PDA

View Full Version : New Event- Cosplay Lasertag/LaserQuest!

Elemental
03-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok. This is the INFO post that will be changing as information becomes available. We curently have a bit more info than before:

The basic idea is this: COSPLAY LASERTAG.

If haven't tried lasertag, the concept is similar to paintball. You put on a special vest that will react when light hits it, get given a gun that 'shoots' light, and are put in a very large wherehouse filled with levels, nooks and crannies, and oh yeah, blacklight, and you're goal is to not get shot. (While hopefully shooting everyone else).

DATE:

SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd.

PRICES:

It's $8 a player a game if we just go in to play with no reservation. A game is approx 25min.

For a group of 6 or more, it's $14 (tax included) a player, for 2 games, and includes a party room free. It needs a 50% payment ahead of time. 2 games run about an hour, with a 10 minute break in between.

For 26 people or more, we can book the whole maze, at a cost of $13.80-12 dollars each.
(It's a flat rate of $360).

Costumes are welcome, but we don't have music acess. (They play from their own soundtrack)

1980 Eglinton (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&searchtype=address&country=CA&addtohistory=&address=1980+Eglinton+Avenue+East&city=toronto&state=on&zipcode=)

This is right at Eglinton and Warden, on two major bus routes. (None of this 'only runs weekdays junk we had for Bowling)

We have a 35 person cut off. You will have to pre-register, and pre pay

PAYMENT:
I will organize more dates in the future.

Currently, if you are attending MTAC, you can give me the money there. I'll give you a recipt, and put your name down. I'll be collecting $14. If we decide to go for a second set of games, we can always use that money as the 50% deposit. If we end up with more people to bring the price down, the extra dollar or two will go towards pizza and drinks.

If more than 35 people want to attend, we can split us up into two groups- one half plays while the other half uses the room to socialize/take photos. We can also order in a piza or four.

The thread is for full discussion. To ask questions, just do so at the end. Be aware that the info on some of the earlier posts may now be incorrect.

The poll is for all intents and purposes, closed.

hikarilight
03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Sounds interesting, definitely count me in ^^

Kia
03-01-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm completely up for this, but it really depends on that date that gets chosen in the end. I'm passive and flexible, and will do whatever the group decides as a whole. ^_^

And I vote for Scarberia, since Mississauga (even for me) would be a pain in the neck to get to.

Amy the Yu
03-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Since it's gonna be at the end of April, and I'm one of those "poor uni students" that needed accomodating to be able to attend, I'm in.

What a way to start off my summer. ^^

As for date, I recommend April 30th. It's a saturday. Exactly 1 full week after finals end (for Waterloo at least where the 22nd is the last day of finals).

I would suggest the 23rd, but for those poor students who have finals right up to the last day, and those who's finals don't end until later, it would be too troublesome.

Oh, and of course, since I live in Scarborough, that got my vote.

JustinCredible
03-02-2005, 12:20 AM
And I vote for Scarberia, since Mississauga (even for me) would be a pain in the neck to get to.

Wha??? :walkoff:

:wave: Come on folks.. vote the Sauga!!! :wave:

And actually its more nearer to Dixie and Dundas then anything...

ikegami
03-02-2005, 02:24 AM
I'm definitely in! I've been wining about wanting to play LaserTag again for a while.

Kawaii Bishoujo
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
ehhh.. votes up for sauga =D since I practically live in between the border of brampton and sauga~ :3

Kia
03-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Since it's gonna be at the end of April, and I'm one of those "poor uni students" that needed accomodating to be able to attend, I'm in.

What a way to start off my summer. ^^

As for date, I recommend April 30th. It's a saturday. Exactly 1 full week after finals end (for Waterloo at least where the 22nd is the last day of finals).

I would suggest the 23rd, but for those poor students who have finals right up to the last day, and those who's finals don't end until later, it would be too troublesome.

Oh, and of course, since I live in Scarborough, that got my vote.
Even though I'm lucky enough to be finished school by the beginning of April, I like your reasoning for the dates. And here's the deal, if its it Sauga, you crash at my house. If its in Scarberia, I crash with you. :P

Edgar Strife
03-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Hum...sounds very interesting, you can count me in. It just depends what day its going to take place and hopefully I won't be busy on that day. I already voted incase you guys are wondering.

chef_belegfea
03-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Jamie shall go as well, I vote for which ever one I can get to easiest though...

Amy the Yu
03-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Even though I'm lucky enough to be finished school by the beginning of April, I like your reasoning for the dates. And here's the deal, if its it Sauga, you crash at my house. If its in Scarberia, I crash with you. :P

That works. XD My house is rediculously convenient to get to by TTC.

Katsuyuki_Shiro
03-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Sauga's waaaay too far for me... o___o.. My vote's for the one on Eglinton East... because I can get there by TTC... Sauga's just.. way too far... >___<

Kaijugal
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
The one in Mississauga rocksand I highly reccomend it. :bigtu:

There is also a LICKS (http://www.lickshomeburgers.com/) hambugers across the street and a dairy queen on the other side of the building. ^_^ Mmmmm. LICKS...

We use it for functions regularly. Fun Fun.

Kaijugal
03-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I'm completely up for this, but it really depends on that date that gets chosen in the end. I'm passive and flexible, and will do whatever the group decides as a whole. ^_^

Huh? It's totally easy to get to. And fast.

scarlet
03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
sounds great~! Since I've never done lasertag b4, it's a good chance for me XD

I am one of those "poor uni students". But lucky for me, my last exam ends on the 20 ^^ so I think, like any_the_yu suggested, 30th is good.

somethingcatchy
03-03-2005, 01:54 AM
What about us poor people that live north of toronto? Isn't the richmond hill location possible? Oh wait, I think that would work for just me, Chibi k3ro (if he's back by then) and Mekou-chan :(

Eglinton gets my vote then, and once again I offer up 4 or 5 spots in my car to needy peoples. I'll have to figure out what route I'd take though and where I could pick people up.

Oh, and anytimes good for me!

Lafiel
03-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Sounds like a fun time :D I just don't have any costumes that would be suitable to wear for lasertag and I know if I worn one it would probably get damaged :\ not to mention I would feel bummed if I wasn't able to dress up.

So yeah if someone wants to buy my laser tag vote :P
Just kidding ^^
Mmm this thread reminds me I need to get a milk shake from sci fi soon.

JustinCredible
03-03-2005, 10:38 PM

You tell her!

:jjacks: VOTE SAUGA :jjacks:

Amy the Yu
03-03-2005, 10:56 PM
:jjacks: VOTE SAUGA :jjacks:

I love how that randomly sounds like election promo to me even though politics completely goes over my head. XD <- is feeling demented

ikegami
03-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Right! Take the Subway to Islington. Take the Dundas bus to Laser Quest. tada!

Anyway, I can give you (Kia) a ride there from your place if you want.

ikegami
03-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a fun time :D I just don't have any costumes that would be suitable to wear for lasertag and I know if I worn one it would probably get damaged :\ not to mention I would feel bummed if I wasn't able to dress up.

You're not coming cause you wouldn't be wearing a costume? That's silly! Come play! Or come dressed up as:

http://www.adaelis.com/misc/temp/Bummer%20of%20a%20birth%20mark,%20Hal.jpg
Bummer of a birth mark, Hal
(from Far Side)

Elemental
03-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Much better to have actual details. Shall modify post. thanks Ikegami!

Amy the Yu
03-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Here's a question fer ya.

If 2 games happens, would they be consecutive, or are we allowed a break in between to rest a bit before jumping back into the maze?

cretanzia
03-05-2005, 10:27 AM
mm sounds like fun, I've always wanted to try lazer tag... I'm not really sure which location is closer to me but I'm sure I could convince my mother to drive me :p

Elemental
03-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Here's a question fer ya.

If 2 games happens, would they be consecutive, or are we allowed a break in between to rest a bit before jumping back into the maze?

The games normally happen with a short, 5/10 minute break in between. If we had enough people to rent the place, we can make it more.

Straywind
03-05-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm interested. Having this event in late April is kind of iffy for me, though. I have four exams in one week (18th - 22nd) and I still have one more exam in early May. Hopefully I can make it, though, since I've never played lasertag before and it sounds like a lot of fun. (^_^)

chef_belegfea
03-05-2005, 08:43 PM
I'll be up for as many games as possible...

cretanzia... you cheat!!! you're little!!!

cretanzia
03-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I'll be up for as many games as possible...

cretanzia... you cheat!!! you're little!!!

:razz: Being short has advantages xD And if I do Konohamaru again, I'll bring a camoflauge sheet to hide behind! wuha! I'm very good at hiding... I always win at hide n' seek.. I just curl up in a corner and stay perfectly still... woops.. there goes my secret >_<

Rainy_Luna
03-06-2005, 04:27 PM
I vote it be in Scarborough, since I live there an I've an idiot when it comes to direction, and the lasertag in Scarborough is just down Warden(I live on warden. =D) wich is really easy for me.

If its in Scar, I'd totally go no matter what. :D

Saffi
03-06-2005, 06:30 PM
my friend Whodini's shown some interest in this, so I'll probably come too.. need more info tho.

Seed-chan
03-06-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm in. I vote for Scarborough, because I could walk there... though it'd take me half an hour XD

Scoti
03-07-2005, 09:26 AM
I guess I'd vote for Mississauga because it's closer for me but it won't be a big deal if it's in Scarborough.

chef_belegfea
03-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Jamie gives his vote to Scarborough...

We like talking in the third person...

TheWestWind
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Wouldn't many of the costumes be hard to wear with the laser pack?? But anyway, I'll most likely be coming no matter where it is! heh.. Richmond Hill location... It's like a 10 min walk from me... oh well, I don't mind where it is!

Amy the Yu
03-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm in. I vote for Scarborough, because I could walk there... though it'd take me half an hour XD

My home high school was a 50 min walk from home...and I walked home every day. Although, if you're cosplaying for this, you might not want to walk there in costume. >_<

Jamie gives his vote to Scarborough...
We like talking in the third person...

You LIE!!! "We" is 2nd person. =P

Wouldn't many of the costumes be hard to wear with the laser pack??

And that's why cosplayers are nuts! =D

I'm going to be dressed for the occasion. Costume will cost me no more than $10 in black duct tape, so no worries about it getting ruined while I run around, and nothing to hinder the backpack thingies. XD

Jiah
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me! Last time I played lazer tag I joined my friends team (them yelling, "NONO she's on our side don't shoot her!" whenever I went onto their side), and then we made a rebel faction that shot anything that moved. It was great :3

I probably wouldn't be able to go; lack of ride is a serious problem and money might be too (I'm a poor sunnuva ;P). I can't wait to hear about it!

Yami Rurouni
03-07-2005, 06:15 PM
oooooh, lazer tag..... count me in definately. there's something about shooting lazer lights at people that makes my heart sing and dance like a little....singing....dancing.....thing. anyways....location? doesn't really matter, i think i'd spend the same amount of time driving to each place anyway.

YukiPhnx
03-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm all for the scarborough one! I'll b able to get to it, no problem.

this is a cosplay optional thing rite? cuz i don't think i have any costume fit for this, seeing as how they all involve skirts..........

there's something about shooting lasers at ppl and shouting "die die die die die die die die die die die die!" that really relieves stress........ :P

Katsuyuki_Shiro
03-07-2005, 07:14 PM
there's something about shooting lasers at ppl and shouting "die die die die die die die die die die die die!" that really relieves stress........ :P

Yes!! It's going to be a lot of fun! ^^

Kohana
03-07-2005, 08:25 PM
I vote Mississauga.... just b/c its closer

Lady_Sodina
03-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Same here, Mississauga. I'm really interested in going, it just really depends on the day for me *curses leaving her planner at her dad's place* Last weekend in April *should* be fine, I'll have a better idea once there's something set in motion.

Jo_Canadian
03-07-2005, 10:58 PM
i wanna do this just for the fact that i want to put together some sort of gunner costume just to work with it cause it would be funny. vash or wolfwood would destroy you all

Amy the Yu
03-07-2005, 11:39 PM
i wanna do this just for the fact that i want to put together some sort of gunner costume just to work with it cause it would be funny. vash or wolfwood would destroy you all

Do Vash. He's not only bright, he's red, like human target. XD

Cazeson_Zear
03-08-2005, 12:07 PM
This would be intresting to mix in with 2 resident evil cosplayers. I may go, im not 100 sure though.

Edgar Strife
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
All this cosplay gunner talk is making me wonder who I should cosplay and I guess I decided that I'll cosplay Dante from Devil May Cry 2 for this event. Even though I'll be an easy target, hopefully I'll manage to survive the game.

Jo_Canadian
03-09-2005, 10:18 AM
hey amy...if thats the way you wanna play i will go in with vashes little gunning skills too....and you will pay *shakes fist*

chef_belegfea
03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
You LIE!!! "We" is 2nd person. =P

No, Jamie is special... all of Jamies talk in the third person

Now to figure out a scary looking costume that is all black... maybe Vincint from the bebop movie... (insert creepy evil grin here)

cretanzia
03-09-2005, 04:55 PM
If everyone wears black I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb.. maybe I should do Kyo from fruitsbasket... Its the only black outfit I have

Amy the Yu
03-09-2005, 05:05 PM
If everyone wears black I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb.. maybe I should do Kyo from fruitsbasket... Its the only black outfit I have

You'll probably still stick out like a sore thumb. The white trim is sure to glow like a neon sign. XD

No complaints here though, easier for me to target. >D

Kia
03-09-2005, 05:54 PM
You'll probably still stick out like a sore thumb. The white trim is sure to glow like a neon sign. XD

No complaints here though, easier for me to target. >D
You should dress as a GIANT target, because that would be cool! :bigtu:

hikarilight
03-09-2005, 06:32 PM

Be like the cat you are and jump like crazy XD

Amy the Yu
03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
You should dress as a GIANT target, because that would be cool! :bigtu:

I want to see someone do that now. XD One sided target sandwich board!

Elemental
03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok, As things stand, I'm looking at the 26th of March as a possible date. Is this liveable for everyone? If I get too maby 'no's by next wednesday, we'll move it to April sometime.

And from the poll results, looks like Scarborough is the winner.

NOTE: If you want to participate in this function, you WILL HAVE TO PRE-PAY. I'll set up a few dates where I'll be in a central spot you can meet me and pay for your ticket. I simply can't cover 50% of the regristration myself, especially if we are looking at renting the whole hall.

(Sorry for the date mixup)

hikarilight
03-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Ok, As things stand, I'm looking at the 23rd of March as a possible date. Is this liveable for everyone? If I get too maby 'no's by next wednesday, we'll move it to April sometime.

NOTE: If you want to participate in this function, you WILL HAVE TO PRE-PAY. I'll set up a few dates where I'll be in a central spot you can meet me and pay for your ticket. I simply can't cover 50% of the regristration myself, especially if we are looking at renting the whole hall.

*just realizes that March 23 is March Break*

I don't mind the prepay, sounds fair ^^

Amy the Yu
03-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Ok, As things stand, I'm looking at the 23rd of March as a possible date. Is this liveable for everyone? If I get too maby 'no's by next wednesday, we'll move it to April sometime.

EDIT:
Eek...I'm retarded. I read it as April 20-something. >_<

March 26th, isn't that Easter weekend?

I'm all up for it, since i'll b home anyway, and I guess it's just as well that it's so close to MacTAC cause I may wear the same duct tape costume for both and scrap the idea of making Kirara (Samurai 7) from duct tape for the time being and do something cool in black.

Mekou
03-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Augh...if it's on the 23rd I can't make it. I have school during the week. -.-; I'm sure it's the same way for a few people

Plus, it's a little close after MTAC ^^

Katsuyuki_Shiro
03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
March 23? That's a wednesday... hmm... do you possibly mean April 23? Just wondering..

I don't mind the prepay, sounds fair ^^

I hope it's April 23rd.... <__< I'm still in school on March 23rd.. ^^;;

Elemental
03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
WHOOPS! The 26TH! That's what I meant, the Saturday. Weekdays are BAD!

Seed-chan
03-09-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm fine with the 23rd, and the prepaying. Just ta let ya know

EDIT: 26th is fine too... I have no life next next week XD;;

hikarilight
03-09-2005, 09:37 PM
WHOOPS! The 26TH! That's what I meant, the Saturday. Weekdays are BAD!

If that's the case, even better ^^

Kia
03-09-2005, 09:49 PM
You realize the 26th is supposed to be our mBrosia practice?

Elemental
03-09-2005, 10:00 PM
um....... Ok folks. How does APRIL 23rd sound, and we'll pretend this whole date fiasco hasn't happened?

*still thinks it's Tuesday. Forgive her*

Kia
03-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I love you, I really do. ^_^

A.F.A.I.K., that date is good for me. ^_^

Amy the Yu
03-09-2005, 10:08 PM
um....... Ok folks. How does APRIL 23rd sound, and we'll pretend this whole date fiasco hasn't happened?

And to repost the one I edited before when I misread the date. XD

Don't know how well it works for those uni students who finish finals late, but I finish on the 16th, so I'm in.

I'll probably pay you at MacTAC if you're willing.

Kia
03-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I could pay you at the meeting (the mBrosia one) ... since I think I get paid by then ... at least I hope so ...

Elemental
03-09-2005, 10:11 PM
Actually, that's a good idea! (Paying me at MTAC)
And that's fine Kia.
*edits first post*

hikarilight
03-09-2005, 10:14 PM

Sounds good too XD

Elemental
03-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Ok, the first info post has been edited. YAY! PLANS!

Jo_Canadian
03-09-2005, 11:30 PM
ok i know this is off topic....but i do believe that this is a formal challenge *pulls out white slapping glove* amy the yu i am calling you out at lazer quest...our weapons a harmless beam of light....winner take all *by that i mean loser buys the other a coke*

Chibik3r0
03-10-2005, 01:07 AM
I think I'll be passing on this event ^_^

I have finals right up until April 22nd and I'll likely be too tired *cough*hungover*cough* to drive my ass to Scarborough for Lazertag the day after hell ends.

Also, I only have a week between the end of finals and the beginning of May to move out of Guelph and back home, so I'll probably be enjoying my time with my last few days with university/work friends as well as packing. I also have somewhat tentative plans to have a photoshoot in Guelph/Rockwood on either the 23rd or 24th, not exactly sure yet...

But have fun guys ^_^

Edgar Strife
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Hum....if its going be on the 23 its fine with me, but I need to see if I won't be busy on that day. If I'm free, I'll try to join you guys. How much is it again for Lazertag?

kels
03-10-2005, 08:05 PM
this sounds like so much fun!.. same with me tho.. if its on the 23rd its fine.. so count me and a friend in! ^_^.. if its alrite.. then ill prollie pay you at mactac too~~

thing is.. scarborough.. where exactly in scarborough is it? *in richmond hill*

Elemental
03-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Check the first post of the thread, all the directions (and a map) are there. :D

Seed-chan
03-10-2005, 10:42 PM
lol, I'm still good with that date as well. I can pay at Mactac... if someone reminds me to...

Lady_Sodina
03-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Bwah, I'm going to have to pass then, I'm seeing the play Wicked that night, plus I might have a play practice during the day for my school play ^^" Have fun though!!

Scoti
03-10-2005, 11:00 PM
lol, I'm still in. I can pay at Mactac... if someone reminds me to...

We're suppose to pay up front right now?

Elemental
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Paying at MTAC is an option, if you want to have it over and done with now (Especially if you don't live in the city) I'll have other dates and times to meet me later. But you do need to pay up front. I simply can't cover it myself.
All the info's on the first post.

Yami Rurouni
03-12-2005, 09:31 AM
i can pay at the TAC, will there be anyway i can identify you out of the crowd though? (sorry but don't know what you look like!)

Scoti
03-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Paying at MTAC is an option, if you want to have it over and done with now (Especially if you don't live in the city) I'll have other dates and times to meet me later. But you do need to pay up front. I simply can't cover it myself.
All the info's on the first post.

I understand you would need the money before hand I just thought that MTAC was the only time I could do so.

kels
03-12-2005, 03:30 PM

ikegami
03-13-2005, 03:08 PM
*Marks April 23rd in his calendar*
Right after my bday, bonus!

Amy the Yu
03-13-2005, 03:12 PM
*Marks April 23rd in his calendar*
Right after my bday, bonus!

Then we'll have to give you birthday beats. XD And then force feed you lotsa cake. =D

Katsuyuki_Shiro
03-13-2005, 03:34 PM
I won't be going... I'm not going to MACTAC and I won't have the money... Oh well.. Have fun everyone!

kels
03-14-2005, 11:07 AM
.. i cant go anymore either.. something came up.. gaouu

somethingcatchy
03-20-2005, 04:24 AM
hey elemental, any chance of you being somewhere close by to markham/richmond hill area? im not likely able to get to mtac...dont know how else i could get you the money aside from mailing it to you...

Amy the Yu
03-21-2005, 01:39 AM
La de da de da...I'm a dumbass. =D

I forgot to pay you while I had the money. I have more here at school, but I had the chance to give it to you at MacTAC and I forgot. I'll give it to you whenever since I'm going to be in TO again next weekend and once more before finals hit the 2nd week of April. If you have paypal, I can paypal it to you or if you have an account w/ TD, I can bank transfer it over if I don't see you. >_>

TheWestWind
03-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Ummm... Hey Somethingcatchy.. You live near Richmond Hill? I though I was the only one.. But anyway, Elemental, I could pay you through TD as well if you have an account there. And if you could come around Richmond Hill, Somethingcatchy and I could probably pay you, right? I could probably go downtown and all, it's ok for me as well.

Chibik3r0
03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Ummm... Hey Somethingcatchy.. You live near Richmond Hill? I though I was the only one.. But anyway, Elemental, I could pay you through TD as well if you have an account there. And if you could come around Richmond Hill, Somethingcatchy and I could probably pay you, right? I could probably go downtown and all, it's ok for me as well.

SomethingCatchy and I went to highschool together and are both from good ol Stouffville "Country close to the city!"... Personally, My dad lives in the Richmond Hill/Oak Ridges region so I'm out there frequently. Either way, it's not far from Stoufville XD

somethingcatchy
04-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Ya, Richmond Hill is close enough to me...no matter what I have to drive a little ways to get anywhere...damn slowville

Error
04-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Well, too lazy to go through the whole thread.... so...

Is there a time set? Because I (and probably a few others I know of) would love to go, but I'm likely going to be busy until early afternoon. So, if it was later-afternoon (3-4), I'd be able to. :O

Edit - Though we may not be able to pre-pay, so maybe not o_o

ikegami
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Is there a time set?
Not yet. It would be edited into the first post if so.

Kia
04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
:: sigh :: I'm going to have to back out ... I'm really really sorry. But I'm so broke right now that I can't afford to take any time off work. =(

I hope everyone has fun though! ^_^

Elemental
04-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Sorry to drop the ball on this for so long, but I was trying to get everything scheduled with the location and they just weren't making it easy. ><:::

Unfortunately, they have the 23rd booked until the evening. There was a possibility of a switch, so they had me waiting until the other group was confirmed. Unfortunately, the other group (some team, I think) has the space until 7ish.

The earliest we could be booked in is 8pm on the 23, which is far later than I wanted, and frankly due to family, too late for me to manage.

So we have several options:

1) I can hand this off to someone else willing to organize the event and they can snag the space. It means you'll have to go to the actual location and give them the deposit in person to make the booking, and soon. I can meet up with you to give you who has pre-paid already.

2) We cancel the whole thing and I refund for those who have already pre-paid.

3)We schedule it later- I'm thinking directly after Anime North. This way you can pre-pay at con, there's no issue with the person grabbing the room putting down their own cash for a deposit, and it's a great thought to hold us ofer after con till the summer photoshoots start up. It also means those who couldn't make it for exams no longer have that excuse. ^^

I'm leaning towards the last idea myself- and Suggest either June 4th or 11th. But its up to you guys. I'm sorry this didn't work out, but there was just no way to schedule around the other group. ><;;

So, talk to me already!

TheWestWind
04-13-2005, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't mind the June option... I'd say June 4! My friend said he wouldn't mind the 4th either. So yeah, June'll be fine! Nobody wants to go to the Richmond Hill location? I don't know how busy it would be though or who could get there...

Seed-chan
04-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Hahah I was actually planning to say that I was going to cancel, but this is even better. =3

I'd much rather it be after AN as well, though really, I don't care when. May is my month of running around like a maniac for both school and AN, so June is the ultimate relaxation month XD

ikegami
04-13-2005, 05:07 PM
So we have several options:
Or we could move it to Mississauga! *giggle*

Did you ask which dates they have free after AN?

hikarilight
04-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Moving after AN is a great deal to me as well *thumbs up* Though I wonder if I can make it early June... probably, since I won't be studying for exams at all *ish big procrastinator*

Nagi Lee
04-14-2005, 02:36 PM
i'm in i live in brampton so its easy for me ether way i guess

Elemental
08-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Well, since this plan has pretty much failed due to my work schedule not giving me much time to breathe, nevermind plan anything, I'd like to refund those of you wh o prepaid. My document with the e-mail addresses was lost, though I do have your names. Please PM me with your real name included and We can schedule where/how I can give you your refund.

Sorry for this not taking off, but if someone is interested in running it, I do now have a full contact for lazerquest, and can score us a better price. :D huzzah, discounts!
~Amanda

Kawaii Akina
08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm in this. And it should be interesting. I think around June 4th should be fine for me ^^

Elemental
08-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Um... I'm just going to repeat that this event is no longer being held.