PDA

View Full Version : Got the material for my Tsukasa (.hack//sign) costume really cheap at JoAnn's

JoeBoeing
01-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Greetings all,

I bought the cloth for my Tsukasa costume today and I decided to make it out of a lightweight fleece. Hey, fleece is comfertable and I love the texture of this stuff.

This light weight fleece is the good stuff that normally costs 10 bucks a yard but I got it for 4 bucks a yard.

I'm going to hold of on making it til a month or two before AX since I'm taking two PE classes this semester and I'd hate for it to be to big on me come con time.

I'm holding off on Junpei as well but it looks like I'm going to have 2 new costumes for AX!

*runs around in circles hugging the fleece*

FRom,
Joe

shiroi_yukiko
01-04-2003, 09:19 PM
That's why I love Joann's! Sometimes there is really good stuff and it's actually on sale! I got a deal like that the other week, which was really good because I was desperately low on cash. **; Cosplay, gas in my car....cosplay!

Maryssa
01-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Fleece? AX? Wow... drink a lot of water dude x_x

JoeBoeing
01-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Yep! I'm using fleece. It's a very soft lightweight fleece.

I love water and drink it all day long.

FRom,
Joe

Integral
01-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Yup.. I agree. Take plenty of rests and drink lots of water!
For Animefest, a good freind and I made the "dogsuits" that Maeno and Izawa wear occassionally in Ping Pong Club. The costumes were so much fun, but since we made them out of wooly fleece (that we also bought at Jo Anne's!) They were very warm. In some areas, that helped a lot, because some parts of the con were.... well-air-conditioned.... but as soon as we hit the warmer places we were sweating. XD Febreeze is your freind!

JoeBoeing
01-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Greetings all,

Febreeze is my friend and my favorite deoderant...j/k.

Anyways, thanks guys for the suggestions. I have bad legs from my motorcycle accident in 1999 so I rest all the time. I also carry a litre bottle of water where ever I go so I shouldn't dehydrate.

FRom,
Joe

Jibrille
01-06-2003, 10:12 PM
I got all my Tsukasa fabric cheap at Joannes too! XD

joannes is a many splendored thing.

more colors and stuffs that i can shake a stick at.

Recca-kun
01-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Sorry to be off-topic, but does anyone know if JoAnne's or other stores are having (or had -_-) sales soon?

JoeBoeing
01-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Sign up for the JoAnn's mailing list. They will snailmail you a add every two weeks that always has a 50% off coupon.

I remember last year I got one with two 50% off coupons in a single add.

To do this you have to go to a JoAnn's store and fill out the card. I'm not sure if you can do it from their site but you can check:
www.joann.com

This adds they mail you also have a 40% off online store coupon as well.

But these coupons aren't good for everything. No sewing machines and sale items.

From,
Joe