomorrow!!) :)

Ryu-Ness
03-04-2005, 12:39 PM
;_; Whyyy..it was sunny the last two days. It was so clear out yesterday, so why is it raining? Grr.

It *Should* clear up tomorrow, since it's been clearing up the rest of the week, but who knows.

Crystalike
03-04-2005, 12:59 PM
i know!!!! WTF IS going on with the weather?!!?!? GAHHH!!! THIS SUCKS!

well, since im only going on Sunday, hopefully it'll clear out for me! XD

my Anko costume is really chilly....and i was so looking forward to walking to JApanTown too...gawsh....i really don't want to be an umbrella-carrying Naruto ninja....^^:

Ryu-Ness
03-04-2005, 01:36 PM
I say we use kunai on it until it gives!!

But anyway, yeah. It's already started and I can't wait 'til I go tomorrow. I wanna meet Tara Strong.. *o* Her voice for Clara is hilarious.

Miaka No Baka
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Today

Few Showers
Few Showers High
57 F
Precip: 30%
Cloudy with a few showers. Thunder possible. High 57F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tomorrow (saturday)
Showers Early
Showers Early Low
51 F
Precip: 30%
A few showers this evening with mostly clear conditions overnight. Thunder possible. Low 51F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sunday:

Sunny
Sunny High
63 F
Precip: 0%
Mainly sunny. High 63F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

YuffieK
03-04-2005, 06:01 PM
D: everyones at AOD but me and some other peoples :o ^^';;; I can't wait till tomorrow when I get to go! :D

Michi
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Yup... I'm not there today either, but I'm gonna try and drop by for a few hours tomorrow and maybe Sunday. ^^ I'll try to take as many photos as I can, too. :D